Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Sacred and the Profane

truethat

What does this mean by default?

http://dict.die.net/default/

Your statement is more accurate than you probably intended Sheri. Religion is limiting when people fail to "show up" when they don't do what is expected of them by God, then yes it is limiting.

It says that all man is created in God's image. Does this suggest that Suicide Bombers are in God's image? No it suggests that all mankind has the potential to "SHOW UP" and to do what is expected of them in order to be in "God's" image, whether God is just another word for love or a transcendent aspect of the human condition.

This is living the word rather than preaching it.

no I intended it true.... " good thinking," great observation, on your part how the idea is implemented....its not so much the idea as the implementation..very good call.....

MW again your limits are creating me in that image...your revealing more about you then me ...

Remember what we are bugged about in others is really about us.....there are no victims hon or villians...i know you know this ....

Edited by Supra Sheri

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• truethat

• MissMelsWell

• momentarylapseofreason

no I intended it true.... " good thinking," great observation, on your part how the idea is implemented....its not so much the idea as the implementation..very good call.....

MW again your limits are creating me in that image...your revealing more about you then me ...

Remember what we are bugged about in others is really about us.....there are no victims hon or villians...i know you know this ....

Hmm so you are like IamsSon then I guess? And you are the public school system that is lacking? And you are religion and its constructs?

See you have had an awakening of sorts, this is what I've been saying to you for months. You are projecting your own issues onto Religion. Because religious people in general do not share the same experiences about religion as you do.

What's more interesting is when people form little cliques with those that share the same point of view so that you can comfort yourself in the denial that it is indeed about you, by collective projection.

What's more interesting is when people form little cliques with those that share the same point of view so that you can comfort yourself in the denial that it is indeed about you, by collective projection.

*standing* *clapping*... *still clapping*

We are Lucy, we are Charlie, and we are the ball. Charles Schultz put himself in the cartoon just as we, represented by the imagined divergences, placed ourself in this realm for all that occurs, in the interest of self-love.

The cliques are interesting, as anything has the potential to be. But is it the motivation within self leaning toward detachment from the cliques that established their foundation?

As for aloneness, I don't equate it with loneliness. Given that the population is 1, I'm always alone. :D

Hmm so you are like IamsSon then I guess? And you are the public school system that is lacking? And you are religion and its constructs?

See you have had an awakening of sorts, this is what I've been saying to you for months. You are projecting your own issues onto Religion. Because religious people in general do not share the same experiences about religion as you do.

heck we all have our growth bumps, however mine have little to do with relgion if you see growth its your own, and you should take credit for that True ... rightly so... you have always been smart and interesting , now you seem clearer..whether this is the case who knows and it certainly isn'lt gospel jsut an opinion, or maybe its the timiing.......

i don't really know Iamson and i can't really accuratley form a picture of someone based on no personal interaction...

so I can't say we share the same ideas.possibly to you it appears that way, ( you know him ) but for the reasons i stated i can't validate it....

i use beleifs as tools they change alot almost daily... the similaritys i share are pretty cut and dry, its more about hearting each others paths then validating beleifs if you are really wanting to know, I ma more about letting go then taking on..........the few i am close with are living the truths they have gathered wahtever that means to them......I have no preference how one lives thier truth.....

heck we all have our growth bumps, however mine have little to do with relgion if you see growth its your own, and you should take credit for that True ... rightly so... you have always been smart and interesting , now you seem clearer..whether this is the case who knows and it certainly isn'lt gospel jsut an opinion, or maybe its the timiing.......

i don't really know Iamson and i can't really accuratley form a picture of someone based on no personal interaction...

so I can't say we share the same ideas.possibly to you it appears that way, ( you know him ) but for the reasons i stated i can't validate it....

i use beleifs as tools they change alot almost daily... the similaritys i share are pretty cut and dry, its more about hearting each others paths then validating beleifs if you are really wanting to know, I ma more about letting go then taking on..........the few i am close with are living the truths they have gathered wahtever that means to them......I have no preference how one lives thier truth.....

Validation is the lonely man's imaginary friend.

Some of us prefer to be lonely and true. B)

Validation is the lonely man's imaginary friend.

Some of us prefer to be lonely and true. B)

I agree hon, one should always honor their own truth..i meant it when I said religon is very blessed to have you true.. and if anyone can bring out its beauty it will be you..all the best love.....

i use beleifs as tools they change alot almost daily...

Hello, Sheri,

I don't place values upon labels beyond their ability to convey speech, but would you agree that you're discussing ideas rather than beliefs?

Hypothetically, if one is meeting someone for the first time and says, "I believe..." vs. "My idea is...", which has greater potential to open up discussion in the interest of your own growth with reflections of yourself at varying levels of progression?

Do statements of belief cause many listeners to clam up rather than interjecting their own perspectives or life experience?

Hello, Sheri,

I don't place values upon labels beyond their ability to convey speech, but would you agree that you're discussing ideas rather than beliefs?

Hypothetically, if one is meeting someone for the first time and says, "I believe..." vs. "My idea is...", which has greater potential to open up discussion in the interest of your own growth with reflections of yourself at varying levels of progression?

Do statements of belief cause many listeners to clam up rather than interjecting their own perspectives or life experience?

you know thankpunt, that is an excellent point, and welcome to UM by the way....I have never thought about it in this light....

Gosh in thinking about it i think it would serve me to think on this...It may make a huge diffenrce...

Edited by Supra Sheri