Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's Largest Snake Caught!

Vegeta8300

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Halo_Jones

• AnimangaBloodThorn

• Vegeta8300

• thefirstman

That thing ,must have been huge!Wonder how many people that things eaten tongue.gif

Indonesian villagers claim to have captured a python that is almost 49.21 feet (15 meters) long and weighs nearly 992.07 pounds (450 kilograms), a local official said Monday.

just as a comparison I pinched this off of another thread ... thanx Halo original.gif

user posted image

that makes it roughly the same length as a mature sperm whale eek7.gif

It's as long as a sperm whale? w00t.gifohmy.gif Holy...microwaved poop! blink.gif Wow, I wonder why they don't have a pic of it.

Oh, and thanks for the diagram thingi Kismit. It really helped me picture how long that snake was... wacko.gif

Cya!

that story was in Indonesia.

...but this is from Malaysia.

From Berita Harian, 3 Sept. 2001-daily newspaper.

user posted image

Phytoon-weight 160 kilogram

20 meter long..have been caught by vilagers.

Charged-murdered & eating cow.

150 eggs also found.

Here the link- Click_here,son...

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

enjoy yourselves...!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Holy sh**. Those idiots feed dogs to that snake? Poor digs... just shows you how how cultures deviate from eachother. I bet if that sh** was done over here in N. America, PeTA would be all over them like ticks.

Hmmm...I'm all for Peta. that is if it stands for people eating tastey animals. Anyways I heard snakes taste like chicken, so they should cook it and give it to starving people in the country. laugh.gif

I think this is an absolutely AMAZING discovery. The previous record for captured Anacondas was 32 ft , this one was a tad under 50 ... , 1.5 times as large ...

This means that perhaps somewhere in the depths of the ocean there could be Great White Sharks that are 40 ft long , or Crocodiles that are close to 35 ft ...

Dark Side

Great White Sharks that are 40 ft long

ohmy.gif You just destroyed my lifelong dream to go scubadiving.

I might be mistaken, but wasn't some American Zoo offering a million Dollars for the sucessfull live capture of a snake over 35ft?

I'm surprised that if this story is true, why is it not appearing in every newspaper around the world?

I might be mistaken, but wasn't some American Zoo offering a million Dollars for the sucessfull live capture of a snake over 35ft?

I'm surprised that if this story is true, why is it not appearing in every newspaper around the world?

That's because...

Here is an update... World's longest snake comes up short

HA! See I knew there was something fishy about that story...oooohhh we need a "SMUG" Smiley grin2.gif

Well I still wouldn't like to meet it while treking through the jungle....as you do!

• 3 weeks later...
I think this is an absolutely AMAZING discovery. The previous record for captured Anacondas was 32 ft , this one was a tad under 50 ... , 1.5 times as large ...

This means that perhaps somewhere in the depths of the ocean there could be Great White Sharks that are 40 ft long , or Crocodiles that are close to 35 ft ...

Dark Side

Great... And here I was hoping to take surfing lessons this summer.... You're not gonna see me out on the water... I think I'll do something nice and safe... Like train alibino tigers as attack kitties. I need a nice little army of white tigers to take care of the growing snacke population...

Anyone know where I can get some Sabertooth Tiger DNA?

what a shame for the poor snake, they should have left it well alone to get on with its own life!

ph34r.gif