Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Evidence

GeneBrowne

KyrusRose, I agree, if it's photoshopped they did very good work. The description says it was taken with a camera phone so it's not a double exposure. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Hmm..camera phones can be dodgy, I know mine can be if there is ever so slight movement involved! I do like this picture though :tu:

The light fixture area on the stairs does suggest reflection but could it have migrated sideways from the bright lit area and possibly the 2 characters with it making them appear ghostly?

I have also fiddled around with it in my software and I can't see any obvious evidence of a copy and paste/layer job either.

Edited by Anvil

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeneBrowne

• JustNormal

• She-ra

• The_Spartan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont know whether this has been posted here before..so here it goes

linked-image

looks like mist, but shaped like a bending man or a snow man..with a big nose...note the gardening tools nearby? perhaps the ghost of the gardner ..caught in the act..murdered and buried in the garden...call sherlock !!

linked-image

linked-image

Fascinating!

Well, I was trying to lighten the mood.

I still have a bleeding walrus in my photobucket thanks to someone.... ;)

:innocent:

My biggest question with ghost photos....is, why aren't more of them captured? So many of us take innocent pics all the time and do not come across anything. Why don't they show up on movie films? Why do many seem to be in cemetaries? Now when I leave this life, I hope I do not hang out in a cemetary. I really want to believe some of them. I want the truth to be known. I just don't understand how more aren't captured with the advances in technology now. Now I've caught a few evp's and those are quite interesting. But no ghost photos ever. :(

Well, in my mind a good explanation for this is that spirits that usually stick around are held by some tight bond to a place from when they used to be alive. SO maybe when you are taking pics of the places you are, maybe there were no strong emotions towards the place you are at.

A big theory behind is that the cause of ghosts and spirits is what I had just said, so I'm not making it up.

Maybe you should go to some places that have that creepy feeling or is already known to be haunted and just start taking pics. You're probably going to have better luck there capturing a ghost than say at your home that is completely quiet and newly built.

I'll grab some more pics later on and post them back here. Good discussions guys.

Almost forgot, Coredrill. Nice photos, I was looking at the first one you posted and I dont think I ended up posting it after, but it's a great photo. And the second one does look an awful lot like a gardner doesn't it, even if it is just fog or whatver, I like it.

Cheers,

Gene

linked-image

Does that guy look like hes wearing clown makeup to anyone else? o.O;; I must be losing it...

Been too busy to post new pics, weekend, my house is crawling with kids! I'll get some up on monday!

Okay, personally, the first 5 sitting at the table look good. Then big head, blondie, carrot top and then gramps at the very end of the table. That's my take and I'm sticking to it.
Uh, I see this has already been looked at sorry guys, But here it is. Edit to add So I am a late comer.Look at the one where the link points to, it is a better clearer version. I think the lady on the left, It's not gramps, is alot clearer in the link. So is grandma, she clearly looks like grandma there. It does not look like a murel in the link to me. The big headed lady is still the starnge thing here, I wonder why they call her the brown lady. There is a guy sitting way to the left hand corner but only his arm is in the picture. Barek your pic's are scary. Edited by snappydragon

Does that guy look like hes wearing clown makeup to anyone else? o.O;; I must be losing it...

Been too busy to post new pics, weekend, my house is crawling with kids! I'll get some up on monday!

Yess! yessss! clowns just got very scary!

linked-image

I see a man in a brown hat, glasses and a light-colored moustache. Great find Coredrill!!!

Also,

looks like mist, but shaped like a bending man or a snow man..with a big nose...note the gardening tools nearby? perhaps the ghost of the gardner ..caught in the act..murdered and buried in the garden...call sherlock !!

I looked at this from the other direction. lmao.

I did a little diagram. What do you think??

linked-image

:) Jody

Edited by She-ra

linked-image

Baseball cap maybe? The apparent big nose, I think it's a bill from a cap.

here are some more..pics..i think you have seen them before..perhaps not..

the first one ...ghosts in a high school gym??

linked-image

The first mate of the commercial vessel S.S. Watertown reported seeing two faces floating in the water off the port side of the ship one day in December 1924. This photograph purports to show those two faces floating in the sea alongside the ship.

linked-image

The photographer, Mrs Andrews, was photographing the grave of her daughter who had died one year previously at the age of 17. Note that the child is looking right into the camera. There were no children nearby and she does not recognize the child. Australian Parapsychologist Tony Healy investigated in the late 1990s and found the graves of two young girls in the same area.

linked-image

An old war photograph. what do find that is quite right???

linked-image

and for the grand pic of this moment from me..a real scary ghost....mommy..i am scared!!

linked-image

Edited by coredrill

and for the grand pic of this moment from me..a real scary ghost....mommy..i am scared!!

linked-image

a ghost with a visible foot.

Those are great pics, coredrill! (I do like the toe poking out from under the sheet in the last one) :P I have also wondered why there aren't ghost sin more pics if they do exist.

Great photos Coredrill. I'll have to find some more tonight when I get off work. There's a lot of good pics out there if you look, it's impressive when you look at them all in one thread to see how many different great ones there are.

Gene

another look at the furnace whelp ....

note the detail of the left eye closely (his right)...more P-word?.....b

linked-image

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Dont think I have seen these two on the thread. Ive dont think I have posted a photo on here before so pologies now in case it goes wrong lol

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

Possibly Barek. Possibly .... if not then it's a great capture, but it's almost too good lol. Could be.

Nice photos shayna, I've seen the top one and the bottom one also somewhere else. I like the top one, as it seems like something that someone would take a picture of, an old weird looking tree, only to find a spirit in it. Kinda cool. The bottom one I am unsure about ... I dont really like thoes types of pics, they just dont do it for me, but if it's real it's a damn good shot.

Cheers,

Gene

linked-image

Can I ask... What's the P-word?

I'm guessing Photoshop.

I thought so.... But I will qaurantee it's very real. But everyone is entitled to they're own opinions of it and I respect that.

I thought so.... But I will qaurantee it's very real. But everyone is entitled to they're own opinions of it and I respect that.

Well you've never lied to me before so I will believe you when you say it's real.

And ye, it could be Paradelia, where you make facesand shapes out of different things, which arent what they appear to be ... such as a flame looking like a face.

Gene

So for a quick reminder, here's whats been posted so far. Just for the new readers if they don't want to go through 12 pages of stuff.

I love this pic and always have. This intriguing photo, taken in 1919, was first published in 1975 by Sir Victor Goddard, a retired R.A.F. officer. The photo is a group portrait of Goddard's squadron, which had served in World War I aboard the HMS Daedalus. (Click the photo at left to see the entire photograph.) An extra ghostly face appears in the photo. In back of the airman positioned on the top row, fourth from the left, can clearly be seen the face of another man. It is said to be the face of Freddy Jackson, an air mechanic who had been accidentally killed by an airplane propeller two days earlier. His funeral had taken place on the day this photograph was snapped. Members of the squadron easily recognized the face as Jackson's. It has been suggested that Jackson, unaware of his death, decided to show up for the group photo.

linked-image

Classic photograph taken in Newby Church, North Yorkshire in the 1960's. It was taken by Reverend KF Lord, who saw nothing at the time the picture was taken. In a TV special on spooky stuff, this was one of three photgraphs given to experts to analyze (the "kneeling ghost" in this collection was another). Funny thing was, this was the picture they though would be fake, due to the ghost's "face". but it was the only one the experts could not explain. One went so far as to say that if there was a real ghost photo, this was it.

linked-image

The most famous ghost photograph of them all - the Brown Lady of Raynam Hall, England. It was taken by two photographers from Country Life magazine who were filming the Hall at the time, and observed the ghost "floating" down a staircase. One of my fav's. The Brown Lady of Raynam Hall. She's still a controversial pic but to me and to a lot of others she was the first pic that got them started in this whole field of study.

linked-image

This photograph was taken by local resident Tony O'Rahilly on 19th November, 1995, as Wem Town Hall burned to the ground. When O'Rahilly took the photo, neither he, nor other onlookers, saw the little girl in the doorway.

linked-image

Here's a weird one for fun. Honestly don't know what to think of this one, and frankly the one on the far left is creepin me out.

linked-image

ANYWAYS. I got some more info from that family photo that apparently no1 has seen: It's some Austrian Tyrol show. Ghost of a brown woman, with abnormal proportions appearing on the table.

Church of Eastry - Kent 1956 a priest ghost photograph.

linked-image

It has been over 4 years since Hollywood resident and Rock and Roll Historian Brett Meisner first noticed a strange image in the background of a photo taken of him at the gravesite of former Doors’ front man Jim Morrison at the Pere Lachaise Cemetery in Paris, France. After having the photograph and original negative analyzed by dozens of paranormal and photographic experts, there is still little explanation as to how or why the ghostly image appeared in the photo. Some believe it is a forgery, while others simply think it is just a ray of sunlight playing an odd trick on the human eye. For Brett Meisner, the photo has become a black cloud of bad luck hanging over his head, and he is now looking for a way to get rid of this infamous and very controversial piece of rock and roll history.

linked-image

Closer Image:

linked-image

What about thoes ectoplasm pics from the early to mid 1900's? Were they ever proved fake? There is a load around the net and if you look for them you will find some strange and odd things about. Here's one of one of the Fox sisters I think from about 1948. What do you think?

Linky ... pic wont work.

Gene

linked-image

Crowley Hall, situated in the north of England, was built in the late 19th century. It had originally been built as a hospital and served that purpose until the 1920’s, when it was reformed and renamed as ‘The Crowley Home for the Criminally Insane’. Run by head practitioner Dr. Bernard Leys and his wife Beatrice, it was one of the key centres for mental illness and criminal behavioural studies in the north of England.

Leys ran Crowley Hall for 32 years, before dying in mysterious circumstances during an examination on one of the more seriously deranged inmates at the asylum. It had been claimed that Leys died after being attacked by the inmate whilst carrying out an operation. The inmate had apparently not been fully anaesthetised, and woke during the procedure. In the ensuing chaos, the inmate stabbed Leys in the neck. Official records state however that Leys died of a heart attack while during the operation.

During Leys’ time at the hall, rumours of serious malpractice were rife. Stories spread of experimentation on some of the most violent inmates, including beatings and starvation. Upon Leys’ death, an investigation into the rumours was conducted. However, the findings were inconclusive, as many records of the time had been destroyed when a fire broke out during the investigation.

This photograph was found in the old nurses quarters during renovations.

On the back was written "He has been at it again. Will he ever leave us alone? 1974".

I've never seen this one before. Looks like a pretty good photo, but again could be used for publicity.

linked-image

Yet another that I have not seen before. This is such a curious ghost photograph, taken some time ago in a church in London. The shoes of the ghost that is captured on film are so out of time - at a guess I would say 18th century. Really great, unusual ghost picture.

linked-image

Awww ... look of the kitty. I've never seen this one, but it looks a bit too faked to me. It might not be but there's what the site says about it.

As a total animal lover, I just love this photograph. Check out the transparent kitten to the right of the man's arm. The people who took the picture say she looks like the sister of the kitten in the man's lap. This little cat was killed one month before the photo was taken. Double exposure is ruled out as these are the first pictures taken of the kittens. I love how the kitten in his lap even seems to be looking up at her sister. It's nice to know that our departed animal friends come back for a visit...

linked-image

I first seen this a long time ago when I was first on the lookout for pics and such. Not too much is known about the specifics of this photograph except the couple are now both deceased. To the right of the tree in the upper right-hand corner is a definite misty shape in the form of a human being. Anyone have any info?

Cheers,

Gene