Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Helicopters?

fearfulone

My reply to "You should get your hearing checked" , very funny. When a heavy helicoptor comes over the house and it vibrates the building you could be stone deaf and still know that something is going on. I know you think I just made the whole story up. Thats fine with me. I suppose if I told you about the glowing blue cloud I saw at night you would say I should get my eyes checked.

I think you need sleep, maybe the lack of sleep is making you not hear things

My reply to "You should get your hearing checked" , very funny. When a heavy helicoptor comes over the house and it vibrates the building you could be stone deaf and still know that something is going on. I know you think I just made the whole story up. Thats fine with me. I suppose if I told you about the glowing blue cloud I saw at night you would say I should get my eyes checked.

My hearing is not nearly as good as it was 20 years ago, but I am NOT deaf. In addition, I fly helicopters.

If I'm in a house and can feel the vibrations of the air beaten by the rotor blades as a machine passes overhead, I sure as heck can hear the machine. Helicopters are notoriously loud and noise polluting.

If you really cannot hear the machine overhead, but can feel the vibrating shockwaves, then it seems like your hearing is very bad indeed.

My hearing is not nearly as good as it was 20 years ago, but I am NOT deaf. In addition, I fly helicopters.

If I'm in a house and can feel the vibrations of the air beaten by the rotor blades as a machine passes overhead, I sure as heck can hear the machine. Helicopters are notoriously loud and noise polluting.

If you really cannot hear the machine overhead, but can feel the vibrating shockwaves, then it seems like your hearing is very bad indeed.

What if it's a stealth 'copter, like the one downed getting Osama?

"Stealth" when applied to airplanes means minimum radar signature, or hopefully NO radar signature. It does not mean the machine is silent, only not visible on conventional radar scopes.

I assume that term applies to helicopters as well. They are not silent, just less visible on radar.

Helicopters make alot of noise for alot of reasons. Because of the turning blades, as I understand it they also have a pretty good return on radar. I'm skeptical of the term being applied to helicopters. I read AW&ST every week, and cannot recall any articles about stealth helicopters of any significance.