Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Owlscrying

Young antelope found playing with a dog

Owlscrying

August 23

Greeley, Colorado - A friendly young antelope found cavorting with a dog along a walking path was probably picked up illegally in Wyoming and may be too tame to return to the wild. A family believed to have brought the animal to Colorado could face charges that carry fines and jail time, said Larry Rogstad, a district officer for the state Division of Wildlife.

The 3-month-old, 15-pound buck was spotted running and playing with a neighborhood dog named Skeeter along a path that runs through Greeley.

"It's just the craziest thing I've ever seen," said Ronda Underwood. "We were just riding along the trail and saw this antelope playing with a dog."

She said the antelope came up to her, nuzzled its head and neck along her leg and seemed almost to beg to be petted.

Rogstad was summoned for fear that the antelope would be attacked by the numerous coyotes in the area. The animal, dubbed "Poudre" by passers-by, was taken to a wildlife refuge where handlers will try to get it ready to return to its natural habitat.

Rogstad said that may not work. "It is totally imprinted now," he said. "The animal actually thinks he's a human."

go

girty1600

What a cute little guy.....

linked-image

The bald-ish guy in the striped shirt is cute too but I was referring to the antelope. :D

swtp

He really is cute! The antelope i mean :yes: But i can,t understand people who don,t notify the right animal protection agencies when they find an animal like this. Don,t they realize that this animal is going to grow quite big and without intending harm could run up to a child and just wanting to play could injure or kill that child? Not to mention if it,s so trusting of humans, it might get shot and killed by some cruel moron! From what i,ve read i think it,s going to be too hard to teach him now what he needs to know to survive in the wild, but i hope they can find a petting zoo or sanctuary where he,ll be safe! :yes:

nativechick1989
:lol: Girty