Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay Marriage

Atheist God

But what's your point? you aren't making any sense anymore, I can't even figure out what your points are.

Try and keep up- neognosis... I've been counter-pointing quite illogical- points and straight out gay propaganda.

They are starting to become burried under a pile of homophobic ranting.

smirks..you've been desperate to say that word in this thread for ages. There, are you happy?

Can you answer this question for me, in a succinct and concise response that doesn't try to make some fantastic connection between gays and pedophiles:

You forgot.. To mention beastuality and **********. All recognised conditions under the umbrella of human sexuality.Or 'break-away' forms of heterosexuality.

What is wrong with two people of the same sex forming a commited sexual and emotional bond?

Oh, is this the nice gay example? jeff and dave? Imo Nothing's wrong with it.

Just don't expect me, to believe 'make-believe' propaganda.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• Neognosis

• Stixxman

• Lt_Ripley

now be a good little boy and educate yourself on the matter or don't bother putting in your 2 cents worth of erroneous opinion.

Ok, I'll educate myself.

my girlfriend is English so I'm just as involved.

Thanks for sharing this...

here , try educating yourself on what exactly is being fought for WORLDWIDE

http://www.bidstrup.com/marriage.htm

Mmmh thanks Ripley for this '2 cents worth of erroneous opinion'

Ok am I suppose to believe her subjective opinion..? just like that?

lol Is this your idea of education...Ripley?

You certainly worship at a church alright..

Try and keep up- neognosis... I've been counter-pointing quite illogical- points and straight out gay propaganda.

I can't follow your logic. In other words, you seem to be ranting incoherently and I wanted to try to bring you back down to earth so I could understand why it is that you are against gay marriage. So far, all I can really get is that somehow pedephelia and bestiality come into play, and apparently you believe in some sort of tree diagram of sexuality with heterosexuality being at the root?

Is that about right?

I'm not even going to try to quote various posts here!

Billyhill, I don't know what your problem is with Gays and they"re having equal rights with heterosexuals but it is obvious that you have one.

I don't think that you have argued in any convincing way that homosexuals should not have a right to marry in church if they are Christians, in fact you have said on multiple occasions that Gays cannot possibly be Christian purely because their sexuality is against the teachings of the bible even though you say you are not a Christian.

In the end you are showing yourself to be bigoted as you cannot stand the idea that people that have different lifestyles than you are just as good (in my opinion even better) as you.

The whole argument, however it came around, that homosexuality and it's political side is equal to paedophilia is complete garbage. In the end as has been pointed out all we are arguing for is equality for all as long as it doesn't harm someone else. Homosexuality is not harming someone else, paedophilia etc. is as there is one side who is not a willing partner.

As has been said before, nobody is arguing that the Man Boy Love (or whatever it is called) is right, but you are trying in some way to equate this with the Gay rights movement. Absolutely ridiculous!!

You also mention that it just seems like we are arguing that people are allowed to marry in a Christian church but that we are ignoring Islam etc. I personally feel that all people should be able to get married in whatever manner they wish be it Christian, Jewish, Islamic etc. regardless of their sexuality.

I can't follow your logic. In other words, you seem to be ranting incoherently and I wanted to try to bring you back down to earth so I could understand

Or in other words you're not reading my posts or don't understand them...

The thread was twisting and turning- I was just following.

why it is that you are against gay marriage.

I don't recall saying I was against gay marriage..

But.. please.. because the act of 'heterosexual sex' leads to producing children and homosexual sex doesn't- isn't being homophobic but basic biology.

but if you believe it is homophobic then that is like saying er 'gravity' is racist.

Edited by billyhill

But.. please.. because the act of 'heterosexual sex' leads to producing children and homosexual sex doesn't- isn't being homophobic but basic biology

Ok, let me try to decifer the above and get some clarification. Are you trying to say that only relationships that result in children are valid? Are you posing the idea that procration should be the qualifying characteristic for marriage?

I'm also not saying you are homophobic becuase you think so. I'm saying you are homophobic because of your insistence on associating homosexuality and bestiality and pedophilia, and the statements you made about all the gay people who come into your cab being petty, selfish, and other things as well.

Edited by Neognosis

Btw I know some gay people who hate bisexuals for this very reason. Again, maybe not relevant but just to use it an example that probably you wouldn't like it.

If this is the case then they are no better then people they rail against for being bigots.

I can tell you for a fact this isn't choice or it wasn't for me anyways.

Okay this has gotten quite ugly IMO and I typically would not entertain even posting here.

What if I were to tell you MEN that I have been with a beautful woman... (I'm okay looking too) but she was an extremely beautiful woman and made love to her; relishing in her soft and smooth, silky skin and wonderful pleasant feminine touchs and smells...so gentle and pure...and touching naked... so innocent and pure yet so exhilaratingly exciting and new? Mmmmmmmm.

====================================================

linked-image

Okay, how many men are busted by that thought; yet scream of how wrong it is? :)

LMAO. I am straight and yes I have experimented with other women. So what? I certainly don't care if others know... many know. Does that make me homosexual? Bi-sexual? An experimenting straight person? Get the heck over it.

Here read this:Article to Read

I am no specific religion, therefore, if I wanted to join in marriage or make a commitment to another woman; I would not even turn to the church. Just my honest opinion. There are many ways to commit yourself to one person based on ones needs. There could be health insurance issues but I know my husband's corporation as a box to check for "significant other/partner". I'm assuming that could mean common law marriage (when a man and woman live with someone more than 7 years in most states it is considered a common law marriage) or I could mean gay/lesbian relationships.

I just find this squabbling all so petty and immature personally.

People should be free to do as they wish without judgement for others... Heck I'm the last person who is able to say I am totally sinless and perfect so I am able to JUDGE.

Life is able being who you are or want to be without others getting all up in your stuff. Whose business is it anyways other than the participants? NO ONE'S.

One other thing; the homosexual couples I know (Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek yes I have homosexual friends GASP) the ones that have children... most of them are not through adoption. The male/male can act as sperm donors and impregnant a close woman friend to carry their child; then sole custody is given to the man/men (and same for women vice versa). As well as a woman receiving a sperm donor from a special male friend.

Either way, it can be done invetro or through having the actual sexual act - out of love and giving and with the other partner present. I think that is beautiful and such a special gift. Most gay/lebians couple I know are some of the BEST parents I have ever seen (and I have very high standards when it comes to parenting).

With regards to the children, being harassed or whatnot...omg...kids and mean little critters NO MATTER WHAT. They will always find something negative to say. With my kids I've have some issues (I never step in and call the other parent because I don't feel that's teaching the "child" to handle it on their own). Hell I give themcomebacks to shut the kids up. I've also taught my kids to fight. Yea, some might think that's stupid but I am raising children who can take on most anything their generation has to "offer"; sad but true.

To be honest, I come from a very athletic family. My son chooses NOT to play sports. He loves to cook (I'm telling you he's going to be a famous chef/ computer genius one day) and he loves clothes; well he likes the newer trends, will only shop for clother with my daughter -NOT ME- and likes to get "cool" brands. He also adores his older sister to death and wants to be just like her. Is that gay? He also has a fetish for women's breasts. Now what do you think?

In school he's repeatedly been called gay and has come to all of us: my husband, daughter and me asking "am I gay?"

Oh my, everyone had their viewpoints for him.... my daughter showed him what to say (it was so cute atually) and how to kick some butt (she's one of the popular girls, yes, but she always pays attention to the loners -or the so-called losers - she's helped 3 specific girls I know of; break out of their shells and shine; one was a cutter and she got her to stop cutting - she's a pretty f-ing cool kid in my book) she talks to the other "popular" girls and just says like you're an a-hole if you're not nice to whoever (aka loser one) and it works. My daughter is SOMETHING else, man. She doesn't put up with any crap or any kind of shunning someone.

My husband basically said; I don't know are you? I'd still love you either way. (later he says to me the kid in in love with women's breast's lmao I'm NOT worried...) Whatever.

All I had to say was I would love you if you were purple and grew 3 penises (sorry if that not appropriate but that's what I said...I guess he got it because he laughed and we hugged...no matter what I would always love my children.

You all need to get over the hostility here. Live and let love. If you don't like it, too bad. Nothing you can say will change anything.

Sincerely stated with my love, respect and honor for all members of U-M and all human beings in general,

♥♥♥ Jody ♥♥♥

I can tell you for a fact this isn't choice or it wasn't for me anyways.

Fair enough.. :tu:

If this is the case then they are no better then people they rail against for being bigots.

Yes... also I've also met homosexual men, who I'd asked 'would you sleep with a woman?'

I don't think I can repeat what they said here.. but let's just say, is 'heterophobic' a word?

See, the Gays right movements wants to present an world where all homosexual and lesbians are the same.

And if you question any aspect of homosexuality.. or don't believe everything the gay rights movement presents to you..then you're a homophobic bigot.

well said, Jody She-ra.

And as long as it involves consenting adults, you're right, who cares?

I think your viewpoint is based in experience and knowledge.

See, the Gays right movements wants to present an world where all homosexual and lesbians are the same.

That's news to me.

And if you question any aspect of homosexuality.. or don't believe everything the gay rights movement presents to you..then you're a homophobic bigot.

That's also news to me.

I suspect you just have a very narrow circle of gay friends. Of course, there's a difference between "questioning aspects of homosexuality" and lumping them together with pedophiles and necrophiles, which you did several times on this post. You can't play the victim of homosexual agenda if you do that.

Edited by Neognosis

Of course, there's a difference between "questioning aspects of homosexuality" and lumping them together with pedophiles and necrophiles, which you did several times on this post. You can't play the victim of homosexual agenda if you do that.

I was molested as a child (I was 7 years old and it was by a 17 year-old heterosexual male); I was raped 2 times (twice) Both by heterosexual males at University.... I would like to see some percentages and FACTS on heterosexual rapes and molestations versus homosexual rapes and molestations.

Oh yes, the homosexual molestations and rapes: you can alway look to the Catholic church for those.... ANOTHER REASON I DO NOT PRACTICE A SPECIFIC RELIGION.

Stated with love and truth. Jody

Edited for speeeeeeeling and also to say I'm OUT of this thread. GET REAL!

Edited by She-ra

Republicans hiding in the closet, like that senator

was molested as a child (I was 7 years old and it was by a 17 year-old heterosexual male); I was raped 2 times (twice) Both by heterosexual males at University....

Sorry for what happened to you

Edited by Avinash_Tyagi

I'm saying you are homophobic because of your insistence on associating homosexuality and bestiality and pedophilia,

And... ********** and heterosexuality... and probably a few others. Yep all are connected.

and the statements you made about all the gay people who come into your cab being petty, selfish, and other things as well.

What cab? that wasn't me..

And... ********** and heterosexuality... and probably a few others. Yep all are connected.

They all involve sex...so what? What the heck is your point? How does that factor in to Gay marriage at all? It doesn't seem as if you have a point beyond making it a mission to put homosexuality and pedophilia in the same sentence. What IS your point? I've yet to get a succinct statement from you on what you believe.

What cab? that wasn't me..

Whoops, my mistake.

Why all the furor about gay rights and marriage? It doesnt affect anyone in the heterosexual community and it doesnt take away anything from heterosexual marriage, so why all the ruckus? Heck, if it leads to two people finding happiness surely that is a good thing?

The same arguments against gay marriage were made (and still are in some societies/religions) against interracial/interfaith marriage. Again, society as a whole has not gone to hell in a handbasket as a result of these unions. Live and let live people. As far as procreation goes, the number of childless marriages between heterosexuals is rising and last I saw comprised >50% of all marriages so are these not true marriages which should then be annulled?

Okay, how many men are busted by that thought; yet scream of how wrong it is? :)

Busted but I don't think it's wrong.. I know I'm not racist or homophobic.. having just the other day watched an interracial lesbian film. ^_^

However, I'm not going to play it to my local priest and expect him to enjoy it, and if he doesn't, call him a small minded bigoted homophobic racist. :P

this thread IMO has outlived it's purpose or at least for me any... I've said all I could possibly and expressed all my opinions already.

HAve fun guys it's been fun :D

They all involve sex...

That is the connection..

so what? What the heck is your point?

You asked me.. what was the connection? I merely answered your question.

geez if you don't like the answer.

this thread IMO has outlived it's purpose or at least for me any... I've said all I could possibly and expressed all my opinions already.

HAve fun guys it's been fun :D

Nothing like a low down dirty debate.. ^_^

But, yes maybe this thread is going like-

The guy who was into **********, sadomasochism and beastuality.

He was caught beating a dead horse..

linked-image

It doesnt affect anyone in the heterosexual community and it doesnt take away anything from heterosexual marriage, so why all the ruckus?

I've been trying to analyze and figure that out. I seem to have identified three responses.

1- The type from billyhill, largly incoherent and illogical but firmly convicted. I usually can't really figure out what these folks are trying to get across, but they sure don't seem to like the idea of gay marriage. (if I'm wrong, billy, feel free to put forth a brief summation of what you DO think.)

2- Religious people who actually believe that it is their role to make sure that the society in which they belong follows the bible, which condemns homosexuality. some of them seem to even think that allowing homosexual marriage will somehow bring about punishment from God, and they fear they will be caught up in it. ????

3- People who are generally homophobes, who either are closeted homosexuals, or have homosexual urges that disgust them, or who are actually more straight than gay but who for some reason are so repulsed by the idea of homosexual acts that they can't even go on knowing that other people are having *spam filter*. they don't want to have to be reminded of it in any form, whether or not it's gay pride day, will and grace, or anyone being openly gay. They often cite religion as their main concern, but I think they are distinct from the purely religious anti-gay.

I don't think any of these positions can be defended sucessfully or logically, but the sentiment is still pretty strong among some.

But, yes maybe this thread is going like-

The guy who was into **********, sadomasochism and beastuality.

He was caught beating a dead horse..

It's like you're obsessed! I'm starting to wonder why you bring these up constantly.

BillyHill - i just want to check if i've got your posts correct. Are you saying that you don't believe the government should recognise marriages that aren't hetrosexual because all the alternatives are life style choices as opposed to the way nature intended?

That's the way i've read your posts and apologise if i've got it wrong, could you clarify?

If i've read you right then i guess that moves the debate onto the purpose of marriage and it's role in modern society!

p.s fascinating read btw, on both sides of the debate...

1111111, THANK YOU!

I've reread his posts and I'm still not sure what he's getting at.

If that's what he's saying he's wrong, but that would clarify things.

fascinating read you got that right.

i cant wait to see what he writes next, very entertaininglinked-image and of course the lt ripley.

I've been trying to analyze and figure that out. I seem to have identified three responses.

1- The type from billyhill, largly incoherent and illogical but firmly convicted. I usually can't really figure out what these folks are trying to get across, but they sure don't seem to like the idea of gay marriage. (if I'm wrong, billy, feel free to put forth a brief summation of what you DO think.)

Sure no problem.

You're asking me what my agenda is? I've told you more than once.. I've just been counter-pointing certain points made from other posters.

What problem do you have with this?

Now, it's seems to me, the gay rights movement don't like it when a psychological aspect of homosexuality is brought up.

They like to pretend it doesn't exist.

And yet as She-ra's post openly admitted it was a psychological choice-- she wanted to experiment.

Most people don't have a problem with homosexuality because they just 'don't care' and I'm one of them.

But let's not confuse 'apathy' for logical acceptance for the bizarre logic displayed by some of the gay right posters.

Perhaps you can use your analytical perceptions to explain homosexual rather than use it on those you 'imagine' are against it.

Neognosis, what do you think the primary function of sex is? From a science perspective?

It is, "oooh to party and have a good time, now where's my teapot?"

No, let's face it.. it ain't rocket science. :lol: