Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I hate Sylvia Brown

UnHappyPrincess

read one or two of her books before you actually flame her, you have no idea what your talkin about... and if you see her at her show you will be amazed at what she tells you about yourself!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• shantiel

• UnHappyPrincess

• She-ra

She is the worst kind of person you will ever find. She gains credibility on talk shows giving people false hope, looks for desperate people who need help, and then takes advantage of them for large sums of money. She is a horrible vulture. She even looks like one.

It's just horrible. And she publishes all these phony books on how todays children are tommorows "psychic warriors" or some **** like that. I mean come on people! Even on the show she makes no sense. I've heard people on drugs make up more believable crap than her.

I don't know much about her, but I did watch a show she was on once. This woman hadn't seen her brother for years or something. He just moved out and never called or anything and she was asking Sylvia where he was. "Oh, he's dead."

Wow. Great job there. She told a person that someone had died in the most nonchalant way possible. It even sounded rude to me. If the guy was dead, that certainly isn't the way to go about telling people. It wasn't a big thing, but it showed me she obviously didn't care about what she was saying or who she was saying it to. Not a good person.

$700 just to ask her one question? Yup, she's something I can't say on this board without getting into trouble. Most definitely.

read one or two of her books before you actually flame her, you have no idea what your talkin about... and if you see her at her show you will be amazed at what she tells you about yourself!

I think we already know about ourselves and we dont need her to tell us..she is a FRAUD..

I have read her books, they were interesting. Her books do nothing to prove she is legitimate, unless you already think she is. Although I feel she had some psychic ability to begin with, she has gotten greedy, charging $700 for a PHONE reading. I think what ability she may have had is lost. I do agree with some of her views about the other side, but I can't base mine on anything I have seen psychically, its just something I feel.

It's unfortunate that the celebrity psychic void will be quickly filled if we could get rid of her. There are just too many people out there who buy it.

She's a fake who uses cold reading on her 'victims', she asks people questions then says "I know that, I'm psychic", when they answer.

She told one mother on Montel's show that her son was dead, he was kidnapped by a "Hispanic man with dreadlocks", who was driving a blue 1950's Chevy impala.

The boy was alive, he'd been abducted and was being held prisoner by a white man with short hair that drove a white pick-up.

Then there was the case of the jeweler who disappeared while carrying a large amount of diamonds, she told his daughter he'd been murdered by two 'hobos' and dumped in the Kaw river. The poor man had been killed by a pawnbroker and his 16 year old son and buried in St Louis, again she lied.

Or the case of the mother who had disappeared who's two daughters appeared on the show to see Sylvia. They were told that their mother was alive in a mental home in Florida, after suffering a breakdown and developing paranoid schizophrenia, the poor woman was dead, killed by her daughter's husband who just happened to be in the studio with his wife when Sylvia was talking to her and her sister about their mother. Some psychic, the murderer was right in front of her and she couldn't get it right then.

She doesn't work for the FBI either, it's all just lies.

She makes money from the pain and suffering of others - Karma is gonna get her bigtime. :angry2:

If God blesses you with the ability to communicate with the dead, I don't believe it's fair to charge anyone for that ability. I don't really care for Sylvia myself. But there ARE others out there that are legit. She and others LIKE her give others who are legitimate a really bad name, vibe or whatever you want to call it.

If God blesses you with the ability to communicate with the dead, I don't believe it's fair to charge anyone for that ability. I don't really care for Sylvia myself. But there ARE others out there that are legit. She and others LIKE her give others who are legitimate a really bad name, vibe or whatever you want to call it.

One bad apple spoils the whole bunch.

I hate Sylvia Brown, i think she's a fraud

I don't really hate anyone but yeah, it would be good if Sylvia Brown just... evaporated

According to Sylvia Browne, she became "psychic" after having a NDE:

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/paranormal07.html

"The legendary white light appeared ahead of me, with sacred brilliance and infinite knowledge.

The figure of a loved one stepped into the large opening at the end of the tunnel, in my case my cherished Grandma Ada.

...when I reached out my hand to Grandma Ada, she reached out her hand as well, but her palm was facing me, in a gesture that meant stop. And at that same moment, I heard the faint, distant voice of a friend I'd left standing beside my hospital bed pleading, "Sylvia, don't go, you're so needed."

The sensation of returning to earth made me feel as if a huge rubber band that had been wrapped around my waist and stretched to its limit was now pulling me back. One second my hand was just inches from Grandma Ada's, and the next second I was snapped away from her and slammed back into the confining heaviness of my body.

Not only was I not glad to be back, I felt angry, frustrated, and depressed for days afterward."

Sylvia is probably more angry, frustrated and depressed, now that she has been exposed as a FRAUD!!!!!!

ALL OF US wish you would've held onto Grandma Ada's hand, Sylvia! :lol: