Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
thunkerdrone

Fat Britney flops on live MTV awards show

127 posts in this topic

thunkerdrone
OK I get it now, this is about homos and negros... not just Britney Spears. I knew there must be something else driving these emotional posts, so thunkerdrone how do homos and negros make you feel? *pats hand on leather couch & takes out pen and notepad* I'm listening....

ask Britney

Siara
Personally i don,t think she,s fat, but she really came back too soon and in the wrong way! She should have taken time to get her life and problems straightened out, get her health and self better, reinvent herself in a more mature way and mabey she would have been welcomed back after showing she,d worked hard and learned something! All she,s proven so far is she,s still a mess! Thats not going to do her, the career or her children any good! :no:

I think you're right. She's basically had the year from hell plus had a second kid. She should have worn some fluttery black lace that left more to our imaginations.

She shouldn't have come out at all if she was too out-of-it to lip sync her own song convincingly.

Britney can get pretty skanky but I prefer her to the Paris Hilton types who are famous only for being rich.

thunkerdrone
Personally i don,t think she,s fat, but she really came back too soon and in the wrong way! She should have taken time to get her life and problems straightened out, get her health and self better, reinvent herself in a more mature way and mabey she would have been welcomed back after showing she,d worked hard and learned something! All she,s proven so far is she,s still a mess! Thats not going to do her, the career or her children any good! :no:

put it this way, compared to Michael Jackson , she is fat.

The Skeptic Eric Raven
If she's fat, then I'm Shamu :mellow:

She is not fat for a normal person at all. SHE IS TO FAT to be gyrating on stage in a bra & panties for a pop star.

Edited by Eric Raven The Skeptic

Siara
put it this way, compared to Michael Jackson , she is fat.

Compared to Machael Jackson that million year old fossil called "Lucy" is fat.

bee
Personally, I think she has lost her mind.

She does seem to be struggling.....I feel sorry for her....it's like 'car-crash celebrity viewing'

seeing someone go into melt-down....in the full glare of publicity.

It didn't start too well though, with the sexy school-girl stuff.

She's not fat.

swtp

I did see your post on the skinny models Sunburst, and i agree Hollywood and the fashion industry have a very twisted view on beauty! And unfortunatly much of society has lapped it up and follows them to their anorexic graves! And i agree with Siara too that she should be wearing something that covers and flatters her more! But mabey her head is still locked into her former image and mabey she thinks that if her performance isn,t all that, the people won,t notice because she,s dressed skimpy and gyrating! If thats what she was thinking,she couldn,t have been more wrong!

III

She's not fat, we actually have a word for her bodyfigure where i come from and it's "erotically chubby" ...

I dunno i'd drop my jaw (followed by other bodily reactions, that i won't draw in further detail) if i saw her coming down the street like that.

Radian

I was disappointed... I was hoping for the old Britney to reappear better than ever.

It's apparent to me she's suffering from some major assed depression. It's either way, she'll be found in a hotel room like Anna Nicole, or she'll spring back better than ever.

& for her and her children's sake, I hope for the latter.

Edited by Sunni

sunburst
I did see your post on the skinny models Sunburst, and i agree Hollywood and the fashion industry have a very twisted view on beauty! And unfortunatly much of society has lapped it up and follows them to their anorexic graves! And i agree with Siara too that she should be wearing something that covers and flatters her more! But mabey her head is still locked into her former image and mabey she thinks that if her performance isn,t all that, the people won,t notice because she,s dressed skimpy and gyrating! If thats what she was thinking,she couldn,t have been more wrong!

yeah, even if you have a little blubber, you need to cover it up. only show skin if you don't have a stomach :tu:

Atheist God
Uhm strippers are cool... Britney isn't a stripper.

I support single moms!

I agree she is far from being a stripper she is just a crazy crack whore who will end up losing everything.

Her career is over and was since the absolutely nasty pic of her snatch and the shaving of the head.

Lt_Ripley
You know, I agree that she looked uncomfortable and all together unprofessional. Definitely a far cry from the Britney we're used to seeing. However, i think the title of this post, "Fat Britney flops on MTV" is really sad. Is she a little out of shape? Yes, but it's really terrible when someone that looks like her is called fat. And we wonder why so many of these stars have eating disorders......

I agree.

Britney looks better than most average American women after having kids. Usually those using words like fat because she isn't heroine 12 year old looking usually have a self esteem issue.

did she bomb? yes. where are all those on the payroll who should have said your not ready for this ?

glorybebe
I agree.

Britney looks better than most average American women after having kids. Usually those using words like fat because she isn't heroine 12 year old looking usually have a self esteem issue.

did she bomb? yes. where are all those on the payroll who should have said your not ready for this ?

I do feel sorry for her, she was pushed into the business by her mother and lost her childhood. She was conditioned to depending on her looks, and if she really thought that she was not looking how her own mental image is, then it would really mess her up. Why can't parents stop pushing their kids into something they may not really want?

MadMachine

Britney disgusts me, but she isn't fat. Just a little out of shape. I mean, she DID have a baby. :blink:

Man, people can be cruel.

Pandora7321
I disgree. If you are an out of shape singer, you don't come on stage wearing bra & panties. You cover up some, so you don't look like a fool. No sympathy for the rich girl. If you don't think her body sold records, then you need to get real. Sex is what sold her not talent.

We are not talking about every day people. We are talking about pop stars. Their looks are what sells. Personally, I think she has lost her mind.

I agree with almost everything you've said. I guess I probably DID sound like a sympathizer for her. In all actuality, I can't stand her. My earlier post was just to say that I just don't think she's fat. And I still don't. Beyonce and Jennifer Lopez are both artists that don't get flack for their curves. Why should Britney? She's a ditzy airhead, but she still looks pretty good for a RECENT mother of two.

Edited by Pandora2173

InnerSpace

Sigh...mindless crap! :hmm:

She-ra
linked-image

video of performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtD2acF7p8s

article:

'Stripper' Britney Spears' MTV comeback bombs

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/arti...ombs/article.do

I am in no way a fan of Britney Spears but good Lord people if that's fat I'm two-ton Hilda. I mean c'mon!!! This is really disturbing to me. Nothing like an article like this to screw with young girls heads about WHAT a healthy normal woman is supposed to look like! Man, I'm fat as crappppppola if this is considered FAT. I'm a freakin PIG.

I'm Italian. I have curves...ok I have large curves...growing up I could NEVER be the skinny little blonde, tiny and almost boy-ish looking....NEVER... 5foot10 big girl...genetically..athletically...

Ok rant over.

So, who the heck is her wardrobe consultant? Did they do that to purposely draw attention to the fact she's put on a bit of weight? ((I still in no way think she looks fat here at all... and those of you who do... well, wow.))

When I read the sourced article this really got my attention:

A source told Us magazine: "She's devastated. She was really nervous and knows she screwed up."

Another insider told American magazine People: "She was extremely nervous. It's been a while since she's done this, and she was performing in front of all her peers, on live TV. She just got out there and froze."

"People who were at rehearsal saw something else. It was good. It really was."

It was meant to her return to showbusiness after months when it looked like she was on the brink of self-destruction.

But her appearance even was a shambles, with critics deriding her return to the stage as "painful and embarrassing".

Yea, so she's had issues; she's had 2 babies; at that appearance was most likely NOT in her best interest. Yeah so she's in the public-eye...let's just talk about anything negative we can find to cut her down and make her look bad. GET REAL PEOPLE! Look at people around you. If someone judges based on bodily appearance then screw them... that's NOT what life is all about.

Man this fat thing is really bothering me. You know all the pic's you see in magazines? They are all fake and air brushed...society has a skewed image on what a normal healthy woman should look like... HELL in the renaissance day's she would be deemed too thin; having a plump statue meant wealth and was very desirable.

From your FAT PIG, WHALE-LOOKING fellow member, Jody (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

stature NOT statue...UGH

Edited by She-ra

Pandora7321

I just heard on the radio this morning that (like mentioned above) her rehearsal was really great. However, she had agreed to do it only if MTV did not allow any jokes about her kids. NOT HER, her kids. Apparently, Sarah Silverman made jokes about her kids and she heard them and was backstage about to literally walk out on the whole performance. They talked her into it and she went out and did a half assed performance.

Now, whether that's true or just her PR people trying to smooth over ANOTHER one of her incidents, who knows? Either way, she still "did it again" after the show by giving everyone yet another crotch shot.

Maybe her PR people should have told her to wear panties instead......

xCrimsonx

"Whats Brittney smoking?" :wacko:

Kids and all............. she looks alright! :w00t:

Unlimited

she has no business dressing like that anymore,,her career?...id say shes about finished..

glorybebe
When I read the sourced article this really got my attention:

Yea, so she's had issues; she's had 2 babies; at that appearance was most likely NOT in her best interest. Yeah so she's in the public-eye...let's just talk about anything negative we can find to cut her down and make her look bad. GET REAL PEOPLE! Look at people around you. If someone judges based on bodily appearance then screw them... that's NOT what life is all about.

Man this fat thing is really bothering me. You know all the pic's you see in magazines? They are all fake and air brushed...society has a skewed image on what a normal healthy woman should look like... HELL in the renaissance day's she would be deemed too thin; having a plump statue meant wealth and was very desirable.

From your FAT PIG, WHALE-LOOKING fellow member, Jody (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

stature NOT statue...UGH

I agree, Jody. After years of eating disorders because of being told I wasn't slim enough, it all caught up to me when I got pregnant and HAD to eat to ensure a healthy baby. I am 5'9" and was 127 lbs. Maybe to some of you that isn't that skinny when you hear that models are my height and taller and 120 lbs. But, you could see all my ribs, my belly was concave, my pelvic bones stuck out no matter what I wore. I feel so sorry for the models, why else do you think they die young or end up adopting? They screw their bodies ups o much they can't have children. When a woman is too skinny for too long she stops having her period, and if that goes ont oo long, then her hormones are totally off. Is that what we want for our kids? When 8 year old girls and boys are stravign themselves so that they are not fat, we really need to take another look at what society is doing to our babies. Personally I can't stand Britney, but I do feel sorry for her. Who wants to be called fat? Women know what babies do to our bodies, maybe some of these male reporters need to wake up.

Pax Unum

her act wasn't very good, considering she had children she looks pretty good, she's not 'fat'... IMO

BlueZone
linked-image

Applause for glorybebe's post!

If you look at the above picture, Britney's stomach is sticking out partly because her back is arched. Basically, the media is trying to turn the fact that Britney's had two kids and has achieved a normal weight into a big pop culture scandal. They need to stop pushing heroin-chique anorexia and back off.

Criticize her choice of costume but don't call her fat..

glorybebe
Applause for glorybebe's post!

If you look at the above picture, Britney's stomach is sticking out partly because her back is arched. Basically, the media is trying to turn the fact that Britney's had two kids and has achieved a normal weight into a big pop culture scandal. They need to stop pushing heroin-chique anorexia and back off.

Criticize her choice of costume but don't call her fat..

LOL, kind of funny, I NEVER would have thought that I would stick up for britney Spears!

Bill Hill

I thought she looked great!

even when her head was shaven.. I thought it was cool.. but I kinda like different..