Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jihadists Posing as Forum Members

supercar

It starts again and the same kind of people would support as did the red scare(one and two) of years past.

It worked so well the first time, I vote we try it again. Perhaps we can restart the House Un-American Activities Committee. Turn in your neighbors for perceived infractions, blacklist people that don't fit your specific idea of what an American might or might not be...Whip up the country into paranoia and seeing demons around every corner and on every block. Make people appear to be patriots for informing on neighbors regardless of guilt.

Anything to be considered a patriot I guess...

I noticed that a long time ago. My family and I do not participate in your 'usual' patriotic holiday activities (fireworks, decorations, going to parades), 4th of July, Labour Day, Memorial Day......Christmas :rolleyes:. This one time at work I had to work a double shift and it was on the 4th of July. One of the customers who I was acquaintances with asked me why I was there and I said "Since I don't really celebrate I volunteered to work a double and get some extra money". Something along those lines. As soon as I said it he said "What are you, anti-american?"

Just because I don't listen to Lee Greenwood, scratch paint on my car from putting on an american flag/support our troops decal, or decorate my house in tacky attire doesn't make me anti-american.

Oh wait....I'm muslim :unsure:.

Well that says it all :P.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• AROCES

• Unlimited

• Lt_Ripley

As part of the campaign to foster anti-war sentiment among Westerners, and more specifically among Americans, a member of the Al-Mohajroon Islamist website with the username Al-Wathiq Billah instructed mujahideen in how to infiltrate popular American forums and to use them to distribute jihad films and spread disinformation about the war. "There is no doubt, my brothers, that raiding American forums is among the most important means of obtaining victory in the fierce media war... and of influencing the views of the weak-minded American who pays his taxes so they will go to the infidel American army. This American is an idiot and does not [even] know where Iraq is... [it is therefore] mandatory for every electronic mujahid [to engage in this raiding]." "It is better that you raid non-political forums such as music forums and trivia forums... which American people... favor... Define your target[ed forum]... and get to know it well... Post your contribution and do not get into... futile arguments..."

I don not believe this board will likely be raided as it has high political content and debate. But it is quite clear to anyone with a half a brain that cyber warfare in the age of the internet is an inevitability whether it be propaganda or hacks and so on. However I believe that becoming paranoid about it will lead to a great 'firewall' of America which is a step backwards.

"You should enter into debate or respond only if it is extremely necessary... Your concern should [only] be introducing topics which... will cause [them to feel] frustration and anger towards their government..., which will... render them hostile to Bush... and his Republican Party and make them feel they must vote ton bring the troops back from Iraq as soon as possible." "Do not... discuss issues pertaining to Arabs or Muslims at all, whether negatively or positively... because this could be a trap for you... In addition, do not ask people to circulate the material [you have posted] in other forums... as these types of requests will expose you..."

Well Americans and just people internationally are already mostly hostile towards Bush and the Republican party in the US.... If these guys are thinking about rendering Americans hostile to Bush to late.

===

Does such internet activity really surprise people, I mean I am sure that a lot of the pro-war propaganda online that people spew originates within government walls.

I know I am not an Islamic fascist at the same time I know I am not a right wing war mongering fascist either. I believe no matter how extreme the view point it is everyones right to express it online it is truly the last free domain left in the world in which people from all over can gather and share what they think even if they are wrong and or poorly educated.

Any member of the Unexplained-Mysteries discussion boards can say they are from anywhere. I wonder how many people who post here,are who they say they are.

Oh snap! You caught me!

I find it hilarious that all the "liberals" here are saying this is ridiculous, but a few days ago when Bob suggested that right-wingers in the forums were government disinforments, they were nodding their empty-little heads.

There were many marines in Somalia, they just weren't part of Task Force Ranger. Remember that US forces initially landed in December 1992 yet the 3rd Batt and CAG guys didn't arrive until August 1993.

Here is a time line of events that is pretty interesting, most people don't know about any of this stuff.

http://www.geocities.com/somaliaveteran/info.html

The real ****up in Somalia was that clinton wouldn't let armored vehicles to be used. Tanks and APC's with american flags on them paint a bad picture when your supposed to be on a humanitarian mission. Then the next day clinton begins the process to bring everyone home.

Edited by KingTomis

I noticed that a long time ago. My family and I do not participate in your 'usual' patriotic holiday activities (fireworks, decorations, going to parades), 4th of July, Labour Day, Memorial Day......Christmas :rolleyes:. This one time at work I had to work a double shift and it was on the 4th of July. One of the customers who I was acquaintances with asked me why I was there and I said "Since I don't really celebrate I volunteered to work a double and get some extra money". Something along those lines. As soon as I said it he said "What are you, anti-american?"

Just because I don't listen to Lee Greenwood, scratch paint on my car from putting on an american flag/support our troops decal, or decorate my house in tacky attire doesn't make me anti-american.

Oh wait....I'm muslim :unsure:.

Well that says it all :P.

I"m calling Homeland Security.

I"m calling Homeland Security.

They already know me. I am an agent spreading ridiculous ideas as a liberal to make them look stooo'pid. :P.

so how many terrorists has our own UM McCarthy been able to scrounge up ? just curious , I've been gone a few and was wondering .

I actualy can see how this could be going on, somewhere on the internet. However, its no more suprising than our own government doing so.

While a couple of you beileve you has seen this at UM, how meny have actualy seen "jihadist films" being distributed here? Any "disinformation about the war" that has been posted here, has been from US news sources. Lemme guess, the jihadist have also infiltrated our nations media?

Your fears about this at UM seem to be based only on people who don't agree with your views. Same thing you have been told to think by the media for a while now ."people who speak out against the war are holocaust deniers" or "anti-American" or "jihadist mad-men".

Demonizing anti-war opinions does far more to support this administration's unpopular policies, than any "jihadist films" or "disinformation" could do to cause frustration with the government. So who is really benefiting from this article?

Did you know 90% of noises in the night are actualy terrorists under your bed? Its true.

Nothing makes me feel more frustrated with our government than supercar's topics do. :lol:

actually I have seen 'jihadist films' being linked here ( once that I can recall on Youtube on thier training) and have seen 'disinformation ' about the war. but they came from republicans/right wingers. AH HA ! how clever.

QUOTE(Nena @ Sep 2 2007, 07:24 PM)

What exactly does Bin Laden have to do with Iraq?

Are you perhaps thinking of Afghanistan?

Too long for me to explain. Sorry no time.

it doesn't take long to type the word - nothing.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

They do not need jihardist to infiltrate UM. They sent normal moderate people of no affiliation to read supercar, aroces and bruce primes posts and the ranks swell.

There were many marines in Somalia, they just weren't part of Task Force Ranger. Remember that US forces initially landed in December 1992 yet the 3rd Batt and CAG guys didn't arrive until August 1993.

Here is a time line of events that is pretty interesting, most people don't know about any of this stuff.

http://www.geocities.com/somaliaveteran/info.html

The real ****up in Somalia was that clinton wouldn't let armored vehicles to be used. Tanks and APC's with american flags on them paint a bad picture when your supposed to be on a humanitarian mission. Then the next day clinton begins the process to bring everyone home.

try learning real history - WHO REALLY WANTED TO CUT AND RUN FROM SOMALIA.

actually I'll put this up front - some facts deserve to be seen.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

One of the central prongs in the right-wing effort to blame Bill Clinton for the growth of al-Qaida (and one of the central aspects of the general neoconservative mythology of how to fight terrorism) revolves around Somalia. Specifically, the right-wingers claim that President Clinton's withdrawal of troops from Somalia after a Muslim militia dragged the bodies of U.S. troops through the streets of Mogadishu conveyed weakness to the Muslim world and showed that we could be easily defeated. We suffer a few casualties, and we run away. They claim that that perceived weakness -- "cutting and running" from Somalia -- is what "emboldened" Osama bin Laden in the 1990s to wage war against us.

Contrary to neoconservative myth, it was right-wing Republicans who demanded, and President Clinton who resisted, an immediate withdrawal from Somalia.

Source

try learning real history - WHO REALLY WANTED TO CUT AND RUN FROM SOMALIA.

actually I'll put this up front - some facts deserve to be seen.

Unfortunately this is what happens when lazy Americans rely on Chris Wallace & Fox News for their information. :mellow:

Who is really trying to spread misinformation on these forums?

Edited by Reincarnated

QUOTE(Nena @ Sep 2 2007, 07:24 PM)

What exactly does Bin Laden have to do with Iraq?

Are you perhaps thinking of Afghanistan?

it doesn't take long to type the word - nothing.

I see, you got no time either.

If you really think Jihadists are "infiltrating" UM, stop being a coward and do something about it. Call Homeland Security already. You can't let the terrorists win, show America that you are a true patriot!

Edited by Reincarnated

One of the central prongs in the right-wing effort to blame Bill Clinton for the growth of al-Qaida (and one of the central aspects of the general neoconservative mythology of how to fight terrorism) revolves around Somalia. Specifically, the right-wingers claim that President Clinton's withdrawal of troops from Somalia after a Muslim militia dragged the bodies of U.S. troops through the streets of Mogadishu conveyed weakness to the Muslim world and showed that we could be easily defeated. We suffer a few casualties, and we run away. They claim that that perceived weakness -- "cutting and running" from Somalia -- is what "emboldened" Osama bin Laden in the 1990s to wage war against us.

Contrary to neoconservative myth, it was right-wing Republicans who demanded, and President Clinton who resisted, an immediate withdrawal from Somalia.

SourceUnfortunately this is what happens when lazy Americans rely on Chris Wallace & Fox News for their information. :mellow:

Who is really trying to spread misinformation on these forums?

Who gave the order to withdraw?

End of discussion.

Is that the best response you could come up with? :hmm:

Dude, with all due respect, he did say "end of discussion". He has got you there, and if I might say so myself, you are "owned".

Next time you are up agaisnt AROCES try "black, black no trade-back" or the ever reliable response," force field".

darn. who'd ever thought?

I think the pro-war propoganda crowd are posing as forum members?...

As part of the campaign to foster anti-war sentiment among Westerners, and more specifically among Americans, a member of the Al-Mohajroon Islamist website with the username Al-Wathiq Billah instructed mujahideen in how to infiltrate popular American forums and to use them to distribute jihad films and spread disinformation about the war. "There is no doubt, my brothers, that raiding American forums is among the most important means of obtaining victory in the fierce media war... and of influencing the views of the weak-minded American who pays his taxes so they will go to the infidel American army. This American is an idiot and does not [even] know where Iraq is... [it is therefore] mandatory for every electronic mujahid [to engage in this raiding]." "It is better that you raid non-political forums such as music forums and trivia forums... which American people... favor... Define your target[ed forum]... and get to know it well... Post your contribution and do not get into... futile arguments..."

Maybe Al-Wathiq Billah is a Republican operative with special faith based funding to help 'bring 'em on'? The mask works both ways.

Yet, the web source in the OP linked article, from March 2007, is no longer available.

Mohajroon now presents no more than a Flash clock, telling me the time in my neck of the woods downunder, with audio from Islamweb. (English version)

Mohajroon was shut down in April. Organized Campaign to Shut Down Islamist Websites Begun? Well folks, back to our own anti-war sentiment. It's more than healthy enough. What's the opposite of Akhbar in Arabic? Bushbar?

I see, you got no time either.

thats because binladen has nothing to do with iraq....you dont have the time to explain that?..

Didn't we have a thread on this several months ago? I think that it ended up getting shut down because the Lefties here felt like they were being accused of "Un-American Activities". If I remember right, someone accused Bob of being a Terrorists in disguise or something.

Personally, I really wouldn't doubt that it is happening. I just wouldn't go about pinning blame on people. There were people who wrote anti-patriot newspapers inthe the Revolutoion, there were people who supported the NAzis in WWII. It is not a stretch of the imagination to assume that there are people who are doing their dead level best to make America lose this war too.

It is not a stretch of the imagination to assume that there are people who are doing their dead level best to make America lose this war too.

I was under the impression the "war" was won, no WMD found, Saddam captured, mission accomplished.

how to infiltrate popular American forums

Just to clarify, UM is based out of the UK, not the USA...

Just to clarify, UM is based out of the UK, not the USA...

phew...good thing it's uk based ..theirs no jihadists there... <_<