Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would There Be Peace If Thier Was No Religion

Bear's Quest

and you blame relgioin for all the problems and wars in the world? wars begin when you take away what people prize. wars begin when you decide that you know whats right for others.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• northwest

• Skim Milky

• Beckys_Mom

• momentarylapseofreason

and you blame relgioin for all the problems and wars in the world?
No, I AM religious.And besides, why do we hospitalize delusional people? They "have the freedom" to believe whatever they want. Don't they?The only reason religious people aren't hospitalize is because there are to many of them

wars begin when you take away what people prize. wars begin when you decide that you know whats right for others.so, YOU need to be hospitalized, right?

Edited by Skim Milky

Abolishing religion...while it would be fun...wouldn't solve anything. If anything it keeps all the idiots in check.

But thats detrimental to the future of human evolution. We are going to have to cast off these ancient superstitions if we are going to go forward together as a species, not a bunch of groups whose holy book tell them to hate each other.

You will please note that religions have coexisted peacefully wherever there was not a dispute over resources.

It's not only resources, I think fundamentalism does damage to relations between religious groups. More moderate people are more likely to get along, but when people who are so certain that they're right and everyone else is wrong show up, it ruins the balance. Take Israel for example, alot of Arabic countries get along well with Israel, the only ones that dont have either been attacked by Israel or are run by fundamentalist crackpots.

But thats detrimental to the future of human evolution.
Would you please provide proof of this?

We are going to have to cast off these ancient superstitions if we are going to go forward together as a species, not a bunch of groups whose holy book tell them to hate each other.
Please provide proof of this assertion, thank you.

It's not only resources, I think fundamentalism does damage to relations between religious groups.
What evidence do you have for this?

More moderate people are more likely to get along, but when people who are so certain that they're right and everyone else is wrong show up, it ruins the balance.
Isn't the fact that there are always these people with certainty around an indication that moderate stances are not stable?

Someone said that 'Religion is the cause of wars.' I don't think so rather it detered it.

If everyone did as they please without account to thier actions to a higher being, more people would choose to do bad without remorse. To cause wars and maybe an end of life scenario.

Why does anyone think that if there is no religion we're all going to go off the deep end and hurt each other? Why do people have so little faith in themselves? Why is god necessary to be a decent, caring human being?

its not even about that. we have laws to encourage moral decisions. its about peoples freedom to feel and do as they wish. i dont agree with your views, but i dont pretend to have the right or the insight to tell you how you should feel.

Topically, I heard a song today. My supervisor is a good ole country boy, and listens to some hill-billy country station.

This morning a song came on, I have no clue the title or artist, but the lyrics really p***ed me off.

It tells the story of a child, living in a home with her mom & dad, and they "never introduced her to Jesus".

It then goes on telling us how mom & dad are drunks & drug abusers.

It gets worse but thankfully I have blocked most of it out. The end though, tells us that after this girls parents die from their wicked ways, the girl is adopted by 'right-thinking', jesus worshippers who will now give her love & redemption.

I know what you mean, NW. Sorry for "misunderstanding" you from time time.

Don't worry about, my friend, things will be fine

What? Where did you appear from now. It's not you misunderstood me in this topic. It was Milky Silky

What? Where did you appear from now. It's not you misunderstood me in this topic. It was Milky Silky

Misunderstand and "misunderstand" are two very different things, my friend.

Godnight and take care, NW.

I'm sorry, but a lot of people are saying that the root of all wars is resources and money...but do you really think a suicide bomber is blowing himself (or herself to be pc) because they are getting money? People don't blow themselves up for money. They do it because they believe their God wants them too. I'm not saying all wars will end if religion ends, but it would seem that it would cut down on things like that.

Just wanted to add one more thing. When I say that I think religion causes war, I'm not saying that belief in god starts war. I have no problem with individuals believing in god, jesus, whatever they want. If you feel better for following the bible, go for it. What I am saying is that organized religion has perverted the whole idea of believing in god. Organized religion tells you what to believe, how to interpret it, and how to act upon it. Organized religion, in my opinion, is around just to make some people rich. And yes, organized religion starts war...and probably for money and resources, but the people fighting don't know that. They are fighting on the belief that their religious leaders tell them that it's god will. That's what I have a problem with. I personally don't see what going to church, and putting your money in the pot has anything to do with god. If one believes in god, that, to me, seems like a deeply personal thing. So, I'm not arguing that we should abolish the belief in god, but I am saying that religion does start wars, more then likely for the reasons of greed, which is sad that something that is supposed to show it's people morality is used to kill and reap the financial rewards.

Why don't you then say "organized religion" instead of religion.

It seems to me religion stopped meaning spiritual belief at some point and started meaning churchgoing

I'm sorry, but a lot of people are saying that the root of all wars is resources and money...but do you really think a suicide bomber is blowing himself (or herself to be pc) because they are getting money? People don't blow themselves up for money. They do it because they believe their God wants them too. I'm not saying all wars will end if religion ends, but it would seem that it would cut down on things like that.

When I say a lot of wars...I didn't mean ALL wars...and besides..this whole blowing yourself up thing is a command...if they don't do it, their family will get killed, and they are told they are doing Allah's will..also if you look at the bigger picture...behind that same war is about OIL and POWER....

I defense of going to a church, it’s much the same as any other belief and that is to be with like minded people who enjoy doing the same things together. In this case like worship.

I believe in giving back to the community and so I associate with like minded people within a national service club (Kin Canada) like Lions International as well as individual churches I do not begrudge paying my dues for membership much the same as church attendees contribute financially to the church they belong to.

Irish