Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Some" Scientists tackle the Orbs question

Bogeyman

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MasterPo

• ZEB

• JustNormal

• coldethyl

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm glad it's being looked into, IMO several of the "scientists" experiments mentioned sound like pseudo-science to me.

For example, me claims orbs can move at 500 mph. So he had to sit still for they wouldn't move so he could photograph them. I dispute the 500 mph outright. Second, of course him moving would make orbs move too - his body movement creates air currents that move the dust around. When he is still the air is still and the dust doesn't move.

That is a very interesting article. I would recommend all orb skeptics to read this article. I'm sure most will come up with a number of ways to make Dr. Heinemann sound foolish or stupid, but that's true for any skeptic on any topic.

I can say with confidence that orbs, and ghosts for that matter, are very real. Yes, you can get fake orbs from dust, mist, haze, etc, but they don't look like true orbs. Here's the orbs I seen in the last few months.

http://www.stormgasm.com/ghost/

I concer with Dr. Heinemann about the flash - it's pretty essential. I never got a single org with a flash, and it's nice to finally get some sort of explanation as to why - florescence. It will take much longer to find any hard evidence linking orbs to ghosts and spirits, but I believe they are linked. I also belive there are many types of orbs, and not all are ghosts. But I'm sure some are. Intereseting stuff.

While I'm glad it's being looked into, IMO several of the "scientists" experiments mentioned sound like pseudo-science to me.

For example, me claims orbs can move at 500 mph. So he had to sit still for they wouldn't move so he could photograph them. I dispute the 500 mph outright. Second, of course him moving would make orbs move too - his body movement creates air currents that move the dust around. When he is still the air is still and the dust doesn't move.

Everyone can have opinions..But I saw many many many at once,,moving in a straight line,for at least 40 seconds

No one will ever tell me otherwise,once you really see you always see,,this is that night

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...howtopic=102453

ZEB

For example, me claims orbs can move at 500 mph. So he had to sit still for they wouldn't move so he could photograph them. I dispute the 500 mph outright.

You dispute the 500mph, based on what? I'm sure he was standing 'still' while photographing. Otherwise the pictures would come out blury. Your argument makes no sense.

Second, of course him moving would make orbs move too - his body movement creates air currents that move the dust around. When he is still the air is still and the dust doesn't move.

Ok, for your argument to even make sense you would have to prove the orbs are actually dust. But Dr. Heinemann is saying exactly the opposite. Second, his own body movement would not cause such rapid movement in the first place. It's either the orbs doing the movement, or he's lying. Nothing in-between.

500 MPH is nearly the speed of sound. Fighter jets cruise at 500 mph.

Remember the philosophy of William of Occam: "The simplest explanation is usually the best one."

Everyone can have opinions..But I saw many many many at once,,moving in a straight line,for at least 40 seconds

No one will ever tell me otherwise,once you really see you always see,,this is that night

I've seen dust orbs move in very straight lines too. Can be reproduced. Not easily but can be done.

If something can be reproduced artificially and relatively easily then it isn't good evidence, even if it is legit. I wasn't there so I can't analyze the environment. But it isn't convincing envidence. No insult intended.

Edited by MasterPo

I agree MP. Also he is discussing photos and videos I think (couldnt read it all). But many of us here have seen orbs with the naked eye, straight on. They can start on one side of a room and before you blink end up on the other side, and they go on and on. NO way those cute little things can travel 500MPH. If that were the case, we would be unable to see them with the naked eye. Scientists keep trying and in my opinion continue to fail. JN

I agree MP. Also he is discussing photos and videos I think (couldnt read it all). But many of us here have seen orbs with the naked eye, straight on. They can start on one side of a room and before you blink end up on the other side, and they go on and on. NO way those cute little things can travel 500MPH. If that were the case, we would be unable to see them with the naked eye. Scientists keep trying and in my opinion continue to fail. JN

INDEED but the ones we saw at one time where traveling very fast--like streaks..of light with them in it

straight into the vortex as they call it i call it a portal...for we saw exactly that...2 eyewitness's

many orbs's..take is you all may if you think im full of dookie...well all that really happend, WE SAW

ZEB

INDEED but the ones we saw at one time where traveling very fast--like streaks..of light with them in it

straight into the vortex as they call it i call it a portal...for we saw exactly that...2 eyewitness's

many orbs's..take is you all may if you think im full of dookie...well all that really happend, WE SAW

ZEB

The ones I have seen are amazingly fast, but they are not traveling 500MPH, that is what I meant..JN- :yes:

if you think im full of dookie...

I do not think that.

But I also don't think it's paranormal.

I do not think that.

But I also don't think it's paranormal.

What would you consider paranormal..I never ever saw nor expected anything like what happend in that

place,you guys are not to far from there,,I am not sure what is going on there now,,or if we really harassed

them to the point with sounds,,there are sounds that I work on that ARE NOT melody Orientaded,freqs

put into many tracks that may interfere or upset them with emotion...I really dont know with that place

zeb

What would you consider paranormal

I suppose in the absolute purest sense of the word "paranormal", meaning above the norm of everyday experiences, it may qualify. But in the sense of being ghost related it's not enough to stand on by itself.

you guys are not to far from there

LOL! Spoken like a true non-New Yorker! :D

Schenectdy is about as far from Long Island as saying Tampa is a stone's throw from Miami. ;)

I suppose in the absolute purest sense of the word "paranormal", meaning above the norm of everyday experiences, it may qualify. But in the sense of being ghost related it's not enough to stand on by itself.

Schenectdy is about as far from Long Island as saying Tampa is a stone's throw from Miami. ;)

LOL Ahh someone had a good dinner.. :P

NOPE I am a New yorker,,,born and raised in Rhinebeck NY,,Played all thru there,,But,,not ghost related?

Ok what held on the screwdriver about 10 ft from me and about 6 ft high? suspended for about

30 sec or so swinging then thrown with force at us directly,,,Now that was not our minds creating

that to happen we were frozen in time watching that,,ZEB

Ok what held on the screwdriver about 10 ft from me and about 6 ft high? suspended for about

30 sec or so swinging then thrown with force at us directly,,,Now that was not our minds creating

that to happen we were frozen in time watching that,,ZEB

Did you get a pic or video of it during that 30 second period?

Did you get a pic or video of it during that 30 second period?

NO I was behind the recording console workiing on the moog synth tones under tones to be exact

just so you know that would be,,like a opening sound slow opening filters,,,My second keyboard

player was standing to my left,,I was looking straight ahead the speakers were hung from

the front about 8 ft angled down,,not very loud on a scale of 1-10 about 6-7...Bruce tapped me

on the shoulder and was pointing to my right...also to my back right was the tapemachine which

i could reach with my hands to to stop and go,

I looked and froze..that screwdriver a good size had been laying on the console wooden top

used for prying up the channels if you need to pull them out of the console to work on.

It was in mid air about 7-ft high swinging left to right...i would say 30 seconds..then it pulled back a bit stopped

and was thrown with force,,,it hit the tape machine bounced in the air..bruce pushed me down to ground

landed on top of me asked one question did it hit you I SAID NO..he got up ran downstairs I looked for

the screwdriver,,it had bounced with enough force from hitting that tape machine about 10 ft,,

then after that the place just opened up....every minute..something else for 2 staight days then

the orb and vortex thing.. thats a close to seeing as i can get ya zeb

then after that the place just opened up....every minute..something else for 2 staight days then

the orb and vortex thing.. thats a close to seeing as i can get ya zeb

So with things happening every minute for 2 days straight there's no video or other pics? :unsure2:

It was in mid air about 7-ft high swinging left to right...i would say 30 seconds..

Well Zeb, that's only for your eyes and your company.

But good sharing it.

So with things happening every minute for 2 days straight there's no video or other pics? :unsure2:

Nope we lived there, and worked there not much with video in the 70-s, no camera's

It was in the middle of winter,had food had warmth,and musicians and girlfreinds,all in our

20-s,doing some recording, When I say every minute ,,just a phrase sorry...within

10 mins of that happening we were all setting in front of tv.the girls saying they want to

go home..which was utica a ways away as you would know,saying their is no way they will stay

overnite there now..SNL was on there was a ashtray sitting on the tv,it raised off the tv and was

thrown to the floor...at this time,everyone got pretty scared and got up and the bass player his girl

and freind left,,,right then and there that left David Bruce and ME...

Thru the night,,we went back to work,,trying to stay up and saying ok how far can we go..

and then the rest starts.. want more details? i was going to put this up on my post

but nah....ill just paste it later zeb

Edited by ZEB

I do not yet know whether "orbs" are related to ghosts or not. All I know is that however easy they may be to fake, there are very many cases in which they are evidently NOT dust particles. People hardly ever seem to comment on the orbs seen in video recordings in which the orbs move at many different speeds and in either very specific, or very erratic, trajectories.

I agree that orbs can very specifically be referred to as "Paranormal" (see below) but not supernatural. Any sensed or observed (perceived) phenomenon must be as much part of the "natural" universe as is "perception" itself. Many perceived phenomena, such as ghosts, rods, ufos, poltergeists, orbs etc., though natural, may not yet be fully understood.

................................................................................

para-

prefix meaning "alongside, beyond, altered, contrary," from Gk. para- from para (prep.) "beside, near, from, against, contrary to," cognate with Skt. para "beyond;" Hitt. para "on, forth;" L. pro "before, for, in favor of," per- "through;" Goth. faur "along;" O.E. for- "off, away" (see fore).

................................................................................

Link to this:http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?l=p&p=3

Edited by Lonecat

That is a very interesting article. I would recommend all orb skeptics to read this article. I'm sure most will come up with a number of ways to make Dr. Heinemann sound foolish or stupid, but that's true for any skeptic on any topic.

:rolleyes:

Once again.

I'm just going to say Hieney - Man.

And I had Shepherd's Pie for supper last night. :P