Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

upto £300 million NHS bill on tattoo removals

Syd Boggle

These are my tattoos and they are beautiful and not a trend

i have more but those are just some examples of awesome tattoos that are unique and an expression of myself

The problem with tattoos is that what you find beautiful now will look trendy in ten years time, specially after changing phases in your life and getting away from more gothic like things that a lot of younger women like. You have the right to have anything you want tattood on you, but there are few people that have had their tattoos for any length of time that do not regret them. Trends come and go even in tattoos. Think of how many guys in their 80's have their battleship tattood on their forearms each battleship tattoo might be slightly different or unique but the bottom line is that those tattoos came out of a trendy period during world war two. Over the decades it has changed. The tattoo across the top of the butt is going to be the same kind of thing in a few years time, with low hanging pants all the rage, they are rather obvious too.

It happens that people get the right tattoo for them and that it is not a trend and not a simple decision of copying a tattoo seen on another person that they like and want...I am not saying that the tattoos that you have will be a regret for you some day, but they do look similar enough to many of the tattoos out there that although you do not think they are trendy, given a few years and a difference in style that inevitably comes you will see it as a trend that you went through. I see a lot of people that had tattoos done in their teens and twenties who look back and now are trying to figure out how to pay for lazer surgery to get them removed because the barbed wire thing around the bicept is so 90's, or the zombie skull with >666< and >death< below it on their forearm don't quite match their new life as a parent with a stable job and customers to meet in their insurance firm.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• Syd Boggle

• Fluffybunny

• Starr Destin Mathews

I see a lot of people that had tattoos done in their teens and twenties who look back and now are trying to figure out how to pay for lazer surgery to get them removed because the barbed wire thing around the bicept is so 90's, or the zombie skull with >666< and >death< below it on their forearm don't quite match their new life as a parent with a stable job and customers to meet in their insurance firm.

Many people make this mistake. My point is that you shouldn't drain the coffers of the agency that helps terminally ill cancer victims because 20 years ago you didn't think about the fact that "sex, drugs, and rock & roll" might not be the message you want to impart to your kids.

Edited by Siara

interesting neo gothic designs, perhaps needs a little work, i think a British BullDog would complete the story......Just wondering if while in that pose, one could rest his pint of beer on the mantle piece? so to speak

LOL probably

LOL probably

Quite Extraordinary!....

Mrs Scrummage and I tried a similar thing recently, however not with a pint of beer, but a Cup of tea on its saucer, unfortunately Mrs Scrummage was unable to maintain her positioning, and was met with 2nd degree burns in and around her rear cheeks...not to mention smashing our finest china, and loss of a good cup of tea...

no fool like an old fool.....

linked-image

linked-image

Yep, WHAT YOU GONNA DO WHEN HULKA MANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU!

I reckon he had that tattoo done in 2006...no wait..(taps fingers) make that 1990...

whats left after you get the hulkamniacs off your back...that guys got serious issues..lol I love the pics billy lord and all keep them coming....

Ofcourse some tattoos have there uses, im forever loosing my London underground map...

linked-image

Shot at 2007-08-18

Here is a case of, i guess, an acceptable level of ones own tribal, and spiritual self reflection..

linked-image

Shot at 2007-08-16

Having a tattoo on the face is silly, especially something as stupid as "Racist" - I dare say he never wants a job or if he starts his own business, who will be a customer???

Ofcourse some tattoos have there uses, im forever loosing my London underground map...

linked-image

Shot at 2007-08-18

LOL unusual tattoo or what :lol:

Having a tattoo on the face is silly,

Absolutely true. Check out this idiot-

linked-image

No wonder he looks p***ed off.. he probably got bored of them and is p***ed off he can't get a job because of them either.

I'd hazard a guess, that he got them in 1994 when facial tattoos were popular in the UK.

Edited by billyhill

I dare say he never wants a job or if he starts his own business, who will be a customer???

White people I would imagine...

linked-image

No wonder he looks p***ed off.. he probably got bored of them and is p***ed off he can't get a job because of them either.

I'd hazard a guess, that he got them in 1994 when facial tattoos were popular in the UK.

thats probably fake but if not..thats one scary dude... :yes:

Is your problem with the type of tattoo or the people wearing them? If it was someone your age with a bulldog or rose it's fine?

My problem is usually with the people and their choice of tattoo, while out shopping yesterday, i made some photos of people i encounterred on the streets..

This guy was on the bus, i managed to take this without him noticing..he was wearing a purple shell suit, and a big gold chain around his neck.

linked-image

Shot at 2007-08-19

This one was in the female clothing department (while Mrs Scrummage was in the changing room), i was casually holding my camera phone, as if i was texting someone) i believe she had a west indian boyfriend..

linked-image

Shot at 2007-08-19

This gentleman was serving the meat counter at the local butchers, nice chap, he allowed me to take this pic.....He said he wants to remove his tattoos but at a cost of 60 thousand pounds, doesnt want to be a burdan on the Tax payer!

linked-image

Shot at 2007-08-19

Here is a case of, i guess, an acceptable level of ones own tribal, and spiritual self reflection..

linked-image

An agent provocateur of our times.

satirical, witty and yet just the right balance of sublime post modern irony.

What a charming, delightful, well developed sense of humor he has..

Edited by billyhill

linked-image

I used to think that Umaga would never get a job, but he seems to be doing alright in the WWE.... Then on the program "Hogan Knows Best" I saw Umaga without the face tatoos. I was mortified and although 32 years old, still felt somewhat cheated about a WWE character.... Looking back though.... I see why he got the job. I hope he told his employers he regularly puts fake tatoos on his face....

Perhaps that is the answer? Fake tatoos for 2 years prior to permanent? Alternatively just arrest and jail tatooists for grafetti? ;)

This guy was on the bus, i managed to take this without him noticing..he was wearing a purple shell suit, and a big gold chain around his neck.

linked-image

You've gotta loosen up Lord S. There's nothing wrong with this. Different strokes for different folks.

This one was in the female clothing department (while Mrs Scrummage was in the changing room), i was casually holding my camera phone, as if i was texting someone) i believe she had a west indian boyfriend..

linked-image

Nice sense of style. I wouldn't do it myself, but it's fun to look at it. BTW- so she had a West Indian boyfriend. Big sh** (although, once again, I admire her taste)

linked-image

Okay, now this guy has a self-imposed serious problem. I still don't see why your National Health Care System should have to bear the consequences... he's the one who goofed up.

Possible solutions:

(1) Are there any special gated communities for blind people? Maybe he could pretend he was blind and move into one of those.

(2) Join a religious sect that requires him to cover his entire body all the time (if he's short enough maybe he could wear a berka and talk in falsetto for the rest of his life)

(3) Heavy makeup? VERY heavy makeup? Supposedly Sean Connery has a large tattoo that gets covered up when he shoots movies.

You've gotta loosen up Lord S. There's nothing wrong with this. Different strokes for different folks.

Nice sense of style. I wouldn't do it myself, but it's fun to look at it. BTW- so she had a West Indian boyfriend. Big sh** (although, once again, I admire her taste)

What i menat by she was with a west indian man, was that she was parading the poor chap around like some sort of token trophy, in a patronising manner "oh look at me! ive ticked the tattoo cliche box, and ive also ticked the Black man box"

Now as for you saying you admire her taste, regarding her boyfriend, whats your point?

on one hand you say "so what", then you go on to say "you admire her taste" which is it?.....what do we take from that? if she was dating a Chinese man, would you still admire her taste? or would it be just "so what"

I get the immpression you subcribe to the whole "positive discrimination" ideology, which i find offensive, as do many of my ethnic minority friends..

What i menat by she was with a west indian man, was that she was parading the poor chap around like some sort of token trophy, in a patronising manner "oh look at me! ive ticked the tattoo cliche box, and ive also ticked the Black man box"

Correction, I believe the black man "ticked" her box. :P

Shot at 2007-08-19

Is it just me or do the glasses not suit him and make him look silly?

Man.... I messed this post up! You know the pic I mean :)

Edited by Roj47