Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay Marriage

Atheist God

Their Bible says so...

I'm not a Christian...

But being a Cristian Gay is a state of confusion. It's a bit like being muslim but you're against pedophilia. Can't be done.

Dear me, what a vile person you are. What the hell has paedophilia (see a spelling lesson for you too!) got to do with Islam!!

I think you will find you are the one that is confused. People do say that your kind of hatred is born out of repressed feelings. Could this be true?

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• Neognosis

• Stixxman

• Lt_Ripley

The Gay movement is so reactionary... won't be long before it goes full circle..

"Ooh.. if straight men can fall in love with and marry women, so can we!"

I know lots of gays and lesbian Christians who have gone to church their whole lives. Many of whom have now been married in church ceremonies as well since the definition changed a little while back.

I really don't think gays are going to be getting married to women, since we changed how it works here gays have not complained about anything. They only wanted to have all the same rights and privileges that everyone else already had.

The post was pro human rights for all, not pro christian at all.

Bingo!

No person regardless of race, religion, sex or sexual orientation should be denied what other can and do have.

Their Bible says so...

Well in the same chapter of the bible it says it's alright to kill atheists, disobedient children, adulterers, fornicators and so on. Yet we don't see them do this on a daily basis.

The bottom line in all of this is that discrimination is wrong. No one should be treated any differently for who they are and if people don't agree with this then they are bigots bottom line.

Well in the same chapter of the bible it says it's alright to kill atheists, disobedient children, adulterers, fornicators and so on.

There's also protocol for selling your daughter as a sex slave. That one's great.

Check out http://www.evilbible.com/

Ther'e some great stuff in the bible.

So Why do people so adamantly oppose Gay rights?

Gay people are no different then anyone else yet in the US they are treated like they are less then human.

Gays and Lesbians want to be married many of whom want to do so in a church of their choosing. Yet they are denied what everyone else enjoys why is this. Is it not in the US constitution that every person has the right to pursue happiness? Aren't all men and women equal?

This issue is really no different then other civil rights issues in the past.

Telling homosexuals they cannot get married in the church of their choice or not at all realistically as I have said before is no different then telling a black man he can't use a washroom because it is whites only or that he can only ride in the back of th bus because whites are only allowed to sit in front.

Many use the argument that homosexuality in unnatural yet scientifically it has been proven that homosexuality is quite natural and can even be observed in over 500 species of other animal and even in some insects as well.

It was Jesus who said "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". So why deny gays and lesbians the same rights everyone else has. You don't have to approve of someones lifestyle or be actively involved in their personal lives but simply let them do as they please and be fair to them as you would anyone else.

For those who oppose gay marriage I have a question...

How will letting gay people harm you or disrupt your life in any way at all?

There is simply no valid reason to let rampant discrimination against any group of minorities.

I find this issue really gets to the heart of many civil rights issues still prevalent today in many cultures. What valid reason can anyone give to discriminate and hate other people for who and what they are?

KyrusRose, great post! And she stated many of the answers.

Honestly if a gay couple want to marry they should have the right by the courts to do so. As KyrusRose stated first you have a Civil contract in the United States. This contract obligation must take place before the couples religious ceremony or the marriage isn't recognized in the eyes of the state. You could have a religous wedding without having a marriage license but it won't be a legal marriage. See the term legal marriage. It's a contract of state for determining everything from property issues to legal wards (children).

Legally there shouldn't be an opposition to same sex couples marrying, provided they meet the same conditions that are set for heterosexual couple who wish to marry.

Getting married or rather having a ceremony in a church is another matter. This is where the views that I have differ from what the church could claim..

If the couple wish to have a Christian ceremony, right or wrong, being gay is, or expressing homosexual physical love is considered a sin in the bible, therefore a Christian church could rightly claim that it goes against the teachings in the bible and not allow the ceremony to take place.

I honestly think that the issue isn't about being married in a church for most of the gay community, it's about being married legally. Having the same benefits as heterosexual couples with out the extra paper work that they have to go through now that straight couples don't have to.

Telling a gay couple that they can't have a religious ceremony in a church isn't the same as telling a black person they must use a different washroom or take a back seat. One is about religious dogma the other is using a law or enforcing a bad law. Laws of men can be changed. If you believe in god the words of god can't.

Personally I don't believe the parts of the bible that state such things are the direct words of the god/desses, but that's another argument. ;)

Mabon.

Telling a gay couple that they can't have a religious ceremony in a church isn't the same as telling a black person they must use a different washroom or take a back seat. One is about religious dogma the other is using a law or enforcing a bad law. Laws of men can be changed. If you believe in god the words of god can't

Point.

You can never force a religion to accept or recognize a marriage. But you can force the gov't to do so with legislation and the courts.

Gay marriage :no: Gay adoption f-in :no::no: the poor child when in school it would be whos your daddies, can see it now, just shows how much society has gone down hill, the social fabric is being eroded and we wonder why we have so many social problems we bring it upon ourselves,

Steve.

The post was saying that if Gay people wanted to get married they should be able to do so in whatever manner they want.

Why, How many ways are there to get married? :blink: And which ones can't the gays do? :unsure:

Is it..marry in church, by chance?

The church doesn't allow it which is what was wrong.

It's their religion, you know Christianity. :wacko:

If a gay couple want to marry in Church it's because they're christian or they 'should be' otherwise it's meaningless.

Why else would they want to marry in a church?

Understand?

Unless gays just want to be 'reactionary' and marry in a Church to wide up Christians..if this is the case, then that's just wrong.

lol what next? Gays get married in a mosque?

Gay marriage :no: Gay adoption f-in :no::no: the poor child when in school it would be whos your daddies, can see it now, just shows how much society has gone down hill, the social fabric is being eroded and we wonder why we have so many social problems we bring it upon ourselves,

Steve.

Yeah it would have been so embarrassing.. I know I would've hated having two mums or two dads.. it's just not right.

Kids know the difference anyway.. and they can sense when things aren't right.

Edited by billyhill

If you are against gay marriage because of what other children can say about the kid parents, take in count that kids in school use ANY pretext to harras others. You are fat, thin, ugly (for their standards), not sportive enough, too much sportive, redheaded, asian, and dont talk about disabilities. No Billy and steve...society would not @crumble@ because you allow two consenting and rational men/women to form an stable ouple, and contribuite to the nation whjith their hard work while they are united.

Dear me, what a vile person you are.

My, what a prejudiced and judgmental person you are..

It's ok, I noticed some gay men think they can get away acting like this..

I think it's hypocritical to get married in a church if you're not a christian.

What the hell has paedophilia (see a spelling lesson for you too!) got to do with Islam!!

I think you will find you are the one that is confused. People do say that your kind of hatred is born out of repressed feelings. Could this be true?

btw pedophilia is the British way of spelling it. Look it up. lol he tried to be clever and failed...

Speaking of which, the first British gay couple allowed to adopt children turned out to be two gay pedophiles working as a team.

They were defended by political correct social workers for a long while.. because they would accuse the council of being homophobic.

Sounds like the thing you'd do..

Edited by billyhill

Steve.

I will simply assume you are ignorant. If there where fewer people like you, who practiced the discrimination and taught it to our children, we wouldn't have a thing to worry about.. There are just as many people in schools being picked on for having a black mother and white father, for being overweight, for wearing required religious clothing, for being red headed or blue eyed or too tall or short, for physical handicaps, for talking with a lisp... Oh come on, you really want to say this is any different? Why don't we just removed all the biracial red haired blue eyed Jewish lispers in wheelchairs.. When you take away the ignorance and hate, YOUR hate, you are left with understanding.. I say let these kids go to school, and if they get picked on, alright, everyone gets picked on at some point, but maybe they can teach out kids a little tolerance in the process and the next generation will be better for that sacrifice.

If you are against gay marriage because of what other children can say about the kid parents, take in count that kids in school use ANY pretext to harras others. You are fat, thin, ugly (for their standards), not sportive enough, too much sportive, redheaded, asian, and dont talk about disabilities. No Billy and steve...society would not @crumble@ because you allow two consenting and rational men/women to form an stable ouple, and contribuite to the nation whjith their hard work while they are united.

Im against "theGays" full stop, its just not right and its not natural,

Child grows up with two dads, grows up fine then at age 18 commits a murder and says to the judge i wouldnt have done it only i never had a mum just two dads and its effected me mentally, judge says pitty, ok we'll let you off and pay you compensation, we are living in a world where we're given in the impression our actions dont have consequences.

Steve,

Edited by stevewinn

My, what a prejudiced and judgmental person you are..

btw pedophilia is the British way of spelling it. Look it up. lol he tried to be clever and failed...

Speaking of which, the first British gay couple allowed to adopt children turned out to be two gay pedophiles working as a team.

They were defended by political correct social workers for a long while.. because they would accuse the council of being homophobic.

Sounds like the thing you'd do..

So every gay is a pedowhateveryouwanttofreakingcallitcauseIdunreallycareHOWyouspellit?

That means every straight man is a womanizing pig and every straight woman is a (insert 4 letter S word here), right?

I dun wanna hear someone saying "well this happened once!" and that means all gay people are bad people! Guess what? It dun matter if yer gay or straight, ANYONE could do that kind of stuff... Whos to say the same thing hasn't happened with a straight couple? Wasn't there a case about a year ago with a man and woman who put adopted children in cages? A few cases over the years of couples adopting children to use as laborers? And this is any different? It could really be anyone, and to point the finger at one group and ignore the rest is ignorant in the extreme.

No Billy and steve...society would not @crumble@ because you allow two consenting and rational men/women to form an stable ouple, and contribuite to the nation whjith their hard work while they are united.

I would question the rationality.

You, probably get two types of queers, although science is not clear on this at the moment.. anyway, 1, the genetic gay...

and 2, the psychological gay.

The psychological gay is like a cenobite. into the .'pleasures of the flesh' I met quite a few of the type so I know they exist!

The psychological gay person is confused and probably best not let near children and/or small animals.. in the same way anyone suffering from mental confusion shouldn't be allowed to look after children.

The genetic gay.. if proven to exist via science, has my deepest sympathies.

Child grows up with two dads, grows up fine then at age 18 commits a murder and says to the judge i wouldnt have done it only i never had a mum just two dads and its effected me mentally, judge says pitty, ok we'll let you off and pay you compensation, we are living in a world where we're given in the impression are actions dont have consequences.

Steve,

SHOW me where this has happened.. SHOW ME where this is a major problem.. And I will show you mass murderers, rapists, pedowhatevers, killers and psychopaths who had a mother AND and father and STILL did the things they did... PROVE TO ME its a homosexual family that breeds these types of people. You can't, because you are basing this idea on your own hate and ignorance.

Edit: I am the typo Queen!

Edited by KyrusRose

chooo...chooo...im avoiding this train wreck.. <_< gays should be happy in civil unions..period.

So every gay is a pedowhateveryouwanttofreakingcallitcauseIdunreallycareHOWyouspellit?

That means every straight man is a womanizing pig and every straight woman is a (insert 4 letter S word here), right?

Yes that would be correct and makes perfect sense.

If I hit myself repeatedly with a brick.

WTF

I dun wanna hear someone saying "well this happened once!" and that means all gay people are bad people!

That would be strawman fallacy.. but there aren't enough test cases yet. But it doesn't look good considering this was the first.

My point was how long it took to detect the abuse because of PC-liberals, probably like yourself, who accuse everyone of being homophobic and believe gay people can do no wrong; ever.

chooo...chooo...im avoiding this train wreck.. <_< gays should be happy in civil unions..period.

"Well we really wanted democracy, but we'll settle for communism...."

same thing... treating them less then human isn't really mature is it? I seem to remember we had the same thoughts about slaves and womens rights... they should be happy with what they have.. NO!! They are human beings and I don't care what your gods have to say, they should be treated like human beings, with the same rights!! When we decide one group of people is less worthy of what everyone else takes for granted, we end up with.. well maybe another Holocaust?

Speaking of discrimination, How many Gay people have got their Jobs simply because they are Gay.

Every year on Big Brother.. there's always the 'token camp queer..'

And they all act the same! All like carbon copy robots of each other.. vain, stupid and gay.

Or what about Graham Norton... has that man actually any talents apart from er 'being Gay tm'

Or what about Will&Grace? Got to be the most unfunny show ever created in the history of television!

SHOW me where this has happened.. SHOW ME where this is a major problem.. And I will show you mass murderers, rapists, pedowhatevers, killers and psychopaths who had a mother AND and father and STILL did the things they did... PROVE TO ME its a homosexual family that breeds these types of people. You can't, because you are basing this idea on your own hate and ignorance.

Edit: I am the typo Queen!

Sorry but i cant show you, because we've only just sowed the seeds for the future, maybe you can ask me the same question in 20 years time when we're reaping what we've sown.

who said i hate "the gays" please c'mon, just because i dont agree about somthing doesnt mean i hate it!, ignorance of what?? because i choose not to go along with your ideology of whats right,

Steve,

Yes that would be correct and makes perfect sense.

If I hit myself repeatedly with a brick.

WTF

That would be strawman fallacy.. but there aren't enough test cases yet. But it doesn't look good considering this was the first.

My point was how long it took to detect the abuse because of PC-liberals, probably like yourself, who accuse everyone of being homophobic and believe gay people can do no wrong; ever.

EVERYONE does wrong, and you are only pointing the finger at the gay people... what about the rest of them? Christians who beat their children, straight woman who put gasoline on their kids and burn them alive, what about everyone else? You can't just point the finger at ONE GROUP and say "they do this, we better stop them" without looking at ALL of them, Homosexuals included. You want to hate that one group, fine, but don't be so closed minded on the issue to think they are the only problem, and the rest of the world is full of saints, I asure you, everyone can do this things, homosexual, heterosexual, young, old, from all family backgrounds, all races, all religions, and for you to say its JUST THEM is ignorant.

EVERYONE does wrong, and you are only pointing the finger at the gay people... what about the rest of them? Christians who beat their children, straight woman who put gasoline on their kids and burn them alive, what about everyone else? You can't just point the finger at ONE GROUP and say "they do this, we better stop them" without looking at ALL of them, Homosexuals included. You want to hate that one group, fine, but don't be so closed minded on the issue to think they are the only problem, and the rest of the world is full of saints, I asure you, everyone can do this things, homosexual, heterosexual, young, old, from all family backgrounds, all races, all religions, and for you to say its JUST THEM is ignorant.

Exactly my point, why should Gay men have special privileges just because they like doing *spam filter*..and talking 'funny' "oooh have you seen my teapot?'

No, I haven't seen you teapot and I don't want to know where you last put it. Thank you very much.

Or, why should Lesbians have special privileges just because they're unattractive to straight men.

Apart from 'lip stick' lesbians.. but then again, I don't think they're real Lesbians.

Gay marriage no.gif Gay adoption f-in no.gif no.gif the poor child when in school it would be whos your daddies, can see it now, just shows how much society has gone down hill, the social fabric is being eroded and we wonder why we have so many social problems we bring it upon ourselves,

What causes social problems is ignorance, intolerance and discrimination against people who live their lives differently then you do. Comments like these are a part of the problem not part of the solution. As I said I know a guy who grew up with 2 moms and he turned out fine and never had any problems so to say such things erode the social fabric is an uninformed and ignorant view.

There are lots of gay christians though however most of them have to hide it to avoid being persecuted for who they are because as we know a large chunk of christians are quite negative when it comes to people they have been misinformed about.

Actually it is just as right as being straight and scientifically proven that homosexuality is in fact natural and just a part of nature. Homosexuality has been observed in over 500 animal species including insects even which proves that it is not a choice but rather hard wired genetically. How can you be against someone for being who they are? They really don't have a choice as some people have suggested in the past.

Child grows up with two dads, grows up fine then at age 18 commits a murder and says to the judge i wouldnt have done it only i never had a mum just two dads and its effected me mentally, judge says pitty, ok we'll let you off and pay you compensation, we are living in a world where we're given in the impression are actions dont have consequences.

Well as I said I have a friend who grew up with 2 moms and now hes got a degree in physics and a productive member of society. No he didn't turn out gay either....

The psychological gay person is confused and probably best not let near children and/or small animals.. in the same way anyone suffering from mental confusion shouldn't be allowed to look after children.

People who are confused about their sexuality aren't dangerous this has to be one of the most absurd statements I have heard in a long time. The people you describe are pedophiles and zoophiles not homosexuals or bisexuals. Sexual confusion for most come once you start puberty and usually passes once the child enters their teen years this I know because it's what happened to me, I happen to be bi.

Sexual orientation is determined by biological factors bot psychological factors. Fact is homosexuality is a part of nature and as I said observed in over 500 different species besides humans.

chooo...chooo...im avoiding this train wreck.. disgust.gif gays should be happy in civil unions..period.

No they shouldn't, if they are in fact religious they should also be entitled to be married in a church, mosque and synagogue or which ever other venue they choose to exchange vows or what have you.

Also if your just going to post snide comments and troll around don't bother posting in this thread at all.

===

Again I have yet to hear any valid reason as to why gays should not be allowed to get married and what have you and every excuse given especially by Steve have been ludicrous and ignorant.

Gay marriage Gay adoption f-in the poor child when in school it would be whos your daddies, can see it now, just shows how much society has gone down hill, the social fabric is being eroded and we wonder why we have so many social problems we bring it upon ourselves,

DISALLOWING homosexual marriage is the sign that our society has gone down hill.

I suggest you read some ancient history before you decide that homosexuality is going to create social problems. MANY societies that prospered for far, far longer than ours has been around had homosexual unions or at the very least allowed homosexual activity without penalty or stigma. Ancient Rome, Greece, Japan all come to mind, but i'm sure those are just a few.

As for kids being made fun of, so what? Since when has teasing been a good enough reason to deny basic rights to another person?

Should interracial marriage also be banned because some kids might get teases? that's a very poor argument.

As for your ridiculous ranting about will and grace and gay talk show hosts having their jobs because they are gay, so what? The market wants to see gay personalities, so that's what the market provides. The market wants to see shows about or involving homosexual characters, so that what the market provides. IT's simple supply and demand, not some huge imaginary injustice. You and people like you are free to not watch, and maybe if there are enough of you someone will create a network for people who only want to see right wing issues presented in a positive light, and left wing issues trampled upon.

Although I have no problem with gay marriage, I do not think you should force churches to marry gay's. It would go against their religious teachings. I think that should at least be tolerated since a church isn't the only place you can be married. If there are any churches willing to marry gays though, I don't see a problem.

I totally agree! I think they should have the right to get married and recieve all the legal rights that go with it! But just like religion shouldn,t force their views on gays, neither should gays force their views on religion! And there are gay rights churches out there if a church wedding is what you really want! Other than that there are other very beautiful non religious cerimonies you can arange anyway you want!