Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nebraska Creature

Schnaffler

The creature definitely looks like some type of canid with brindle coloring, with a bobbed tail. (bobbed is what you called it when dog breeds usually have their tails chopped off as pups, right?)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Schnaffler

• Vincent Campion

• Yankneck

• Urisk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The creature definitely looks like some type of canid with brindle coloring, with a bobbed tail. (bobbed is what you called it when dog breeds usually have their tails chopped off as pups, right?)

Docked tails. I think "Bob tails" is an old way of saying it.

I'm going with dog for this creature.

I've done a quick search for this to see if we'd talked about it before, but found nothing, so here goes... A remarkable photographic image has been snapped on the morning of June 13, 2006, in a woman’s backyard in the Midwestern state of Nebraska. KETV-7 in Omaha broadcast the picture on June 14, and it appears to be an animal unlike any most people have seen locally.StoryPhoto of the creaturelinked-imageSo, any ideas?I can't help nut think that the creature's hind legs remind me of a dog. I wouldn't say it had stripes so much as brindle colouring.Brindle colourlinked-imageDog weight pulling - note the shape of the back legs compared to the mystery animal.linked-image
It looks like the back of a starving dog
It could be a shape-shifter in the process of turning from a dog into a human. That's why it looks so strange.
a dog to a human???? <_<
No warg. PITBULL PITBULL PITBULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A DOG a DOG a DOG a DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT THE PHOTO WITH NON CONSPIRITOR EYES
It looks too long to be that
wow... It made news on my birthday, and I was clueless about it! thanks for enlightening me on this! *writes this down on calendar* is it a weird coincidence that it was in the news that day of all days, and that I want to live in Nebraska?
happy birthday!

• 1 month later...

The problem with many of these pictures people post is that we have no way of proving WHERE they were taken. That looks like a baboon to me. The way it's head blends into the bush lets you imagine a different shaped head. I saw the 'cut away' version supposedly showing the shape of the head but the 'ears' were obviously flowers from the bush. This leads me to assume that what is thought of to be the mouth is actually the bush.

Hmmm...from this photo a baboon is certainly a good guess although ferral hybrids can produce strange traits.

This is not a baboon; it looks like a jackal, or fox to me. Defiantly not a baboon.