Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

YouTube to Pull Right-Wing Videos After Germa

Mars

YouTube has taken videos that promote Nazi propaganda off its Web site after Jewish leaders in Germany considered taking legal action.

After coming under intense pressure from politicians and Jewish groups for featuring far-right propaganda on its file-sharing Web site YouTube, Google Germany has agreed to remove the offending videos.

Earlier this week, Germany's Central Council of Jews contacted YouTube administrators and the German Authority for Youth Protection on the Internet to demand that material glorifying Nazi ideology be deleted. A number of politicians called for a legal investigation into the matter.

After YouTube failed to react, a number of Jewish leaders announced they were considering legal action.

Clamping down

Users will also help monitor content

But in an interview with the online version of Stern magazine Thursday, Google spokesman Kay Oberbeck said the video community platform would be removing the material, which numbers hundreds of videos.

"We very definitely want to distance ourselves from any videos that incite hatred," he said. "This content is illegal and in breach of YouTube guidelines."

"Clearly, YouTube has a vested interest in removing illegal, inflammatory videos from the platform," he added.

In future, he said, YouTube will operate more stringent controls of the material posted on the site, with users encouraged to help monitor material.

"Our complaints system designed to pinpoint such breaches of the law will have to be improved with the help of our users," Oberbeck said. "No system is perfect, and we intend to work very hard to operate tighter controls."

However, legal observers argue that YouTube is based in the US, which enforces laws protecting free speech. Countries such as Turkey which have censored YouTube have come in for heavy criticism and been forced to lift their bans.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,2759837,00.html

Once again Democracy takes another blow. Self-interest groups are chipping away at freedom of speech. Any view that opposes their ideology has to be censored rather than debated against FREELY.

Jewish Groups that got these videos cencored should be ashamed.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moon Monkey

• Mars

• __Kratos__

• Cradle of Fish

Top Posters In This Topic

The germans are sensitive about nazi stuff, I wonder why.

There are many issues in the world today, so why is it that evey post/thread of yours has a anti-jewish slant. Obsessed ? :yes:

The germans are sensitive about nazi stuff, I wonder why.

There are many issues in the world today, so why is it that evey post/thread of yours has a anti-jewish slant. Obsessed ? :yes:

This thread is actually a FOLLOW-UP on my older thread that said "jewish self-interest groups trying to ban Youtube German videos".

To act like this is a small issue is insane. This is just one of many examples of BASIC human freedoms being limited in free nations. Going to prison in Europe for YEARS just for holocaust denial is also insanity.

I don't attack just Jewish groups, I hate all self-interest groups (like NAACP).

Edited by Mars

This thread is actually a FOLLOW-UP on my older thread that said "jewish self-interest groups trying to ban Youtube German videos".

To act like this is a small issue is insane. This is just one of many examples of BASIC human freedoms being limited in free nations. Going to prison in Europe for YEARS just for holocaust denial is also insanity.

I don't attack just Jewish groups, I hate all self-interest groups (like NAACP).

I have not seen the youtube videos so cannot really comment of whether they are a small issue or not but if they are the "incitement to race hatred" that google say they are then I agree they should be taken off. Basic human rights do not extend to the public hatred of a race, any race, what about their human rights ?

I agree about holocaust deniers going to jail for years being wrong, they are just nutcases who need help not punishment.

Most of your posts and threads seem to have a jewish slant. Thats my opinion based on your posts and threads.

I have not seen the youtube videos so cannot really comment of whether they are a small issue or not but if they are the "incitement to race hatred" that google say they are then I agree they should be taken off.

We wouldn't be able to view it since its on youtube.de not .com

The Jewish Task Force (terroist group), Muslim Extremist Videos, anti-white videos (Theres even 15 videos on youtube that make fun of WHITE cops who risk their lives daily), etc.. are allowed there. People have reported everyone of them and have asked for these videos to be removed and Youtube still refuses to do it. Yet these Nazi videos are somehow worse than all these?? It just doesn't make sense.

Basic human rights do not extend to the public hatred of a race, any race, what about their human rights ?

I don't care if someone attacks my race/ethnicity/religion. I would talk to them rationally. Freedom of Speech is important.

I agree about holocaust deniers going to jail for years being wrong, they are just nutcases who need help not punishment.

I don't think anyone is a nutcase who questions history. A scientist ( a holocaust believer) surprisingly didn't find evidence for gas chambers, and he was called an anti-semite and I believe fined.

Most of your posts and threads seem to have a jewish slant. Thats my opinion based on your posts and threads.

lol then read my last Topics:

Castro's tip: Clinton-Obama the winning

Anti-Ron Paul propaganda

The European Union Still Eludes a Turkey

Segregation in schools is increasing: report

Edited by Mars

We wouldn't be able to view it since its on youtube.de not .com

The Jewish Task Force (terroist group), Muslim Extremist Videos, anti-white videos (Theres even 15 videos on youtube that make fun of WHITE cops who risk their lives daily), etc.. are allowed there. People have reported everyone of them and have asked for these videos to be removed and Youtube still refuses to do it. Yet these Nazi videos are somehow worse than all these?? It just doesn't make sense.

I don't care if someone attacks my race/ethnicity/religion. I would talk to them rationally. Freedom of Speech is important.

I don't think anyone is a nutcase who questions history. A scientist ( a holocaust believer) surprisingly didn't find evidence for gas chambers, and he was called an anti-semite and I believe fined.

lol then read my last Topics:

Castro's tip: Clinton-Obama the winning

Anti-Ron Paul propaganda

The European Union Still Eludes a Turkey

Segregation in schools is increasing: report

So if you were a Jew you would talk to some ayrian brotherhood skinhead who was covered in nazi tatoos, giving the seig heil claiming Hitler was right rationally, hmmmm.

I am not getting into the holocaust denying thing with you we have been through it in many threads, most recently the "one third of the holocaust" thread.

You have missed a couple of threads out. We both know whats behind a high percentage of your posts.

So if you were a Jew you would talk to some ayrian brotherhood skinhead who was covered in nazi tatoos, giving the seig heil claiming Hitler was right rationally, hmmmm.

As long as the Skinheads do not physically attack the Jewish person then theres nothing wrong with that. Thats called freedom of speech. You want to ban opinions that you don't agree with. This is exactly what the German government tries to do with the NDP. I love how people are so pro-democracy when it comes to their own opinions.

I am not getting into the holocaust denying thing with you we have been through it in many threads, most recently the "one third of the holocaust" thread.

You better back that up with some proof. Name one other thread where I denied the holocaust. Infact name ONE thread where I denied the holocaust.

You have missed a couple of threads out. We both know whats behind a high percentage of your posts.

Actually those threads are the most Recent threads on my Unexplained-mysteries profile. If I were to post all my threads I ever had it would be a lot.

Edited by Mars

freedom of speech yes, incitement to racial hatred no.

You are very careful with your language, and I am not going to toothpick through the entire board, I was refering to other threads in which you have participated but even on page 2 you started the 71% of Israelis want war thread which was in your own words, misleading. Lets agree I have my own opinion of you and you have a different opinion of yourself and say cheerio till your next thinly disguised thread/post.

freedom of speech yes, incitement to racial hatred no.

You are very careful with your language, and I am not going to toothpick through the entire board, I was refering to other threads in which you have participated but even on page 2 you started the 71% of Israelis want war thread which was in your own words, misleading. Lets agree I have my own opinion of you and you have a different opinion of yourself and say cheerio till your next thinly disguised thread/post.

And someone asked me about that title. And look at what I replied. I even said in the FIRST sentence of that thread "71% of Israelis want war polls suggest if diplomatic talk fails" which is the full title that I didn't think would fit. You can't only read the title of threads, atleast read THE FIRST SENTENCE OF THE ARTICLE.

Another point I was making above:

'Black Israelites' in New York City scream at people racial slurs when they walk by. However they don't attack anyone physically. Incitement to racial hatred is a disguise for Anti-freedom of speech. I'm not a communist, but I think Communists should have total free speech. And I'm not a facist but they should be able to talk freely. In Germany its completely insane to go to jail for 4 years for holocaust denial!

I don't have any disguise in my threads, I'm just anti-cencorship.

You can't name ONE thread where I denied the Holocaust because you can't. Admit it that you said that statement out of line.

Even in my Holocaust Documentary thread I said:

"None of us are holocaust denier we are only speculating on the documentary that I posted."

You can't name ONE thread where I denied the Holocaust because you can't. Admit it that you said that statement out of line.

Even in my Holocaust Documentary thread I said:

"None of us are holocaust denier we are only speculating on the documentary that I posted."

No, what you do is say things like....such and such found no evidence of the holocaust and he was a believer...not your opinion, his, thinly veiled however. Have you speculated on documentarys based around the overwhelming evidence that there was a holocaust (and again as I pointed out in other threads, the holocaust as a whole not just the jewish part of it) :no:

Lets keep this thread on topic please, the subject is YouTube's removal of videos, not Mars' posts.

Thanks.

YouTube has taken videos that promote Nazi propaganda off its Web site after Jewish leaders in Germany considered taking legal action.

YouTube doesn't have to allow free speech. It is a family friendly sort of website, I know I wouldn't want my kids stumbling on any kind of racial hatred. They have every right to control what is posted on and deleted from their website.

They don't call it Jew-Tube for nothin'.

>_>

Edit:

It is a family friendly sort of website, I know I wouldn't want my kids stumbling on any kind of racial hatred. They have every right to control what is posted on and deleted from their website.

Sure, family friendly, thats why theres lots of videos of scantily clad women dancing on poles.

Edit 2: If they are gonna pull some right-wing propaganda, they should pull ALL the propaganda.

Edited by dantheman2435

They don't call it Jew-Tube for nothin'.

Who calls it that ? rednecks and skinheads ?

Who calls it that ? rednecks and skinheads ?

Cause only rednecks, psuedo-nazi skinheads, and anti-semitics can criticize Jews, right?

Cause only rednecks, psuedo-nazi skinheads, and anti-semitics can criticize Jews, right?

Criticising individuals for their actions is one thing, critising entire races of people for no good reason (except possible some strange kind of jealousy) is another but if you are talking about comically renaming you-tube as jew-tube then I think the groups you mentioned would probably be among the front runners....maybe confused, know-no-better teenage boys would as well.

What exactly should anyone be criticing the entire Jewish people for again ? Do some deserve criticism, yes of course, do many , maybe but no more on average than any other race. I just don't get it, what , other than sad conspiracy theories, am I missing ?

Sure, family friendly, thats why theres lots of videos of scantily clad women dancing on poles.

Edit 2: If they are gonna pull some right-wing propaganda, they should pull ALL the propaganda.

They do have an 'adults only' feature: people can alert the moderators if they think a particular item is unsuitable for general viewing. The mod's can then set it to 'adult members only', at which point you need to log in to view it. This is not foolproof, as a minor could falsify their membership application, but it's a start. The only problem is that people (in my opinion) don't USE this feature and 'flag' innappropriate material often enough.

As for propoganda: the reason the material was removed was because it was deemed racially offensive, and NOT because it was propoganda.

I just don't get it, what , other than sad conspiracy theories, am I missing ?

But Moon Monkey, this is Unexplained Mysteries... the HOME of the Sad Conspiracy :D

Meow Purr.

Scantly clad women are harmless, and also blocked for under 18s, whereas balding angry hillbillies trying to incite racial violence is potentially dangerous.

balding angry hillbillies trying to incite racial violence is potentially dangerous.

fanatacism is dangerous on all levels...you might be redneck if?...I agree with youtube cleaning up there act ..anti-semites always ruin the party..

It is not the first time that YouTube has pulled an offensive/slanderous film. So I guess that the scandal seems to be that in this case the slanderous/offensive material was created by Neonazis and objected by Jews. Is that really a scandal? Is that any different than our island's major having a slanderous film about him removed?

Hell, here's a link.

http://www.jewtube.com/

And to tell you the truth, I'm really only criticizing the Jews who post propaganda on youtube and don't have it removed, unlike say, arab propaganda.

Didn't go too deeply into that Jew-tube site but the hate and incitement didn't really jump out at me, more them celebrating themselves and their culture, leave them too it, not cool but hardly offensive.

Propaganda is different from race hate. Are you sure it is pro-arab and not anti-jew stuff thats being removed ? Big difference. I would agree at banning a zionist "boot the arabs out they are 3rd world monkeys and the land is ours" settlers style upload butI cannot see why anyone would object to a bit jewish culture (whatever it is they do) as I cannot see anyone objecting to a bit of of belly-dancing, hubbly-bubbly smoking and camel racing.

Edited by Moon Monkey

as a minor could falsify their membership application,

Thats what I do.

It is not the first time that YouTube has pulled an offensive/slanderous film. So I guess that the scandal seems to be that in this case the slanderous/offensive material was created by Neonazis and objected by Jews. Is that really a scandal? Is that any different than our island's major having a slanderous film about him removed?

Heres the thing: Youtube allows Kahanists to post on youtube freely. For those who don't know, Kahanists are basically like the Neo-Nazis of the Jewish religion. They (kahanists) believe Arabs, Germans, Austraians, etc.. should all be killed. Yet these guys can have over 60 videos on youtube! Tons of muslims and christians have complained and Youtube wont' do anything.

I'm questioning why this Nazi materiel is soo different?

In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.

-Martin Niemöller

Looks like the jews took a page from the nazi handbook.

Thats what I do.

Heres the thing: Youtube allows Kahanists to post on youtube freely. For those who don't know, Kahanists are basically like the Neo-Nazis of the Jewish religion. They (kahanists) believe Arabs, Germans, Austraians, etc.. should all be killed. Yet these guys can have over 60 videos on youtube! Tons of muslims and christians have complained and Youtube wont' do anything.

I'm questioning why this Nazi materiel is soo different?

Mars--I searched "kahanist" on youtube and it returned 8 clips, one was a bunch of inbred nutters singing about revenge (I didn't see any racial hatred in the video whatever this groups beliefs may be), one was an anti-talmud christian video and the other 6 were parts of a documentary and I have only seen the first part so far and it paints this group in a pretty horrible light, they do seem a pretty disgusting bunch, but it is hardly propaganda for them. What search keywords produce the other 52+, I tried "kahan" but that was all bollywood musicals. Going by the clips I have seen I think the difference is that there isn't incitement to racial hatred in the clips and if there were I would hope they would be deleted along with the nazi ones. A clip of nazis dancing and singing "we love hitler" wouldn't bother me, a bunch of nazis singing, " the jews are parasites and must be wiped out" would.

Kratos-- Who are all the Jews coming for ?