Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother Teresa an Atheist

Atheist God

Well Hitler started the world Olympics which inspired nations of all kind to gather and compete in friendly sport.

Did he???

According to my reading, he organized it to prove that his blond, automaton, Aryan race would wipe the floor with the rest of the world.

After Jesse Owens won a couple of races, Hitler left the stadium in disgust. It was captured on film.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• momentarylapseofreason

• Atheist God

• seanph

• Beckys_Mom

Did he???

According to my reading, he organized it to prove that his blond, automaton, Aryan race would wipe the floor with the rest of the world.

After Jesse Owens won a couple of races, Hitler left the stadium in disgust. It was captured on film.

I had already adressed that I was wrong about the statement I made thus making it pointless to continue on about it.... Stay on topic please.

What evidence do we have of her inflicting suffering on people aside from that Stupid Penn and Teller video where you have an alchoholic who can't even get through a five minute interview without a couple shots of scotch and a failed nun now trying to make a go of it as a stand up comic?

I actually laughed through the whole video. It was so unbelievable that if I didn't know Penn was an atheist I'd say it was a farce.

Most people in the Western world have no real concept of how poor people are in other parts of the world.

Throwing money at the problem doesn't help it. For example recently a friend of mine went to adopt a baby in an orphanage in Vietnam. She had to pay a lot of money to do this and she realized along the way that some of the mothers were basically selling their babies. They would get pregnant and give the baby to the orphanage and when the baby was "adopted or sold" she'd get paid. When we sent donations we had to send physical products because sending money would only tempt people who might steal.

How does one cope with such a reality? How does one cope with the idea that feeding one person might make that person get targeted by others. Or donating money might tempt someone to steal.

Mother Theresa didn't promote suffering, she simple stayed with the suffering throughout her life. She didn't throw money at it and then go home to live in comfort. And so since she lived in suffering she came to know it well. And part of suffering is doubts about the meaning of life and doubts about one's own worth and faith.

Its quite fine for people to kick back in the comfort of their homes on their COMPUTERS and peruse the inner thoughts of a woman who devoted her entire life to staying with those who suffered.

But her message seems to have been lost on you all anyway.

Mother Theresa didn't promote suffering, she simple stayed with the suffering throughout her life. She didn't throw money at it and then go home to live in comfort. And so since she lived in suffering she came to know it well. And part of suffering is doubts about the meaning of life and doubts about one's own worth and faith.

Its quite fine for people to kick back in the comfort of their homes on their COMPUTERS and peruse the inner thoughts of a woman who devoted her entire life to staying with those who suffered.But her message seems to have been lost on you all anyway.

One word - awsome

Mother Theresa didn't promote suffering, she simple stayed with the suffering throughout her life. She didn't throw money at it and then go home to live in comfort.

In the mid-80-90's MT had some serious health issues. Did she suffer like those she aided? No. She hopped on a plane and flew to Europe and the US to receive top-notch care. Now, she once stated in a public interview ...

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people."'

I have to wonder why, when in pain herself, she did not accept her lot and embrace this suffering instead of seeking relief?

Good article and discussion (both pro and con) going on here ...

The Myth Of Mother Teresa

http://www.challies.com/archives/articles/...myth-of-mot.php

Former nun speaks out against MT ...

Mother Teresa's House of Illusions: How She Harmed Her Helpers As Well As Those They 'Helped'

by Susan Shields

http://www.secularhumanism.org/library/fi/shields_18_1.html

Some interesting listening with regards to MT ...

Even Mother Teresa Got the Blues

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=13903581

Interesting ...

TIME MAGAZINE: Mother Teresa's Crisis of Faith

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8...1655415,00.html

Sean

Edited by seanph