Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can man create God?

Buddharat

Actually, the new popular science tells you how to have an OBE. It's been in the news lately how scientists have been able to replicate them on demand.

No, they have been able to replicate the ILLUSION of an OBE on demand. Of course thats EXACTLY what I feel all "OBE's" are.

Therefore, I feel that someone may be able to show me the illusion of something, but you can't actually show me anyone of these things FOR REAL. If I ever find myself floating out of my body, I'll try to fly to some place I've never been before. When I get back to my body I'll write down exactly what I found in the place I have never visited. Then I will go there in person and see if my written material is correct. If it is, THEN THAT will be proof to me that I really had an OBE, and not just a dream or a hallucination or what have you.

But let's face it, aint gunna happen.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buddharat

• Devol

• thedeveloper

• 8th_wall

No, they have been able to replicate the ILLUSION of an OBE on demand. Of course thats EXACTLY what I feel all "OBE's" are.

Thing is, that's what I think OBE's are too. So when you ask me to show you an OBE, that's what I'll show you. I believe OBEs, just like alien abductions, are a result of an increased level of DMT, which causes hallucenations. I think, at the end of the day, everything that seems paranormal will be explained by science.

Thing is, that's what I think OBE's are too. So when you ask me to show you an OBE, that's what I'll show you. I believe OBEs, just like alien abductions, are a result of an increased level of DMT, which causes hallucenations. I think, at the end of the day, everything that seems paranormal will be explained by science.

Agreed.

I just want to start this off by saying that this post is not intended to attack any religion at all, it's just a theory that I'm trying to get some feedback on. This is something that has been really interesting me for quite sometime and I'm just curious what other people think. :lol:

That said, I'll start with the background of this theory. As I've seen before, people seem to have the power to manifest ideas; whether it's through magick, prayer, etc; even if it's just on a small scale. It's also been demonstrated, through scientific programs like "Fire the Grid", that mass consciousness experiments have a profound effect and can enact change, thus manifesting the idea they are putting forth.

So, if prayer, magick, mass consciousness experiments are possible (which I personally believe), does this mean we can manifest God?

I know that might seem crazy to some, and maybe even hard to wrap your mind around for others (I know I've been trying to wrap my brain around it for a while), but bear with me a little bit longer. I just want to bring up one example of this: Cthulhu.

Cthulhu is a creation out of the mind of H P Lovecraft, but despite being a fictional creatures, people believe in it. I have even read about how some magick users have gone as far as summoning Cthulhu for this rituals, and things happen announcing it's arrival. So, how could a fictional creature because a possible realistic god? So, I'm going to go a little Neil Gaiman on you here, but I think he's onto something. In his book "American Gods", the old gods were dying out because people didn't believe in them anymore, but new Gods were being created from people starting to believe in them. (I wanted to point out that that idea was in that book before someone says I nicked it ;) ) That's basically the theory that I'm researching and looking to get ideas.

So, I want to say one more time, I'm not trying to challenge any religion, I'm just curious what people think about this theory. I'm hoping it will spark some interesting ideas and thoughts (and I'm also hoping I don't make any enemies or p*** anyone off, cause that's not my intent :unsure: ). Thank you for reading.

~V

all gods are created this way... there's nothing fantastic about your hypothesis.

and i mean ALL GODS (AND GODDESSES)...

So, if prayer, magick, mass consciousness experiments are possible (which I personally believe), does this mean we can manifest God?

I believe in God.....but I am not going to sit and beat around the bush on this one, I may as well get straight to the point

It does seem possible that the God I worship is from the mind...my mind...it could well be something I just convinced myself to be true...after all I cannot see God, I can't hear his vioce like I can with other people....so yes it does seem possible it's in the mind....but however, I am confortable with it, I believe in it, and the more I believe, the stronger my mind gets and the God i follow becomes REALISTIC...if that makes any sense??

God could very well be something that early man made up, in a way to answer his own questions, when he sat wondering....how did we get here?? How was this world that we live in created?? <---as man wan't that advanced, all he could think of..it must be from a magical being...aka GOD...and so God was created <---yea that also makes sense

I think, at the end of the day, everything that seems paranormal will be explained by science.

I'm sure, it's just that some of you won't like those explanations

To bad not a single one of you can show me how I can replicate ANYTHING considered by the general population to be "supernatural."

I'm open to suggestions. Tell me out to have an OBE, tell me how to see a ghost, tell me how to talk with a spirit, tell me how to float around the room, tell me how to "do a magic spell," and I'll give it a sincere and honest try.

But we all know you wont, and even if you do, nothing will happen.

Pure fantasy.

Maybe so, but we're happy with it. But let me try and direct you on achieving an OBE...have an '80's model Chevy van travel at appoximately 60 MPH. Stand on the shoulder of the road, waiting to cross. Now, have the van turn in a direction that brings it to imact with your body. It's that simple! If you survive, let us know how it went. Take care, now!

I believe in God.....but I am not going to sit and beat around the bush on this one, I may as well get straight to the point

It does seem possible that the God I worship is from the mind...my mind...it could well be something I just convinced myself to be true...after all I cannot see God, I can't hear his vioce like I can with other people....so yes it does seem possible it's in the mind....but however, I am confortable with it, I believe in it, and the more I believe, the stronger my mind gets and the God i follow becomes REALISTIC...if that makes any sense??

God could very well be something that early man made up, in a way to answer his own questions, when he sat wondering....how did we get here?? How was this world that we live in created?? <---as man wan't that advanced, all he could think of..it must be from a magical being...aka GOD...and so God was created <---yea that also makes sense

:tu:

I'm sure, it's just that some of you won't like those explanations

Segregate those masses! You're a bright one! :no:

i think your giving mankind a little too much credit. i think we are capable of many amazing things. the resources of the human mind hasnt even been measured accurately yet.

how could we create "god", though? we cant even define what he is. we cant even create a suitable habitat to live in.

how could we create "god", though? we cant even define what he is. we cant even create a suitable habitat to live in.

It's never been about creating a suitable habitat, it's a matter of cleaning up our own messes and taking care of Mom. Balance, SM.

Tell me, SM, could you define Beowulf for us? What of Hercules? Achilles? It's rather difficult to define a person/entity if all you've got to go on is elaborated literature. Maybe it's time to put the Bible down and study what we can be sure Divinity inspired.

It's never been about creating a suitable habitat, it's a matter of cleaning up our own messes and taking care of Mom. Balance, SM.

Tell me, SM, could you define Beowulf for us? What of Hercules? Achilles? It's rather difficult to define a person/entity if all you've got to go on is elaborated literature. Maybe it's time to put the Bible down and study what we can be sure Divinity inspired.

cleaning up our messes and taking care of mom i would consider effort torwards creating a suitable habitat.

do you believe in a god? because if you dont, i dont understand how you can argue this point. if you do, then never mind. if you automatically discount for the possibility of a god, how can you comment on one?

we cant define god because we are bound to space and time. the bible is simply mankinds attempt to understand gods role in history. mankind attempting to define what god is or his purpose through their interpritations of his actions in their lives. its about gods personal relationship with dead people, so its hard to understand dead mens thoughts.

perhaps you could explain what you are sure that Divinity inspired? im curious.

cleaning up our messes and taking care of mom i would consider effort torwards creating a suitable habitat.

Perhaps I'm, as GW once put it, sensitive to verbiage. "Creating" and "restoring" are just slightly different, after all.

do you believe in a god? because if you dont, i dont understand how you can argue this point. if you do, then never mind. if you automatically discount for the possibility of a god, how can you comment on one?

Oh, I believe in God! However, I can, and most certainly do, argue the likeliness of mankind's confinement of God.

we cant define god because we are bound to space and time. the bible is simply mankinds attempt to understand gods role in history. mankind attempting to define what god is or his purpose through their interpritations of his actions in their lives. its about gods personal relationship with dead people, so its hard to understand dead mens thoughts.

Ah, but you've come to the tip of reality. Cross over sometime, it's really not that bad. Yet, if God is limitless in power and goodness, then why would he condemn a multitude of souls for failing to adhere to "His" ideals? If mankind cannot understand God, why then are we expected to understand "His" rules?

perhaps you could explain what you are sure that Divinity inspired? im curious.

Of course! Nature. Need I explain further?

Perhaps I'm, as GW once put it, sensitive to verbiage. "Creating" and "restoring" are just slightly different, after all.

Oh, I believe in God! However, I can, and most certainly do, argue the likeliness of mankind's confinement of God.

Ah, but you've come to the tip of reality. Cross over sometime, it's really not that bad. Yet, if God is limitless in power and goodness, then why would he condemn a multitude of souls for failing to adhere to "His" ideals? If mankind cannot understand God, why then are we expected to understand "His" rules?

Of course! Nature. Need I explain further?

-maybe "restoring" is a better word.

-god doesnt condemn us, we condemn ourselves. all he asks for is an earnest effort to live righteously. he blessed us with life, we should use it responsibly.

-nature is truly gods canvas. the handiwork of the almighty. it came before we did, and it deserves our respect and love.

-maybe "restoring" is a better word.

-god doesnt condemn us, we condemn ourselves. all he asks for is an earnest effort to live righteously. he blessed us with life, we should use it responsibly.

-nature is truly gods canvas. the handiwork of the almighty. it came before we did, and it deserves our respect and love.

1 I thought so too! :D

2 A few debatable ideas there, but none that will keep us on topic. Perhaps another time, another thread.

3 I thought you'd like that. :tu:

I completely understand where you're going with that. I fear I must not have explained my idea enough though. I'm not talking about just god in the christian or catholic sense, but all gods. If you look at the practice of magick; practitioners call upon a variety of dieties to add them, whether they are Greek gods, Celtic, etc, with good results. From what I hear (because I don't practice using dieties), high level users can actually commune with the dieties. Does this mean all the gods ever believed in all existed and created us? Or does that mean that because people believed in them so much, we infact created them? That's where I'm going with this. I guess in my head I don't take creationism into account.

a GOD, i believe, is a source for people to believe in for hope and answers, i myself, beleive in GOD, yes i believe people can make a GOD by using their imagination. a GOD can be anything humans intend it to be

That's actually something I was thinking about experimenting with. I damn my horrible memory, but I know there was a group of scientists a few years back that was supposed to have created a ghost out of just believing in it. I wish I could remember the group and hopefully, one day I will. It's just something that's really interesting and I was thinking heavily about testing, just to see if I could do it. Thanks for the imput, if at anytime you could provide more information as to the process they went through, I would love to hear it. Thanks!

Even if I knew how they did it I couldn't tell you, it would break trust. It is one of those things that is occulted in Pagan groups. When you get into Paganism you understand why. Study the old African religions is all I can say.

Maybe so, but we're happy with it. But let me try and direct you on achieving an OBE...have an '80's model Chevy van travel at appoximately 60 MPH. Stand on the shoulder of the road, waiting to cross. Now, have the van turn in a direction that brings it to imact with your body. It's that simple! If you survive, let us know how it went. Take care, now!

I think you are confusing OBE with NDE.

I think you are confusing OBE with NDE.

Perhaps, but when I perceived myself outside of my body, looking down at myself and family...I'd chalk that up to OBE. Never found myself in the presence of Divinity, never learned any unknown truths...

Either way, try it! What harm could it do?