Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You'll believe what i tell you so...

Beckys_Mom

Maybe you should read the NT again if you think God is not mentioned in it. Also, Christianity makes no claim of being polytheistic and you are dishonest for suggesting it is.

Also, your claim that only Jews use the OT as evidence is a very uneducated statement. Sounds like you're just trolling.

I never said that. Re-read my post :tu:

The OT is a Jewish scripture. Seeing as you follow jesus and not the Jewish faith, the OT can't be used for evidence of a christian god. (No matter how stupid it is to use a book for evidence of a supernatural being)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• TheKnight

• moonlit12

• Paranoid Android

I never said that. Re-read my post :tu:

The OT is a Jewish scripture. Seeing as you follow jesus and not the Jewish faith, the OT can't be used for evidence of a christian god. (No matter how stupid it is to use a book for evidence of a supernatural being)

It's the same God.

He does say "You are my Son, the Beloved; with you I am well pleased."

Strange... In the OT he calls himself god. When addressing people...

Did you not notice at the start of the video..she says to her boy - Thats it, were are all gonna start going back to church <-----I noticed this at the start of the video...and thought - hmmmm so she wasnt a real practicing catholic to begin with...she only descided to say this, because her boy said he was an atheist....

:lol: Haha yeah.

Strange... In the OT he calls himself god. When addressing people...

He is called many things in the OT. God is not a name, it's an office concerning who He is.

For example: When God spoke to Moses He said "I Am that I Am"

Maybe you should read the NT again if you think God is not mentioned in it. Also, Christianity makes no claim of being polytheistic and you are dishonest for suggesting it is.

Also, your claim that only Jews use the OT as evidence is a very uneducated statement. Sounds like you're just trolling.

All evidence that I have used against the NT has merely been swiped aside by Christians. A few have even gone so far as to say that "the Jews can't be trusted to get it right." Christians have no responses when speaking to a person who knows their Bible well enough to understand that Jesus isn't God. All they can do is rely on trickery and arguing about things not pertinent to the topic. I have not speculated it, but experienced it personally.

It's the same God.

Says who? Certainly not Jesus. Paul says it is, but Paul also says not to follow the Law (Galatians 3 & 5), yet 1 Chronicles 7:14-22 says otherwise. Not to mention that in Galatians 3 Paul is contradicting Deuteronomy 4:40. Christians worship 3 gods, and those of us who serve the God of Israel, worship ONE God(Deut 6:4-9). :D Not only that, but in 1 Timothy 2:3-6 Paul says that Jesus is a man, yet in Numbers 23:19 God says that he is NOT a man. Also, Jesus says that by following him we will be saved(John 3:16, John 11:25, John 14:6, John 3:1-21), yet God says in Isaiah 45:22 "Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other." It says nothing about the necessity of a mediator (1 Tim 2:3). To say that Jesus and HaShem are the same God is to insult the Jewish people and trample their holy book saying "We know more about your God than you do." That's just wrong. Going further, the Christians also make a big deal about sacrifice and its necessity, yet Leviticus says a sin sacrifice is only necessary for unintentional sin. Even more so Ezekiel 18 and Psalm 51 explain that God desires repentance much greater than he does sacrifice (Romans 3:25, Hebrews 9:26, Hebrews 10:12, Hebrews 10:14, Hebrews 10:26) . Christians are (as Sheri would say) bloody with their god because their god desires a sacrifice yet the Jewish God desires a broken heart and contrite spirit (Psalms 51:16-17). HaShem and Jesus, the same God? HA! Don't make me laugh.

Edited by Knight of Zion (COI)

That was bad, but did you see the link after it?

Watch this

He is called many things in the OT. God is not a name, it's an office concerning who He is.

For example: When God spoke to Moses He said "I Am that I Am"

That's in the OT. Still, he doesn't refer to himself in the NT.

What I mean by christians not able to use the OT as the Jews. Is due to the fact that the Jews follow the commandments - worshipping ONLY their god. Christians worship 3 dieties, god/jesus/holyghost - you can say they're the same object, but so are all the Hindu dieties and that's a polytheistic religion, much like christianism.

Even jesus say's to worship only god, however, he was turned into a new religion that defies Judaism. You may use the OT, but it's a very different god.

Edit

Knight said it better. :P

Edited by Chokmah

Knight said it better. :P

Something I learned when I was a Christian, is that many Christians don't know the Bible like they should. When you learn the Bible, you learn a LOT about how much of what Christians teach isn't Biblical.

Edited by Knight of Zion (COI)

Something I learned when I was a Christian, is that many Christians don't know the Bible like they should. When you learn the Bible, you learn a LOT about how much of what Christians teach isn't Biblical.

The random rhythm of the bible is the churches influence. It's heavily edited, I wonder. If the bible was kept like the quoran, I wonder if Judaism would be the most popular religion - seeing as how christianism wouldn't be around.

The random rhythm of the bible is the churches influence. It's heavily edited, I wonder. If the bible was kept like the quoran, I wonder if Judaism would be the most popular religion - seeing as how christianism wouldn't be around.

Your exactly right. Most Christians that I have talked to in my experience don't know the NT, let alone the OT. If only the read the OT, and understood it, they wouldn't accept the NT any longer. There are those who seek to twist and dismay the words of God and to change the Bible, but the Jews have their ways of keeping the words God has given them True and unaltered. If Christians knew the OT and the OT God, Jesus would join the ranks of Zeus and Hercules.

*points to the quotes under my name*

:lol:

I saw that a couple weeks ago. Man... I couldn't stand her if I was related to her.

Even her family think she's r******ed.

Moonlite remember saying this:

:"You are speaking of things which you cannot understand. I don't expect you to. Yes God can do anything He wants - even lie to me, and I will still trust and do my best to serve Him. I am a parent, and I also treat my son this way. I tell him he is cute and I love him, I tell him there is a Santa, I tell him there is a tooth fairy, I tell him I have to swat his behind sometimes for his own good, I tell him I have to ground him when he misbehaves, i have to get him painful vaccinations to ward off disease, I have to let the doctor set his bones when they are broken so they will heal straight, I have to allow him to get surgery, I have to let him try sports and get hurt playing them... I love my son, but there is pain to that love sometimes. My son still trusts me, loves me and tries to please me. God is that way too albeit on a grander scale.

I will trust Him and I will tell others to do the same regardless of what other people don't understand about scripture, and the way God relates to man throughout history.

No offense, but I wouldn't presume to have an opinion on the politics of New Zealand if I had no understanding of the country, it's history, it's people, or it's ways.

There is no explanation that I can give you that would be satisfactory in your mind as to why I believe in God so fully, faithfully, and I'm sure to some, foolishly."

So you are saying the Mom in the video had a right to do that because she created the child, maybe she has a right to kill because the child refuses to follow the her unquestionable laws. Is God a Tyrant what was the reason for killing millions of innocents just to prove a point, what was the reason for killing the first born of every Egyptian thats called Genocide You say you would trust God even if he lies to you interesting doesnt that defeat the purpose of trust. Yes displining a child is fine but to put a childs hand into the fire to prove that its hot is called abuse, you are like the wife thinks its her fault her husband is beating her. I am sorry I dont want to offend you, but I am in shock that some one can believe in a God from the Old Testament. I strongly believe in a Higher power but one that is Good and fair not vindictive, and petty.

Edited by Oxymoron

All evidence that I have used against the NT has merely been swiped aside by Christians. A few have even gone so far as to say that "the Jews can't be trusted to get it right." Christians have no responses when speaking to a person who knows their Bible well enough to understand that Jesus isn't God. All they can do is rely on trickery and arguing about things not pertinent to the topic. I have not speculated it, but experienced it personally.

Well COI, that's one reason there are several denominations of Christianity that aren't Trinitarians--they don't believe Jesus is God. Of course, there are Jews who believe Jesus IS the Messiah.

Lol, that's funny. And I agree with one of the comments. More teens should film their coming out of the closet with their beliefs.

1. I think you might have worded that a little differently....lmao

2. I wish I could, I probably will video tape it when I do, but it might be a murder on tape.....:D

1. I think you might have worded that a little differently....lmao

2. I wish I could, I probably will video tape it when I do, but it might be a murder on tape.....:D

Your parents don't know that your a.....whatever it is you are?

Your parents don't know that your a.....whatever it is you are?

My parents think I'm agnostic, if I came out and told them I was a.....a.....well dam....don't really have a name for my religion lmao....a mix between Satanist, Buddhist, and bits and pieces of other belief systems ( :D ) they would be pretty p***ed. With them, its either our religion, or no religion.

My parents think I'm agnostic, if I came out and told them I was a.....a.....well dam....don't really have a name for my religion lmao....a mix between Satanist, Buddhist, and bits and pieces of other belief systems ( :D ) they would be pretty p***ed. With them, its either our religion, or no religion.

What are they?

So you are saying the Mom in the video had a right to do that because she created the child, maybe she has a right to kill because the child refuses to follow the her unquestionable laws. Is God a Tyrant what was the reason for killing millions of innocents just to prove a point, what was the reason for killing the first born of every Egyptian thats called Genocide You say you would trust God even if he lies to you interesting doesnt that defeat the purpose of trust. Yes displining a child is fine but to put a childs hand into the fire to prove that its hot is called abuse, you are like the wife thinks its her fault her husband is beating her. I am sorry I dont want to offend you, but I am in shock that some one can believe in a God from the Old Testament. I strongly believe in a Higher power but one that is Good and fair not vindictive, and petty.

It's moonlit... but as I said before I don't expect you to understand... how could you? If all you care to see is that God did things that you don't understand and don't like, I cannot be expected to be able to make sense to you. I believe in the purpose behind what God does. He has a plan, and He is in control... I am more than willing to submit to His authority over me and all I hold dear.

Discipline is one thing, but what about the parent who has to allow their child to be in pain to accomplish something good for that child (ie. surgery, vaccines, bone setting, dentistry... etc)? We all have to cause our children pain in order to accomplish good things in their lives. No the child doesn't always grow up to be grateful or even worthy of the effort, but it doesn't make it less neccessary from the parents perspective.

God is not abusive to me. I have never felt put upon, or degraded, or violated by Him or because of Him. I know that it is impossible for an NB to accept the faith that I have, but keep in mind that I have been a Christian for a long time, and I have chosen to study and meditate on God and the scriptures in order to gain insight into these things which cause you distress. I don't think less of you because you don't get it, I wouldn't get it either if I was in your place.

Shame on you for saying things like this... it is untrue that many Christians don't know their Bibles... they do know them, you just haven't agreed with their understanding. Additionally, it is unfair to say that a LOT of what Christians teach isn't biblical when a difference of understanding does not a wrong teaching make. I find it offensive that someone who has so recently "changed" their position on Christ has this type of negative attitude toward Christians who remain faithful to their beliefs. How can you judge another when you cannot see into their heart? Do you think that God does not forgive ignorance, or misunderstanding? COme on, give Him more credit than that...

What are they?

Christian