Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ley Lines

man_in_mudboots

OK, the only two phenomena i actually believe in on the whole web site are Ley lines and voodoo. they were dicovered by a person named Ley (are you surprised?). he noticed that all the major places on earth (major cities and things) seemed to be connected by lines of greater magnetic pull than the surrondings. there was actually a map made of the ley lines and the places they connect, how ever there is vey little information available on the lines, the map, or Ley himself. main question about these lines are:

how wide are the lines?

why are only certain places connected by them?

is it a coincidence that the lines connect all those major places?

do the lines run thru the earth or do they go only crust deep?

when he noticed this, was ley completly stoned?

Edited by man_in_mudboots

• 2 months later...

I started to look into the ley lines but I got sidetracked. Why do you beleive Voodoo?

i beleive i voodoo for three reasons.

one, i know sombody whos seen it work.

two, every body i know has constantly drilled into my head how it definantly has some sort of power (i live in louisiana, remember, the voodoo capital of the world)

three, it scares the hell out of me, so i guess i subcontiously rationalize my fears by convincing myself im scared of something that is real.

You might look into shamanism. I beleive in it. It may actually help you with that fear.

dig this. its a pretty good link.

this too. its an OK link.

this also. just positivly awesome.

double dig it. so-so link.

society of ley line hunters. and here is the official link for ley line finders. unfortuantly its under construction.

Do you believe in me? crying.gif

I believe in you cougar. Actually my spirit animal is Cougar according to shamanism. So you are a 10 out of 10 in my book from the start. thumbsup.gif

I believe in you cougar. Actually my spirit animal is Cougar according to shamanism. So you are a 10 out of 10 in my book from the start. thumbsup.gif

grin2.gif

Have done much dreamwork..stuff like that.

I know I'm a cougar.. but where silver came from, I donno yet...

hell, if yout think youve got the spirit of a cougar, go ahead. ive got a dragonfly as my spirit animal and my spirit name is Draconith. cool, though i dont know if i believe in it or not. i think i might. or at least i believe in me.

hell, if yout think youve got the spirit of a cougar, go ahead. ive got a dragonfly as my spirit animal and my spirit name is Draconith. cool, though i dont know if i believe in it or not. i think i might. or at least i believe in me.

*noses Mud* It's up for you to decide, and you alone. No one can make you, only show you. Only you can make the decision on what path you want to follow and walk.

Well, my totem animal is dog, my spirit animal is cougar, my spirit guide is usually in hte form of dog though.

if you two wouldnt mind, id like to also have some info on this stuff. although this isnt the topic for it. this is.

if you two wouldnt mind, id like to also have some info on this stuff. although this isnt the topic for it. this is.

hehehe *hugs* sorry

I'll be good now! grin2.gif

*holds up a map*

user posted image

Look! I found a map!!

hehehe *hugs* sorry

I'll be good now!

wow, a nonexistant internet hug! my very first! oh, its probably for sombody else, or a typing mistake that was meant to be 'shrugs'.

anyway, thats a very good map. a caption would be appropriate. i presume its a mp of the leys.

Ley Lines??

seems to be simalir to a theory I read about.

it goes like this: All the ancient sites of mankind (most pyramids, stonehenge ETC...) are in place to correspond to the geometry of our universe and solar system. Oddly enough the theory is that if you were to map these out and give them co-ordinates then convert these co-ordinates so that they were relative on the planet mars you can discover the same sort of ruins in the same relative locations. I was on this site where they used a high power telescope to take pictures of these relative co-ordanites and there were what could be interpreted as ruins in the photograps. although these pictures are of fair quality they are taken from above and the ruins are covered in dust and are weathered so most of them could just be odd natural rock formations. there are some interesting ones though. uppydown.gif

ohmy.gif Whoops, my bad, they didnt use a high powered telescope, they used the Viking map, which is a map of mars made by the first sattelite we put into orbit around mars, Viking I. rolleyes.gif

hehehe *hugs* sorry

I'll be good now!

wow, a nonexistant internet hug! my very first! oh, its probably for sombody else, or a typing mistake that was meant to be 'shrugs'.

anyway, thats a very good map. a caption would be appropriate. i presume its a mp of the leys.

Yes ;P deal. /cackle

And yes it's a map of ley lines!

• 3 months later...

I believe that there is something to these ley lines. There is evidence of the effects of magnetic fields of the brain. Migratory animals may be in tune with these ley lines as well. http://www.gizapyramid.com/Parr/lei-lines.htm

Here's a skeptical view of ley lines.

http://skepdic.com/leylines.html

Check Out info on the Druids from ancient Britain for info on Ley Lines BTW .

Stonehenge and the many other stone monelisks around here like The massive standing stones of Lewis in the Scottish Isles are all built "supposedly" around Ley Lines.

BTW Louisiana the Voodoo capital of the world? Whilst it may be quite widesread i think places like the West INdies and Carribean take that Crown mate lol.

Someone told me how to make a ley line, but I am going to have to go to that site and look it up. They are lines of energy, magnetic fields, sharks can see them, birds use them. Just because we don't see them doesn't mean they exist.

Voodoo, witchcraft it all is the same and it works. It has something to do with quatum physics. Read the Holographic Universe by Michael Talbert if you truly want to understand it. Voodoo is not all bad, most practioners are actually healers as with witches and shamans. But one must be careful with it, there are a lot of bad acorns out there. They can be backed up by mighty powerful spirits that don't like us.

Edited by Darkwind

I found it, how to make your own ley line. The guy that wrote this has been practicing a long time.

"Quote:

My questions are: do they always have to connect ancient sites? Can they be created?

To the first question: No

Yes, create a ley line by placing five equally spaced standing large stones in a staight line. Plant each stone at least on third into the earth. Ley lines can include other objects such as mountains, buildings or bridges. Natural ley lines are formed under these same circumstance. Five equally space mountains will form a natural line of energy. The energies can be magnetic, electrical, spiritual or can produce other phenomena, such as lights, sounds etc."

Edited by Darkwind

seems to me ley lines would be natural not mapped by us otherwise could'nt we find away to harness the energy? price of gas now that bush resides in that big old house is outrageous. we should start building these lines all over for energy oh yeah the lines are mentioned in the book the da vinci code and you know that guy did a lot of homework before writing it. and how do you find your personal animal?

OK, the only two phenomena i actually believe in on the whole web site are Ley lines and voodoo. they were dicovered by a person named Ley (are you surprised?). he noticed that all the major places on earth (major cities and things) seemed to be connected by lines of greater magnetic pull than the surrondings.

Hi,

Actually, I would indeed be very surprised since Alfred Watkins is credited with there discovery in 1921.

Of course what Watkins did was merely come up with a theory that suggests a number of prehistoric and other ancient sites in the area fell into alignments.

He went on to publish his theories in two books.

It should also be noted that Watkins simply thought these straight lines between these sites were not some sort of earth/mystical energy, were that theory comes from heaven knows, but merely that they were markers along some ancient trade routes.

Look up his book, 'The Old Straight track'

As to being some kind of energy line, for whatever purpose, Paul Deveraux in the late 1970's carried out a 10 yr study, yes thats right a 10 year field study, not a two day excursion...Called The Dragon Project, he used all manner of equipment and techniques, from the highest spec technology available to him down to dowsers and psychics..

He found NO evidence to suggest leylines existed.

The results of the Dragon Project can be found in Paul Devereux's "Places of Power" (1990).

Hope thats of some use.

Teddy. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Hammys Teddy

Stonehenge and the many other stone monelisks around here like The massive standing stones of Lewis in the Scottish Isles are all built "supposedly" around Ley Lines

So it would seem that the ancients were busy tapping old Mother Earth for her natural energy.

These ancient structures are machines....the pyramids, Stonehenge.....Atlantis?

How did we forget about this knowledge? There seems to be some people throughout our present history that had this knowledge, either they were of families that passed the knowledge on through generations, or they stumbled across ancient texts and interpretated them properly.

Nikola Tesla.

http://www.neuronet.pitt.edu/~bogdan/tesla/

http://www.apc.net/bturner/tesla.htm

Ed Leedskalnin

http://www.coralcastle.com/home.asp

http://www.labyrinthina.com/coral.htm

Yes, create a ley line by placing five equally spaced standing large stones in a staight line. Plant each stone at least on third into the earth. Ley lines can include other objects such as mountains, buildings or bridges. Natural ley lines are formed under these same circumstance. Five equally space mountains will form a natural line of energy. The energies can be magnetic, electrical, spiritual or can produce other phenomena, such as lights, sounds etc."

It makes sense to me that objects mounted into the Earth would trap energy. The Earth's magnetic field traps charged particles like a magnet does iron filings. I can't help but wonder if the lay lines are in direct location underneath the earth's magnetic field.

Where as if you drew an Earth on paper, then placed a dipole magnet underneath the earth, poured iron filings on the drawing, the ley lines would be everywhere the iron filing touched your drawing of the Earth.

user posted image

It's interesting to note also that the Earth's magnetic field reverses itself periodically......on a million year scale.

http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/lect/ea...h/magnetic.html

I went to Paul Devereux's web site.

The Dragon Project, latterly the Dragon Project Trust (DPT), was founded in 1977 in order to mount an interdisciplinary investigation into the rumour (existing in both folklore and modern anecdote) that certain prehistoric sites had unusual forces or energies associated with them. The DPT, a loose and shifting consortium of volunteers from various disciplines, conducted many years of physical monitoring at sites in the UK, and other countries. In the end, it was concluded that most stories about "energies" were likely to have no foundation in fact, and in a few cases might be due to mind states and psychological effects produced by certain locations. But hard evidence of magnetic and radiation anomalies was found at some sites, and some questionable evidence of infrared and ultrasonic effects also. In addition, it was found that the kind of locations favoured by megalith builders tended to have a higher than average incidence of unsual lightball phenomena or "earth lights".

Some initial on-site studies were conducted with dowsers and psychics, but results of this work were not published as the research remained incomplete. In 1990, the DPT, with its limited resources, decided to shift the main focus of its work to the study of the interaction between human consciousness and ancient site environments. It has started this broad area of enquiry with a research programme investigating dreaming at selected ancient sacred places. This dreamwork programme, which is being conducted jointly with the Saybrook Institute in San Francisco, and is still ongoing at the time of this writing, is a kind of modern re-visiting of the ancient practice of temple sleep (see Divination).

The basic aim of the programme is to run many dream sessions at just four selected ancient sites: a holy hill in the Preseli range in Wales, and three Cornish sites - a Neolithic dolmen, a Celtic holy well, and an Iron Age underground passage and chamber called a fogou in Cornish dialect and a "souterrain" by archaeologists. Each of these places possesses an interesting geophysical anomaly. The sleep volunteers are drawn from as wide a range of the public as possible. Ages have ranged from teenagers to 70-year-olds. Women volunteers have so far slightly outnumbered men. Work at the Welsh site and the Cornish souterrain has now been completed, though dreams are still being collected at the other two sites. Each volunteer is accompanied by a least one helper who keeps watch while he or she is alseep. When the helper notes a rocking and rolling action beneath the volunteer's closed eyelids, a motion called Rapid Eye Movements ( R.E.M) which denotes dreaming sleep, the sleeper is awoken and a report of any dreams being experienced at that time are tape-recorded in situ. Later, these are transcribed and sent, along with control "home" dreams from each subject, to the Saybrook Institute in San Francisco under the consultancy of Dr Stanley Krippner. There the dreams are subjected to long and painstaking analysis, breaking each one down into a set of designated elements, and are coded. They will ultimately be presented for double-blind judging under scientifically-accepted protocols. The aim is to test if dreams had at these places revealed site-specific components: will there be a statistically significant number of the coded dreams that, in effect, could be identified as relating to the sites they took place at? Is there something about the physical nature of the places that influences dreams experienced at them? For instance, do the geophysical anomalies of the places affect the dreaming mind? ( The DPT had already noted that places with high background radiation can trigger brief, vivid hallucinatory episodes in some subjects - see the Energies entry.) Even more exotically, do these ancient and long-used magico-religious locations have a "memory field" that could be picked up by the dreaming mind? (If so, this might speak to such ideas as Rupert Sheldrake's "morphic resonance".) But the research programme is an experiment, and there may be negative answers to all such questions. The point is to test and see. Even if the experiment does produced a negative result, the DPT will be able to console itself that a unique and important body of dream data has been brought into existence that can be used for other, future research.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 2003, the 10-year long DPT ancient sites dreamwork programme came to a pause if not an end. The beginning of the analysis of the dreams began. An initial academic (peer-reviewed) paper was published in the refereed journal Dreaming in June, and a general article was published in Fortean Times magazine in December.

http://www.pauldevereux.co.uk/

In the end, it was concluded that most stories about "energies" were likely to have no foundation in fact, and in a few cases might be due to mind states and psychological effects produced by certain locations. But hard evidence of magnetic and radiation anomalies was found at some sites, and some questionable evidence of infrared and ultrasonic effects also. In addition, it was found that the kind of locations favoured by megalith builders tended to have a higher than average incidence of unsual lightball phenomena or "earth lights".

I guess his interpation depends on what is ment by "energies". Magnetic and radiation anomalies is that not energy. I don't understand this guys science, first he says there is nothing there and then says there is. I guess i will have to look at the book and see what method he used to come up with his data. Seems like bad science to me. disgust.gif So many books so little time. blink.gif