Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay Marriage

Atheist God

Exactly my point, why should Gay men have special privileges just because they like doing *spam filter*..and talking 'funny' "oooh have you seen my teapot?'

No, I haven't seen you teapot and I don't want to know where you last put it. Thank you very much.

Or, why should Lesbians have special privileges just because they're unattractive to straight men.

Apart from 'lip stick' lesbians.. but then again, I don't think they're real Lesbians.

Wait, hold on, sense when is getting married a privilege? I thought it was a right. So everyone ELSE has the PRIVILEGE of being married but not gay people? Explain this please.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• Neognosis

• Stixxman

• Lt_Ripley

People who are confused about their sexuality aren't dangerous this has to be one of the most absurd statements I have heard in a long time. The people you describe are pedophiles and zoophiles not homosexuals or bisexuals. Sexual confusion for most come once you start puberty and usually passes once the child enters their teen years this I know because it's what happened to me, I happen to be bi.

Sexual orientation is determined by biological factors bot psychological factors. Fact is homosexuality is a part of nature and as I said observed in over 500 different species besides humans.

Is it? Is that fact? What about pedophiles/zoophiles are they natural- genetic or psychological?

There hasn't been enough research into the subject. Unbiased research...that it., I don't class a gay naturalist who has been caught out making up examples of animal homosexuality unbiased evidence, nor to I class gaymen sniffing each other armpits a valid scientific study either.

No they shouldn't, if they are in fact religious they should also be entitled to be married in a church, mosque and synagogue or which ever other venue they choose to exchange vows or what have you.

Why? because you say so?

Like I said.. I'm a new Christian.. I don't believe in God or Jesus... but how are you still a Christian then, you may ask?

Precisely I'm not.

Why? because you say so?

Like I said.. I'm a new Christian.. I don't believe in God or Jesus... but how are you still a Christian then, you may ask?

Precisely I'm not.

Why NOT? Because YOU say so? Thats not an argument, thats a bias. Try again.

Wait, hold on, sense when is getting married a privilege? I thought it was a right. So everyone ELSE has the PRIVILEGE of being married but not gay people? Explain this please.

I didn't know it was a right.. I thought it was a choice. but anyway... not anyone can get married in a church. Children can't.

DISALLOWING homosexual marriage is the sign that our society has gone down hill.

Neo, sit down keep your brain warm, you cant actually believe that, surely.

Steve,

No one said people have to approve of the lifestyle gays and lesbians live but to deny them the right to marriage in their venue of choice whether it is a church or not is discrimination. If straight people can get married in a church gay people should be able to as well. You can't hold anything against somebody for simply being who and what they are.

actually plenty of churches 'marry' gay people , however it isn't translated over legally.

Marriage is a religious tradition and the term marriage should be removed from government institutions. Civil Unions should replace it for government ceremonies and no longer can getting married alone in a church have any legal bond for anyone.

that way all are served equally and gain equal rights.

as a lesbian . I approve this message. :D

Why NOT? Because YOU say so? Thats not an argument, thats a bias. Try again.

It was a demonstration of the logic displayed here...you are correct.. it's a bias.

How can you be Christian and gay? ^_^

Exactly my point, why should Gay men have special privileges just because they like doing *spam filter*..and talking 'funny' "oooh have you seen my teapot?'

No, I haven't seen you teapot and I don't want to know where you last put it. Thank you very much.

Or, why should Lesbians have special privileges just because they're unattractive to straight men.

Apart from 'lip stick' lesbians.. but then again, I don't think they're real Lesbians.

I couldnt of said it better! :tu:

billy , just because women keep turning you down doesn't make them lesbians. it makes them smart.

and what special privileges are you refering too ? there isn't any. we want EQUAL rights . now go look up the word equal.

As for kids being made fun of, so what? Since when has teasing been a good enough reason to deny basic rights to another person?

Typical 'me first' selfish attitude..your 'rights' come before that of a child.

It's interesting to note how many gay men are quite egocentric..

How many times have we heard.. "Look at me! I'm GAY...OH HELLO!"

Yes ok... we don't care... your boring. It's almost like they don't do anything except 'gayness'

It was a demonstration of the logic displayed here...you are correct.. it's a bias.

How can you be Christian and gay? ^_^

plenty of people are Christian and gay --- it's Christians who have no understanding of the bible and the times and cherry pick aka ignorance.

god made gay people equal to straight people. what the bible talks of is male prostitutes - not gay people ( by the way a third of male prostitutes today are straight. probably the same amount as then. since it's about money. the same way lots of strippers are lesbians.)

billy, just because women keep turning you down doesn't make them lesbians. it makes them smart.

So, are you a lipstick fashion statement lesbian or one of the, you know, bearded types.

I think I can guess... :P

we want EQUAL rights .

You got equal rights... and then some... get over it.

Billys 100% correct in everything he says, this man is speaking sense,

"the gays" what to be treated equally yet, want gay quarters in city centres and want gay marches and parades,

Steve,

Edited by stevewinn

plenty of people are Christian and gay --- it's Christians who have no understanding of the bible and the times and cherry pick aka ignorance.

Yeah right.... Gays being Christian is like a gay saying he/she wants to be homophobic.

We want equal rights..Gays have just the same rights to be homophobic as everyone else!

Pix 'n' mix your religion...twist it around so it makes sense to you.

So, are you a lipstick fashion statement lesbian or one of the, you know, bearded types.

I think I can guess... :P

You got equal rights... and then some... get over it.

you have to be one of our more ignorant posters.

as for the type of lesbian I am ? I'm not either a lipstick nor butch . I probably am more like your mother.

what equal rights do I have ? and then some ?

In 39 states I could lose my job if I came out . that's just the tip of ' my rights'.

go educate yourself billy - each time you open your pie hole you make a fool of yourself.

Yeah right.... Gays being Christian is like a gay saying he/she wants to be homophobic.

We want equal rights..Gays have just the same rights to be homophobic as everyone else!

Pix 'n' mix your religion...twist it around so it makes sense to you.

you must love the taste of your feet. your ignorance sprawling all over the place.

there are Gay christian churches. are plenty or regular christian churches hold gay masses and welcome gays to mass.

see , some are starting to understand how much the bible has been twisted to suit agenda. And that being gay is like being straight. Your born with your sexuality. it isn't a choice.

but it takes an educated mind to understand these things.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Billys 100% correct in everything he says, this man is speaking sense,

Steve,

It's an uphill battle steve, but I think we've got them backs against the wall.. which is ironic because that's where mine should be.. :tu:

Don't drop.. the soap...

It's an uphill battle steve, but I think we've got them backs against the wall.. which is ironic because that's where mine should be.. :tu:

Don't drop.. the soap...

Alright Hillbilly.. Um.. sorry.. BillyHill.. What exactly is it you see when you have homosexuals who are not allowed to marry, when none Christians are? The Church does discriminate against none Christians and homosexuals, but the government SHOULD NOT, as the bill of rights, the constitution and the very laws the US was built on state we have equal rights, regardless of race, religion, sex or orientation. Why should homosexuals be less worthy of those rights? I don't want anymore gum flapping, its getting old, give me a logical understandable answer to this and I might change my mind about how ignorant you are.

Edited by KyrusRose

First NO being gay is not natural. Its a personal choice. I don't mind people being gay, I do mind people putting forth outright BS to make their point. If being gay was "natural" then we would all be born A sexual and that would be that. But we are not born that way, we born of a man and a woman, thats the normal. Saying its normal is like telling people that the union can produce offspring. It cannot. That is also why I would be against same sex parenting. Every child, NEEDS, a masculine and a feminine aspect to their parenting relationship, both offer lessons that every child needs. A woman cannot explain how to be a man to her son and niether can her "life partner" and vice versa. Niether is it a good thing if a child only learns one gender, it will determine that persons relationships for the rest of their lives. Sure some have turned out Ok but they are still missing vital bits of knowledge as well. I went to school with a guy with two moms, he did not turn out normal. He takes crap from any female that will dish it and is afraid to say boo to women. No amount of talking will change the fact that it is not in the natural order of things to be gay. All the parades and other nonsense that is advertised as a plea for equality merely illustrates how that culture thinks of itself. Treat us the same, but different.

billy what will you do when genetic research finishes and the proof is that being gay is just like being straight ? that it's from birth .

you do know most science points towards that ? and most agree it seems to be the answer. Just like being born with blue eyes or left handed.

natural.

but I suppose you'll treat that like any other group you don't like. hopefully you don't call yourself christian because your a poor excuse for one.

First NO being gay is not natural. Its a personal choice. I don't mind people being gay, I do mind people putting forth outright BS to make their point. If being gay was "natural" then we would all be born A sexual and that would be that. But we are not born that way, we born of a man and a woman, thats the normal. Saying its normal is like telling people that the union can produce offspring. It cannot. That is also why I would be against same sex parenting. Every child, NEEDS, a masculine and a feminine aspect to their parenting relationship, both offer lessons that every child needs. A woman cannot explain how to be a man to her son and niether can her "life partner" and vice versa. Niether is it a good thing if a child only learns one gender, it will determine that persons relationships for the rest of their lives. Sure some have turned out Ok but they are still missing vital bits of knowledge as well. I went to school with a guy with two moms, he did not turn out normal. He takes crap from any female that will dish it and is afraid to say boo to women. No amount of talking will change the fact that it is not in the natural order of things to be gay. All the parades and other nonsense that is advertised as a plea for equality merely illustrates how that culture thinks of itself. Treat us the same, but different.

I choose to ignore yer uneducated dribble...

you have to be one of our more ignorant posters.

lol that's all you liberals can do.. he's so ignorant...

Yeah like you're so er enlightened... what? just because you like women? wow.

go educate yourself billy - each time you open your pie hole you make a fool of yourself.

er No I suggest you educate yourself..here in the UK, if you're attacked for being gay.. the custodial sentence of the perpetrator is automatically 'doubled..'

So what if you straight and attacked? Why do gay people have special treatment?

Let alone the homophobic laws of making it up to homosexual to decide whether a 'homophobic incident' has taken place. Making it entirely subjective- written in law.

Gay genetics

16 October 2004

NewScientist.com news service

IF homosexuality is an inherited trait, why do genes for it survive? Because these genes may make women more likely to reproduce.

Andrea Camperio-Ciani's team at the University of Padua, Italy, asked 98 gay and 100 straight men to fill in questionnaires about their families. They found mothers and aunts had more children if related to a gay rather than a straight man. Mothers of gay men averaged 2.7 babies, compared with 2.3 born to mothers of straight men. Aunts on the mother's side had 2 babies compared with 1.5 for maternal aunts of straight men (Proceedings of the Royal Society B, DOI: 10.1098/rspb.2004).

“We think of a gene for male homosexuality, but it may be a gene for attraction to men”The team suggests that gene variations on the X chromosome make women more likely to have more children, and men more likely to be gay. "We think of a gene for male homosexuality, but it might really be a gene for sexual attraction to men," says Simon LeVay, a neuroscientist at Stanford University and a writer on sexuality.

But the "maternal effect" could at most account for only 14 per cent of the prevalence of male homosexuality, the Italian team cautions. "Our findings, if confirmed, are only one piece in a much larger puzzle on the nature of human sexuality."

From issue 2469 of New Scientist magazine, 16 October 2004, page 5

and this is only one out of many. and it's old.

so you who say it isn't natural need to educate yourselves.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Muslims are starting to marry in Churches now.. as for Gays, I have no problem with them at all unless it effects me, Hell most of the Catholic priets are abusing boys, I am surprized they are not encouraging it.

Personally I think any couple has the right to be happy regardless to their sexual preferences.

Being Canadian and the whole gay marriage thing...my mother asked me about this situation, knowing I was straight and wanting to know how I felt about it. What I told her was that even if we straight people denied the gay/lesbian community to not marry or enter a union, it wasn't going to make them straight. We are all who we are. I mean really, Just because anyone says it isn't right or goes against nature is being naive. It is believed that gays/lesbians are born that way, they don't choose. When my daughter was in grade 1, there was a little boy who I thought was gay, he just didn't really understand yet. And it ended up that he was acting out really violently because he felt he was gay but it was not accepted. We cannot make anyone straight, just like you cannot make anyone gay. We have to start accepting people for who they are.

As to the comments about pedophiles. Not all gays are pedophiles, just like not all pedophiles are gay-BUT a high number of pedophiles are gay. Yes, that is true, I found that out by watching the charges against a man here in BC who wants it legal for grown men to have sex with boys. Now, just because he is gay and a pedophile, we cannot judge all gay men because of this man. Some pedophiles do not care about the sex of the child, just as long as they are children. This to me is a totally different subject. Gay does not equal pedophile.

lol that's all you liberals can do.. he's so ignorant...

Yeah like you're so er enlightened... what? just because you like women? wow.

er No I suggest you educate yourself..here in the UK, if you're attacked for being gay.. the custodial sentence of the perpetrator is automatically 'doubled..'

So what if you straight and attacked? Why do gay people have special treatment?

Let alone the homophobic laws of making it up to homosexual to decide whether a 'homophobic incident' has taken place. Making it entirely subjective- written in law.

I'm calling you ignorant because you are. Ignorance can at least learn. Stupidity refuses too. So take your pick - is it ignorant I should call your posts or stupid ?

- double the sentance ? can you list the law and where in the books it can be found ? or is this just your opinion?

if it is doubled then it shouldn't be - but fyi whites tend to get shorter sentances when commiting violence than other minorities ----- why do whites have special treatment ?