Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

For Ghost Hunters & Investigators!

Pluto-x

For Paranormal Investigators & Ghost Hunters!

What would be your ultimate place you wish or dreamed of investigating?

One place I would love the opportunity to investigate would be the former home of Houdini! He stated before he died that if he'd get the chance to come back that he would definitely come back in the after life. He was burried in Queens, NY and I know investigators who visited his grave. Joe Flammer and Diane Hill of the Paranormal Adventurers investigated there and got some cool video footage of a possible apparition or shadow figure.

I'd love to investigate The Statue of Liberty!

Or even ancient ruins...

:tu:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LIGhostChick

• JustNormal

• Pluto-x

• Barek Halfhand

I would love to get a second opinion on some of the places I've already been to... as far as seeking out more... no thanks :no: ...whats the point really... I had a Vodou High Priestess advise me that I was attracting the attention of certain elements by making multiple trips to a certain place...call me superstitious or call me cautious, its your decision ....B

halfhandshuffle:Siouxsie & The Banshees - Peek-A-Boo

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Lets see......Alcatraz, Egyptian Pyramids, Queen Mary (going there later this year), Myrtles Plantation, and the Tower of London.

There is an old victorian cemetary about 30 minutes away from where I live. Neville Chamberlain is buried there and I remember my dad taking me there when I was a teenager. It was very gothic, very Hammer House - an amazing place and I'd love to go back.

Oh yeah! Draculas Castle would be great! Though he had more than one. I think almost any old castle in Scotland, Ireland or Germany would be great.

hmmm...Devil's Tree, Helltown, I want to go down to the Keys and see Robert the haunted doll..Oh! and Hellfire caves :D

Waverly Hills, Eastern State Pennitentiary & St. Augustine Lighthouse... which are in our 2008 itinerary... hopefully. :tsu:

Lets see......Alcatraz, Egyptian Pyramids, Queen Mary (going there later this year), Myrtles Plantation, and the Tower of London.

I just got back from the Myrtles it was really active I would love to go back again next year. Alcatraz is on my list along with the Queen Mary.

I go to the St. Augustine lighthouse sometimes (just last week, actually), but always during the day as a tourist. I'd love to investigate there at night without all the people. It's great to talk to the employees there, they always have such spooky stories of their own. There's a house with a supposed "gateway to hell" in the basement in the same neighborhood as the lighthouse, it's a pretty well-known thing. That'd be a great place to investigate. Some other places I've always wanted to go to include Bachelor's Grove Cemetary near Chicago, Dracula's castle and really anywhere in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Oh yeah! Draculas Castle would be great! Though he had more than one. I think almost any old castle in Scotland, Ireland or Germany would be great.

Vlads castle for sure is number one. I have seen footage of other investigators there and it was simply amazing. There are infa red hot spots everywhere and the castle will actually attack you to a degree. I saw one instance where a crossbow fired by itself and nearly hit someone investigating. It would scare me to go there and hauntings normally don't scare me at all.

Vlad used to get off impaling people by greasing up wooden poles stuck in the ground and sitting people naked on them. The poles would slowly slide in a persons anus and kill them slowly as their bows spilled. Need I say more? lol

Edited by GirlInBlack

There's a floor that's been closed in an administrative building on the UMKC campus in Kansas City. No one is allowed to go up on the floor and security guards will not walk it. It is suppose to be very active, that is why the floor is closed. I don't remember the name of the building right off the top of my head, but it's a legend in KC.

I just got back from the Myrtles it was really active I would love to go back again next year. Alcatraz is on my list along with the Queen Mary.

Can you actually stay in the plantation. I can't remember. Maybe one of these days I can make it down there.

Hey Rob,

Yes you can stay there. Although it costs you about $180 a room. They allow over night investigations, but again just like every place TAPS has been to, they always have a catch or fee involved.

I would also love to investigate St. Augustine's Lighthouse, Eastern State Penn, ( Dracula's Castle would be awesome! ) Any Castle in Ireland or Europe would be excellent. We're actually heading to Eastern State Penn at the end of this Month. I can't wait to go! I would love to investigate Bannerman's Castle in the Hudson Valley. That's on our agenda too. We recently just did Gettysburg too. Even slept in a Haunted Hotel! LOL... I got grabbed by the arm in my sleep. Got a class A EVP from there too.

I also have a friend who owns a Condo in Florida and we might hit St. Augustine Light in December or Feb...

How about the Bell Witch? I don't know if that legend is true, but I know a bunch of people who travel and investigate that legend.

There's a few places in CT too I would love to investigate. They have a Mt. Misery type area just like out here on Long Island that is supposedly haunted.

The hardest part is getting access to these places!

^_^

We're going to Queen Mary in December.

WHat was the name of that Hospital I think in CT where some film about mind control was made? (sorry for the vagueness, very tired to think). Kinda like a CT version of Kings Park here on LI.

I've heard during the filming they had a lot weird things happen. Supposedly you can even hear an EVP in the film!

Also, how about that field in NJ where the Hindenberg blew up? Probably a housing development by now. :(

We're going to Queen Mary in December.

WHat was the name of that Hospital I think in CT where some film about mind control was made? (sorry for the vagueness, very tired to think). Kinda like a CT version of Kings Park here on LI.

I've heard during the filming they had a lot weird things happen. Supposedly you can even hear an EVP in the film!

Also, how about that field in NJ where the Hindenberg blew up? Probably a housing development by now. :(

You mean Fairfield Hospital in CT?

You mean Fairfield Hospital in CT?

That sounds right. I found a website about it but says nothing about allowing investigations. :(

I would love to hit Danvers Hospital in Massachussetts it's huge but they don't allow anyone to visit let alone investigate.

I would love to hit Danvers Hospital in Massachussetts it's huge but they don't allow anyone to visit let alone investigate.

I live in Mass, but not close to Danvers but I have heard about it, and unfortunately its patrolled by the police so no one can even get near the place. It is closed, and was a mental institution. Maybe one of these Sundays I can take a ride by and at least get shots from the street. Unknown if anyone is able to capture anything from a distance, but you never know...JN

There's a note in bold writting on their website that says something like "if you email us about visiting or photographing the place, your email will be automatically deleted & ignored". So I guess they're really serious about not letting people in. Anyone ever see Session 9? If you get the chance to rent it, do so. It was a freaky movie & it was filmed in Danvers Hospital.

There's a note in bold writting on their website that says something like "if you email us about visiting or photographing the place, your email will be automatically deleted & ignored". So I guess they're really serious about not letting people in. Anyone ever see Session 9? If you get the chance to rent it, do so. It was a freaky movie & it was filmed in Danvers Hospital.

Yes they are dead serious, no pun intended. I wonder why they are SO protective of that building? NO never saw that, will have to check it out..Thanks..JN

I would love to hit Danvers Hospital in Massachussetts

I was a nursing student living on the campus at Tewksbury State Hosp when the patients started to be transferred. We were told to not mention Danvers, period.

TSH and especially the nurses house had it's fair share, but I wish I could have gone to Danvers before they had torn it down...

By June 2006, all of the Danvers State Hospital buildings that were marked for demolition had been torn down, including all of the buildings on the lower grounds and all of the buildings on the hill except for the center-most sections of the Kirkbride buildings. Avalon Bay predicted that they would have properties available for rent/sale by Fall 2007. However, on April 7, 2007, four of the new apartment complex buildings and four of Avalon bay's construction trailers burned down in a large fire visible from Boston, some seventeen miles away. The fire was confined mostly to the buildings under construction on the eastern end, and the damage to the remaining Kirkbride structures was minimal, with only one of the spires slightly catching fire due to excessive heat. An investigation is underway concerning the cause of the fire.

There are a few places I would like to visit, oddly enough, the one I want to go to most is the closest to me... Bainbridge Restaurant in Chelmsford... the next town over. Been to the castles and Stonehenge in England, Japan, Thailand, Cambodia, Virgin Islands, Bermuda, most of the Caribbean... but I can't manage to get a cup of tea the next town over??? lol