Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Horn' grows on man's head

Lionel

user posted imageA villager in Himachal Pradesh is attracting a lot of curiosity for the "horn" growing at the back of his head."The horn-like growth is about three and a half inches long and started growing at the back of my head some six months ago," says Lekh Ram, 65, of Nalagarh village, some 100 km from here.

A newspaper even carried a picture of the man with the grey coloured "horn" jutting out from his head. Medical records say it is a very rare phenomenon.

The news has started attracting curious villagers from neighbouring villages. Uncomfortable at the attention, Ram ties a turban to hide the growth.

"Initially it was soft but it is now beginning to get harder," Balkrishan Sharma, a local reporter, told IANS.

It isn't clear whether Ram has shown himself to a doctor, but he appears to be healthy otherwise.

A bachelor and a celibate, Ram has served in temples all his life. He claims to have had several mystical experiences.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: New Kerala

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris_com28

• Blood Angel

• Lionel

• Engulf

Moe would not like to have horns. It would not be pleasant to go though life constantly horny. blink.gif

Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine

by George M Gould and Walter L Pyle

Original Copyright 1896 by W.B. Saunders

Human horns are anomalous outgrowths from the skin and are far more frequent than ordinarily supposed. Nearly all the older writers cite examples. Aldrovandus, Amatus Lusitanus, Boerhaave, Dupre, Schenck, Riverius, Vallisneri, and many others mention horns on the head. In the ancient times horns were symbolic of wisdom and power. Michael Angelo in his famous sculpture of Moses has given the patriarch a pair of horns. Article Link

user posted image

user posted image

Im i the only one to notice that his last name is RAM?As in big sheep with horns tongue.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

The poor folks are never going to be able to wear a hat again... tongue.gif

::puts down bowl of noodles:: damn......what bad timing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifblink.gifblink.gifdontgetit.gifdontgetit.gif

Nothing strange about that. My x-wife had two devil horns, and a tail! Of course she hid them well, but I knew they were there! blink.gif

Nothing strange about that. My x-wife had two devil horns, and a tail! Of course she hid them well, but I knew they were there! blink.gif

LMAO Kryso laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I got a horn, wait a sec this isn't the flirt thread? O_O;;

laugh.gif LOL Blood Angel grin2.gif

I wonder if they run in families? Or if the genetic marker for folk with horns has been located?

Oh my gosh - thats really cool - perhaps his horn is a symbol that he is indeed wise and chosen by God.

wow that is freeky, cant help but to feel sorry for them though.

• 3 weeks later...

well u can have them if u like because the ever amazing body bodification bregade have come up with a method of fusing some type of living coral onto the skull, nice eh?

as far as bod mod's go ill stick with tattoos and piercings, as i feel that branding, beading, pocketing, micro amputation and implantation are a wee bitty much

lol

i think my hubby agrees

ph34r.gif