Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bridgewater Triangle

-=LadyV=-

There was another post on here, and as a branch, the Bridgewater Triangle was mentioned.... for those curious...

Massachusetts' paranormal "hot spot"

Low-flying UFOs, Bigfoot creatures, cattle mutilations, Indian curses and ghostly apparitions. These are just a sampling of the wide range of paranormal phenomena that are constantly occurring in the area of Massachusetts known as the Bridgewater Triangle. First described by researcher Loren Coleman in the 1970s, the Triangle is an area of about 200 square miles that includes the towns of Abington, Rehoboth and Freetown at the angles of the triangle, and Bridgewater, West Bridgewater, North Middleboro, Segreganset, Dighton, North Dighton, Berkley, Myricks, Raynham, East Taunton, and Taunton inside the triangle. Unexplained phenomena are also common in the towns just outside this region. --MORE

• Like 2

Pretty interesting find. Well done Lady V!

Ah, there's an area in my Canadian province called Bridgewater... I was wondering why I never heard of it. xD; Not even in my country.

I always thought my washing machine and dryer were part of a triangle. I put in an even number of socks and an odd number come out. :o

• Like 1

I always thought my washing machine and dryer were part of a triangle. I put in an even number of socks and an odd number come out. :o

Doesn't everyone? lol....

• 3 months later...
There was another post on here, and as a branch, the Bridgewater Triangle was mentioned.... for those curious...

Low-flying UFOs, Bigfoot creatures, cattle mutilations, Indian curses and ghostly apparitions. These are just a sampling of the wide range of paranormal phenomena that are constantly occurring in the area of Massachusetts known as the Bridgewater Triangle. First described by researcher Loren Coleman in the 1970s, the Triangle is an area of about 200 square miles that includes the towns of Abington, Rehoboth and Freetown at the angles of the triangle, and Bridgewater, West Bridgewater, North Middleboro, Segreganset, Dighton, North Dighton, Berkley, Myricks, Raynham, East Taunton, and Taunton inside the triangle. Unexplained phenomena are also common in the towns just outside this region. --MORE

the epicenter most assuredly is the Kennedy compound.

hey guys im new here, thats so weird i live right in the heart of this triangle in bridgewater, mass.. ive been throughout the swamp and heard of numerous acounts of creatures varying from bigfoot like animals to the thunderbird, supposedly having a 30 foot or so wingspan (9 meters) so if you guys have any questions let me know.

p.s. i was reading the archives of this site.. you know, if you search google and find a site thats a forum, its all text to make it easy to load, no pictures or info on the people posting like the real site, so i assumed this was a UK based site,(why i translated to meters). when i signed up all the time zones were european i think. so all of this may not seem as cool cause theres people in my area, ive see the original post is from mass as well as others from my section of the country, yet still i chuckle when you guys say good find... bridgewater is 28 miles south of boston, about a 25 minute drive, and nothing goes on in this town, so this triangle is kind of a big deal and its claim to fame, its a very old town, one of the first in the country, settled in 1650, so besides the underground rail road passage thats about it... if anyone wants pictures of the town or anything else in taunton, raynham(both adjacent to bridgewater) let me know... also you guys should check out middleboro very old as well.. and ill let you guys know about the Witch Tree soon..

Edited by beEasy

• 6 months later...

I've heard some things about this "Witch Tree". I've been there once before myself and ever since then i've never been able to find it again.. very sad. Well, When I went there, it was early in the afternoon, probably around 2 or 3 p.m.. We got out of the car and started heading towards this single tree in the middle of a massive field. There was a single grave next to the tree that you could barely see from the road. As we're heading towards the tree, I saw a shadow type figgure jump down from the tree and stand next to the grave stone. I pointed this out and one other person saw it along with me. This shadow then went behind the tree and you couldn't see it anymore. So, we get to the tree and you can see the grave stone alot clearer now. There was a like rod iron fence around the stone, the fence was black. I got a really uneasy feeling standing near that grave stone. I checked behind the tree to see if that "shadow person" was still there, but as you guessed, it wasn't. Ever since then, I've always wanted to go back there and hang out for a while, ya know, kind of look around the place, investigate if you will. I've never been able to remember where it was though.. Well, i just thought I'd share my experiance with everyone here. first post btw ^^. I live in Middleboro btw, because I looked back and noticed i didn't say if i was from around there or not.

I've heard some things about this "Witch Tree". I've been there once before myself and ever since then i've never been able to find it again.. very sad. Well, When I went there, it was early in the afternoon, probably around 2 or 3 p.m.. We got out of the car and started heading towards this single tree in the middle of a massive field. There was a single grave next to the tree that you could barely see from the road. As we're heading towards the tree, I saw a shadow type figgure jump down from the tree and stand next to the grave stone. I pointed this out and one other person saw it along with me. This shadow then went behind the tree and you couldn't see it anymore. So, we get to the tree and you can see the grave stone alot clearer now. There was a like rod iron fence around the stone, the fence was black. I got a really uneasy feeling standing near that grave stone. I checked behind the tree to see if that "shadow person" was still there, but as you guessed, it wasn't. Ever since then, I've always wanted to go back there and hang out for a while, ya know, kind of look around the place, investigate if you will. I've never been able to remember where it was though.. Well, i just thought I'd share my experiance with everyone here. first post btw ^^. I live in Middleboro btw, because I looked back and noticed i didn't say if i was from around there or not.

I live in Mass too and have yet to get out there, sounds cool, and welcome to UM..JN

I know this is an old thread, but I have to throw my two cents in for this one.

I live in Massachusetts, and I've been to the "Triangle." A few friends and I were driving around one night, just angsting around and smoking, and eventually, we decided to go there because one of my friends wanted to go chasing after the urban legend. So, she parked in an area where you can hike into the woods without the 50 catching on, and so, we went.

I don't know if it's haunted, but throughout the whole hike, I had a weird, funny feeling in the pit of my stomach. She led us to this clearing in the middle of the woods...and it was just...weird. It was QUIET...dead quiet. No crickets, no birds, no insects...nothing. It was just...eerie. I got a bad feeling, but nothing actually happened.

I know this is an old thread, but I have to throw my two cents in for this one.

I live in Massachusetts, and I've been to the "Triangle." A few friends and I were driving around one night, just angsting around and smoking, and eventually, we decided to go there because one of my friends wanted to go chasing after the urban legend. So, she parked in an area where you can hike into the woods without the 50 catching on, and so, we went.

I don't know if it's haunted, but throughout the whole hike, I had a weird, funny feeling in the pit of my stomach. She led us to this clearing in the middle of the woods...and it was just...weird. It was QUIET...dead quiet. No crickets, no birds, no insects...nothing. It was just...eerie. I got a bad feeling, but nothing actually happened.

OMG Im from Massachusetts too. Welcome neighbor!! :st

OMG Im from Massachusetts too. Welcome neighbor!! :st

LET'S GO GHOST HUNTING TOGETHER LIKE OMG!!! XDDDDDD :blink:

LET'S GO GHOST HUNTING TOGETHER LIKE OMG!!! XDDDDDD :blink:

AWESOME..Send me a PM and let me know what city/town you live in.. :sk

:lol: If only I could bring all you guys to Bridgewater here in Tassie because only then could you truely understand why this cracks me up.

Spooky Southcoast did a couple of Podcasts on it a couple of years ago, interesting stuff.

A few friends and I were driving around one night, just angsting around...

That's the first time I've ever heard of that. lol

That's the first time I've ever heard of that. lol

At least I admit I was angsting xDD =P

• 1 year later...

<!--quoteo(post=2363627:date=Jun 26 2008, 07:50 PM:name=Vapre)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vapre @ Jun 26 2008, 07:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2363627"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've heard some things about this "Witch Tree". I've been there once before myself and ever since then i've never been able to find it again.. very sad. Well, When I went there, it was early in the afternoon, probably around 2 or 3 p.m.. We got out of the car and started heading towards this single tree in the middle of a massive field. There was a single grave next to the tree that you could barely see from the road. As we're heading towards the tree, I saw a shadow type figgure jump down from the tree and stand next to the grave stone. I pointed this out and one other person saw it along with me. This shadow then went behind the tree and you couldn't see it anymore. So, we get to the tree and you can see the grave stone alot clearer now. There was a like rod iron fence around the stone, the fence was black. I got a really uneasy feeling standing near that grave stone. I checked behind the tree to see if that "shadow person" was still there, but as you guessed, it wasn't. Ever since then, I've always wanted to go back there and hang out for a while, ya know, kind of look around the place, investigate if you will. I've never been able to remember where it was though.. Well, i just thought I'd share my experiance with everyone here. first post btw ^^. I live in Middleboro btw, because I looked back and noticed i didn't say if i was from around there or not.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I live in Mass too and have yet to get out there, sounds cool, and welcome to UM..JN

I, too live in Mass and have a story about a tree and a shadow person.

I've never heard of the Witch Tree, but the experience is close to what is going on for me right now.

Edited by herenow

There's a 200 acre tract of woods west of Boston which I've hiked for nearly 20 years. I hike it 2 or 3 times a week and have always gotten a strange feeling along one particular section of trail. The feeling has been so strong that I've mentioned it to a few people.

One time while hiking through this small stretch of trail I saw a person standing by a tree. I thought it was a Goth kid (dressed in all black, wearing a hood which hid his face), and I was going to acknowledge him and keep going. He was there for maybe 15 seconds, but when I got up to the tree where he had been, he was gone. He had completely vanished. In the following weeks other odd things happened at this tree including being 'tapped' on the hand once and on the back another time. After those experiences I avoided this section of trail for a long time ‘cause I was spooked, even though I’m old enough to be very skeptical.

Then about months ago I stopped at this tree to examine it more closely. I walked behind it and found someone had placed a clay amulet on the back of the tree. This was a shock. This is just a random tree on a random section of trail amidst many miles of trails. There is nothing obviously unique about it, but someone else must be feeling the same vibes from this tree or this section of woods.

Lots more to tell if anyone is interested.

Here's a picture of the amulet:

amulet_small.jpg