Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Pics and Stories

Kar-zid

Hey me and JN have been thinking and have thought of a thread where you post your original ghost photos, (NO WEB PICS!) but don't tell us the story or where whatever it is is. Then viewers will say what they think the photo is of. Then if someone guesses close you can give us the story.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• She-ra

• gypsygrl

• Radian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok I will start. It does not have to be anything special just a photo of family, or outside, anything at all. Then we can let others sense what they feel. All I can telll is this is me and someone else..Enough said...

post-53813-1188021396_thumb.jpg

Ok I will start. It does not have to be anything special just a photo of family, or outside, anything at all. Then we can let others sense what they feel. All I can telll is this is me and someone else..Enough said...

Where'd the someone else go?

I think that is a musty old attic! LOL :P

I think that's thier head at the edge of the photo just visible.

He is beside me, but cant show his face. So what "feeling" do you get from that photo? JN- :rolleyes:

He is beside me, but cant show his face. So what "feeling" do you get from that photo? JN- :rolleyes:

I get a dark feeling, do you hear noises from up there?

I don't really understand the point of the thread. First you say post your original ghost pictures and don't say anything and see if anyone can spot something or not, which I think is a really good idea for a topic. Then you say see if one can sense anything or not, and although you don't say it, it seems to mean you're implying about any pic, not just a ghost one.

I don't see anything abnormal in your pic, although I'm really bad for spotting anything anways. This is why I'm not sure if you're showing an actual ghost pic or just a regular pic to see if someone can 'sense' anything.

Although I think the ghost pic idea is a really good one, I also think asking people to see if they can 'sense' things, especially out of any pic, is not a good idea and not very productive.

I don't really understand the point of the thread. First you say post your original ghost pictures and don't say anything and see if anyone can spot something or not, which I think is a really good idea for a topic. Then you say see if one can sense anything or not, and although you don't say it, it seems to mean you're implying about any pic, not just a ghost one.

I don't see anything abnormal in your pic, although I'm really bad for spotting anything anways. This is why I'm not sure if you're showing an actual ghost pic or just a regular pic to see if someone can 'sense' anything.

Although I think the ghost pic idea is a really good one, I also think asking people to see if they can 'sense' things, especially out of any pic, is not a good idea and not very productive.

Some peole on here are psychic and she just wanted to know what you sensed, geez...

Well, what we wanted was for folks to post a photo, then let others get a "sense" of whats going on, or what they feel or see (in their mind)..YES it can be any photo and others can say IF they sense something. We just wanted to see (for fun) how many people on here are psychic or sensitive. I think it is productive considering this is just the forum for something like that. I am not asking for someone to see "orbs" or things around me or him, just what they "feel." Its fine if you dont participate and think its a bad idea. That is your opinion and entitled to it. The best part is, you dont "have" to participate OR read it.. :wacko:

I have seen this done on another paranormal website. People post pics of anything, people, houses, whatever, and others "read" the pics. On this other site, the person posting the photo has to know the history of the place, to verify any accuracies in the readings.

I have seen this done on another paranormal website. People post pics of anything, people, houses, whatever, and others "read" the pics. On this other site, the person posting the photo has to know the history of the place, to verify any accuracies in the readings.

Exactly! Ok post a photo SOL..I wont reply because I know you too well...JN- :no:

Exactly! Ok post a photo SOL..I wont reply because I know you too well...JN- :no:

You can reply, because this is something you won't know about. I am posting a picture of this house, of course, if you feel anything about the man on the porch, feel free to read him too. Something happened here a few years ago, something traumatic. That is all I will say about it.

post-54183-1188060116_thumb.jpg

Curiously, the ethereal entities did not appear during the early period of photography (beginning in 1839): there were no spirit daguerreotypes, ambrotypes or early tintypes. Indeed, not until double exposures were made possible by the advent of photographic paper prints from glass-plate negatives, did the spirits choose to make their photographic debut.

There were and are many ways to produce fake spirit photos in addition to double exposures. One technique was used in earlier times when long exposures were necessary. A suitably garbed assistant would slip from behind a curtain, stand briefly, then disappear again this taking place behind the unaware sitter who was intent on remaining motionless. The result would be a faint, transparent "spirit" image beside the solid posed figure.

As a skeptic, all I can say with confidence is that when one considers the requirements for a ghost story to be true, the most reasonable position is that there is a naturalistic explanation for all these stories, but we often do not or cannot have all the details necessary to provide that explanation.

We must rely on anecdotal evidence, which is always incomplete and selective, and which is often passed on by interested, inexperienced, superstitious parties who are ignorant of basic physical laws. Thus, there will always be stories like the "Bell Witch" story that attract much attention, especially when made into movies, that will lead many people to think that maybe there is something to this one, even if all the other ghost stories are false.

The "Bell Witch" is alleged to be a sinister entity that tormented a family on Tennessees frontier between the years of 1817 and 1821. The likelihood that we dont have all the evidence in this case is proportionate to the number of years that have passed since the events allegedly took place.

http://www.bellwitch.org/

If one is selective enough, one can confirm just about any hypothesis. And, as the history of research into psychic phenomena has shown, the brighter one is the easier it is to rationalize and find reasons to support ones beliefs.

Edited by hazzard

You can reply, because this is something you won't know about. I am posting a picture of this house, of course, if you feel anything about the man on the porch, feel free to read him too. Something happened here a few years ago, something traumatic. That is all I will say about it.

Now I am definitely not physic, but when I looked at this house I thought of a hangiing...I know I'm probably well off base...And the man in the picture gave me the chills...

Curiously, the ethereal entities did not appear during the early period of photography (beginning in 1839): there were no spirit daguerreotypes, ambrotypes or early tintypes. Indeed, not until double exposures were made possible by the advent of photographic paper prints from glass-plate negatives, did the spirits choose to make their photographic debut.

There were and are many ways to produce fake spirit photos in addition to double exposures. One technique was used in earlier times when long exposures were necessary. A suitably garbed assistant would slip from behind a curtain, stand briefly, then disappear again this taking place behind the unaware sitter who was intent on remaining motionless. The result would be a faint, transparent "spirit" image beside the solid posed figure.

As a skeptic, all I can say with confidence is that when one considers the requirements for a ghost story to be true, the most reasonable position is that there is a naturalistic explanation for all these stories, but we often do not or cannot have all the details necessary to provide that explanation.

We must rely on anecdotal evidence, which is always incomplete and selective, and which is often passed on by interested, inexperienced, superstitious parties who are ignorant of basic physical laws. Thus, there will always be stories like the "Bell Witch" story that attract much attention, especially when made into movies, that will lead many people to think that maybe there is something to this one, even if all the other ghost stories are false.

The "Bell Witch" is alleged to be a sinister entity that tormented a family on Tennessees frontier between the years of 1817 and 1821. The likelihood that we dont have all the evidence in this case is proportionate to the number of years that have passed since the events allegedly took place.

http://www.bellwitch.org/

If one is selective enough, one can confirm just about any hypothesis. And, as the history of research into psychic phenomena has shown, the brighter one is the easier it is to rationalize and find reasons to support ones beliefs.

I have no idea where you are coming from Hazzard, this is simply a fun thread for those to view photos and state what they think or sense, it doesnt even have to be a "ghost." The Bell Witch has nothing to do with personal photos for others to analyze nothing more, nothing less..JN-

Hmmm I am still semi blocked but I see some images in the window that are not nice. I dunno I am wrong lately due to the blocking but I sense a J name, Jim? This might be very wrong lol but he was shot/attacked? Sorry, I am trying to become "open" so bear with me. Maybe another poster can get more than I can. He was a heavy drinker..JN- :unsure2: