Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your Experience With Sleep Paralysis

Dark Ang3l

Aight Wsup Everyone

Ive had Sleep Paralysis for about 2-3 years already and it happens to me mostly every single night...Some people who have sleep paralysis gets the

Sh%& scared outta them. Im a person that has no fear to paranomoral demonic or anything scary kind of things. Ive done Bloody mary by myself Ive gone in the woods at like 3 in the morning by myself. I actually wanna see the devil just to see what he looks like lol. I dont know ive been told i have a twisted mind :] but yea I get sleep paralysis all the time and i experiment with it in a way. Everytime it happens ill try to do different things just to see how different the experience will be this time. Theres once where i just didnt fight back and i guess not fighting back makes the SP stronger because my bed shook hard and I saw a dark demonic looking figure hovering over me and I got this urge to fight back and I did and the SP stopped like 5 seconds later. There was once where I was at my cousins house and I was trying to fall asleep in the living room and it was about 3:30 and I was just laying there and the Sp occured but this one was crazy... When i was under the SP The song *Beautiful People* from marilyn manson came on....I tried fighting back and i was able to move my head like barely to the side and my cousins chihuahua was there looking at me...he had red glowing eyes and i was like WTF. It lasted about a minute. When it ended I didnt see his dog anymore and i was like WTF again so i went to my cousins room and he was there sleeping on the bed...and i was like WTF again lol. I have a sh%^ load of crazy SP experiences but I dont wanna type anymore cuz im sure yall wouldnt wanna read anything to big lol. Oh and when i said *fight back* I mean by like trying your hardest to move and break the SP.

If any of yall have SP tell me your experience well if you want.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dark Ang3l

• The_Spartan

• Godofcats

• TragicAngel

man...u were saying u were experimenting with sleep paralysis..how do u do it? i want to meet some demons..the only ones i have met are real life humans!

Aight Wsup Everyone

Ive had Sleep Paralysis for about 2-3 years already and it happens to me mostly every single night...Some people who have sleep paralysis gets the

Sh%& scared outta them. Im a person that has no fear to paranomoral demonic or anything scary kind of things. Ive done Bloody mary by myself Ive gone in the woods at like 3 in the morning by myself. I actually wanna see the devil just to see what he looks like lol. I dont know ive been told i have a twisted mind :] but yea I get sleep paralysis all the time and i experiment with it in a way. Everytime it happens ill try to do different things just to see how different the experience will be this time. Theres once where i just didnt fight back and i guess not fighting back makes the SP stronger because my bed shook hard and I saw a dark demonic looking figure hovering over me and I got this urge to fight back and I did and the SP stopped like 5 seconds later. There was once where I was at my cousins house and I was trying to fall asleep in the living room and it was about 3:30 and I was just laying there and the Sp occured but this one was crazy... When i was under the SP The song *Beautiful People* from marilyn manson came on....I tried fighting back and i was able to move my head like barely to the side and my cousins chihuahua was there looking at me...he had red glowing eyes and i was like WTF. It lasted about a minute. When it ended I didnt see his dog anymore and i was like WTF again so i went to my cousins room and he was there sleeping on the bed...and i was like WTF again lol. I have a sh%^ load of crazy SP experiences but I dont wanna type anymore cuz im sure yall wouldnt wanna read anything to big lol. Oh and when i said *fight back* I mean by like trying your hardest to move and break the SP.

Not trying to be rude.

You probably have schizophrenia or some similar disorder.

man...u were saying u were experimenting with sleep paralysis..how do u do it? i want to meet some demons..the only ones i have met are real life humans!

[/quote

I mean experimenting by like try to do different things when ur under SP like trying not to fight back or having your pet dog in the same room with you whil your under SP see how they react you know.

this happen to me a few times. most times it just feels like i'm rising out of my body and i get scared as hell then i wake up. two times though this happened. i experienced the rising out of my body but when i looked i actually seen myself floating above myself...like seeing what i'm doing then sleeping tossing and turning trying to wake up floating above me....that scares the sh** out of me....it hasn't happen to me in about 2 years though.

oh my bad I didnt know they already had one...

Actually there are quite a few threads on SP on the board...Hunt around in the paranormal board...they will be quite helpful...

this happen to me a few times. most times it just feels like i'm rising out of my body and i get scared as hell then i wake up. two times though this happened. i experienced the rising out of my body but when i looked i actually seen myself floating above myself...like seeing what i'm doing then sleeping tossing and turning trying to wake up floating above me....that scares the sh** out of me....it hasn't happen to me in about 2 years though.

you actually saw yourself floating... Damn... some people tell me its a demon trying to take your soul away but i doubt its that but who knows.

Aight Wsup Everyone

Man! You are not Experimenting With Sleep Paralysis!

In U-M itself there was a thread on Sleep Paralyis under another thread...

A Visit From A Old Hag

also i read about some experiences ....

A woman awakes in the middle of the night terrified. She attempts to sit up but is unable to move. As she glances at the foot of her bed, she thinks she sees a dark shadow; maybe a person in a dark robe, or perhaps only a shadow. In a few minutes, she is able to move and speak, and the "figure" is gone.

This woman experienced what is known as a Mara, which usually happens at night, either during sleep or during a lucid dream, but the experiencee is always wide awake. Paralysis is almost always reported, and the presence of a figure, which some interpret as an angel, a vampire, a ghost, a deceased loved one, an extraterrestrial, and a wide variety of "otherworldly" beings.

A scientifically baffling characteristic of mara's is the bodily changes that can take place to an experiencee. For example, if one experiences a vampire attack, they may discover puncture wounds on ones neck, which may also be bleeding. Those who interpret the event as an alien abduction, may find mysterious cuts, or particles of matter (implants) under their skin. It has been suggested that the power of suggestion was at work, as the mind can convince the body that it has been bitten, and in response, blood vessels may break, causing the effect of a vampire bite, or needle marks. The mara experience is directly influenced by the individuals beliefs. For example, a religious person may interpret such apparition as a heavenly being, while a UFO-believer may describe the figure as an alien entity.

An anonymous lady described a mara experience where she was woken up just after she had fallen asleep. She felt a presence in the room but could not move to confirm the strong sensation, nor could she make any sound. She began to panic and soon saw a dark shadow in the corner of her room approach her. She then felt a weight on her chest and a sharp pain on her neck. A few minutes later, the pain stopped, and she was able to move again. She rushed to the mirror, and found two red swollen spots on her neck but no puncture marks. In an interview, she said, "I don't believe some being visited me. I had seen a vampire movie a few days ago, and I think my mind simply worked that into some sort of realistic dream or something."

Another story was told by a man who said that he woke up in the middle of the night because he had a hard time breathing. When he opened his eyes, he saw a dark being sitting on him, choking him. When he tried to move, he realized that he was paralyzed. In his mind, he envisioned a cross, and immediately, the being vanished, leaving the man gasping for breath. He also does not fully believe that he had an evil visitor in the night. He believes that perhaps his cat laid on his chest or neck, and in his semi-asleep state, his mind created a hallucination of a dark shadow (which he adds, could have been his bunched up bed covers).

Mara experiences vary between cultures. Tales from Europe and Nova Scotia, Canada, describe a similar experience called "hagging", where an old, ugly witch sits on a man's chest. Other cultures describe dark figures, sometimes wearing capes and tall, pointed hats. Still others have feelings of being raped by succubi or the popobawa of Africa. The religious envision angels, while others interpret the "visitation" as that from alien beings or vampires. Skeptics use this fact to conclude that the maras are not real but merely a figment of an over-active imagination.

So beware that you are not experimenting With Sleep paralysis, Something is using you! Watch Out!

Man! You are not Experimenting With Sleep Paralysis!

In U-M itself there was a thread on Sleep Paralyis under another thread...

A Visit From A Old Hag

also i read about some experiences ....

So beware that you are not experimenting With Sleep paralysis, Something is using you! Watch Out!

thats y I put "not exactly experimenting" and how would they be using me...

Happened to me quite a lot when I was young and always the same way. I would "wake up" paralysed and could only move my eyes. It was like there was a clock counting down from 10 to zero in my head. As it counted down it would become more and more difficult to keep my eyes open but I just, in quotes "knew" end quote, that if my eyes were closed when the counter stopped .... I would be dead !!!

Needless to say I always somehow managed to keep my eyes open, despite the struggle.

I am surprised I have not heard other reports of this "clock".

That was my (recurring) stereotypical "sleep paralysis" moments. There were others that were far less clear-cut.

Edited by Uchuujin

When I was young I use to have sleep parlysis a lot just before going to sleep at night.If I was too tired to fight it I would end up being slammed around in my room in the air against the walls.It would begin with a dark rapid shaking in my head,then I would be like speeding through a dark tunnel then I would reach the light of my room where something would be slamming me against the walls of my room.Whenever this happened I was conscience that I needed to wake up but rarely could without a huge struggle.When I got older I was finally able to fight off the SP .As soon as the dark rapid shaking would start I knew what was going to happen and I would force myself to stay awake.It was a pain in the butt because I needed my sleep for school the next day,but I had to keep myself awake or face the consequences.You get sick of being slammed into walls after awhile! :o

When I was young I use to have sleep parlysis a lot just before going to sleep at night.If I was too tired to fight it I would end up being slammed around in my room in the air against the walls.It would begin with a dark rapid shaking in my head,then I would be like speeding through a dark tunnel then I would reach the light of my room where something would be slamming me against the walls of my room.Whenever this happened I was conscience that I needed to wake up but rarely could without a huge struggle.When I got older I was finally able to fight off the SP .As soon as the dark rapid shaking would start I knew what was going to happen and I would force myself to stay awake.It was a pain in the butt because I needed my sleep for school the next day,but I had to keep myself awake or face the consequences.You get sick of being slammed into walls after awhile! :o

haha yea I know how you feel... im trying to go to sleep somtimes for something and it happens and I have to stay awake

hey...

i have also experienced a lot of sleep paralysis during the evenings....

every once in a while.. i'd wake up and the room would feel occupied..

sometimes.. i'd see entitities around .. sometimes .. i would just feel that there is something in the room...

i remember once... i had a conversation with a friend one day at work..

we're always talking about weird sh** and energy ... dreams and stuff....

and he said.. before he goes to sleep.. he always puts on a protective shield... and arms himself... (figuratively)...

he told me if i ever run into any trouble in the astral... then just create a weapon and destroy the trouble...

so... i was experiencing SP one night.. and it was pretty scary.. there were a few forces of what felt like dark energy around me... holding me down...

I managed to pull myself up... and have strength.. (thinking about the conversation i had with my friend...) and then i realized i could create a weapon...

so i created a cheesy lazor kinda gun.. and "shot" all these demons away.... and i was victorious! but at the same time... i felt a larger energy presence on the side of my curtain.... it was a huge towering energy.. looking down... laughing at me... ridiculing my actions.. even though i was successful.

very strange ... but kinda satisfying experience.

SP can be beaten... it just takes positive thought.

That same thing has been happening to me at least twice a month for the past 6 months. It kind of freaked me out at first, but I just tried to remind myself when it happened that there was nothing to be afraid of and that I was just dreaming. Basically, I feel pins and needles in my legs, occasionally the ringing of my ears, and then I will feel myself floating out of my body and trying to escape it. It is probably the strangest sensation I have ever experienced and I have no idea why it keeps happening.

That same thing has been happening to me at least twice a month for the past 6 months. It kind of freaked me out at first, but I just tried to remind myself when it happened that there was nothing to be afraid of and that I was just dreaming. Basically, I feel pins and needles in my legs, occasionally the ringing of my ears, and then I will feel myself floating out of my body and trying to escape it. It is probably the strangest sensation I have ever experienced and I have no idea why it keeps happening.

yeah, i can also say it's the strangest sensation i've ever felt as well

• 1 year later...

Alright, well, I've been lurking around here looking at all the vampire postings when I came across this thread and henceforth decided to join.

I've never really read much about SP; I've only watched a short show on NatGeo about all the strange experiences people have had, but that was a few years and I never once thought it would happen to me! I suppose it was a few months ago though, mm, maybe around April or May? I'm pretty positive it was a Saturday or a Sunday, around noon, when I was waking up BUT when I tried to open my eyes they were unusually heavy- I finally barely got them open when I see a hand, a man's hand and part of his arm coming out from under my bed towards me. His hand was quite pale and he was wearing a suit, from what I could see of his arm, no rings or anything else. It was coming towards me sort of like it wasn't sure if I was there, as it was patting around on the bed like it was looking for something- of course, I'm trying my hardest to scream and wiggle away, but I can't really move, so finally, as it's about to reach me, I try as hard and I possibly can to smack the hand away and succeed! I slam my hand down on the spot where this hand is, and suddenly, it's gone; I can move, sit up, everything. I was slightly freaked out, so of course I went and told my sister, mother, boyfriend and they were all just like, "Oh, you must've still been sleeping!" but I was NOT, in any way, still asleep.

I realize this isn't quite as frightening as most of your other posts, but I figured I'd share anyways.

I had a sleep paralysis experience a couple of weeks ago. was sleeping on my back, woke up, and saw a slowly rotating, many-sided (probably 50-sided) wireframe polygon sphere about 1/2 a foot off the bed, near my thighs. One side looked like it was lit by white fiber optic lights, and the other was glowing a blackish light, but still looked like it was lit by fiber optics.

I could only move my eyes, so I looked at my girlfriend and realized it was sleep paralysis. after about 5 or 6 seconds, it went away, and I was able to move again. I told her about it, and she was happy it wasn't a nightmare :D It was more annoying than anything.

So apparently believers in the Abrahamic religions dream angels and demons, ufo believers see abductions, and atheist nerd electronics tech video gamers see polygons. :(

I wish it would have been a bit more fun; I dream lucidly all the time, so I'm glad I hadn't just changed a dream to a Lord of the Rings style battle against Smaug or something. THAT would have been interesting to see in the bedroom! :gun:

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a few different experiences with this. Happened to me over a two year span. I don't think SP is the same thing for everyone. Some people experience it because of a physical condition, they are waking up before their bodies are, other have a more metaphysical explanation. Mine have always been the latter. Two resulted in trances which I was given messages. But instead of those I'll tell the story of how they started for me. It's a long story, so I'll skip to the part where the SP's occurred.

Quite a few years back I lived in a house with my best friend and my boyfriend. We had lived there for about 6 months. Growing up, I had always had an interest in the occult and paranormal, but nothing scared me. Even a few "encounters" that I had didn't bother me. I had never experienced any type of SP though. There was an event that occurred a week before the first SP that I believe is responsible for it, but for space's sake, I'll skip it. The first night it happened, scared the sh** out of me. I woke and felt like something had me pinned to the bed. Not just that my body was limp and heavy, but that there was actual pressure on me, heavy pressure. I tried to say my boyfriends name to wake him up but my mouth wouldn't move. I tried to make a sound, I couldn't. I tried to "fight" the sensation off, and after a few minutes it finally lifted. I sat up in bed, and tried to figure out what had just happened. I tried to clear my head and then rationalized the occurance as just me being exhausted and it was just a vivid dream. I went back to sleep. I didn't say a word to my boyfriend or my roommate. A couple of nights later it happened again. This time though, when I opened my eyes, I saw the numbers on the digital clock next to my bed. Once again I couldn't move, I tried to make sound, couldn't. I tried to fight, and all I saw was the numbers on the clock, and I watched a couple of minutes tick by as I fought and finally the pressure lifted. I laid there again trying to rationalize, but this time I knew I wasn't asleep, I had watched the clock. I still didn't say anything to anyone though. I was afraid of scaring my boyfriend and I didn't think my roommate would believe me or that she needed to be concerned with it. The very next night, I woke up, startled. I'm not sure what woke me but I instantly knew something was wrong. I heard my boyfriend wimpering and I rolled over to look at him. I grabbed his shoulder and shoved and called his name. Almost instantly he shot up right, a crazed look on his face. I tried to comfort him. I asked if he was having a nightmare and he said no. He said something woke him up and he couldn't move, felt like something was holding him down and he had been trying to say my name for what felt like an hour. We decided to get up and go get some breakfast, over which I told him about my two experiences. We decided to keep it to ourselves and hope that it was nothing. The SPs reoccured again and again over the following two weeks. Sometimes just one of us suffered from what I called "an attack". Sometimes both of us did. A couple of weeks later, I started noticing that my roommate was gone alot and wasn't sleeping in the house. We didn't see each other alot as it was, she had a normal day job, me and my boyfriend worked an overnight shift, so our paths didn't cross often. But it was easy to tell when she hadn't been home. A week went by and she came home to get some clothes. I thought she had met someone and was just sleeping at their place so I plopped on her bed asking her to spill what was new and who he was. She was really aggitated, said there wasn't anyone new, and she was just getting some clothes. I asked if she had been gone because I hadn't noticed her home any in a week. She said she had, and admitted that she was staying at her parents house. I was confused and concerned that maybe I had done something wrong and she was mad at me. She said that wasn't the case at all and I asked why she was staying at her parent's house then. "I dunno, I just can't sleep in this house" she said. Confused, I asked why and she told me about her "experiences", which were the same as mine and my boyfriends. She had been getting "attacked" during the same time as we had.

You are astral projecting. It's not sleep paralysis.

I've had a few different experiences with this. Happened to me over a two year span. I don't think SP is the same thing for everyone. Some people experience it because of a physical condition, they are waking up before their bodies are, other have a more metaphysical explanation. Mine have always been the latter. Two resulted in trances which I was given messages. But instead of those I'll tell the story of how they started for me. It's a long story, so I'll skip to the part where the SP's occurred.

I also had a situation where it happened to me several times over a one year period. Mine involved entities and levitation. My husband also expereinced weird stuff during the same time though it wasn't SP. One night he awoke around 2AM. He felt total fear. He wasn't paralyzed except in the sense that he was too scared to move. He stared at the corner of our bedroom where he could not see a thing but felt a totally malevolent presence looking at him. He did this for 4 hours until the sun began to come up and the fear finally eased. This from a pharmaceutical scientist who doesn't believe in the paranormal! At this time in our lives our house was also "alive" with poltergeist-type activity. The middle of the night vacuuming sessions were the most annoying.

I think you are right that not all SP is the same thing. There is no way REM sleep anomaly can explain the cocktail of phenomena surrounding us at the time.

Abby

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a 25 yr old male and I have experienced SP since my teens. Maybe 16 or 17. My 1st experience was scary to me because I couldn't move, I also heard what sounded like it was raining sand on a drum but more wavy. Kinda hard to describe really. Since then I can't count how many times I've had them. Sometime it would happen multiple times in a sleep session. I've had them so many times that they are like 2nd nature to me. I know the routine. Short bursts of fighting usually breaks me free. I have also had them while sleeping on my back, stomach, and on my side. One thing that sets all my previous episodes apart from my most recent episode is that up until now, i have never felt anyone in the room with me or had someone talk to me.

It was last Monday early in the morning like maybe 4 or 5 am. I work the night shift so this is the usual time I go to sleep. I remember laying on my back and turning over on to my stomach. I remember as soon as I turned on to my stomach I heard a feminine voice say either Hey man or whats up man? Immediately I'm paralyzed with my legs spread out like a v, and I can feel a strong presence in the room with me very close to me actually. I also feel something either jump or sit on the foot my bed by my right foot. I tried to say its just my dog but I locked him out of my room. At this point I'm in panic mode, as my rear is exposed and I don't want to be anally raped. :rolleyes: So I frantically try to get up and I have minimal use of my feet and hands(Basically I can feel my toes moving enough to rub the mattress and I am pushing my body up a few centimeters). I remember yelling out, only it was contained inside my mouth and sounded more like a muffled whimper; as I frantically tried to regain control of myself. When I finally did I was shook to say the least. I stayed up all the way until my Latina mami came to my house around 8am and I told her of my ordeal. She told me to be careful, and that her friend's husband was visited sometime last year by something that would have sex with him at the same time every night. I'm pretty open minded, and before last Monday I would have let science explain my SP, but now I just don't know......I'm a little jumpier than usual now. I also must note that the voice did not sound malevolent in the least. Wasn't really trying to confirm that though either......

Edited by deastineal

I think I'll post here instead of making a new topic. :lol: (I'd wanted to, but then someone brought this one back up, and hey, why not!)

I SP all the time. It's rare that it doesn't happen at least bi-weekly. It would probably be a good idea to talk to someone about that, but I'm getting better with it so it doesn't worry me as much.

This morning I had a minor episode, good thing was I realized what it was before I freaked out. xD I woke up from a dream where my brother and I were waiting for an attack from some giant colony of birds or something. We were sitting out in this big field, and he told me to watch one section of sky, but as I tried turning around I lost sight in my left eye and then the vision in my right got incredibly blurry. I started to freak (in the dream), and when I woke up my vision was still the same. I can even remember poking my eye, but I don't know if that was just me thinking it, or actually doing it. I did manage to turn my head, and looked at my big burgmansia tree sitting behind my chair. By now I realized I was SPing, but then I saw that one of the branches in my tree had turned into a grotesque arm and hand, fumbling with the leaves. I kept telling myself it was just SP, but then the hand fell out of the tree (I even heard it thunk), and forced myself to come out of it. I was determened to NOT let that hand get me. XD So I struggled a bit and jumped out of bed, and went downstairs and fell asleep on the couch. :rofl:

I had a vivid episode of sleep paralysis or a incubus visitation back in the early 90s. Awoke up to a near weightless black man (African/African-American) lying in fetal position on my torso (laying on my back btw). Only his skin was greyish and desiccated, like a re-animated slightly mummified corpse. A demon possessed corpse. I felt its coarse hair rub beneath my chin as it turned its head upwards towards my face. At this moment, I was paralyzed unable to move and the air around me was electrified with palpable terror and but actually woke up to the cries of a frightened infant and those infant cries were issueing from me. I literally woken up while regressing into an infant. I regained enough control of my fear and looked down into the glowing red coals for eyes but the face itself was blurred out (similar to victims and suspects in those crime reality shows) and vaguely malformed. I could just see the closely cut coarse hair of a black man which looked like I could peel like an orange. It opened its mouth and bit gently down on my throat, the teeth felt like dozens of very fine thin needles but didnt pierce the skin. And this thing's mouth didnt feel like human lips but rather bristlely and coarse and leathery quivering snout of a dog or a bat. When I gained enough restraint and began to rise, the apparition or hallucination shot off like a formless black bolt from my bedroom to my bathroom and disappeared.