Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Catholic church really a sun cult + masons

louie

I supose this would be a conspircie theory as its hiding things from the public, if these things are true. i was talking to a older man the other day and he told me this theory, i havent checked it out yet but it is intresting enough that i thought you may like to hear it and tell me what you think.

the catholic church is a thinly veiled ancient sun cult dating back from the time of the egyptans.

the virgin birth of Jesus is a direct retelling of the Egyptan legend of Horus, only the names have been changed. look at the vestoments priests wear, emblazined with the coptic cross but before that symbol was the egyptan symbol ankh meaning life.

Look at the eucharistic chamber on any alter its the shape of a blazing sun, and what is a halo its a sun disc.

look at Rome and look around look at all the oblesks,the ultimate symbol of sun worship, they are all genuine Egyptan obelisks transported to rome by pope Sixtus v,and erected in front of every major church in Rome including the Basilcia, there are more oblesks in rome than any other city in the world.

At the end of every prayer you say Amen derived from Amun the most powerful god of ancient Egypt.

Wich leads us to the freemasons and almost every single American President has been one,and over the years have built replicas of the seven wonders of the world in America

The statue of liberty repsents the greek colossus of Rohdes.

The woolworth build is disturbingly like the pharohs

Fort knox is built to the floorplan of the mausoleum of halicarnassus.

the statue of Zeus is a great figure sitting ona throne is the Lincon memorial.

The temple of Athemis is the supreme court.

the hanging gardens of babloyn cant be found but was replecated as the rose garden in the white house

There are no pyramids but what they built was Oblisks, The washington monument and it is 555 feet, the great pyramid is 469 feet,86 feet shorter, but take into account where they both stand they are the exaact same height above sea level.

and the capstone of the great pyramid well thats on the American dollar.

So guys what do you think. is this a basis for all the secrecy in religion and the governments, is this the basis to a big lie we have been fed for centuries.

Commments.

and dont bait me im only passing on a story.

• Like 1

I supose this would be a conspircie theory as its hiding things from the public, if these things are true. i was talking to a older man the other day and he told me this theory, i havent checked it out yet but it is intresting enough that i thought you may like to hear it and tell me what you think.

the catholic church is a thinly veiled ancient sun cult dating back from the time of the egyptans.

the virgin birth of Jesus is a direct retelling of the Egyptan legend of Horus, only the names have been changed. look at the vestoments priests wear, emblazined with the coptic cross but before that symbol was the egyptan symbol ankh meaning life.

Look at the eucharistic chamber on any alter its the shape of a blazing sun, and what is a halo its a sun disc.

look at Rome and look around look at all the oblesks,the ultimate symbol of sun worship, they are all genuine Egyptan obelisks transported to rome by pope Sixtus v,and erected in front of every major church in Rome including the Basilcia, there are more oblesks in rome than any other city in the world.

At the end of every prayer you say Amen derived from Amun the most powerful god of ancient Egypt.

Wich leads us to the freemasons and almost every single American President has been one,and over the years have built replicas of the seven wonders of the world in America

the hanging gardens of babloyn cant be found but was replecated as the rose garden in the white house

There are no pyramids but what they built was Oblisks, The washington monument and it is 555 feet, the great pyramid is 469 feet,86 feet shorter, but take into account where they both stand they are the exaact same height above sea level.

So guys what do you think. is this a basis for all the secrecy in religion and the governments, is this the basis to a big lie we have been fed for centuries.

Commments.

Oh did you know that our number system is Arabic so our mathematicians are part of Al Queda.

• Like 2

That will be helpful to know when I rob it.

But really I do believe that all organizations hold secrets; it's part of being in an organization. I'm just not sure if these are the secrets the Church is hiding.

EDIT: You must realize that all religions are compilations of other religions; so I have a feeling that is where this theory came from. If you look hard enough, most religions are very similar.

Edited by rosenrot
  • Like 1

That will be helpful to know when I rob it.

Too late. The Federal Reserve beat ya to it. HA! :P

Many religions started out as sun-worship. Ain't nuttin' new.

• Like 2

How come they dont talk about it, how come even talk of pre civlisation in Egypt is always presented like thier is information being represed. if its based from egypt why use jesus instead of the god amun.

why does thier have to be mystery,

Aer they connected to the masons, is thier a big plan behind the whole thing. is it the basis for the big conspircie.

• Like 1

Oh did you know that our number system is Arabic so our mathematicians are part of Al Queda.

Algebra is arabic. It's hardly al queda. They were not around during the time. The western numbers come from Rome, except they eventually evolved into the symbols of today.

• Like 1

How come they dont talk about it, how come even talk of pre civlisation in Egypt is always presented like thier is information being represed. if its based from egypt why use jesus instead of the god amun.

why does thier have to be mystery,

Aer they connected to the masons, is thier a big plan behind the whole thing. is it the basis for the big conspircie.

From your avatar, I am guessing you are anti-christian and possibly atheist. Understand that religions are built on one another; that probably explains why there are so many similarities. And about the mystery... as long as humans exist they will keep secrets from each other. There are two rules in life. 1. don't tell everything you know.

• Like 1

From your avatar, I am guessing you are anti-christian and possibly atheist. Understand that religions are built on one another; that probably explains why there are so many similarities. And about the mystery... as long as humans exist they will keep secrets from each other. There are two rules in life. 1. don't tell everything you know.

Na the avatar means nothing.

im just curious why they dont promote the fact thier religion is a sun cult wich poped up all over the world during history and how it leads to the masons and why oblesisks are in almost every major city in the world and the general public are not told i mean its not common knowledge.

• Like 1

Na the avatar means nothing.

im just curious why they dont promote the fact thier religion is a sun cult wich poped up all over the world during history and how it leads to the masons and why oblesisks are in almost every major city in the world and the general public are not told i mean its not common knowledge.

Hey louie,

The Catholic Church condemn Freemasonry, but have their own organization known as the Knights of Columbus.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

ok, not that this isnt believable, it is a reasonable theory. and i do not know my self if i believe it. but if you look up matthew reillys book the 7 ancient wonders in the jack west jr series. that is where this is. i dont know if he made it up or incorporated into his for from knowledge from somewhere else. but yer check it out

• Like 1

the virgin birth of Jesus is a direct retelling of the Egyptan legend of Horus, only the names have been changed. look at the vestoments priests wear, emblazined with the coptic cross but before that symbol was the egyptan symbol <i>ankh</i> meaning life.

Commments.

Sounds like something out of a Jack Chick tract.

320px-The_Death_Cookie.jpg

Death Cookie

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Not that I agree or disagree with this post, I just thought it should be pointed out that it is entirely taken from a Matthew Reilly book called Seven Deadly Wonders. Like word for word taken.... 

• Like 4

The Catholic church in an effort to make it easier for newly conquered locals to adopt their new religion often incorporated local customs into their religious practices. I think what you're learning about now can most likely be attributed to natural evolution as opposed to grand conspiracy. 

The real conspiracy with the catholics IMO is in the data they are hiding in their vaults. 

• Like 3

On 21/08/2007 at 3:25 AM, louie said:

Commments.

The similarities are uncanny. In fact you could go back further in the Old Testament and the stories of Moses and Joseph to see that the magic of the Egyptian priests was strong enough to contest with the Hebrew god. Even Christian term Amen could be a corruption of Amun Ra. 

• Like 2

The similarities are  ......     uncannily silly  !   

My cat looks like the Egyptian God  Bastet , the Sydney Harbour Bridge looks like a boomerang , Italy looks like a boot  ,  so it probably kicked Atlantis out into the  Atlantic, and is  still   sore .... on its arze ... thats why its known as The As sore ies  ( The Azores  Islands )

And Sydney Botanical Gardens  has a Hanging Gardens  of Babylon inside a pyramid  !  

...   and near there is a tunnel leading to St Mary's catholic cathedral    so ... yeah ......      Masons  !

^_^

• Like 4

But Louie ; here is one for ya ;

If the catholic church is based on progression from St Peter , and the mass celebrates the Last Supper , and   Jesus said to keep doing  ' this '    ie.  

Image result for the last supper

how did it end up like this ? 

Image result for catholic high mass

with all what you mentioned, the outfits, the changing color schemes of robes, the ritual and ritual objects ,    etc  .

What rite or rites did all that come from ? 

Now there is an interesting investigation !  

• Like 3

More of a Skygod cult than a sungod cult really, or rather, a Skygod who got bits of all the other proto-gods tacked on (A sort of portmanteau of Gilgasmesh/Hercules and Jupiter/zeus and Ea. I suppose)   , but its no conspiracy -  whilst theologians within the Christian cults are no doubt well aware of the origins of their religion its just not the message they're trying to sell from the pulpit. Plenty of books and websites that discuss the origins of beliefs and religions.

I was going to suggest some places to read a bit more, but I can't help thinking the OP is more concerned with looking for conspiracies where none exist than in studying comparative religion....

This thread is about 10 years old and the OP hasn't been back since 2014.

• Like 2

They don't call it The Roman Catholic Church, for nothing and all of Western Christianity stems from it. It's therefore not surprising there are strong elements of Roman polytheism in it's rituals and symbolic expression. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2007 at 9:12 AM, louie said:

Get a grip now.  The basis of Christianity is Talmudic rather than Egyptian.  The messiah is the one who was supposed to save the Jewish people from the Romans at the time.  The appeal of Jesus was  God embodied in  a common man who suffered and understood the plight of everyman.  Far removed Amun is harder to relate to for most people who were often hungry, or oppressed, or sick.  The trappings can be inherited, passed down through Egypt, Mesopotamia and as Hammerclaw said, a good deal of it from the Romans.

Consider how Christians frequently refer to God as "Lord" or "King" or "King of Kings"  Doesn't that smack of Mesopotamian city states and kingdoms like the Hittites; earthly manifestations of power?

• Like 1

It's almost like religion was man made to.... Gasp... Favor those who created it.

Not knocking God, but come on now. Why people in this day and age still worship word for word religion baffles me.

Look at the King James version of the Bible. King. James. I'm sure there were no alternative motives behind it. That goes for all the rest too.

It was only in the 30's- 50's we had " reefer madness " anyone with a brain knows how stupid that was... Yet they will die over something 2000 years old....

Edited by Use your brain
King* not Kings.. Auto correct.
  • Like 2

On 19/07/2017 at 5:28 PM, Torchwood said:

More of a Skygod cult than a sungod cult really, or rather, a Skygod who got bits of all the other proto-gods tacked on (A sort of portmanteau of Gilgasmesh/Hercules and Jupiter/zeus and Ea. I suppose)   , but its no conspiracy -  whilst theologians within the Christian cults are no doubt well aware of the origins of their religion its just not the message they're trying to sell from the pulpit. Plenty of books and websites that discuss the origins of beliefs and religions.

I was going to suggest some places to read a bit more, but I can't help thinking the OP is more concerned with looking for conspiracies where none exist than in studying comparative religion....

sorry but I'd go with sun god cult. The depictions of the saints and Jesus are all with halo's. I guess the Christian faith has borrowed from many myths, legends and previous faiths. Mithras and Jesus share the same birthday...

• Like 2

Well it certainly is an interesting post. I think (as has been mirrored prior to my post) to be honest that a lot of religions derive their origins from previous sects or cults, or are a natural evolution of them, as can be seen from the fact that religions such as Christianity and Islam are very different religions with wildly differing beliefs and practices yet Jesus appears within both religious texts. In Christianity as the Messiah and the son of god, and in Islam as the penultimate prophet and messenger of Allah. So it wouldn't surprise me that the origins of Catholicism can be traced to previous religions or practices......The Rose Gardens as the Hanging Gardens Of Babylon however, not so sure :D