Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There is no money!

UM-Bot

Wow, I love that quote.

The truth is that NOTHING has value unless we give it that value. Whether its a piece of paper, a bead, or a fish. Sure, it'd be nice to have another way to barter. . .I'd love to trade a few pounds of apples or something to pay my electric bill, but it just doesn't work like that any more. I understand the concept of the article, but the fact that we live in the society that we live in negates it. We use money to barter. That's it. No way around it unless you are homeless and self efficient. . .even then, where would you live? There is no land that is really "public" any more. . . The Fort Fisher Hermit comes to mind. . .He lived in a cave off of Fort Fisher, and he almost got "kicked off" several times. . .even though the land was supposively "public". I'm sure someone doing something similar today would not last as long as he did.

Tilley in his book pointed out that with Eminent Domaine all property is public property. If you think you own property, just stop paying the government your property taxes for three years and you will discover very quickly who really owns your property! Recently in Florida a group of people had their houses comfescated and torn down so a shopping mall could be built there because the mall would pay more in taxes. With this in mind I can see the case that nobody owns their houses or property.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oen Anderson

• War Eagle

• Galahad96

• oldchap

Tilley pointed out in his book that 90% of all lottery winners are broke within five years! Besides, you would only be winning a whole lotto nothing.

No problem here. I'll gladly take those five years of spending like a mad man. :yes:

I read somewhere (Legends Of America?), Crazy Horse had a duel meaning when he said; ''One doesn't sell/own the land people walk on.'' Or even, The Earth is the Mother of all people, and all people should have equal rights upon it. You might as well expect the river to run backward as that any man who was born a free man should be contented when penned up and denied liberty to go where he pleases.” -Chief Joseph (Nez Perce)

We've somehow created a cut throat - everybody out for themselves - dog eat dog society out there. The house & land market is a classic example (hope ya pay it off before ya die or the banks come to collect, which ever comes first)...topped off with ever increasing bank borrowing interest rates, taxation, fuel, food, cost of living in general etc etc etc, skyrocketing out of control with families in some cases loosing everything others drowning in mountains of debt just to live comfortably & provide for their next generation and so on etc etc etc aaaaand etc...

What a crazy mixed up world of 'grandio illusions' eh... lol!!!

The Money Matrix of the New World Order, pg 61: "When white men first arrived in America, they asked the Indians, 'Who owned this land?' The Indians said, 'Don't be ridiculous, nobody owns the land, you can't own land.' To the Indians, the land, like everything else, belonged to the 'Great Father in the Sky.' The Mannitoo or Supreme Being only allowed the use of the land and everything else if you showed good stewardship over it. If you respected in and took great care of it, generations would be allowed to use it, but no man owned land."

I liked your quote from Crazy Horse and Chief Joseph. Good stuff!

Thanks Oen, the NAs imo were warriors of wisdom.

Theres was book I came across a while back *SOB* (I can't recall the author or title? lol! Might find it online tho) But i remember reading the reference & intro, where in some towns/people in certain European countries banded together and shunned society going back to the old barter system in almost all aspects of living, fed up with the system literally shunning governments & banks, and theres no law stating they can't do otherwise.

Don't know if it'll ever catch on tho.

later...

Money replaces this need of directly exchanging goods or services when you can't personally trade something of equal value.

Therefore, money does equal something.

I totally agree with you Scorpius, and I think it starts getting dirty when people put monetary value on something that should worth nothing! eg land. (I was reminded of this when there was an story somewhere about a man claiming ownership on the moon.. and he'd started making plot section sales to others already. What an idiot.)

I also think money should have great restraints on quota, because it's a reflection of the limits of service that we as human beings can offer. And they should be realistic limits as well! If one were to own an egyptian pyramid, and hope to use it to trade - would it be realistic for someone else to construct something else of the same value to trade?

That's why the rich are getting richer and the poor, poorer! We offer all these inhumanly impossible services, and expect the same value in return!

Big corporations do this, and the employees that make it happen probably get ripped off for it.

I read somewhere (Legends Of America?), Crazy Horse had a duel meaning when he said; ''One doesn't sell/own the land people walk on.'' Or even, The Earth is the Mother of all people, and all people should have equal rights upon it.” -Chief Joseph (Nez Perce)

Exactly! Thanks! I enjoyed your post!

"The Indians said, 'Don't be ridiculous, nobody owns the land, you can't own land.' To the Indians, the land, like everything else, belonged to the 'Great Father in the Sky.' If you respected in and took great care of it, generations would be allowed to use it, but no man owned land."

Loving it!!!

Cheers all!

Everything is an illusion..what difference does it make?

regardless...we need the "illusion" of money, how else could we buy and sell etc...the mark of the beast?? I'll take the illusion thanks. :hmm:

The author pointed out that if you were born after 1964 you were born into the money matrix and would never have known anything except the illusion.

Wow, I love that quote.

The truth is that NOTHING has value unless we give it that value. Whether its a piece of paper, a bead, or a fish. Sure, it'd be nice to have another way to barter. . .I'd love to trade a few pounds of apples or something to pay my electric bill, but it just doesn't work like that any more. I understand the concept of the article, but the fact that we live in the society that we live in negates it. We use money to barter. That's it. No way around it unless you are homeless and self efficient. . .even then, where would you live? There is no land that is really "public" any more. . . The Fort Fisher Hermit comes to mind. . .He lived in a cave off of Fort Fisher, and he almost got "kicked off" several times. . .even though the land was supposively "public". I'm sure someone doing something similar today would not last as long as he did.

:lol: I meant to say self SUFFICIENT. . .not efficient. . .I'm so silly.

I really don't understand the concept of anyone owning land. Oen is right. . .even if you do "own" the land, you don't REALLY own it. The government does.

• 1 year later...

I see the price of gold went over $1100 today! Looks like people are starting to realize what real money is.