Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

St. Michael's Mount Faces

Loonboy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• Druss

• Mystify

• crosis

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a nice photo of a castle in a glass case hence the reflections of people in what appears to be the background.

:)

Unless were missing something... I agree with Druss And Crosis.

Read a bit about the place.... pretty cool actually.

This peticular Pic I have not come across yet though...and don`t notice anything odd.

[blue]Would it change your minds if I told you that the guy who took the picture returned to take another and didn't manage to capture the faces again. He says it's not a reflection as there is nothing there to reflect from.

Also, the people 'reflected' seem to be in period clothing...

[/blue]

Before I change my mind, a few questions.

1, who is the photographer and how trust worthy is he.

2, when and exactly where was the photo taken.

3, if he returned to take further photos where are they and can we see them.

:)

ps. can not see anyone in period costume (what period are we talking about anyway).

I see what you mean loonboy, but

.... logically it could be easily done with a Photo shop program.... so is this source reliable?

To be clear I'm not saying that this photograph is necessarily genuine. I don't know. I just wanted your thoughts.

Here's the link to the page --> Here

But I agree, it could be any number of things. It did give me the creeps however.

I must admit that those background images do look weird,  and they're not in the later picture!

The castle is obviously in a glass case, and there is a definate reflection of the castle itself.

Is there pictures in the room from which the images of people could picked up from?.   The second photo is taken from a slightly diffrent angle and this could account for no images being reflected.

Still cannot see any period costume.

:s03

:s6 Hey maybe it's a hologram.....

well it's only a suggestion after all it doesn't show up in the later pic so maybe it was staged so that it would show up like that?

[blue]Well I agree with you that it could indeed be a reflection. The width of the photo does not provide much proof that nothing was strategically placed to give that reflection. And the information provided by the chap submitting the photo is sketchy at best.

What I find odd is that the eyes of the 'people' reflected are light rather than dark, which would not be the case. This evidence suggests to me that the faces were imposed upon the image or planted there to be reflected. Normal people's eyes are not like that and therefore the reflections are not those of regular visitors to the display.

I'm still thinking this is a fake.

[/blue] :-/

Although I also believe it's a fake, I have to say that it's a nice looking model of a castle.

Castles are cool 8)

• 1 month later...

Look at it like this, if this place is like a gallery or somthing, then there would be quite a few people there checking all the cool stuff out, so what i think it is, is that its a crowd of people in the reflection that was there that day the 1st picture was taken.

We can guess one of the corners of the glass case (on the left side)...but I must admit it's a little bit weird...Although I use to leave in France, I've never visited St Michael's Mount, but the castle seems strangly too big in comparison to the whole city...

well, being someone who studied a great deal of art history, i will tell you that the background is a painting photoshopped onto a picture of that castle model.  the giveaway is that the 'people' appear to be standing in a 2d space (ie. a painting) instead of a 3d world.  

those are not people's reflections in glass.  gimme 5 mins and i can do the same effect with a 18th century painting and any picture of a castle.

• 4 months later...

My God people ther's even a reflection of the castle too.The photographer is a lier.It's in a glass case and these are reflections end of story. wacko.gif

• 5 weeks later...

My first thought was that its a double exposure.

But then again it could be reflections, however I agree with DSchwartz on that note that the 'people' look in 2D as opposed to the 3D image of the castle.

IMO not a real ghost picture.

blink.gif

• 4 weeks later...

lol LB i like how u waited to tell them what was wrong w/ the pic....when i first looked at it i did noitce that the people in the reflection were wearing an older type clothing hmm really strange pic if the guy is legit tongue.gifwacko.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Saw this today and wondered what y'all think?

user posted image

laugh.gif

Ya right !!! If that is not a castle within a glass showcase, I am eating my hat. Get real guys !!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest venticia

MOST DEFINITELY A FAKE....

I have dealt with many weird cases...but this one is just a very poor attemp by some over zelous photogropher...Shame...!!! laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

It most certainly looks to me to be a reflection of some people, possibly waxworks reflected in the glass case of the castle

Tsk. I like this photo darn it!

So it's a glass case in which there are some reflections. Either it's been doctored very well or it is showing something unusual.

Whatever it is, it's creepy as all hell.

cool.gif