Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Murderer can't be deported from UK

ships-cat

Lawrence killer to remain in UK

the man who knifed head teacher Philip Lawrence to death has been allowed to stay in the UK after winning an appeal against deportation.

Learco Chindamo, 26, is serving a life sentence for killing Mr Lawrence outside his London school in 1995.

Chindamo's lawyers argued that deporting him to Italy, where he was born, would breach his human rights.

Story here

Yup - he's likely to be freed from a 'life' sentence after only 12 years for murdering a school headmaster, and he can't be deported... TO ITALY... because it would breach his tender 'European human rights'.

Compare this with the somewhat more robust approach by the FBI .

Sometimes, 'Cat gets SO angry.

Round 'em up and Ship 'em out. If European rules don't allow us to do this, then we need to disengage from Europe.

Hiss Growl.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• ships-cat

• Spurious George

• Rocket88

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup - he's likely to be freed from a 'life' sentence after only 12 years for murdering a school headmaster, and he can't be deported... TO ITALY... because it would breach his tender 'European human rights'.

Round 'em up and Ship 'em out. If European rules don't allow us to do this, then we need to disengage from Europe.

Hiss Growl.

Is Learco Chindamo European?

Hiss Growl.

I totally agree with you, we have similar problems here, and it just digusts me.

He"s got Italian citizenship. Why should we have to keep this scum ? :angry2:

He"s got Italian citizenship. Why should we have to keep this scum ? :angry2:

European Agreements. Once a European citizen has lived longer than five years in a country of the Union it is very hard to get rid of them (nearly impossible), but on the other side, Italy keeps to the European Convention of Human rights, why could he not be send to Italy?

When he murdered, really he should have lost any rights that are afforded to people. After all, the teacher's rights were violated were they not?

This makes me sick and the appeal should have been laughed out of court :angry2:

Edited by Lotus Flower

Why would he be sent to Italy?

The article says he came to the UK from Italy when he was 6 and commited this murder when he was 15... thats 9 years in the UK, a crime commited in the UK and time for a crime that should be served in the UK in my opinion.

edit: too bad he wasn't a Muslim... then we could have a rager of a discussion :P

Edited by MansLaughteR

Irritating…. It’s all BS we say we deport foreign criminals but we don’t.. it’s all BS oh I’ve already said that..

I saw this on the news today and it really p***ed me off. <_<

Oh good old 'human rights'...

why is Italy a backward country or something..? no.. do they have the death Penalty no.. so why can't he be sent back?

The article says he came to the UK from Italy when he was 6 and commited this murder when he was 15... thats 9 years in the UK, a crime commited in the UK and time for a crime that should be served in the UK in my opinion.

edit: too bad he wasn't a Muslim... then we could have a rager of a discussion :P

According to European Union agreement a citizen of the Union can freely choose his place of residence within the Union. Sending him after sentencing/jail term to Italy would violate his rights as a citizen of the Union. It would be the same as somebody from Quebec committing a crime in Vancouver and be send back to Quebec after sentencing/jail term.

he can come stay round my house, i will look after him :devil: ......unleashes phychotic bombastic bouncing mad man on him..aka chemical-licker.

im so mad :angry2:

According to European Union agreement a citizen of the Union can freely choose his place of residence within the Union. Sending him after sentencing/jail term to Italy would violate his rights as a citizen of the Union. It would be the same as somebody from Quebec committing a crime in Vancouver and be send back to Quebec after sentencing/jail term.

It's okay, I am just wondering about the rights of the teacher..... :blink:

im so mad :angry2:

Did you know the victim? If not, why are you mad?

It's okay, I am just wondering about the rights of the teacher..... :blink:

would the rights of the teacher have been violated any less if the crime would have been committed by a Briton?

would the rights of the teacher have been violated any less if the crime would have been committed by a Briton?

No and that was why I said a few posts back that if someone murders another, maybe their rights should be hugely reduced.

Human rights? This just makes me laugh, someone murders another and then goes crying to an Appeal Court on the grounds that their very own Rights seem to be violated, it is hypocritical putting it mildly :o

Hey thanks again...

... now can someone please tell me why so many are spazzing out about this?

The widow of the murdered headmaster...Frances Lawrence...has said she is...

"devastated and demoralised"....and that she is..." unutterably depressed the Human Rights Act

failed to encompass the rights of my family."

Something has gone horribly wrong with the Human Rights Act... :angry:

Hey thanks again...

... now can someone please tell me why so many are spazzing out about this?

In Britain only the government really knows what they have signed when they joined the EU, most citizens are absolutely ignorant about it. All they know is that, except for the Scots, they all want out.

The widow of the murdered headmaster...Frances Lawrence...has said she is...

"devastated and demoralised"....and that she is..." unutterably depressed the Human Rights Act

failed to encompass the rights of my family."

She is speaking the truth too eh :(.

Terribly sad.

It is not the Human Rights Act, a Italian living in Britain for a determined amount of time has the same rights/obligations as a Briton, would you try to deport somebody from Cardiff to Italy because he committed a crime?

In Britain only the government really knows what they have signed when they joined the EU, most citizens are absolutely ignorant about it.

True.. you only find out the hard way..

All they know is that, except for the Scots, they all want out.

I don't think that's the reason the Scot want out of the Uk, I don't think it's even a majority of Scots who want independence.. but it did happen, then Scotland would be still be entrenched within the EU but without the power of the UK as a collective. Say like Ireland at the moment.

I agree. He should do the time where he committed the crime.

Learco Chindamo doesn't look Italian... I think he's Filipino or originally a filipino; can't we ship him back there?

wiki

The Wo-Sing-Wo gang, which was mainly Filipino, aspired to be a junior version of the Triads. Twelve of the gang's members, led by 15-year old Learco Chindamo, a pupil at another school who claimed to be a Triad member, went to St. George's school on 8 December 1995, to "punish" a 13-year old boy named William Njoh, who had quarrelled with a Filipino pupil.

I’d rather the UK be the 51 state of America to be honest.

For the simple reason- we could maybe then be able to award real life sentences.. US style

none of this 12yrs crap.. which let's face it, if the case didn't receive so much publicity and outrage; he'd probably only have served 8yrs.

I agree. He should do the time where he committed the crime.

Thats easy to say from the comfort of Kansas.

We are welcoming people (have been doing for many decades) with radicly different cultures to our own.

And we are suprised when they break our laws. ?

Send them back when they break our laws.... or at least... laws like rape or murder.

(also littering...and selling Aubergines... but that's a personal grudge)

If they won't integrate into our cutlutre, then sod off.

Meow Purr.

[i agree. He should do the time where he committed the crime.

It's probably one of those cases when no country wants to take the 'criminal'.

British people are generally just totally fed up with having to pander to illegal immigrants who commit

serious crimes and then get to stay here, courtesy of the 'human rights act'. This is why everyone

gets so annoyed.