Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has a mythical beast turned up in Texas ?

UM-Bot

user posted image rSubmitted by Mars: Phylis Canion lived in Africa for four years. She's been a hunter all her life and has the mounted heads of a zebra and other exotic animals in her house to prove it. But the roadkill she found last month outside her ranch was a new one even for her, worth putting in a freezer hidden from curious onlookers: Canion believes she may have the head of the mythical, bloodsucking chupacabra.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo! News

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KyrusRose

• Luvkittys7

• Picturesque Orion

• ursulaseels

Well it might be rotting but it's not a rottwerler. There is a better picture of it in Owls's topic. To me it looks like a mix of a dog and a hog.

if the question was what happened to her chickens why not have the contents of its stomache examined. humm sounds fishy

Those fangs looks fake and was just put on. Looks like a dead Pit bull to me.

For someone who seem to be in the study of animals, hiding a possibly new species in a freezer to me is very odd.

Edited by AROCES

It looks like a hairless bear cub

Well it might be rotting but it's not a rottwerler. There is a better picture of it in Owls's topic. To me it looks like a mix of a dog and a hog.

HOGDOG!!! For some reason that just cracks me up! :lol:

Those fangs looks fake and was just put on. Looks like a dead Pit bull to me.

For someone who seem to be in the study of animals, hiding a possibly new species in a freezer to me is very odd.

I agree. Pitbull was the first thing that popped into my head as well.

There is another post about this

i said it before and i will say it again

it looks like a pig to me.

The beast you have found is clearly a dog or coyote that was suffering from a pernicious form of mange. It's caused by mange mites, and dogs with a severe case will loose their hair, suffer from skin lesions leading to infection, and experience a thickening of the skin that can make a dog look totally alien. The skin also tends to turn that bluish-grey colour that you see in the photo.

A veterinarian could probably tell you more about this condition and perhaps do some tests to confirm its presence. Just a couple more things I should mention. Mange is highly infectious and is easily passed on. Also, one type of mange is known as canine scabies and can be transmitted to humans if there are any live mites, so for the love of God take more care about handling dead animals in future!

Edited by aml

Ug.. its a dog..

Hairless

Hairless in Peru

Hairless again

Headshot

As for the canines.. they look the right length for any dog, only reason you can see them so well is cause the dog is dead.. skin recedes.. you know they use to think hair and fingernails kept growing after death because of this.

There is another post about this

i said it before and i will say it again

it looks like a pig to me.

Pigs don't have that kind of nose.

Edited by Alex01

it is a hyena with mange, mange is an infestation similar to scabies on humans, little lice bugs that burrow into your skin and cause severe skin infections

Edited by xymox1971

They going to have do something better, everyone knows it sometype of canine with hair lost due to viral, genetic or radiation or some sort of poison. Then again someone might of been a bit OTT with a shaver and then it the poor thing died with the cold bless it.

Edited by Jonny Strange stuff

Personally I don't think that it looks that much like a pig, the resembalance to the dog, IMO anyway, is much greater.

But you never know...

I haven't heard of dogs draining the blood of chickens though... It thought that they just ate them?

The pic of the alleged Chupacabra doens't even remotely resemble any eye witness accounts, minus the skin color. I have a friend that seen one up close while in the military. He was about 20-30 feet away from it. The pic from Texas looks like a hairless dog of some sort. I don't discount that Chubapacabras exist. I beleive they do. Many different Species of the creatures just any other they are not all exactly the same. However, all Chupacabra sighting speak of very large eyes. Ive seen only two pics so far that appear to be real. This You Tube video is cool, if it's fake the guys did a great job and seemed to be scared sh**less.VIDEO This is the best image I've seen yet, set up with a motion sensor camera this image was taken of a Chupacabra chasing a small deer. linked-image Notice the large eyes. Here is the blow up of same photo.linked-image

Edited by thevocalist

what about the fangs how did it get the huge fangs cause no pig i have ever see has huge teeth going downwards and why has it died while liking its lips?

The pic of the alleged Chupacabra doens't even remotely resemble any eye witness accounts, minus the skin color. I have a friend that seen one up close while in the military. He was about 20-30 feet away from it. The pic from Texas looks like a hairless dog of some sort. I don't discount that Chubapacabras exist. I beleive they do. Many different Species of the creatures just any other they are not all exactly the same. However, all Chupacabra sighting speak of very large eyes. Ive seen only two pics so far that appear to be real. This You Tube video is cool, if it's fake the guys did a great job and seemed to be scared sh**less.VIDEO This is the best image I've seen yet, set up with a motion sensor camera this image was taken of a Chupacabra chasing a small deer. linked-image Notice the large eyes. Here is the blow up of same photo.linked-image

i shi t better fake pictures than that. honest to god.

and its just a dog. wheres the mystery??? christ.

Am I the only one wondering about DNA TESTING? Surely that could answer a question or two? I'm surprised that no authority type thingie has jumped on the chance....

Am I the only one wondering about DNA TESTING? Surely that could answer a question or two? I'm surprised that no authority type thingie has jumped on the chance....

You know they're going to test it sooner or later, and its going to turn out to be a dog, but no ones ever going to hear about it, and they'll just expect everyone to forget it happened.. do you have any idea how many of these corpses they find a year, claiming they are chup? Unless they test it and its something unknown, you'll never hear about it again.