Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are shadow people ?

UM-Bot

ghoststairs.jpg
Reports of shadow people have existed throughout history. The observer generally reports seeing a dark shadow that resembles the form of a human which appears and moves of its own accord. The figures does not have distinguishable facial features and may be either much smaller or larger than a human.

They are often noticed as movement from the corner of the eye, sometimes disappearing when the observer turns to investigate.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Associated Content
  • Like 2

If anyone is interested click on the link below. Our group, LIPI, went to the Stanley Hotel this past march & we sat through Rosemary Ellen Guiley's shadow people presentation. It was very interesting.

Shadow People

If anyone is interested click on the link below. Our group, LIPI, went to the Stanley Hotel this past march & we sat through Rosemary Ellen Guiley's shadow people presentation. It was very interesting.

Shadow People

Can't say for sure what that was but I never seen a shadow person wearing a flannel shirt and blue jeans.

Any way I do have my own personal shadow person story. I was driving on a busy highway in my home town, and although it was broad daylight I saw this very large human like shadow pass in front of the car in front of me. The driver of that car never slowed down and as they passed through it it dissapeared. Needless to say I'd be very interested in a logical explaination other than I'm crazy ( I know that already).

• 3 months later...

It would appear from this article that your house doesn't necessarily need to be "haunted" to have shadow beings. I wonder that they want from us?

• 6 years later...

I've seen shadow people when my cat passed away two different cats two different shadow people years apart they seem like they were trying to comfort me in time of grief but then again strangely enough the ghost of my former feline friends were there next to the shadow people

Pop along to Nagasaki, Japan and you will see a wall that has been preserved, with shadows burnt into it from people that were caught in the bomb blast.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I awoke during the night in a Hotel in Inverness,Scotland with a shadow being moving toward me with an outstretched hand. I was alerted to this by a women calling out my name which roused me, and as I did so the shadow being dissolved before my eyes. I don't know what the shadow person wanted from me or who the mysterious voice that alerted me to the danger was. I was staying alone in the Hotel that night.

ghoststairs.jpg

Reports of shadow people have existed throughout history. The observer generally reports seeing a dark shadow that resembles the form of a human which appears and moves of its own accord. The figures does not have distinguishable facial features and may be either much smaller or larger than a human.

They are often noticed as movement from the corner of the eye, sometimes disappearing when the observer turns to investigate.

fpiconarticle.gif View: Full Article | Source: Associated Content

That is what they say advanced cataracts do to vision, the way it was described to me once. I don't have them, who knows?

I have seen movement from the corner of my eye before.....but I just put it down to my eyes playing tricks on me...due to tiredness mostly.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I've seen shadow people before. I wondered and asked around and my grand father told me a secrete he wanted to tell me just before he passed away.

He told me..."They are my ex wives who hang around in the darkness and shadows and wait for me to die, just to make sure I am broke when I'm dead. I never told them, I hid all my money in the middle of all those girly mag's I put in the garage. So if I see shadow people hanging around. I know I still have all my money to spend on loose women just before I die."

So I looked at him and said..."Grand father, they already found the money. There just waiting to tell you, so they can see your expression when you have the heart attack."

PS. I'm never getting married...again!

-Sunny.

Shadows2.jpgAn ancient race that stirs up conflict among the younger races of the Galaxy every thousand years or so. The Shadows only move when you're not looking. Edited by Hammerclaw

An ancient race that stirs up conflict among the younger races of the Galaxy every thousand years or so. The Shadows only move when you're not looking.

• Like 1

People have all sorts of ideas about what they are, including hallucinations, aliens, djinn, thoughtforms, beings from another dimension, astral travelers, psychic vampires, demons, etc. I think of it in a sort of Hermetic way. As within, so without. So I do think we bear some responsibility for these things, and I think they are somehow connected to us.

We've had a fair amount of experiences with shadow beings, whatever they are. There are some particular attributes about them...blacker than the room around them, over 6 ft. tall, no discernible facial features, often bedroom invaders, sometimes watchers, sometimes sexually motivated, seem to be interested in electronics, "solid" only when they want to be, sometimes make vibrational noises when they enter a space, move inhumanly fast, can move through walls/ceilings/floors, can move through the air, dissipate when you try to touch them, don't usually vocalize.

Some people are of the mind that they're harmless, but it all depends on your experiences and how comfortable you are. If you want them gone, I've found that the LBRP and Middle Pillar practices work to help balance things out, and you just don't have them around anymore. You have to really want them gone, though. If you're still curious, it's kind of an unspoken invitation.

I think it's probably good to see things how they are, and that might mean that you have to deal with your own inner demons. Sometimes, that's what I think these are...or can become. And although we need to deal with our shadow selves, we don't need to get stuck in a sort of abyss, where everything becomes negative and unbalanced.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

Shadow people are just one form of a shapeshifting transdimensional intelligence that runs on a spectrum from benevolence to evil. An intelligence that can show up any way it wants based on pre-existing templates that are most likely frequency-based. These shapeshifting intelligences possess free will.... just like us.

Shadow entities are just one template of many that they can choose to manifest as. And here I'm talking about those templates that they seem to use more often than not.

Additional info:

The assumption would be that those who choose to show up as a shadow entity are somewhere closer to the malevolent end of a spectrum that runs from benevolence to evil. But in my view, I think that's simplifying things too much and that it's more complicated than that.

Edited by rivendel
  • Like 1

Shadow people are just one form of a shapeshifting transdimensional intelligence. An intelligence that can show up any way it wants based on pre-existing templates that are most likely frequency-based.

Shadow entities are just one template of many that they can choose to manifest as.

The assumption would be that those who choose to show up as a shadow entity are somewhere closer to the malevolent end of a spectrum that runs from benevolence to evil. But in my view, I think that's simplifying things too much and that it's more complicated than that.

I agree its more complicated than generally thought when people group them as one thing. One says ghost one says astral another says alien etc. Different sources can produce the same effect on people or cameras. We are fortunate to live in a time of computers and holographs because we can percieve things are not always what they seem on the surface.

So the truth is there are many different sources of the same visual effects , the complexity is discovering the true source of each. They may appear as the same phenomena but are many different sources of intelligently controlled energy patterns.

• Like 1