Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay Marriage

Atheist God

lol that's all you liberals can do.. he's so ignorant...

Yeah like you're so er enlightened... what? just because you like women? wow.

er No I suggest you educate yourself..here in the UK, if you're attacked for being gay.. the custodial sentence of the perpetrator is automatically 'doubled..'

So what if you straight and attacked? Why do gay people have special treatment?

Let alone the homophobic laws of making it up to homosexual to decide whether a 'homophobic incident' has taken place. Making it entirely subjective- written in law.

Its called a hate crime, and here in the US if you attack someone because of race, religion or sexuality, as apposed to "I just didn't like the guy" its a hate crime.. its punished very severely. Its not just gays.. and I'm sure its not just gays in the UK either.. Beat up a jew because you think they are evil.. beat up a black man because you think they're all bad.. yeah.. same thing.. and it should be punished more severely because these people are being targeted for their differences in a society where everyone is equal. Or at least should be.. Maybe thats not how it works in the UK? Maybe you people hang and burn anyone you don't understand? Really sad you can't evolve past the Witch Trials.

education is better then hate, you would know that if you had any.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• Neognosis

• Stixxman

• Lt_Ripley

billy what will you do when genetic research finishes and the proof is that being gay is just like being straight ? that it's from birth .

you do know most science points towards that ? and most agree it seems to be the answer. Just like being born with blue eyes or left handed.

natural.

Not a lot.. why what should I be doing?

(oh right, see below)

but I suppose you'll treat that like any other group you don't like.

No... is that you taking a 'leap of faith' again ripley?

hopefully you don't call yourself christian because your a poor excuse for one.

Oh please.. if you're going to get all emotional please refrain from posting.

I'm not a Christian.. so your faith can remain entacted.

Btw.. so rude.

As to the comments about pedophiles. Not all gays are pedophiles, just like not all pedophiles are gay-BUT a high number of pedophiles are gay. Yes, that is true, I found that out by watching the charges against a man here in BC who wants it legal for grown men to have sex with boys. Now, just because he is gay and a pedophile, we cannot judge all gay men because of this man. Some pedophiles do not care about the sex of the child, just as long as they are children. This to me is a totally different subject. Gay does not equal pedophile.

true there are a higher number of gay pedophiles when it comes to boys .

what one also must keep in mind however is that still the bulk of boys and girls that are violated are done so by straight men.

and yes most don't care what sex the child is.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

education is better then hate, you would know that if you had any.

What a hateful response..

Is this a hate crime?

Stixxman i agree with you, well said, ingore Kyrus rose, if you dont agree with her your uneducated/ingorant,

Lt Ripley, Facts are the Enemy of truth,

Steve.

Not a lot.. why what should I be doing?

(oh right, see below)

No... is that you taking a 'leap of faith' again ripley?

Oh please.. if you're going to get all emotional please refrain from posting.

I'm not a Christian.. so your faith can remain entacted.

Btw.. so rude.

Billy the only leap of faith I'm taking is that you can understand logical thinking. show you that you hate . you've shown that over and over again in many posts.

you hate anything that isn't like you. and that is sad and pathetic.

as for rude ? you wear the crown sister .

Edited by Lt_Ripley

What a hateful response..

Is this a hate crime?

I guess so, cause I hate people who CHOOSE to be ignorant. :yes:

Alright Hillbilly.. Um.. sorry.. BillyHill.. What exactly is it you see when you have homosexuals who are not allowed to marry, when none Christians are? The Church does discriminate against none Christians and homosexuals, but the government SHOULD NOT, as the bill of rights, the constitution and the very laws the US was built on state we have equal rights, regardless of race, religion, sex or orientation. Why should homosexuals be less worthy of those rights? I don't want anymore gum flapping, its getting old, give me a logical understandable answer to this and I might change my mind about how ignorant you are.

Come on Billy, RISE to the challenge, if you dare.. CAN you? I'm waiting... and waiting.. and waiting.....

Gay genetics

16 October 2004

NewScientist.com news service

“We think of a gene for male homosexuality, but it may be a gene for attraction to men”The team suggests that gene variations on the X chromosome make women more likely to have more children, and men more likely to be gay. "We think of a gene for male homosexuality, but it might really be a gene for sexual attraction to men," says Simon LeVay, a neuroscientist at Stanford University and a writer on sexuality.

This isn't research ripley it's just subjective opinion.

Stixxman i agree with you, well said, ingore Kyrus rose, if you dont agree with her your uneducated/ingorant,

Lt Ripley, Facts are the Enemy of truth,

Steve.

Can you say anything for yourself or just ride the coattails of others?

Can you say anything for yourself or just ride the coattails of others?

nope, im riding on the coatails, i've said my piece, Billy hill already has you on the ropes, just shout Kyrus if you want me to throw the towel in for you,

Steve.

This isn't research ripley it's just subjective opinion.

here ya go -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/dispomim.cgi?id=306995

for example -

Hamer DH, Hu S, Magnuson VL, Hu N, Pattatucci AM.

Laboratory of Biochemistry, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892.

The role of genetics in male sexual orientation was investigated by pedigree and linkage analyses on 114 families of homosexual men. Increased rates of same-sex orientation were found in the maternal uncles and male cousins of these subjects, but not in their fathers or paternal relatives, suggesting the possibility of sex-linked transmission in a portion of the population. DNA linkage analysis of a selected group of 40 families in which there were two gay brothers and no indication of nonmaternal transmission revealed a correlation between homosexual orientation and the inheritance of polymorphic markers on the X chromosome in approximately 64 percent of the sib-pairs tested. The linkage to markers on Xq28, the subtelomeric region of the long arm of the sex chromosome, had a multipoint lod score of 4.0 (P = 10(-5), indicating a statistical confidence level of more than 99 percent that at least one subtype of male sexual orientation is genetically influenced.

give it another 5 to 10 years and the arguement will be over. And by the research so far ? Natural occurance.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

nope, im riding on the coatails, i've said my piece, Billy hill already has you on the ropes, just shout Kyrus if you want me to throw the towel in for you,

Steve.

billy has just been KO'd by fact = so have you.

you have no logical arguement to stand on.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Billy the only leap of faith I'm taking is that you can understand logical thinking. show you that you hate . you've shown that over and over again in many posts.

you hate anything that isn't like you. and that is sad and pathetic.

as for rude ? you wear the crown sister .

Where's the hate... the only hate I see is coming from the other side, as usual.

"How dare you not love gaymen and everything they do! how dare you! you ignorant 'full of hate' ignorant ignorance ingorant"

I'm sorry, but just because I'm not a Queerphile doesn't mean I'm homophobic.

You make it up.. and believe it and yet I'm suppose to take your faith seriously?

Steve.

Me on the ropes? How? Your both saying that gays shouldn't marry, when it has no baring on you what so ever if they do or not, that they shouldn't have the "special privilege" of begin married when it is a right, not a privilege, and that no gay person can be Christian at the same.. as far as I see it yer both nutty in the noggin, the logic is missing.. Why should you really be against something like homosexual marriage when it doesn't have any impact on you what so ever? Give me a good answer for that one. NEITHER of you have proven a dang thing expect you like to hate people and have no regards for human rights.

Can we drop the bickering and snide remarks, if you can't contribute to this discussion in a civilized manner then don't post. Let's keep the comments constructive please.

Thank you.

billy has just been KO'd by fact = so have you.

you have no logical arguement to stand on.

you know your beat when your searching google for help, :o

Admin, surely no rules have been broken,

Edited by stevewinn

Where's the hate... the only hate I see is coming from the other side, as usual.

"How dare you not love gaymen and everything they do! how dare you! you ignorant 'full of hate' ignorant ignorance ingorant"

I'm sorry, but just because I'm not a Queerphile doesn't mean I'm homophobic.

You make it up.. and believe it and yet I'm suppose to take your faith seriously?

my bad - I didn't just mean to imply you hated only gays . but one could go over numerous posts where your hate for anything or anyone that isn't like you is evident.

I have no need to make it up. anyone that has read your posts knows it obvious.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

you know your beat when you searching google for help, :o

no I went to google for fact. sorry if I like fact as opposed to what ever it is you believe.

yes surely no rules have been broken on either side.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

no I went to google for fact. sorry if I like fact as opposed to what ever it is you believe.

Most researchers now think that there is no single gay gene that controls whether a person is homosexual or not. Rather, it's the influence of multiple genes, combined with environmental influences, which ultimately determine whether a person is gay.

A touchy subject

Research into the genetics of sexual orientation is controversial. Religious leaders who believe that sexual orientation is a choice argue that such research is an attempt to legitimize homosexuality; others worry that a detailed knowledge of the genetics underlying homosexuality will open the door to genetic engineering that prevents it.

But Bocklandt doesn't think these concerns should prevent scientists from asking the basic question of whether homosexuality has an underlying genetic component to it or not.

"I have no doubt that at some point we'll be able to manipulate all sorts of aspects of our personality and physical appearance," Bocklandt said. "I think if there's ever a time when we can make these changes for sexual orientation, then we will also be able to do it for intelligence or musical skills or certain physical characteristics—but whether or not these things are allowed to happen is something that society as a whole has to decide. It's not a scientific question."

http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/06..._gay_genes.html

Some theories on sexual development claim that homosexuality is developed after birth as a result of a person’s environment. Environmental factors such as a child's relationship to his same-sex parent or peers, and the presence of sexual abuse or molestation can affect sexual development (See Questions & Answers). While other theories have suggested that homosexuality is genetic and can be traced to a specific gene.

Most researchers, by this time, have come to the conclusion that sexual orientation is likely determined by a complex interaction between a person’s genetic make-up and their environment. However, there are still some who claim that science has found a “gay gene.”

The three most well-known scientific studies were conducted by Simon LeVay, whose study claimed to have found a “difference in hypothalamic structure between heterosexual and homosexual men”2; Bailey and Pillard, who studied the prevalence of homosexuality among biological twins and adopted brothers3; and Dean Hamer, who claimed to have found a “linkage between DNA markers on the X chromosome and male sexual orientation.”4 Interestingly, all of these researchers, except Bailey, are self-identified gay men.

http://www.inqueery.com/html/science_and_homosexuality.html

Most researchers now think that there is no single gay gene that controls whether a person is homosexual or not. Rather, it's the influence of multiple genes, combined with environmental influences, which ultimately determine whether a person is gay.

A touchy subject

Research into the genetics of sexual orientation is controversial. Religious leaders who believe that sexual orientation is a choice argue that such research is an attempt to legitimize homosexuality; others worry that a detailed knowledge of the genetics underlying homosexuality will open the door to genetic engineering that prevents it.

But Bocklandt doesn't think these concerns should prevent scientists from asking the basic question of whether homosexuality has an underlying genetic component to it or not.

"I have no doubt that at some point we'll be able to manipulate all sorts of aspects of our personality and physical appearance," Bocklandt said. "I think if there's ever a time when we can make these changes for sexual orientation, then we will also be able to do it for intelligence or musical skills or certain physical characteristics—but whether or not these things are allowed to happen is something that society as a whole has to decide. It's not a scientific question."

http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/06..._gay_genes.html

Some theories on sexual development claim that homosexuality is developed after birth as a result of a person’s environment. Environmental factors such as a child's relationship to his same-sex parent or peers, and the presence of sexual abuse or molestation can affect sexual development (See Questions & Answers). While other theories have suggested that homosexuality is genetic and can be traced to a specific gene.

Most researchers, by this time, have come to the conclusion that sexual orientation is likely determined by a complex interaction between a person’s genetic make-up and their environment. However, there are still some who claim that science has found a “gay gene.”

The three most well-known scientific studies were conducted by Simon LeVay, whose study claimed to have found a “difference in hypothalamic structure between heterosexual and homosexual men”2; Bailey and Pillard, who studied the prevalence of homosexuality among biological twins and adopted brothers3; and Dean Hamer, who claimed to have found a “linkage between DNA markers on the X chromosome and male sexual orientation.”4 Interestingly, all of these researchers, except Bailey, are self-identified gay men.

http://www.inqueery.com/html/science_and_homosexuality.html

your info is from a 'they can change' religious site that doesn't have all the facts.

Our goal in this effort is simply to facilitate the development of tangible solutions to the problems faced by lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgendered, and ex-gay students on high school and college campuses, all while maintaining that the possibility of change must be presented for those who desire this path.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

I choose to ignore yer uneducated dribble...

what in my response was uneducated?

the part that states that it takes a man and a woman to reproduce?

the part where we aren't born A sexual

the part where i explained how this affected a real person I know?

the part where i state that I have no problem with people being homosexual, I just have a problem with homosexuals trying to pawn it off as a natural mechanism. Its personal preference, not nature. Nature has provided the proper formula and its worked for 200,000 years or so. If we followed the other way then there would been no humanity we would have died out.

Nothing I said is inflammatory they are statements of facts, saying they are uneducated only says one of two things about you. That you are so prejudiced against hetero's that you will disagree no matter how dumb a position it makes you take or you haven't had the birds and the bees talk yet.

Edited by Stixxman

your info is from a 'they can change' religious site that doesn't have all the facts.

actually it was taken from a gay site inqueery..com.

Come on Billy, RISE to the challenge, if you dare.. CAN you? I'm waiting... and waiting.. and waiting.....

er Forgive my ignorance but I honestly couldn't understand the point you were making through the irrational diatribe. What was your point?

My point is, gay people complaining they can't get married in church is like me complaining that I won't be able to join Al qaeda because

I'm white and not a muslim. I'm being discriminated against boo hoo, hoo.

Although I have no problem with gay marriage, I do not think you should force churches to marry gay's. It would go against their religious teachings. I think that should at least be tolerated since a church isn't the only place you can be married. If there are any churches willing to marry gays though, I don't see a problem.

I don't think the political issues are about religious marriage. They're about CIVIL marriage. There are a lot of benefits that go with being married (tax breaks, for example). There are all sorts of laws pertaining to situations like what happens to a person's estate if he dies without a will. If a person is married, his spouse and kids get the bulk of his estate. If a gay person dies intestate, their partner doesn't get squat. The estate goes to their genetic families even if those folks haven't had anything to do with their gay relative for years. If a gay person is dying, the partner who has lived with them for the past ten years isn't the one who gets to decide when to terminate the life. The decision goes to the biological family.

Basically, outlawing gay marriage deprives gay couples of the rights automatically accorded to straight couples. It's one of the ways that straight (often Christian Reich) people penalize a segment of the population who doesn't toe their line.

The religious stuff is a separate issue and does not involve the law since theoretically (what a laugh!) church and state are separate.

Edited by BlueZone