Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

dragons

the lazy skeptic

We don't even have people sighting these things. We are only discussing this based on stories. We are looking for truth in fiction works and stories. Dragons cannot be taken literally. There are so many different ways that the myths of dragons could have come about, and they don't invovle actual living, fire-breathing dragons.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• draconic chronicler

• The Gremlin

• Undeadskeptic

• Dragon Seeker

We don't even have people sighting these things. We are only discussing this based on stories. We are looking for truth in fiction works and stories. Dragons cannot be taken literally. There are so many different ways that the myths of dragons could have come about, and they don't invovle actual living, fire-breathing dragons.

Apparently according to one 'expert' its because they're scared of firearms....that explains the recent dearth of sightings. Probably extended now to cameras, mobile phones etc.

Infact....thinking about it it might just explain where the tradition of firing your gun into the sky in celebrations/festivals etc came from: like the chinese using fireworks to ward off the demons; cowboys, mexicans, arabs etc who all are well known to shoot into the sky in jubilation might be or have been unknowingly perpetuating a gesture that was once essential to survival. The more i think about it the more it makes sense.....perhaps i should write a book.

Infact....thinking about it it might just explain where the tradition of firing your gun into the sky in celebrations/festivals etc came from: like the chinese using fireworks to ward off the demons; cowboys, mexicans, arabs etc who all are well known to shoot into the sky in jubilation might be or have been unknowingly perpetuating a gesture that was once essential to survival. The more i think about it the more it makes sense.....perhaps i should write a book.

:D

Interesting take on it Lil-Grem.

Actually, in China, VietNam, and other parts of SouthEast Asia, these customs do actually relate to dragon lore. According to legend, a solar eclipse happens when the celestial black dragon decides to swallow the sun. Humans on earth then bravely light of firecrackers (and today firearms) to ward off the black dragon. It must work because he backs off every time ;) . I love the image of a multi-million mile black dragon about to engulf the sun, then noticing the firearms and firecrackers discharged on the third dust mote orbiting his snack goes "aww, foiled again"! :P

Obviously how threatened a dragon is by firearms depends on the firearm and the dragon.

P.S. Do you ever switch off with the Spike avatar? Do you have a Mogwai avatar as well?

:D

Interesting take on it Lil-Grem.

Actually, in China, VietNam, and other parts of SouthEast Asia, these customs do actually relate to dragon lore. According to legend, a solar eclipse happens when the celestial black dragon decides to swallow the sun. Humans on earth then bravely light of firecrackers (and today firearms) to ward off the black dragon. It must work because he backs off every time ;) . I love the image of a multi-million mile black dragon about to engulf the sun, then noticing the firearms and firecrackers discharged on the third dust mote orbiting his snack goes "aww, foiled again"! :P

Obviously how threatened a dragon is by firearms depends on the firearm and the dragon.

P.S. Do you ever switch off with the Spike avatar? Do you have a Mogwai avatar as well?

Actually, I understand tha Chinese New Year in general, with its firecrackers commemorates the driving off of a maneating dragon-like monster, by the noise. I guess it wasn't a very smart creatures, or had extremely sensitive ears and decided preying on them was not worth an ear ache from the firecrackers.

Actually, I understand tha Chinese New Year in general, with its firecrackers commemorates the driving off of a maneating dragon-like monster, by the noise. I guess it wasn't a very smart creatures, or had extremely sensitive ears and decided preying on them was not worth an ear ache from the firecrackers.

Chinese legend has it that a huge dragon, called the Nian ("year"), would wander China swallowing whole villages. Every effort to stop it was in vain and they prayed for relief. A monk came to a village and offered to deal with the Nian. He went to the dragon and asked why he was wasting his time eating defenseless humans, when there were much more challenging creatures (such as tigers and other dangerous predators) for him to hunt. The dragon agreed and flew off with the monk.

Later, the monk is reveled to be a Chinese god in disguise. He returns to the village in instructs them to use the colour red, as this color frightens the Nian. :blink:

But you said that dragons were supernaturally intelligent. What's happening now? I guess not all are supernaturally intelligent after all eh? You got some dumb or intelligently challanged dragons. Heh.

Dragons do exist. I have a close friend that has seen several of them, just not on this planet or in this dimension. Most of them were misunderstood for their size and their powers. They finally left after being hunted and killed.

Dragons do exist. I have a close friend that has seen several of them, just not on this planet or in this dimension. Most of them were misunderstood for their size and their powers. They finally left after being hunted and killed.

Welcome to UM Tarishm.

Do you have anything else to add? What planet or dimension are you referring to? What are the characteristics of these dragons? What misunderstandings occurred? I think that the brevity of your statement leaves too much to the imagination.

^Yeah, for example, start with the name of the author of the book you're refering to. I'm sorry...I don't think I get it right. Where did you say you're from again? Mordor? Lorien? Rohan?

I will see her this week and ask her more about them.

I am not sure about the dimension or even if they are on another planet. She said they were scary, LOL, but not at all aggressive. They are also accompanied by a friend from England. I know as much as everyone else that is on here about their life on earth, but I do know that they exist.

We have a tendency to only believe in what we see or told what to believe. We all know that there are things that are invisible and as much as we like to admit it, we are so limited as to what our minds can really comprehend.

I will see her this week and ask her more about them.

I am not sure about the dimension or even if they are on another planet. She said they were scary, LOL, but not at all aggressive. They are also accompanied by a friend from England. I know as much as everyone else that is on here about their life on earth, but I do know that they exist.

We have a tendency to only believe in what we see or told what to believe. We all know that there are things that are invisible and as much as we like to admit it, we are so limited as to what our minds can really comprehend.

i agree with you, fragons do exist in our world, it's just that their supernatural ability makes them invisible to us but they can cause all sorts of happenings. There is more to what the eye can see. In asian cultures, people that goes to forbidden lakes or caves get a curse, then the shaman has to go through a phase of trance to meet with the draqgon and solve the case. trust me people there is more to what the eye can see

^Yeah, for example, start with the name of the author of the book you're refering to. I'm sorry...I don't think I get it right. Where did you say you're from again? Mordor? Lorien? Rohan?

read mines below..........aniways dragons live on earth but in another dimension n earth that humans can't penetrate

read mines below..........aniways dragons live on earth but in another dimension n earth that humans can't penetrate

Well then how do we see them?

i agree with you, fragons do exist in our world, it's just that their supernatural ability makes them invisible to us but they can cause all sorts of happenings. There is more to what the eye can see. In asian cultures, people that goes to forbidden lakes or caves get a curse, then the shaman has to go through a phase of trance to meet with the draqgon and solve the case. trust me people there is more to what the eye can see

Oh! It's good then, finally someone that said it! Yes it's true that our mind is so limited an we can't comprehend what we can believe or see! At last, all this time I thought that Ultraman wasn't exist. Now I do believe they live in NEbula M78!

Oh! It's good then, finally someone that said it! Yes it's true that our mind is so limited an we can't comprehend what we can believe or see! At last, all this time I thought that Ultraman wasn't exist. Now I do believe they live in NEbula M78!

YEP the dragons choose their victom then hypnotize them into the water and drown them , its like they can read your mind and take control of you......yep then shamnas go into a trance and tap into their realm

That "somewhere in Asia" is my country, you!

no no, even in the US. they exist, yep right here in Fresno, California......some lakes in here are haunted by dragons, like during the summer, there are atleast 3 deaths per year, now yall may think that's usual, but drowning while in a life jacket, not usual, and loook all over they lake and see no sign of the body, but the next morning people see the body on a rock or on shore, no blood, no nothing

and the Bible explains how for a price, you could buy your child back from the dragon. .

Please site the book, chapter and verse for this. I am unfamiliar with any such passage, and I never site the Bible without being able to pin point referrences. Please site the location of this passage.

no no, even in the US. they exist, yep right here in Fresno, California......some lakes in here are haunted by dragons, like during the summer, there are atleast 3 deaths per year, now yall may think that's usual, but drowning while in a life jacket, not usual, and loook all over they lake and see no sign of the body, but the next morning people see the body on a rock or on shore, no blood, no nothing

1. Are you joking?

2. That somewhere in Asia where Komodo dragons lives is in Indonesia, my country. Yes it's also in the US, but maybe in the zoo.

1. Are you joking?

2. That somewhere in Asia where Komodo dragons lives is in Indonesia, my country. Yes it's also in the US, but maybe in the zoo.

man you need more of an education, there is more to the eye can see. a little example, your dream. yea your eyes aren't open but you can see just as clear. you can;t feel, touch, and you aren't making your dream, your head just do it, without non of your senses

What you said doesn't make sense. You are saying a person presumably in a lifejacket drowns. And because on the first night, the body isn't found, that somehow equals a dragon got them. :lol: Wow. And the next day a body is found without a lifejacket. Are you suggesting that the dragon stole the lifejacket? Because that is what it sounds like. You are really reaching to suggest a dragon's involvement.

I think it goes more like this. First of all, you don't know these people that drown had on lifejackets. And if they did, maybe they malfunction or weren't wearing them properly. Regardless, you said that the bodies show up without lifejackets. This just means they either lost their lifejacket or they didn't have one on. It literally boggles my mind that you equate a dead body without a lifejacket, to the existance of dragons in the lakes. There is nothing out of the ordinary about a body in a lake without a lifejacket.