Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

upto £300 million NHS bill on tattoo removals

Syd Boggle

Syd also knows the dangers of getting tattoos while going through a ‘fashion phase’.

Although he deeply regrets it, he refuses to have them removed on the Nhs and to be a burden to the British tax payer.

linked-image

Another one of his…unfortunately, as you can see, picked up during his heavy drinking phase.

linked-image

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• Syd Boggle

• Fluffybunny

• Starr Destin Mathews

Unfortunately we do live in a world where stereotypes exist, and stereotypes by their very nature hold some truth...

too true. lots of uptight anal men tend to wear suits.

What is it with young people today? that they feel they need to get tattoos, its seems that tattoos have become such a potent fashion statement that everyone has them, gone are the traditional bulldogs or rose, now we have men with unsightly mouri style patterns all over their arms and shoulders

Is your problem with the type of tattoo or the people wearing them? If it was someone your age with a bulldog or rose it's fine?

too true. lots of uptight anal men tend to wear suits.

yeah I used to wear a suit... I used to be uptight and hate everything. Now, thank god I don't wear a suit..I'm more chilled out, still hate everything though, but in a chilled out way..

you can't compare tattoos to clothes. The art of tattooing has been around for so long it's not like fashion.For some people tattooing is ceremonial. I see your point, but for instance I have never been like "oh I wanna get some tribal flower twirly thingy on my back"

Talk about regretting a tattoo:

linked-image

:lol: Michael Jackson!.. Oh no!

:lol: Michael Jackson!.. Oh no!

Would be great if that person got Macaulay Culkin to massage their back.

Of course, some tattoos can be meaningful and beautiful.

Like this one,

I think it really encapsulates the powerful deeper mystical meanings of ancient symbols, combined with the majestic wonder of the mighty mythical Dragon.

linked-image

Of course, some tattoos can be meaningful and beautiful.

Like this one,

I think it really encapsulates the powerful deeper mystical meanings of ancient symbols, combined with the majestic wonder of the mighty mythical Dragon.

linked-image

mythical? looks like Puff to me...

Here we have a typical example of a pretentious moron, getting carrid away...definately a case of..."Oh look at me everyone, arent i cool and on the edge"

linked-image

Shot at 2007-08-16

Here is a case of, i guess, an acceptable level of ones own tribal, and spiritual self reflection..

linked-image

Shot at 2007-08-16

A poor choice of tattoos can doom you to a life of poverty. In his case it looks like it is well deserved. There are a lot of idiots in the world.

Absolutely.. I mean I couldn't imagine this guy working, well, unless he works in the food industry, then maybe his tattoo could be an advantage..

Say, he works in a restaurant, I guess he could then have the menu tattooed on his face and back..

linked-image

Absolutely correct Lord Scrummage. Dark days indeed.

And we still can't seem to pull Syd out of his seemingly dark deep depression..

linked-image

Shot at 2007-08-16

quite right Billy, it appears the plight of Syd Boggle has detereated, He claims he is being targeted by killer wasps, and dark hooded demonds around peckham, where the council have recently moved him......i am sad to say he has been sectioned under the mental health act...

linked-image

Shot at 2007-08-16

It is my belief that he has been targeted by corrupt councellors,bar owners and liberal social workers, working against his high moral stance....

linked-image

i dont think syd is out just yet, hes gone away to dream it all up again, a glimpse into the future of syd boggle.

There are many theories which may explain Syd’s current condition; I think one of the most valid is, perhaps he had the ‘minimum filter settings’ on his goggles set too high.

This may have driven him crazy, as everyone he met would therefore be classified as immoral; he might have felt totally bewildered and lost in a subjective world of perpetual sin.

Example-

linked-image

Through syd's eyes-

linked-image

Shot at 2007-08-17

These are my tattoos and they are beautiful and not a trend

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

i have more but those are just some examples of awesome tattoos that are unique and an expression of myself

These are my tattoos and they are beautiful and not a trend

linked-image

i have more but those are just some examples of awesome tattoos that are unique and an expression of myself

interesting neo gothic designs, perhaps needs a little work, i think a British BullDog would complete the story......Just wondering if while in that pose, one could rest his pint of beer on the mantle piece? so to speak

Edited by lord scrummage

linked-image

Very interesting.. although I can't quite see all the tattoo.. feel free to pm the full version.. :innocent:

Here’s my friend's tattoo. He kinda regret it..it’s not really original, he got caught up in the ‘science tattoo’ phase of 2002.

In the UK it was fashionable to have a tattoo of your favorite scientist.

linked-image

linked-image

Im a tattooist and i personally wont put anything on a person that i think they will regret or will harm there chances of getting a job etc, i think tattooists should be more responsible with the designs they put on people.

Lord Scrummage! [bowing in homage] I haven't seen you since the thread about young British women being lushes.

Times report that in year 2006 almost 200000 tattoos were removed by the NHS, estimated to be at a cost of upto 300 million pounds, although the real figure is unknown!

I have no problem with British women being lushes (I'm sipping a glass of chardonnay as I type) and I also have no problem with tattoos.

....and women appear to favour ungodly pretentious celtic patterns on their lower back!
I find Celtic patterns on British women's lower backs to be an incredible turn on. Especially if the tattoo is enclosed between two lumbosacral dimples, embracing the tattoo like two coy, natural parentheses..... ah......

Seriously speaking, I think tattoos are a statement that you're old enough to say, "THIS is something that will always be true about me". If it turns out that you WEREN'T old enough to make that kind of statement, tough on you. Suck it up and deal with it. Don't expect your national health care system to pay for your bad taste. You should be solely responsible for obliterating your offending tattoo. You are very fortunate to have a national health care system at all. Here in America we don't have one. Last night in Kansas City a guy threw his cancer-stricken wife off a balcony because he couldn't pay for good medical care and that was the kindest way to end things.

=============================

"KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A man who told police he threw his ailing wife off their fourth-floor balcony because he couldn't afford to pay for her medical care was arraigned Thursday on charges of second-degree murder.

Stanley J. Reimer, 51, appeared in Jackson County Circuit Court to hear the charge in the death late Tuesday of Criste Reimer, 47. Reimer did not have a lawyer at the hearing and requested representation by the public defender's office. He remained jailed on $250,000 bond. Reimer walked his wife to the balcony of their apartment Tuesday night and threw her over, according to court documents filed in court. Criste Reimer's body was found that night outside the apartment building, located near an upscale shopping district.

In the probable-cause statement, police said Reimer told them he could no longer pay the bills for his wife's treatment for neurological problems and uterine cancer. Criste Reimer had been in ill health for several years, according to Jackson County Probate Court records. Her weight had fallen to 75 pounds, she was partly blind, and she had an extensive history of traumatic brain injury, knee surgeries, neurological disease, hypothyroidism and hydrocephalus. She was also on a host of medications.

Court records also said she had no health insurance to pay for medical bills that ranged from $700 to $800 per week.

=============================

Edited by Siara

Seriously speaking, I think tattoos are a statement that you're old enough to say, "THIS is something that will always be true about me".

Thankypu you for the tribute Siara, but here is a typical example of your point, below is a photo from the Times, of an NHS patient having his tattoo removed, as featured on the Times newspaper website(www.timesonline.com/nhs/tatooremove/index.php£pcp=284 )

NHS patient, getting tattoo removed on NHS, apparently £2.300 worth of work...

linked-image

Shot at 2007-08-17