Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Magazine Website

Magikman

For those of you looking for other, interesting paranormal websites, another good choice would be;

http://www.strangemag.com

Strange magazine was similar to the Fortean Times, but is now only available on-line. However, their main page has links to older articles, newsclippings on the strange and paranormal and other feature stories. There is a lot of interesting information here, i.e.;

Feature on various Lake Monsters, a historical summary of the UFO culture, a discussion of the Patterson - Bigfoot film, the Jersey Devil and much more. You can even sign up for their free email newsletter The Strange Report, and have daily bulletins emailed to you about current paranormal reports.

This is not an attempt to get you to subscribe to their on-line magazine, it seemed a little pricey even to me, but there is free access on the main page to a lot of good information.

One of the feature articles that caught my eye has to do with an area in Mexico called "the zone of silence". It is a desert area approx. 400 miles south of El Paso, Texas that is subject to mysterious and anomoless(?) activity. I'm wondering if there is any other information on this subject. Is anyone else familiar with this area and/or know where I might be able to find further information on it?

Magikman

• 3 months later...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magikman

• Kismit

• reese92

• reese2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup, I do.  Here is just a friendly suggestion.  Get up off your rump and go there and find out for yourself.  Wouldn't that be just about the greatest way to get to the true facts of a situation?  

Reese  :-*

• 2 years later...

I was just hanging out at the strange mag site when I also came across the story on the zone of silence . I have run a couple of searches on terms like Dr. Santiago Garcia , and the sea of Thety's , but I can't find anything on it . Did any body ever find anything else out about this place in the Mexican dessert .

Link

ohmy.gif Gee, aren't I glad that out of the hundreds of fascinating threads I've started over my many years here you had to go and dig this one up? rolleyes.giftongue.gif

I did, however, find an article that gave a detailed and highly competent explanation for the anomolous effects attributed to the 'Zone of Silence', but that was well over a year ago and I can't seem to locate it right now. When I get a bit more free time I'll do a more extensive search and post my results here.

Fortunately for me, I now have a secret weapon with which to counter Reese's malicious attacks against my frail personnage if she dared try again. thumbsup.gif

post-5-1063683247.jpg

Lol MM , I knew you would like this one tongue.gif , seriuosly though I was quite befuddled by the fact that one of your threads didn't appear to have a sensible and reasonable explanation for the strange goings on . I guess the original explanation must have vanished grin2.gif

That is freaking me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't get sassy again, MM........ OK???????????

Does that not freak people out?? I cannot be the only one you people know!!

Kisses MM, but next time just throw out an insult or something... wub.gif

Reese

How did such a strange and internationally-held belief in the Zone of Silence get started? It was deliberately invented to generate tourism and sold to the world via the mass media. Its development is a story worthy of its own dissertation on how information, no matter how erroneous, can spread across the globe and develop from a tall tale into accepted fact.

I particularly liked this piece from the link original.gif

Perhaps it's a Mexican thing . I know I saw el-chupacabara tee-shirts for sale before I had ever heard of one ..

Still perhaps there is something out there that even you can't explain Magik original.gif