Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fat Britney flops on live MTV awards show

thunkerdrone

When Britney first came onto the music scene, my granddaughter and all her friends became "Britney wannabee's"..They did their hair like her, dressed like her, took their microphones and tried to sing like her (ewwww)...She was idolized by teens...Unfortunately she has gotten so much media...they always seem to be where she is when she is screwing up...I didn't see the MTV show, but saw pictures of her and read what happened...I don't think she is fat at all..A different outfit perhaps to emphasize her body to look better, but definitely not fat....It's sad when you think of all she had then and what she has now...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glorybebe

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• She-ra

• thunkerdrone

I thought she looked great!

even when her head was shaven.. I thought it was cool.. but I kinda like different..

It's refreshing to read a comment like that, Billy. I have met so many men who have such high expectations for the women they want to date....gee, I wonder why most of them are still single?

It's refreshing to read a comment like that, Billy. I have met so many men who have such high expectations for the women they want to date....gee, I wonder why most of them are still single?

LOL Glorybebe :lol:

BTW...great post. You too Jody. I get disgusted when I see people start threads like this, with a title such as this one, as I counsel with women who stick their fingers down their throats daily, trying to keep-up with unrealistic images and expectation. It's a very sad state of affairs, and a serious problem in the US. :hmm:

edited for spelling

Edited by Inner Space

BTW...great post. You too Jody. I get disgusted when I see people start threads like this, with a title such as this one, as I counsel with women who stick their fingers down their throats daily, trying to keep-up with unrealistic images and expectation. It's a very sad state of affairs, and a serious problem in the US. :hmm:

edited for spelling

Thank you, I like to make people laugh, I used to want to be a comedian, but I get stage fright. No one would pay to see me standing silently on the stage with big frightened eyes and wringing my hands.LOL

It is a horrible problem, and it is not stopping. I recently picked up the Sears catalogue and there are some models in there that are disgustingly skinny. I have been contemplating writing to Sears and commenting on this, and now that I have read this thread, I am going to write them. They never used to have unrealistic models, they were average builds, now they are faliing into "that" category.

Fashion week has started here in N.Y. and although the models are pretty, their bodies are quite skinny...When I look at pictures of full figure models, their faces and bodies are beautiful...They look so healthy, and carry themselves great...I read where they made one full figure model lose x amount of weight so they could use her in other photo shoots...She got so sick, put the weight back on, plus more that she lost and is now modeling full figure again... :)

Hey glorybebe, I would have come to see your comedy routine... :tu:

Fashion week has started here in N.Y. and although the models are pretty, their bodies are quite skinny...When I look at pictures of full figure models, their faces and bodies are beautiful...They look so healthy, and carry themselves great...I read where they made one full figure model lose x amount of weight so they could use her in other photo shoots...She got so sick, put the weight back on, plus more that she lost and is now modeling full figure again... :)

Hey glorybebe, I would have come to see your comedy routine... :tu:

I would have to be completely hammered to get up and do a routine. The things that come out of my mouth when I am drunk... :blush: I don't drink very often anymore, too many times people would walk up to me and say "I can't believe what you did/said last night." :huh:

Although I am no fan of hers, I do not think that calling her "fat" is fair at all; it is quite tacky and uncalled for. It seems like something the tabloids would have on the cover of their wrags at the checkout aisle of the grocery store. Very few people here would be able to say she is fat without being rather hypocritical. She looks a heck of a lot healthier than she did, and although i didn't care for her style of music or dress, I hope she can get her life back on track at least for the sake of her kids...

Although I am no fan of hers, I do not think that calling her "fat" is fair at all; it is quite tacky and uncalled for. It seems like something the tabloids would have on the cover of their wrags at the checkout aisle of the grocery store. Very few people here would be able to say she is fat without being rather hypocritical. She looks a heck of a lot healthier than she did, and although i didn't care for her style of music or dress, I hope she can get her life back on track at least for the sake of her kids...

One thing that people need to understand is that the break up is hard enough, but when you have carried a child for 9 months, gone through labor and then have the Dad try and tear that child away from you, it will really do a number on your mental and emotional condition. Soe eof these men will not stop until they have completely broken you. Now, I am not saying that is exactly what Britney has gone through, but I am starting to see a little more into her wild life and antics.

One thing that people need to understand is that the break up is hard enough, but when you have carried a child for 9 months, gone through labor and then have the Dad try and tear that child away from you, it will really do a number on your mental and emotional condition. Soe eof these men will not stop until they have completely broken you. Now, I am not saying that is exactly what Britney has gone through, but I am starting to see a little more into her wild life and antics.

So true, howd you be, hookin up, getting married everythings peachy and then K Fed the w%%%%r ups a rolls on out of her life. Thats gotta suck. More so, when the whole world is watching you to. He should stick with one pregnant missus and stop spreading his crusty seed.

Brittany looks great, Id be a screw loose to If I had crap like she's had.

To call her fat just shows stupidity, and that you've been brain washed by what is forced down our throats every day by popular media.

She has had kids and due to her constant alleged drinking she keeps a rather nice figure, honestly I think her a*** looked nice but that's my own preference.

I do think they way she was dressed was uncalled for, she clearly knows what the standards of her profession and the that world calls for no matter how insane and idiotic they may be, she knew she/her camp knew shed be the butt of jokes for that matter but instead of trying to show she has legitimate talent she takes the easy way out and attempts at selling her self through sex and shock value, and that's all that was behind that performance, They know that being "shocking" or "obscene" is going to get peoples attentions and going to get tons of people to tune it, but since they've pushed the limits rather far with stunts like Janet Jackson and the exposed nipple and Britney and Madona kissing plus the endless tasteless music videos and reality TV shows they have desensitized us, nothing is really shocking anymore and if they realise this it's possible that you'll see Britney and a donkey on stage next year.

She couldn't even lip sync well, nor dance.

It looked as if no thought or effort were put into it.

They relied on the fact of knowing she was going to do horrible, anyone who thinks that they actually wanted her to perform well is kidding themselves, they wanted her to be horrible they knew she would be horrible and that was their way of getting high ratings.

She's never going to be able to be seen as a respectable artist with true talent, even though she never really was.

She's way beyond a train wreck.

There's no point in saying she needs help or should go to rehab, if she were to go to rehab she would just be wasting a bed and the time of the staff that could be used on helping someone who actually wants and deserves help.

She's a drug addict/alcoholic and shes deep in the phase of denial and self delusions she wont be brought back unless she hits an extremely severe rock bottom, the judges should see this and maybe take into sight if her kids are taken away from her she might, just maybe want to get help but I doubt it with drug addicts no one else matters but that drink or drug it actually seems like a person to the abuser to give it up would be like losing a loved one , addicts while getting sober will actually go through the stages of grief when they get sober, but like I was saying even her losing her kids wouldn't matter which is sad and pathetic.

It's extremely true what they say for addicts their life style only leads to Jails, Institutions , Or Death and I think anyone with a brain has seen that this has been proven over and over again by seeing all the stars who get caught up in the life style, look at Lindsay Lohan in and out of rehab which is an institution environment, than Paris Hilton going to jail, And Anna Nicole Smith, dead.

But the thing that makes me angry is that these famous people are in no way special they are not the only ones out there dealing with addiction and depression there are millions of "normal" run of the mill people suffering from this that actually want help, and know they need help because they are so very close to losing everything they have if they haven't already, and these people who WANT help, can not get it because they do not have the money and insurance typically only gives 5-7 days in a detox/mental health facility than after their time is up they move down to after care program which typically only last months, I've seen people on hands and knees begging their Dr's to stay and if they can't stay they know they are going to die.

And peoples insurance have a policy where the person with the addiction has had to have at least THREE short term inpatient programs that have failed and lead to a relapse, when most of the people who know they want help ask to go into a long term rehab the first time around, but are pretty much told "oh no, you have to leave, go relapse, come back, leave again, and relapse again, and keep doing so until your insurance will let you go to long term".....That first relapse could be their death, and also the insurance companies count on this method because the statistics say each time a person goes out and does use again the likely hood of them wanting help or living is not likely.

I'm sorry for this rant, but it just annoys me that these people who do not want help get so much attention and get so much money than go to high end rehabs when the people who want the help and are so desperate willing and open for change are the ones who are poor and often ignored.

I think that I have to agree with the majority of the posts here, which say that she looks fine to me.

Sure, her body may have changed from linked-image to linked-image, but correct me if I am wrong, but she has had two kids.

And like what a couple of people have said here, we really cannot attack her without being critical of ourselves as well. Truthfully, how many of us can claim to have bodies like hers? Even before kids? Sure, I maybe wouldn't swap stomachs with her, but I would kill for her calves...

Which brings me to my final point. In the photo from the OP, she was curving her back. Anyone who has done even a little bit of dancing (or in fact has even done excercise) would know that when you curve your bacl backwards, the stomach has to go somewhere. During the video, you could actually tell that her stomach was reasonably flat.

Pity about the costume though...

Edited by when.i.am.queen.

If you think this thread is bad check out this website. http://www.theskinnywebsite.com/site/

It's pathetic.

I think Britney should have surprised everyone and came out with a green mohawk dressed in all leather and did a cover of the Ramones "I want to be sedated." That would have been funny. She should go all punk rock.

Edited by fylgja

Her performance was not good, it was like she wasn't there - like a run through.

However, I think her figure is fine, I read today that she could see herself on the monitors in the room and she ran off stage yelling "I'm fat, I'm fat" - well I don't think she's fat.

edited for spelling

Yes thanks Glory Baby Doll and Inner Space.

I'm not sure if you realize but I once was a model. I lived it. Being a peice of meat (basically) every fault pointed out; what the hell is wrong with your hair today and ewwww you have a pimple; you've wrecked my shoot. Yea I'm 5 foor 10 and was extremely thin for my height back then. I used to pass out on a daily basis because I just wouldn't eat. LOVELY EH?

Well, I was born to be built like Anna Nicole and to be honest she and I have the same body type. So, I'm fat and you know what? I don't care.

Hey if someone doesn't what to talk to me or whatever because of how I look; well screw them. At this point, I don't give a damn.

I'm a cow and I need more cowbells. LMAO (inside joke). Jody

Yes thanks Glory Baby Doll and Inner Space.

I'm not sure if you realize but I once was a model. I lived it. Being a peice of meat (basically) every fault pointed out; what the hell is wrong with your hair today and ewwww you have a pimple; you've wrecked my shoot. Yea I'm 5 foor 10 and was extremely thin for my height back then. I used to pass out on a daily basis because I just wouldn't eat. LOVELY EH?

Well, I was born to be built like Anna Nicole and to be honest she and I have the same body type. So, I'm fat and you know what? I don't care.

Hey if someone doesn't what to talk to me or whatever because of how I look; well screw them. At this point, I don't give a damn.

I'm a cow and I need more cowbells. LMAO (inside joke). Jody

I wanted to be a model, but my older sister said to me"What makes you think you are good enough looking to be a model?" So, I gave up that dream, which I am really glad I did now, all considering. My anorexia was brought on by my brother telling me how "fat" I was. I was 5'7" at the time and 118 lbs. I was a teenager, for crying out loud, my weight would yo yo a little as most girls do. I ended up being told many many times I was pretty, no that I was smart, not that I was funny, just pretty. So, my looks became my identity. I was skinny with waist length auburn hair and blue eyes. That I was the trophy girlfriend in the town I lived in really added to me hiding behind my looks. Add my last relationship that turned VERY abusive, and then the weight I gained with my daughter, which I haven't yet been able to lose...I have not given up, but thought, who cares? I don't NEED to concentrate on my looks. I am ME. Like it or lump it. Maybe this is why I feel sorry for Britney, it was all about her looks. Her voice IMO was/is nothing like Christina A's voice, but Britney was known for being buff and beautiful. That was her identity and she thinks she lost it now, so who is she? She needs to find herself and love herself for who she is, not who people made her to be.

I wanted to be a model, but my older sister said to me"What makes you think you are good enough looking to be a model?" So, I gave up that dream, which I am really glad I did now, all considering. My anorexia was brought on by my brother telling me how "fat" I was. I was 5'7" at the time and 118 lbs. I was a teenager, for crying out loud, my weight would yo yo a little as most girls do. I ended up being told many many times I was pretty, no that I was smart, not that I was funny, just pretty. So, my looks became my identity. I was skinny with waist length auburn hair and blue eyes. That I was the trophy girlfriend in the town I lived in really added to me hiding behind my looks. Add my last relationship that turned VERY abusive, and then the weight I gained with my daughter, which I haven't yet been able to lose...I have not given up, but thought, who cares? I don't NEED to concentrate on my looks. I am ME. Like it or lump it. Maybe this is why I feel sorry for Britney, it was all about her looks. Her voice IMO was/is nothing like Christina A's voice, but Britney was known for being buff and beautiful. That was her identity and she thinks she lost it now, so who is she? She needs to find herself and love herself for who she is, not who people made her to be.

:yes: we all do :yes:

I thought it was originally a good sign that she decided to at least make a come back show.. good sign she was willing and trying to get back on track after the past two years or so. Then, I heard about Spears hearing Silverman's plans of making sick jokes about her kids, after hearing this, she apparently broke down even before she went on. Who wouldn't be upset after having someone calling your kids "mistakes" and "ugly"- making them butt of a joke!!?" She compared their looks to Spear's crotch.... forgodsakes.... In front of entire America too, come on!!

That does explain the "not wanting to be there" attitude during her performance, if you ask me.

and "fat?" Not quite. Bald, few pounds overweight, out of shape, whatever, she is still a beautiful girl...

Gosh, I can't believe I'm actually defending Britney Spears! :huh:

but right is right and wrong is wrong.. Silverman should have kept her mouth shut about those kids.. way over the line.

Edited by Sunni

I thought it was originally a good sign that she decided to at least make a come back show.. good sign she was willing and trying to get back on track after the past two years or so. Then, I heard about Spears hearing Silverman's plans of making sick jokes about her kids, after hearing this, she apparently broke down even before she went on. Who wouldn't be upset after having someone calling your kids "mistakes" and "ugly"- making them butt of a joke!!?" She compared their looks to Spear's crotch.... forgodsakes.... In front of entire America too, come on!!

That does explain the "not wanting to be there" attitude during her performance, if you ask me.

and "fat?" Not quite. Bald, few pounds overweight, out of shape, whatever, she is still a beautiful girl...

Gosh, I can't believe I'm actually defending Britney Spears! :huh:

but right is right and wrong is wrong.. Silverman should have kept her mouth shut about those kids.. way over the line.

I'm actually surprised Silverman hasn't been assassinated or in the very least had the crap kicked out of her. She is really a peice of work herself.

I sometimes think that she actually won't be able to find herself...She has so many issues, and I blame not only her, but everyone she is involved with...Every picture in the papers is of her making a fool of herself....Hanging with that dumb s**t Paris and the others, her underwear problem, carrying drinks in her hand while carrying her baby and so on...It's not bad enough that she has child welfare checking on her, but now she has animal control on her back, about her dog....Checking into rehab., leaving the next day, messy divorce, and the story goes on and on....Sometimes a person can hit rock bottom and wake up...It seems she's done this and is still the same...It's really a shame, because at one time she had that talent and popularity....And personally, i hate the word FAT....It's so demeaning...

I'm actually surprised Silverman hasn't been assassinated or in the very least had the crap kicked out of her. She is really a peice of work herself.

That's you and me both!! I've looked for some kind of appalled reaction by the public, or maybe thru someone somewhere- I'm Surprised, but I don't see it.

I think I'm more disturbed on how people (WE) can just accept what she said so easily.. & let it go!

She compared those kids to their mother's privates. They are babies, good grief......It shouldn't be tolerated. beats the hell out of me.

Talk about Britney all friggin day long for all I care, but keep those kids out.. ya know.

I wouldn't spit on that rotten piece of work if she was on fire-

Edited by Sunni

That's you and me both!! I've looked for some kind of appalled reaction by the public, or maybe thru someone somewhere- I'm Surprised, but I don't see it.

I think I'm more disturbed on how people (WE) can just accept what she said so easily.. & let it go!

She compared those kids to their mother's privates. They are babies, good grief......It shouldn't be tolerated. beats the hell out of me.

Talk about Britney all friggin day long for all I care, but keep those kids out.. ya know.

I wouldn't spit on that rotten piece of work if she was on fire-

Oh, I might spit...somewhere in her vicinity! LOL I can't believe how low that is!

They are innocent children. Even Brit's ex should be up in arms over that, where is he? Why isn't he standing up for his kids?

Ok, I just saw this performance for the first time. It's lackluster to say the very least.

However, for those that think that little girl is chunky you'd have to be high to think that. She's about a size 6 dress size in that video. However, that being said, I'm a size four/six, I'm proud of my figure. There is no way in heck, as a mother and as a self-respecting woman would I have gone out in public wearing that outfit. Perhaps the top and a flirty little skirt, or a cute mini dress. I'd have worn something that flattered my girl curves (and make no mistake, girl curves are tres sexy) not something that made me look like I could couldn't decide whether I was going to the beach in wildly inappropriate swimwear (those boots are going to leave some wicked tan lines! :lol:) or forgot my pants!

That little girl is saddly a mother now and she's got a lot of responsibility, whether she likes it or not. She needs to buck up and figure it out and start taking care of her kids and behaving like a grown up.

It might be worth noting that her parents have a lot to do with her problems today, but I find it highly suspicious that the little "pop tarts" we keep hearing about in celeb news are frequently a product of the Disney Corporation. Brittney and her little sister are, Hillary Duff, Lindsey Lohan, Christina Agulara... all Disney kids. They're pre-packaged, relatively no-talent, 100% pure products of Marketing. They are everything that's BAD about Disney and Disney's long line of exploit tactics in regards to children. Just my humble opinion.

Edited by MissMelsWell

Oh, I might spit...somewhere in her vicinity! LOL I can't believe how low that is!

They are innocent children. Even Brit's ex should be up in arms over that, where is he? Why isn't he standing up for his kids?

HEHA! Yea, come to think of it, it would probably cross my mind--

Does anyone seem to care about these kids? geez! :(