Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Evidence

GeneBrowne

Ok guys, this place has been pretty slow lately, I've seen a few trying to spruce it up, and not a whole lot of discussion going on. So what I wanted to try and do is make a topic where people post different pics, vidz and other forms of evidence for everyone else. Also some evidence against the existance of ghosts is also welcome. Just a thought to maybe get some good discussion on the go. I'll go first and I'll post 4 or 5 good pics that I think are good hard evidence towards the arguement that spirits and ghosts in fact do exist, and if there is any documentation with the pic, feel free to post it too.

So I'll post these and then you post some of your own and if you feel at anytime that some are fake please explain why you do so. This could be a good thread if we do some research. Thanks and here's the start.

I love this pic and always have. This intriguing photo, taken in 1919, was first published in 1975 by Sir Victor Goddard, a retired R.A.F. officer. The photo is a group portrait of Goddard's squadron, which had served in World War I aboard the HMS Daedalus. (Click the photo at left to see the entire photograph.) An extra ghostly face appears in the photo. In back of the airman positioned on the top row, fourth from the left, can clearly be seen the face of another man. It is said to be the face of Freddy Jackson, an air mechanic who had been accidentally killed by an airplane propeller two days earlier. His funeral had taken place on the day this photograph was snapped. Members of the squadron easily recognized the face as Jackson's. It has been suggested that Jackson, unaware of his death, decided to show up for the group photo.

linked-image

Classic photograph taken in Newby Church, North Yorkshire in the 1960's. It was taken by Reverend KF Lord, who saw nothing at the time the picture was taken. In a TV special on spooky stuff, this was one of three photgraphs given to experts to analyze (the "kneeling ghost" in this collection was another). Funny thing was, this was the picture they though would be fake, due to the ghost's "face". but it was the only one the experts could not explain. One went so far as to say that if there was a real ghost photo, this was it.

linked-image

The most famous ghost photograph of them all - the Brown Lady of Raynam Hall, England. It was taken by two photographers from Country Life magazine who were filming the Hall at the time, and observed the ghost "floating" down a staircase. One of my fav's. The Brown Lady of Raynam Hall. She's still a controversial pic but to me and to a lot of others she was the first pic that got them started in this whole field of study.

linked-image

This photograph was taken by local resident Tony O'Rahilly on 19th November, 1995, as Wem Town Hall burned to the ground. When O'Rahilly took the photo, neither he, nor other onlookers, saw the little girl in the doorway.

linked-image

Here's a weird one for fun. Honestly don't know what to think of this one, and frankly the one on the far left is creepin me out.

linked-image

Anyways ... Feel free to have some fun with this and to post some good convincing pics. If you're just going to come here and say something moronic like "Ghosts is not real, I know for sure" when you don't. :) Thanks all I guess for now. Lets see some good vidz and pics now.

Cheers,

Gene

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeneBrowne

• JustNormal

• She-ra

• The_Spartan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Prepared to be SCARED..muahahahaha

Do you Scare Easily?? Yes or No..try this one!

scared the s*** out of me :angry:

Another little thread rule ... non of thoes ____ (insert own word) videos of people jumping up in the camera and singing out after 20 or 30 seconds. :tu:

Edited by GeneBrowne

Although I do believe in spirits, unfortunately all the photo’s that you showing are far from proof. Most, if not all, could be faked without problem depending on the expert someone takes them to.

Please do not take this response as bashing. Again, I do believe in spirits/ghosts.

First photo: Taken at a date prior to the persons death. No date stamps on photos back them.

Photo two: Photo trickery, pure and simple. Looks liek the same costume that was worn in the film "Scary Movie".

Photo three: A picture of either Jesus Christ or Mary super-imposed over a photo of something else.

Photo four: They say that "nobody saw any little girl". THis does not mean that she did not walk past while the picture was being snapped.

Photo five: This si very common with 1970 amd 1980 camaras. The film does not advance and you take one picture over another.

I would, more than a lot of other, like to see actual proof that there are ghosts, because I do beleive in them.

In fact, I would love to be a person who investigates sightings and/or reports. I would go with the aim of disproving them, but in my heart want to find out it was real. Money does not allow that though, so I am stuck sitting on the side lines looking at what others find.

I do look forward to seeing more photos or videos on this site.

MDF

Curiously, the ethereal entities did not appear during the early period of photography (beginning in 1839): there were no spirit daguerreotypes, ambrotypes or early tintypes. Indeed, not until double exposures were made possible by the advent of photographic paper prints from glass-plate negatives, did the spirits choose to make their photographic debut.

There were, and are, many ways to produce fake spirit photos in addition to double exposures. One technique was used in earlier times when long exposures were necessary. A suitably garbed assistant would slip from behind a curtain, stand briefly, then disappear again, this taking place behind the unaware sitter who was intent on remaining motionless. The result would be a faint, transparent "spirit" image beside the solid posed figure.

Photo four: They say that "nobody saw any little girl". THis does not mean that she did not walk past while the picture was being snapped.

MDF

The picture was taken as the building was burning, so I doubt that a real girl walked by, pausing long enough to have her picture taken, before escaping the fire.

Newby Church and the Brown Lady of Raynam Hall are my all time fav pics :tu: The last pic is weird and I have never seen that one before. Do you reckon there are 8 or 9 people sitting at the table ? :D

Newby Church and the Brown Lady of Raynam Hall are my all time fav pics :tu: The last pic is weird and I have never seen that one before. Do you reckon there are 8 or 9 people sitting at the table ? :D

LOL I couldnt tell either, a few of them look ghostly.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply's guys. Your opinions are welcome.

Gene nice one :tu:. Okay I'm familiar with all but the last one. What's the deal with that one?

It was a family shot taken a while back and when it was developed there were 2 more people showed up that weren't actually there, as you can probably tell from the overlap. A weird pic to say the least, especially the imagine on the far left.... thoes eyes are creepy.

Cheers,

Gene

I haven't been scared like that in a long time. LOL!

Edited by kallisti

scared the s*** out of me :angry:

Muahahahaha..Scared you ..right? hehehe..well even i got scared watching that one!

Gene nice one :tu:. Okay I'm familiar with all but the last one. What's the deal with that one?

LOL This is one strange photo. There is something very wrong with the woman with the big head, and the last female on left she looks SO dead. I cannot figure out who or what that is on the far left? What is going on here?JN- :unsure2:

post-53813-1189930598_thumb.jpg

Another little thread rule ... non of thoes ____ (insert own word) videos of people jumping up in the camera and singing out after 20 or 30 seconds. :tu:

I can't bear those videos - they make watching ANY paranormal video uncomfortable... just in case <_<

There are some great photos there Gene, I've never seen the one with the ladies before.

Here's a photo I found on the net recently, I can't remember where now though, but like the first one you posted it was during war time.

post-52129-1189932744_thumb.jpg

Curiously, the ethereal entities did not appear during the early period of photography (beginning in 1839): there were no spirit daguerreotypes, ambrotypes or early tintypes. Indeed, not until double exposures were made possible by the advent of photographic paper prints from glass-plate negatives, did the spirits choose to make their photographic debut.

There were, and are, many ways to produce fake spirit photos in addition to double exposures. One technique was used in earlier times when long exposures were necessary. A suitably garbed assistant would slip from behind a curtain, stand briefly, then disappear again, this taking place behind the unaware sitter who was intent on remaining motionless. The result would be a faint, transparent "spirit" image beside the solid posed figure.

Sounds like the most logical explanation of "ghosts" in pictures. Thx hazz.

Yeah I saw that and the woman in the middle? Is she the other one?

Yip. The one with the big head LoL.

I can't bear those videos - they make watching ANY paranormal video uncomfortable... just in case <_<

There are some great photos there Gene, I've never seen the one with the ladies before.

Here's a photo I found on the net recently, I can't remember where now though, but like the first one you posted it was during war time.

post-52129-1189932744_thumb.jpg

Thanks Regency. I've never seen that photo you posted, and I thought I've seen all that there is out there. Awesome. Thanks for the pic.

Sounds like the most logical explanation of "ghosts" in pictures. Thx hazz.

It was a really good explanation, and a possible one too. It's good to be skeptical when it comes to the paranormal, and it's when that thing that comes along and changes your mind, when science can no longer explain it, that you really start to believe and understand. I'm sure for all the money in the world that without all my personal experiences that I wouldn't believe either ... but here we are.

Cheers,

Gene

LOL This is one strange photo. There is something very wrong with the woman with the big head, and the last female on left she looks SO dead. I cannot figure out who or what that is on the far left? What is going on here?JN- :unsure2:

Just wait until Barek gets back on Tiesday or Wednesday ... hopefulyl he'll post what he PM'd me. I think he's found something else in the pic, but I'll let him post it. Good to have him back when he does come around ... he's good with the photos.

Gene

i found a youtube link for ghost...Hampton Court Palace Ghost

a compilation from yout tube....some videos really scared me...now i am asking..why the hell did i watch these..

The only pic linked in the OP I've seen a good explanation for was the Brown Lady of Raynham Hall. The Fortean Times wrote an article explaining how the camera had faulty bellows. This presumably caused light to leak in and "the lady" was the result. Here is the uncropped version where you can see a clear halo around the figure, it is usually cropped (as it is above) because (so some say) the halo is thought to make it look less authentic. Though, there is one major flaw in the article, quite possibly first discovered here at UM, where they discuss the film being "obviously shaken on the vertical plane". I'm sure it's easy enough to find extensive discussion about it by doing a search. They confused the design of the staircase with a doubling and vibration issue. Hopefully they're better at studying documentation than they are at studying photographs. :huh:

*I'm not sure if the link won't work or if they just allow limited viewing before registering now, but the link to the Fortean Times article is here. Or google: fortean times brown lady (view "cached" under main link if it asks you to register)

My favorite is Jackson's squadron pic. Even if they found a good explanation I love the story behind it.

i found a youtube link for ghost...Hampton Court Palace Ghost

I think was debunked here a while back. I also think that someone posted the link to show it was faked and I can't find it. I'll see if I can ... but I always liked that video.

another ghost vid..from youtube..but this one comes from a investigation...

The Pink lady

Yeah I seen this video in a documentary that I posted here a while back, maybe a month and a half ago. Pretty freaky when they enhance the photos.

The only pic linked in the OP I've seen a good explanation for was the Brown Lady of Raynham Hall. The Fortean Times wrote an article explaining how the camera had faulty bellows. This presumably caused light to leak in and "the lady" was the result. Here is the uncropped version where you can see a clear halo around the figure, it is usually cropped (as it is above) because (so some say) the halo is thought to make it look less authentic. Though, there is one major flaw in the article, quite possibly first discovered here at UM, where they discuss the film being "obviously shaken on the vertical plane". I'm sure it's easy enough to find extensive discussion about it by doing a search. They confused the design of the staircase with a doubling and vibration issue. Hopefully they're better at studying documentation than they are at studying photographs. :huh:

*I'm not sure if the link won't work or if they just allow limited viewing before registering now, but the link to the Fortean Times article is here. Or google: fortean times brown lady (view "cached" under main link if it asks you to register)

My favorite is Jackson's squadron pic. Even if they found a good explanation I love the story behind it.

I heard that the brown lady was faked, but I was unsure where. I guess that's where it was. I still love the photo though.

Cheers,

Gene

Off to search for some photos.