Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fat Britney flops on live MTV awards show

thunkerdrone

linked-image

video of performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtD2acF7p8s

article:

'Stripper' Britney Spears' MTV comeback bombs

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/arti...ombs/article.do

I really hope this is the last time Britney ever gets air time,Ididnt like her then and I dont like her now,She has never written her own songs,she cant even lip synch and her better than thou attitude is for the birds ,Please please someone put her out of her missery,she does not need to be in the eye of the public and influenceing our youth to her lude,drunkeness,and total self rightious behavour,I dont mean too sound mean but this "person" really chapps my hide.she is fat and ugly inside and to me is a has been. :no:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glorybebe

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• She-ra

• thunkerdrone

But the thing that makes me angry is that these famous people are in no way special they are not the only ones out there dealing with addiction and depression there are millions of "normal" run of the mill people suffering from this that actually want help, and know they need help because they are so very close to losing everything they have if they haven't already, and these people who WANT help, can not get it because they do not have the money and insurance typically only gives 5-7 days in a detox/mental health facility than after their time is up they move down to after care program which typically only last months, I've seen people on hands and knees begging their Dr's to stay and if they can't stay they know they are going to die.

And peoples insurance have a policy where the person with the addiction has had to have at least THREE short term inpatient programs that have failed and lead to a relapse, when most of the people who know they want help ask to go into a long term rehab the first time around, but are pretty much told "oh no, you have to leave, go relapse, come back, leave again, and relapse again, and keep doing so until your insurance will let you go to long term".....That first relapse could be their death, and also the insurance companies count on this method because the statistics say each time a person goes out and does use again the likely hood of them wanting help or living is not likely.

I'm sorry for this rant, but it just annoys me that these people who do not want help get so much attention and get so much money than go to high end rehabs when the people who want the help and are so desperate willing and open for change are the ones who are poor and often ignored.

I dont know about the rest of the country but I know in Texas if you want help you can get it, I have been there done that. I was so lost in the drugs I was homeless not a penny to my name but I asked for help and got it didnt cost me a penny and they saved my life I couldnt have done it on my own. I spent about a year in treatement and was offered at no charge another 1-3 years of treatment if necessary. I just wanted to let you know if you want the help it is out there its not just for the rich. Some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life are ex drug addicts, and I stress ex drug addicts.

why in the world do people care so much about these beyond-hyped celebrities? you people act like they are gods or something seriously. whose life are you living? yours or theirs? this damn, god-forsaken invention called the t.v. only inflates their celebrity egos. the mass flock of sheep hang on every move they make, every word they say. it's totally disgusting. what's worse is that a lot of them get paid wayyyyy too much for what they do. hell some of them don't even do anything and still are pampered and treated like royalty. these people are not real. they are plastic, lifeless versions of some delusional fantasy that normal, average, everyday citizens have from time to time.

My my look what I have founf on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

People are taking this too far, I agree with the actor of the video, leave the poor women alone, she is human too.

EDIT: The comments on youtube are really nasty, clearly you can find the rudest people and most evil persons on youtube.

Edited by Alex01

* Shrugs *

She looks perfectly fine to me.

Exactly. She looks damn good for someone who has had two kids in the past 3 years or so, a divorce & a breakdown!!!! Blooming hell, I wouldn't kick her out of bed (apart to make breakfast but if her cooking is like her singing, I'll make it instead!!!!). I wish my wife looked like that after the 4 kids we have!!!!!!! If she did, I doubt we wouild ever leave the bedroom other than to do essentials!!!!

The funny thing is the media claim that Victoria Beckham is good looking!!!! I totally disagree as "Skeletor"/Sticktoria/Twiglet Spice/etc is probably one of the most pig ugly looking women on the planet now with all the weight loss!!!!

Exactly. She looks damn good for someone who has had two kids in the past 3 years or so, a divorce & a breakdown!!!! Blooming hell, I wouldn't kick her out of bed (apart to make breakfast but if her cooking is like her singing, I'll make it instead!!!!). I wish my wife looked like that after the 4 kids we have!!!!!!! If she did, I doubt we wouild ever leave the bedroom other than to do essentials!!!!

The funny thing is the media claim that Victoria Beckham is good looking!!!! I totally disagree as "Skeletor"/Sticktoria/Twiglet Spice/etc is probably one of the most pig ugly looking women on the planet now with all the weight loss!!!!

ahhahaahahahaaaa! That's funny. I shouldn't laugh at that, but I thought she was way too skinny, too.

I really hope this is the last time Britney ever gets air time,Ididnt like her then and I dont like her now,She has never written her own songs,she cant even lip synch and her better than thou attitude is for the birds ,Please please someone put her out of her missery,she does not need to be in the eye of the public and influenceing our youth to her lude,drunkeness,and total self rightious behavour,I dont mean too sound mean but this "person" really chapps my hide.she is fat and ugly inside and to me is a has been. :no:

so you like skeleton chick ? :td:

you and stupid mtv

she look perfect to me (as mom of 2)

I watched a clip because of all the fuss and you know who I thought bombed? Sarah Silverman. What a crock. I heard all those jokes back in like 3rd grade.

Seriously, is that all comedy is these days, stupid penis jokes?

She needs to find herself and love herself for who she is, not who people made her to be.

Possibly the wisest statement in the entire thread.

Thank you for saying that, it made me think

My my look what I have founf on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

People are taking this too far, I agree with the actor of the video, leave the poor women alone, she is human too.

EDIT: The comments on youtube are really nasty, clearly you can find the rudest people and most evil persons on youtube.

Yes, that's Chris Crocker. He's all of myspace.com/chriscrocker. He's whack!

so you like skeleton chick ? :td:

you and stupid mtv

she look perfect to me (as mom of 2)

BUT would you go up on stage in your underware. I wouldn't. A person would need to look perfect to do that. She wasn't. She looked flabby. If she would have covered up just a bit, she would have been fine.

I think some people on this board are taking the "fat comment" personally. SHE IS FINE for a normal person, but she was up on stage and it looked bad.

haha Chris Brown was deff impressed by this performance along with the other celebs who were confused as to why Britney was even on stage

OK.... I am completely lost. Why should we care? The "Cult of Celebrity" is just embarassing, it demeans all of those people who just work for a living. I am not interested in what overpaid and undertalented "entertainers" do. If they have created an "image" for themselves then when that image is no longer maintained why should we care. She cant sing, cant dance, certainly no better than my 9 year old daughter. She was / is just the creation of the media.

oh thank god her "career" (this is a stretch, i think the word career should be reserved for people who actually do the work, not for people who hire the people that do the work) is over. It was like a ten year long car crash on the side of the highway.

i don't know if you saw my topic about a month ago about models and the weight presure. this is no different. in the media/hollywood eyes, she is fat.

That is just it, she is quickly being labeled fat. Personally, I do not think she's fat. Yeah, she's wearing a sequined bikini, and maybe she shouldn't, but she's also in show business. If this was years ago, before her marriage and pregnancies, would she be chastised for wearing that bikini? I wonder at the answers.

And it's true, she had two kids! She still has a nice body, after having two kids. I also have had two kids, and wish my body looked like that. I like to parade around in a sequined bikini.

She's not the only one being labeled fat. Look how quickly Tyra Banks was labeled fat. And she's not in a troubled and messy life situation Britney is in now. Tyra is a strong and vivrant and level headed personality, and I'm glad came back with her rebuttal on that.

And that commont about taking Madonna's advice and adobt it keeps you thin, I take offense! One, Madonna has had two biological kids, and yes, she still has her strong and healthy body. Is it the thinking, that once you have children, you are an undisirable looking individual. Maybe we all should not have kids biologically?

I was disappointed... I was hoping for the old Britney to reappear better than ever.

It's apparent to me she's suffering from some major assed depression. It's either way, she'll be found in a hotel room like Anna Nicole, or she'll spring back better than ever.

& for her and her children's sake, I hope for the latter.

I hope so too, but I see it a different way. I do not want her to go down the same path as Smith, but I do see something, that I am hoping it wrong. I do not see anyone really really helping her. Obviously, forcing her into rehab is not working. It just seems to me, everyone around her is abandening her. I think her marriage really took a toll on her. Wansn't the breakup, because her husband was cheating? I could be wrong, but if not, I think he caused enough damage to her, and I think he should not be in the clear. All of a sudden, he's in the media as a concerned father?? I sure didn't see him concerned for his two other children by someone else? He cheated, and I think that should be noted. I really really think someone should be caring and understanding where Britney is concerned. I wonder if Britney was encouraged to wear that outfit for the VMA's! What if she was pushed too soon to perform, when maybe she really wanted to have more time to heal?

I thought it was originally a good sign that she decided to at least make a come back show.. good sign she was willing and trying to get back on track after the past two years or so. Then, I heard about Spears hearing Silverman's plans of making sick jokes about her kids, after hearing this, she apparently broke down even before she went on. Who wouldn't be upset after having someone calling your kids "mistakes" and "ugly"- making them butt of a joke!!?" She compared their looks to Spear's crotch.... forgodsakes.... In front of entire America too, come on!!

That does explain the "not wanting to be there" attitude during her performance, if you ask me.

and "fat?" Not quite. Bald, few pounds overweight, out of shape, whatever, she is still a beautiful girl...

Gosh, I can't believe I'm actually defending Britney Spears! :huh:

but right is right and wrong is wrong.. Silverman should have kept her mouth shut about those kids.. way over the line.

I saw the scene with Silverman doing that. I remember my first thought being, who does she think she is, she hasn't had kids. And calling them mistakes, live, in front of America?!?!?!? I found that to be wholly insensitive and cruel. I lost all respect for Silverman right there.

Fat are you kidding me? She lookin' good for a mother of two.

Acutally I wouldn't mind it if she had a few more pounds.

The main problem here is she is trying to start her career from

where she left it. She needs to try a more sofistacated role in her

music career. I acutally hate Britney's music, always have.

That's the problem with people in fashion: they consider anyone that

can't fit inside a goldfish bowl "fat". Trust me I know what fat is.

The media makes me sick to my stomach. :angry2:

I saw the scene with Silverman doing that. I remember my first thought being, who does she think she is, she hasn't had kids. And calling them mistakes, live, in front of America?!?!?!? I found that to be wholly insensitive and cruel. I lost all respect for Silverman right there.

WTF. Why would anyone defend this trainwreck? She has put her children in danger a couple of times. She has gone to rehab multiple times. She is an idiot. I don't have pity for the rich girl. Boo Hoo.

Silverman gave her what she deserves.

the truth hurts

True she looks good for lets say an average woman. But performing you have to be stellar. She looked ok, but the performance was sloppy, she seemed out of synch. She cannot rest of her pop star laurels, but has to quit the partying and get back to the hard work of being a performer. Grow up Britt!

WTF. Why would anyone defend this trainwreck? She has put her children in danger a couple of times. She has gone to rehab multiple times. She is an idiot. I don't have pity for the rich girl. Boo Hoo.

Silverman gave her what she deserves.

Oh I agree with you Eric... don't get me wrong here. The thing that UPSETS ME is that apparently what she looks like is deemed FAT. You have any daughters? Well, anyway that's neither here nor there either. I'm just a pig and I have to get over it. Yea, Truth hurts...smacked me into reality!! lol :) It's all good, Jody

Oh I agree with you Eric... don't get me wrong here. The thing that UPSETS ME is that apparently what she looks like is deemed FAT. You have any daughters? Well, anyway that's neither here nor there either. I'm just a pig and I have to get over it. Yea, Truth hurts...smacked me into reality!! lol :) It's all good, Jody

Come on now. Don't say that. I just think stars should be put in their place when they make mistakes.

None us are perfect. I know I am not. I am sure you look great and are a wonderful person. :D

She definatly needed more damn practice, her dancing freaking sucked horribly. And I'll reiterate that yes, she did look really uncomfterable up there and uncoordinated. Her face just kinda said "what the hell am I doing up here?". But she is not fat at all. I think she looked hot as hell, I mean damn, I'd hit it like the fist of an angry God. Seriously, I would wreck her, and I hate Britney, lol. Atleast now she has some damn curves on her bod.

And what does being fat have to do with anything? I love the Glamazons from that one show I can't remember the name of right now, and they're all overweight but they're sexy as hell.

The thing is though, that if Britney didn't like the way her body looked, she should have put on something less skimpy. Man, her career is tottally ****ed though.

what gets me is the hysteria generated by using the word 'fat', straight out of some fake and debunked Gloria Steinem propaganda book quoting false statistics on ten million women starving themselves dead per month or whatever the false

statistic was.

Britney Spears has a fat ego and fat bank account and I'm not sure if it was the fact that she was dressed like a professional dancer/stripper which called more attention to her lifeless performance or vice versa. Maybe her lifeless performance called more attention to her less than appropriate wardrobe selection. She dressed as a dancer, and didn't dance, and looked out of place next to all of the dancers who were in top condition.

For many people the issue is not Britney. Their resentment stems all the way back to Madonna and the entire MTV genre she seems to have started. Britney is the symbol of it, and she makes millions for going up their on stage, kissing Madonna in public, etc., so when she gets built up as some sort of queen (and paid accordingly) and then comes off looking like an amateur , I do not have much sympathy. I think the ideology behind her mindset and mores , and agenda it pushes, is intrinsically quite hateful. meanspirited, and malicious.

Edited by thunkerdrone

what gets me is the hysteria generated by using the word 'fat', straight out of some fake and debunked Gloria Steinem propaganda book quoting false statistics on ten million women starving themselves dead per month or whatever the false

statistic was.

Britney Spears has a fat ego and fat bank account and I'm not sure if it was the fact that she was dressed like a professional dancer/stripper which called more attention to her lifeless performance or vice versa. Maybe her lifeless performance called more attention to her less than appropriate wardrobe selection. She dressed as a dancer, and didn't dance, and looked out of place next to all of the dancers who were in top condition.

For many people the issue is not Britney. Their resentment stems all the way back to Madonna and the entire MTV genre she seems to have started. Britney is the symbol of it, and she makes millions for going up their on stage, kissing Madonna in public, etc., so when she gets built up as some sort of queen (and paid accordingly) and then comes off looking like an amateur , I do not have much sympathy. I think the ideology behind her mindset and mores , and agenda it pushes, is intrinsically quite hateful. meanspirited, and malicious.

I will probably never agree with any other post you ever make, but this one is right on. She built up this image, now she is paying the price.

MTV knew exactly what they were doing when they billed her for the opening act, calling it Brittany's big comeback performance and what-not. MTV expected her to fail miserably and fail she did, miserably. They most likely picked her outfit for her too. That horrible horrible outfit.

As for the fat comments, she is not fat. She looks great for a mother of two. Hell she looks great for 25. She's just not a little teenage girl anymore; she's a grown woman with healthy curves that are hard to flatter in a sequin bikini top.

And Sara Silverman, I really don't like Sara Silverman.