Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Evidence

GeneBrowne

Muahahahaha..Scared you ..right? hehehe..well even i got scared watching that one!

lol, i was laugh so hard at the stupid ugly girl, hahahahahaha!!!!!!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeneBrowne

• JustNormal

• She-ra

• The_Spartan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only pic linked in the OP I've seen a good explanation for was the Brown Lady of Raynham Hall. The Fortean Times wrote an article explaining how the camera had faulty bellows. This presumably caused light to leak in and "the lady" was the result. Here is the uncropped version where you can see a clear halo around the figure, it is usually cropped (as it is above) because (so some say) the halo is thought to make it look less authentic. Though, there is one major flaw in the article, quite possibly first discovered here at UM, where they discuss the film being "obviously shaken on the vertical plane". I'm sure it's easy enough to find extensive discussion about it by doing a search. They confused the design of the staircase with a doubling and vibration issue. Hopefully they're better at studying documentation than they are at studying photographs. :huh:

That was good to see the uncropped version Episteme, and the link worked fine for me :tu: Whether this pic is fake or not, it's still a great fav of mine because it captures the imagination perfectly with the grand old staircase, it's the perfect setting for a ghost.

Edited by Anvil

The only pic linked in the OP I've seen a good explanation for was the Brown Lady of Raynham Hall. The Fortean Times wrote an article explaining how the camera had faulty bellows. This presumably caused light to leak in and "the lady" was the result. Here is the uncropped version where you can see a clear halo around the figure, it is usually cropped (as it is above) because (so some say) the halo is thought to make it look less authentic. Though, there is one major flaw in the article, quite possibly first discovered here at UM, where they discuss the film being "obviously shaken on the vertical plane". I'm sure it's easy enough to find extensive discussion about it by doing a search. They confused the design of the staircase with a doubling and vibration issue. Hopefully they're better at studying documentation than they are at studying photographs. :huh:

*I'm not sure if the link won't work or if they just allow limited viewing before registering now, but the link to the Fortean Times article is here. Or google: fortean times brown lady (view "cached" under main link if it asks you to register)

My favorite is Jackson's squadron pic. Even if they found a good explanation I love the story behind it.

Hey Epi THANKS!! I liked the original better. Did you see what I saw? more there than meets the eye ;)

Also Gene, I've been fooling around with you last pic (at the table) I'll post what I see. I miss BH :( ok bye, Jody

Ok guys, this place has been pretty slow lately, I've seen a few trying to spruce it up, and not a whole lot of discussion going on. So what I wanted to try and do is make a topic where people post different pics, vidz and other forms of evidence for everyone else. Also some evidence against the existance of ghosts is also welcome. Just a thought to maybe get some good discussion on the go. I'll go first and I'll post 4 or 5 good pics that I think are good hard evidence towards the arguement that spirits and ghosts in fact do exist, and if there is any documentation with the pic, feel free to post it too.

So I'll post these and then you post some of your own and if you feel at anytime that some are fake please explain why you do so. This could be a good thread if we do some research. Thanks and here's the start.

I love this pic and always have. This intriguing photo, taken in 1919, was first published in 1975 by Sir Victor Goddard, a retired R.A.F. officer. The photo is a group portrait of Goddard's squadron, which had served in World War I aboard the HMS Daedalus. (Click the photo at left to see the entire photograph.) An extra ghostly face appears in the photo. In back of the airman positioned on the top row, fourth from the left, can clearly be seen the face of another man. It is said to be the face of Freddy Jackson, an air mechanic who had been accidentally killed by an airplane propeller two days earlier. His funeral had taken place on the day this photograph was snapped. Members of the squadron easily recognized the face as Jackson's. It has been suggested that Jackson, unaware of his death, decided to show up for the group photo.

linked-image

Classic photograph taken in Newby Church, North Yorkshire in the 1960's. It was taken by Reverend KF Lord, who saw nothing at the time the picture was taken. In a TV special on spooky stuff, this was one of three photgraphs given to experts to analyze (the "kneeling ghost" in this collection was another). Funny thing was, this was the picture they though would be fake, due to the ghost's "face". but it was the only one the experts could not explain. One went so far as to say that if there was a real ghost photo, this was it.

linked-image

The most famous ghost photograph of them all - the Brown Lady of Raynam Hall, England. It was taken by two photographers from Country Life magazine who were filming the Hall at the time, and observed the ghost "floating" down a staircase. One of my fav's. The Brown Lady of Raynam Hall. She's still a controversial pic but to me and to a lot of others she was the first pic that got them started in this whole field of study.

linked-image

This photograph was taken by local resident Tony O'Rahilly on 19th November, 1995, as Wem Town Hall burned to the ground. When O'Rahilly took the photo, neither he, nor other onlookers, saw the little girl in the doorway.

linked-image

Here's a weird one for fun. Honestly don't know what to think of this one, and frankly the one on the far left is creepin me out.

linked-image

Anyways ... Feel free to have some fun with this and to post some good convincing pics. If you're just going to come here and say something moronic like "Ghosts is not real, I know for sure" when you don't. :) Thanks all I guess for now. Lets see some good vidz and pics now.

Cheers,

Gene

well, neat pictures.

This is what I find odd about the pic, the head to the left and the woman with the big head whose shoulder clearly sits infront of the other woman :huh:

linked-image

This is what I find odd about the pic, the head to the left and the woman with the big head whose shoulder clearly sits infront of the other woman :huh:

linked-image

You know the head in the middle, the one thats obviously larger then the others and seems to be in front of them.. if you notice, she looks a bit like the black haired woman to the right.. I think maybe shes a cutout, print, painting, something along those lines, of a relative, or maybe the woman to the right as a younger woman.. she seems to be ON the table, not behind it, and it just seems like she might be a decoration... the figure with the red eyes to the left really is creepy though.. might be some blonde haired kid with photo flash red eye.. but its still scarey.

Yes I see those two. I really don't think that's a cut out. It has a transparency. Hmmm. So what about the other guy in the pic I posted? Anyone else notice him? I'm really thinking about buyng some sort of enhancement program. These pic's are way too cool and I'd like something to see heat radiation, ya know? Well. Yea, So, look back to my piccy with the blue circles and see about that third one. Let me know :) Jody

Yes I see those two. I really don't think that's a cut out. It has a transparency. Hmmm. So what about the other guy in the pic I posted? Anyone else notice him? I'm really thinking about buyng some sort of enhancement program. These pic's are way too cool and I'd like something to see heat radiation, ya know? Well. Yea, So, look back to my piccy with the blue circles and see about that third one. Let me know :) Jody

Weird pic isn't it. Wait until barek shows when he gets back. He found something else that I never noticed, and yes i noticed the older gent She-ra. Pretty strange if you ask me ... in the morning when I have more energy and I'm not dog tired I'll search for more. Until then

Cheers,

Gene

Ok ... I wanted to post more pics before I went to bed after all. And I've erased this 2 times now because I'm a moron .... If I get it posted this time I'll go to bed.

ANYWAYS. I got some more info from that family photo that apparently no1 has seen: It's some Austrian Tyrol show. Ghost of a brown woman, with abnormal proportions appearing on the table.

Church of Eastry - Kent 1956 a priest ghost photograph.

linked-image

It has been over 4 years since Hollywood resident and Rock and Roll Historian Brett Meisner first noticed a strange image in the background of a photo taken of him at the gravesite of former Doors’ front man Jim Morrison at the Pere Lachaise Cemetery in Paris, France. After having the photograph and original negative analyzed by dozens of paranormal and photographic experts, there is still little explanation as to how or why the ghostly image appeared in the photo. Some believe it is a forgery, while others simply think it is just a ray of sunlight playing an odd trick on the human eye. For Brett Meisner, the photo has become a black cloud of bad luck hanging over his head, and he is now looking for a way to get rid of this infamous and very controversial piece of rock and roll history.

linked-image

Closer Image:

linked-image

What about thoes ectoplasm pics from the early to mid 1900's? Were they ever proved fake? There is a load around the net and if you look for them you will find some strange and odd things about. Here's one of one of the Fox sisters I think from about 1948. What do you think?

Linky ... pic wont work.

I'll find some more tomorrow I hope, if I'm not too busy. anyone else have any?

Cheers,

Gene

linked-image

Those last two people look like they are part of the wall. Like the wall was decorated with a painting and they aren't actually people at all but part of a mural. That'd explain why they aren't looking at the camera at all.

And I agree that the big woman could be a cut out of some sort.

edited to put my pic in.

Edited by coldethyl

I see what you mean Ethyl, parts really look like a mural. The lightshade above these two with the semi brick wall looks very painting like as well. The dimensions of everything in that photo are so off..

Those two creatures to the right are creepy - no matter what it is! :passifier:

Edited by spiridion

Those two creatures to the right are creepy - no matter what it is! :passifier:

I Agree SP, and in my opinion I dont think its a cut out or decoration. Who goes out to dinner and brings cut outs to sit with them? JN :unsure2:

I Agree SP, and in my opinion I dont think its a cut out or decoration. Who goes out to dinner and brings cut outs to sit with them? JN :unsure2:

People who are at a reunion. I've seen it done before. One sister or brother couldn't make it for what ever reason, so they bring a cut out and send the pictures to the missing relative as a joke.

Or the missing relative sends the cutout as the joke.

It's not unheard of.

Lets take a look at some of these shall we?...

linked-image

this picture is wrong on many levels :( ....B

linked-image

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Whoops, and I meant the two creatures on the LEFT! :whistle: Duh.

Nice to see you back, Barek! :st

Coldethyl, those two creepy figures have glowing eyes and are way too ghastly to be a cardboard cutout of someone's family member. I would lean towards Photoshop before saying they were cardboard. They do have a transparency to them too.

Hi :) ...actually granny with the glowing orange eyes and hair to match is my favorite!

can you say transfiguration ?.....b

linked-image

linked-image

Hi :) ...actually granny with the glowing orange eyes and hair to match is my favorite!

can you say transfiguration ?.....b

linked-image

linked-image

Welcome back. What are these things that you are outlining Barek? What do you think them to be? Becuase the whole picture is apparently full of spooky things.

Cheers,

Gene

Welcome back. What are these things that you are outlining Barek? What do you think them to be? Becuase the whole picture is apparently full of spooky things.

Cheers,

Gene

working on that Gene...I'll get to the big lady later ;) ...

those pics are kind of lame ....but there is alot happening in them I agree....

all I can say is there is very solid evidence in favor of physical mediumship as studied in the 30's by TG Hamilton and like minded members of the spiritualist movement...some clear examples of this were in a recent thread here at UM.....b

halfhandshuffle: led zep-nobodys' fault but mine

Edited by Barek Halfhand

working on that Gene...I'll get to the big lady later ;) ...

those pics are kind of lame ....but there is alot happening in them I agree....

all I can say is there is very solid evidence in favor of physical mediumship as studied in the 30's by TG Hamilton and like minded member of the spiritualist movement...some clear examples of this were in a recent thread here at UM...b

halfhandshuffle: led zep-nobodies' fault but mine

Nice tune there ... Nobodys fault but mine.

Yeah it's hard to find pics these day that aren't lame or worn out. I will do some more searching tonight though when I get a few things taken care of. In the mean time if you have any good links to send me to it'd be appreciated.

Gene

Lets take a look at some of these shall we?...

linked-image

I think that is a jug of beer or wine on the table infront of the red eyed figure, what I'm trying to work out if that is part of the 'mural' or not :hmm:

Edited by Anvil