Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Instant Conversion"

Buddharat

For quite some time now, I've been researching and following a gentleman named Derren Brown. Some people might know him from a show named "Mind Control With Derren Brown". After seeing a hypnotise, he's spent his life studying psychological reasons for seemingly supernatural events. He can replicate mediums, mind reading, mind control, etc, using nothing but scientifically proven psychological triggers. As he says on his show, he uses nothing but showmanship, psychology, slight of hand, and subliminal messages as his only means of achieving what he shows.

About this time, people are probably wondering why I'm posting this in the spirituality vs skepticism forum. Well, in my continuing search for everything he's put out, I found a segment from his british show where he instantly converts people into believing in god, using nothing more then what I said above. I just thought it would interest some of the viewers of the forum. I hope everyone enjoys!

(I apologize for it being in two parts, that's the way I found it. And I'm also putting the disclaimer that I'm not using this a proof against God, just as something to think about, especially when watching televangelists.)

Instant Conversion Part 1

Instant Conversion Part 2

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IamsSon

• Genocyde

• Magnatude

• Buddharat

Top Posters In This Topic

Derren Brown is incredible, he is definitely my favorite magician, the mind control with derren brown show is awesome, and something wicked this way comes was awesome, considering the whole show was a subliminal message for the final trick, i definitely suggest watching it is you get the chance...i dont think it actually is a conversion, im sure after an hour or two of being away from that guy they revert back to there original beliefs, but then again, it might work for some of them permanently

There's a difference between believing in God and accepting that you are a sinner, that through your decisions you have caused irreparable (from your end) damage to a connection which is essential for your eternal ell-being and that God, because of His love for you, expressed in grace has provided a reparation for that connection through the death and resurrection of Jesus, and has made that reparation available to you as a gift.

An instant conversion from atheist to theist is very interesting, and the fact that someone can be convinced to change views instantly is amazing, but doesn't really have the eternal impact.

Yep very interesting. and explains much of what we may read in ancient scripture. If "we" modern man can fall for such mind altering suggestion, what is to say "ancient" man (meaning biblical and post biblical era man) want duped into "seeing" miracle's.

Good documentaries, thanks for sharing.

There's a difference between believing in God and accepting that you are a sinner, that through your decisions you have caused irreparable (from your end) damage to a connection which is essential for your eternal ell-being and that God, because of His love for you, expressed in grace has provided a reparation for that connection through the death and resurrection of Jesus, and has made that reparation available to you as a gift.

An instant conversion from atheist to theist is very interesting, and the fact that someone can be convinced to change views instantly is amazing, but doesn't really have the eternal impact.

Oh really? :blink:

Supposedly some scientists can turn atheists into theists....I think it might have been with a shakti device, but dont quote me cause I dont remember

Oh really? :blink:

Yes, I'm speaking from the strict point of going from not believing in God to believing in Him. There are already people who believe there is a God who have not accepted God's gift of eternal life.

gosh Son, .. for you IMO you have only known one way so it may be difficult for you to see how this could be possible ..

I have seen this and IMO the religion of choice seems to be far better for it..

My best friend found his home in mormonism and has brought a openess and depth to his ward that wasn't there before and he is embraced and many are listeinng...

my ex husband went from athiest to catholic and in his parish as catholism frowns on divorce and he being divorced having divorced in love went to the priest, and talked with him about his experince and his church now has classes that he runs to help others who feel divorce is the only option divorce in love to great success..so not only is this conversion happening they are bringing a awarness to the relgion that wasn't there, many are making relgion better if i may be as so bold.....Look at MW she is using her life as a quaker to in a way that is all inclusive, and admirable IMO....

Recently True has found her home in religon ( she has not said which one ) and i feel she will bring a beauty and understanding with her,and the relgion will be better for it .....

gosh Son, .. for you IMO you have only known one way so it may be difficult for you to see how this could be possible ..

I have seen this and IMO the religion of choice seems to be far better for it..

My best friend found his home in mormonism and has brought a openess and depth to his ward that wasn't there before and he is embraced and many are listeinng...

my ex husband went from athiest to catholic and in his parish as catholism frowns on divorce and he being divorced having divorced in love went to the priest, and talked with him about his experince and his church now has classes that he runs to help others who feel divorce is the only option divorce in love to great success..so not only is this conversion happening they are bringing a awarness to the relgion that wasn't there, many are making relgion better if i may be as so bold.....Look at MW she is using her life as a quaker to in a way that is all inclusive, and admirable IMO....

Recently True has found her home in religon ( she has not said which one ) and i feel she will bring a beauty and understanding with her,and the relgion will be better for it .....

Sheri, the OP is about "instant conversions" brought about through hypnosis, psychology and suggestion, my comment simply had to do with the fact that going from NOT believing in God to being hypnotized into believing there IS a God is not the same as being saved, and therefore these "conversions" really did not have an eternal significance. What that has to do with your husband helping to warp the doctrines of the Catholic Church, I don't know.