Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Evidence

GeneBrowne

Does anyone remember this picture being posted awhile back, where it mentioned that the lady with the big head was supposingly a deceased relative who showed up in the picture...For some reason that's ringing a bell with me...Hey B, welcome back...

Edited by goalienan

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeneBrowne

• JustNormal

• She-ra

• The_Spartan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahh here we go, this is better, someone posted this link a little while ago and it seems the OP scrunched the pic a little when posting

Brilliant find!

Now the glowing eyes are obviously glasses and it wasn't a mural at all but an archway!

Excellent!

I still feel like that big headed woman is a cutout.

Brilliant find!

Now the glowing eyes are obviously glasses and it wasn't a mural at all but an archway!

Excellent!

I still feel like that big headed woman is a cutout.

Do you honestly think so Ethyl?

I never considered the possibility of someone being that weird to do that. I still think that it's strange, even more if it is a cutout.

So no1 has anymore pics?

Jeesh. ^_^

Interesting concept Jackal, but no one has a head that large? Yes we can see her shirt thru the beer glasses and the lady to her left is leaning forward. But there is just something wrong with this picture. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I am leaning towards the cardboard cutout theory. A reunion and that person couldn't make it, so they had her photo enlarged poster sized and cutout the head and shoulders, set it on the table in front of them, and took a picture. It looks to me like the "woman" is sitting on the table, instead of next to it, and it looks flat compared to the rest of the people.

Seems to happen a lot.. found this one.. the redhead is a cutout

linked-image

Edited by KyrusRose

LoL. I seen this before. I dunno if it's a fallen angel. It could be some homeless dude asleep in the woods. As well it could be one of their friends doing it just for a set up. Who knows ??? What do you think?

Gene

Yeah I've seen that one before, and all I really see is a pair of eyes.. which could be anything.. a feather on the ground.. wow... >.> Dun really believe that one.

It really does look like a cutout, maybe someone painted it on poster board, cause the face looks a little exaggerated around the lips and the whole thing looks really flat. IMO this is a birthday party for the dark haired woman in the middle and thats a pic of her younger, or its a wake for someone who died and thats a picture of the deceased... Maybe these guys are Irish?! >.> would explain the drinking.. >.>

LMAO...true, true....{I'm Italian AND Irish -- good gawd!!} but good old big head? She had me baffled. Yea, maybe a cut out but she looks transparent when you blow her up. :w00t:

PS: Thanks KR for finding the accurate piccy :):tu:

The Military dude one I've seem a lot and tv shows and stuff...I have to say that one is real, based on what I've seen.

The dude in the forrest...omg so fake...like I said LAST time it was posted.

Yea I do see the cut out possibility now; it's just the cut out's are SO CLEAR...that's my only issue. Big Head has a transparency...oh well maybe it's my eyes.

Good find's everyone :tu:

Oops PE, just saw this:

I think so, they are all fake or anomalous based on my perception.

Okay cool.

Edited by She-ra

LMAO...true, true....{I'm Italian AND Irish -- good gawd!!} but good old big head? She had me baffled. Yea, maybe a cut out but she looks transparent when you blow her up. :w00t:

LOL I wouldnt blow her head up anymore, that could be hazardous to your health... :rolleyes:

Ok. Time for some new ones ... check these out.

linked-image

Story:

Not sure of the date, old... a family picture taken for keepsake. We are not sure what is going on here, there are two figures in the picture that might be ghosts or somehow a flaw in the camera-- but behind the figures is detail of the walls as if there was nothing there. Looks like two ladies. Really old picture and on the original they are as clear as ghosts.

linked-image

This photograph was taken by Scott Pearson, who is a professional photographer.

He admits to being able to "feel" the presence of ghosts.

Scott shared the following story about the above amazingly spooky photo:

"Years ago my brother and his wife and kids moved into a hotel in Gawler, South Australia, a small town north of Adelaide. After carrying out renovations on the building that was built in 1836, strange things started to happen, people started to hear strange things and see the apparition of a small girl and an older man. Being a skeptic I didn't believe it until my brother started to see things as well. All the stories from different people were the same so I got interested, and being a photographer (Weddings etc.) I thought I would have a go at getting something on film. A friend and I stayed in the hotel all night in the section which used to be the Gawler morgue last century before it was turned into a hotel. It was very eerie and I could feel the presence of the spirits or what ever you call them. It was so strong a feeling that it is hard to describe. This photo was taken on 3,200iso speed Kodak TMax film B&W. I also tried inferred film without much success. After developing the film I had a quick look at it and didn't think I had captured anything until a week or so later when I was doing some testing in the dark room and I noticed a negative which looked different than the rest. I made a copy and could not believe it. I then took a copy to every photo expert I could find and they all said it was unexplainable. After the initial carry on about it, we decided to throw them in a draw and forget about it until the local Gawler paper "The Bunyip" contacted me 4 or 5 years later In March 1998."

The photo has been since featured in many newspapers and different Television shows throughout Australia.

linked-image

Story that came with it:

In the picture are myself, my wife and my youngest son. My 14 year old son is behind the camera. The photo was taken in the summer of 2004. No one was in the house at the time of the picture being taken. I had not seen this photo until the other day when my son was thumbing thru a photo album and this ghostly figure caught his attention.

We have absolutely no idea how a ghost would be in our home and quite frankly we were a little freaked out by it. The house was only 4 years old at the time of the photo. We bought it 6 months after being built. We tried to reflect back on our time in this home to see if we could remember any weird incidents that may have taken place but to no avail.

We now longer reside in this house but we are strangely confused by the unknown ghost. We're open to ideas.

linked-image

Rev. Ralph Hardy, a retired clergyman from White Rock, British Columbia, took this now-famous photograph in 1966. He intended merely to photograph the elegant spiral staircase (known as the "Tulip Staircase") in the Queen's House section of the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, England. Upon development, however, the photo revealed a shrouded figure climbing the stairs, seeming to hold the railing with both hands. Experts, including some from Kodak, who examined the original negative concluded that it had not been tampered with. It's been said that unexplained figures have been seen on occasion in the vicinity of the staircase, and unexplained footsteps have also been heard.

linked-image

This photograph of the Combermere Abbey library was taken in 1891 by Sybell Corbet. The figure of a man can faintly be seen sitting in the chair to the left. His head, collar and right arm on the armrest are clearly discernable. It is believed to be the ghost of Lord Combermere.

Lord Combermere was a British cavalry commander in the early 1800s, who distinguished himself in several military campaigns. Combermere Abbey, located in Cheshire, England, was founded by Benedictine monks in 1133. In 1540, King Henry VII kicked out the Benedictines, and the Abbey later became the Seat of Sir George Cotton KT, Vice Chamberlain to the household of Prince Edward, son of Henry VIII. In 1814, Sir Stapleton Cotton, a descendent of Sir George, took the title "Lord Combermere" and in 1817 became became the Governor of Barbados. Today the Abbey is a tourist attraction and hotel.

Lord Combermere died in 1891, having been struck and killed by a horse-drawn carriage. At the time Sybell Corbet took the above photo, Combermere's funeral was taking place some four miles away. The photographic exposure, Corbet recorded, took about an hour. It is thought by some that during that time a servant might have come into the room and sat briefly in the chair, creating the transparent image. This idea was refuted by members of the household, however, testifying that all were attending Lord Combermere's funeral.

linked-image

Mrs. Mabel Chinnery was visiting the grave of her mother one day in 1959. She had brought along her camera to take photographs of the gravesite. After snapping a few shots of her mother's gravestone, she took an impromptu photo of her husband, who was waiting alone in the car. At least the Chinnerys thought he was alone.

When the film was developed, the couple was more than surprised to see a figure wearing glasses sitting in the back seat of the car. Mrs. Chinnery immediately recognized the image of her mother - the woman whose grave they had visited on that day. A photographic expert who examined the print determined that the image of the woman was neither a reflection nor a double exposure. "I stake my reputation on the fact that the picture is genuine," he testified.

linked-image

This photo was taken during an investigation of Bachelor's Grove cemetery near Chicago by the Ghost Research Society (GRS). On August 10, 1991, several members of of the GRS were at the cemetery, a small, abandoned graveyard on the edge of the Rubio Woods Forest Preserve, near the suburb of Midlothian, Illinois. Reputed to be one of the most haunted cemeteries in the U.S., Bachelor's Grove has been the site of well over 100 different reports of strange phenomena, including apparitions, unexplained sights and sounds, and even glowing balls of light.

GRS member Mari Huff was taking black and white photos with a high-speed infrared camera in an area where the group had experienced some anomalies with their ghost-hunting equipment. The cemetery was empty, except for the GRS members. When developed, this image emerged: what looks like a lonely-looking young woman dressed in white sitting on a tombstone. Parts of her body are partially transparent and the style of the dress seems to be out of date.

Other ghosts reportedly seen in Bachelor's Grove include figures in monks' clothes and the spirit of a glowing yellow man.

Well ... lets start discussing shall we?

Cheers,

Gene

Alright lets try another one, shall we.

Ghost lady

from Crystal, location Bartow Florida, Polk County

I was taking some pictures of my pet pig, and by the fence I caught an image of a young lady in a long dress. It looks like her arms are crossed. I am very much into the paranormal. I have seen things all my life, but this time I had a visitor watching. I didn't notice until I saw the pic. She wasn't there at the time, and nothing is by my fence. A lot of people have seen this pic and see a lady. We call her "Ghost Lady." As you can see, she was looking right at me when I was taking the pic. Ghosts are real, whether people want to believe in them or not!

post-58283-1190219645_thumb.jpg

Alright lets try another one, shall we.

I was looking at that one ... but i dont like it much ... could very well be though. I dunno what's behind the enlarged portion of the pic that could be causing a shadow

Edited by GeneBrowne

I was looking at that one ... but i dont like it much ... could very well be though. I dunno what's behind the enlarged portion of the pic that could be causing a shadow

I cropped it, and its a bit interesting..JN

post-53813-1190220315_thumb.jpg

I cropped it, and its a bit interesting..JN

It actually looks like it has dimensions doesn't it? Weird photo. If it wasn't so pixelated you might be able to see some features.

linked-image

Story that came with it:

In the picture are myself, my wife and my youngest son. My 14 year old son is behind the camera. The photo was taken in the summer of 2004. No one was in the house at the time of the picture being taken. I had not seen this photo until the other day when my son was thumbing thru a photo album and this ghostly figure caught his attention.

We have absolutely no idea how a ghost would be in our home and quite frankly we were a little freaked out by it. The house was only 4 years old at the time of the photo. We bought it 6 months after being built. We tried to reflect back on our time in this home to see if we could remember any weird incidents that may have taken place but to no avail.

We now longer reside in this house but we are strangely confused by the unknown ghost. We're open to ideas.

At last! A ghost pic I've never seen! Thank you.. and this one really does look real.. I mean the lines on the window splitting it down the middle and into circles are all centered, but the figure is not, making me believe its not the natural decoration of the door. Its not really a door you would NEED to put a shade behind, and there is no shadow thanks to the cover over the porch... With the doorknob visible, you can tell the figure is about human hight and width.. and the shape is right.. its much too tall to be a large dog, and if it was a Halloween decoration there would be more around and I doubt the family would be wearing shorts. The only thing keeping me from truly believing this one is the fact that I don't know if the person is telling the truth about there not being anyone else in the house. *shrugs* call me a skeptic, I am, but this one is very convincing.

It actually looks like it has dimensions doesn't it? Weird photo. If it wasn't so pixelated you might be able to see some features.

If you look right above the fence, theres a bunch of tree branches, and the long line shadow of the fence stretched across the ground make me think the sun is shining down on the branches just right to make a shadow on the fence.. I do however see a figure in the image, which bothers me.. cause, at least to me, its very clear.. the mind is so cool, it can turn coolaid into peanutbutter!

If you look right above the fence, theres a bunch of tree branches, and the long line shadow of the fence stretched across the ground make me think the sun is shining down on the branches just right to make a shadow on the fence.. I do however see a figure in the image, which bothers me.. cause, at least to me, its very clear.. the mind is so cool, it can turn coolaid into peanutbutter!

Yeah it's clear to me too.

You're right ... but that kool-aid would be awfully hard to drink don't ya think lol. Good pic.

Gene

That's a good find Kyrus! The cutout board theory sounds the most likely to me. It's not logical that the 2 women either side would be sitting with such a gap between them while the others are squeezing together to try and fit in the picture. It suggests that they were aware of it and giving the cutout a space at the table.

linked-image

Edited by Anvil

This one has the same kind of theme, it doesn't make sense that gaps should exist like that for a posed group photo. The entity to the left looks like a woman sitting down along side the other 2 who are seated. The entity to the right looks like a man standing in line on the back row. It could be that for whatever reason these two people were erased/scratched out of the photo.

linked-image

Edited by Anvil

I see the figure also or what could just be shadows on the fence post. Being that the pic is of such bad quality it's hard to draw any firm conclusions from it. One thing though, that does not look like a pig lol and yet it's the clearest part of the photo :mellow: