Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We need a ghost hunting show with no drama!

Pluto-x

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• evil inside

• MasterPo

• AdorablyDead

• Pluto-x

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jesus Christ, I know! On ghost hunters there is always the scary music and such. You can't hear anything over it!

derek accorah (sp?) kills me

he is an absolute farce.. someone who "claims" to be a phsychic should not be so easily overwhelmed as he is..

a lot of drivel and b grade overacting

I have seriously got to start watching ghost hunters now. Apparently it's the most hated show ever. o_0

I have seriously got to start watching ghost hunters now. Apparently it's the most hated show ever. o_0

Most hated? No that should go to Most Haunted. I like Ghost Hunters and the fact that they try to find "other" explanations for the weird freaky noises that scare the occupants. And 9 times out of 10 they do, good for them, in my mind it legitamizes them and what they are trying to do. Now the other "1" is the good stuff. I really felt for poor Frank the sound man when he was flattened. If you notice in the credits (yes I look at stuff like that. :P) he was absent for like the rest of the season after that event (I have the first and second seasons on dvd), it really looks like it shook him up good.

Most hated? No that should go to Most Haunted. I like Ghost Hunters and the fact that they try to find "other" explanations for the weird freaky noises that scare the occupants. And 9 times out of 10 they do, good for them, in my mind it legitamizes them and what they are trying to do. Now the other "1" is the good stuff. I really felt for poor Frank the sound man when he was flattened. If you notice in the credits (yes I look at stuff like that. :P) he was absent for like the rest of the season after that event (I have the first and second seasons on dvd), it really looks like it shook him up good.

Whoops I think I was thinking of Most Haunted. Whenever I think of Ghost Hunters I can only remember it as the 'Taps show', lol. I keep forgetting the actual name of the show.

Personally, I only watch Ghost Hunters. I can't stand reality tv otherwise. I think that if there wasn't any drama on these shows...then they wouldn't last long at all. They'd get pulled faster than they got on the air.

I'd personally like to see a Paranormal t.v. show with absolutely no drama! No psychics on board to dramatize every fart aching thing they think is paranormal! No explaining why people are leaving groups because of relationships or not getting along with other group members etc;

I'd like to see a cut and dry t.v. series that focuses on the real thing. Entertainment is ruining the reputation and discrediting the field for its routine drama, creepy music and screaming. But I don't think that would ever happen thanks to politics who run these entertainment companies.

:hmm:

100% agree! I love it when they have "paranormal investigators" who walk through a building at night or whatever.. and at the slightest inkling of anything unusual (goaded by the fact that they are all egging eachother on) they jump to the paranormal explanation..

Investigator 1: Ok.. we're just going through a building here & entering a room.

Investigator 2: OMG it feels a bit cooler in here!

Investigator 3: I feel it too! OMG this is creepy

Investigator 1: I think it's a ghost!

Investigator 2: Me too!

Investigator 3: ME TOO!!!

[Cut scene to interview of investigator 1]

Investigator 1: Well it was obvious to all of us that the drop in temperature was due to a ghost.. probably a powerful one.. maybe female.. with 1 leg... that much was definetly obvious

*me sitting at home* WTF!!!!!!!!

I also like ghost hunters, but the thing I dislike about their investigations (not really their fault) is the lack of time to investigate. There is far greater chance to find something for more than 1 night, which would really help them in their decisions whether a place is really haunted or not.

As I said, I don't think it's their fault mainly because they do have their own lives to attend to, unlike other investigators which live off of investigating.

But by far, ghost hunters has been my favorite and the most reliable that have been shown on tv :)

I also like ghost hunters, but the thing I dislike about their investigations (not really their fault) is the lack of time to investigate. There is far greater chance to find something for more than 1 night, which would really help them in their decisions whether a place is really haunted or not.

As I said, I don't think it's their fault mainly because they do have their own lives to attend to, unlike other investigators which live off of investigating.

But by far, ghost hunters has been my favorite and the most reliable that have been shown on tv :)

That's true. Ten hours of tape to go through wouldn't necessarily provide what 48 hours might reveal.

That's true. Ten hours of tape to go through wouldn't necessarily provide what 48 hours might reveal.

GH is often on location for days. Or make several return visits.

When you have a 1 hour show you only get aout 40 minutes of show time. The rest is commercials (time it - you'll see!). Even less if they do two investigations in one show. Then you get only about 20 minutes each.

You can't show everything from a 15 hour investigation in 20 or 40 minutes. Something has to be cut.

GH is often on location for days. Or make several return visits.

When you have a 1 hour show you only get aout 40 minutes of show time. The rest is commercials (time it - you'll see!). Even less if they do two investigations in one show. Then you get only about 20 minutes each.

You can't show everything from a 15 hour investigation in 20 or 40 minutes. Something has to be cut.

I understand that. Trust- Commercials annoy me to no end! (I am an impatient little girl). What I was saying is that on the show, they have said things like "we have 10 hours of DVR", "15 hours of audio", etc.. I was only agreeing that if their investigation was for that amount of time (the 10 hours, etc. that is implied), then it seems more beneficial if they stayed longer. (I hope that makes sense... It is getting late here, long day! LOL).

What I was saying is that on the show, they have said things like "we have 10 hours of DVR", "15 hours of audio", etc.. I was only agreeing that if their investigation was for that amount of time (the 10 hours, etc. that is implied), then it seems more beneficial if they stayed longer.

Hehehehe....I think you misunderstand it when they say "15 hours of..." etc etc.

You can very easily have 20+ hours of video, audio etc. from just one night's investigation.

On a typical all night indoor investigation we'll run 4 DVR cameras, 2 or 3 Hi8/MiniDV/or HD cameras, at least 6 digital audio recorders and 2 cassette recorders.

So on a "mere" 6 hour investigation we have:

24 hours of DVR video

12-18 hours of Hi8/MiniDV/HD video

36+ hours of digital audio

4-6+ hours of audio cassette.

That's how it adds up.

Then real work starts - Someone has to watch all that video and listen to all that audio! :cry:

post-47832-1192247817_thumb.jpg

Edited by MasterPo

Then real work starts - Someone has to watch all that video and listen to all that audio! :cry:

I guessed in the future they will develop a video camera that makes a TAB if the camera sense something on infra red.

I guessed in the future they will develop a video camera that makes a TAB if the camera sense something on infra red.

Already here.

Take look at Cabelas and other hunting catalogs. They have automatic cameras (digital and film) that sense movement via IR and take pics or even video. My in-laws have on their land upstate where deer, bears and even bobcats venture. Very cool!

The only question is: Would a ghost set off an IR sensor?

The only question is: Would a ghost set off an IR sensor?

Ehhh!!!...that's a big question !

If not...we can't use infra red for ghost hunting.

Ehhh!!!...that's a big question !If not...we can't use infra red for ghost hunting.

Sure we can.

IR as a light source is different than IR as a sensor.

IR sensors detect motion by other a) sending out a beam that reflects back when something moves through it (like doppler radar), or, B) it takes a heat "picture" of it's field of view and when a heat source comes through and changes that "picture" it interprets it as movement and goes off.

In case A the question is would an entity be able to reflect IR energy? That would require an entity to have a reflective surface which in turn means it has to have mass.

In case B is an entity hot enough to be sensed? There are more indications of entities being extremely cold than hot.

That's how it adds up.

Oooooh. I did misunderstand. I thought it reflected the hours spent there. How awful! Poor thing. You must be utterly exhausted afterward. And then having all of that to review... Thank you (all investigators) for your efforts. Wow!

Edited by evil inside

Sure we can.

IR sensors detect motion by other a) sending out a beam that reflects back when something moves through it

Does it trigger my alarm at home if ghost are present?

Can we use remote control of our TV to detect ghost in the dark?

Does it trigger my alarm at home if ghost are present?

I don't have an IR alarm so I can't say. An educated guess would be NO since if ghosts could set them off then there would be many many more reports of ghosts causing false alarms at museums, historical sites, funeral homes etc etc etc.

Can we use remote control of our TV to detect ghost in the dark?

You need a much brighter IR light source and a camera that can see IR. ;)

Edited by MasterPo

Agreed, the producers of these so called "Ghost Hunting" shows focus mostly on the people getting frightened to death rather than focusing on trying to find/photograph/videotape the actual entities residing within. Its like you basically watch the show to see people scream about tiny little squeeks in the floorboards in supposed "haunted rooms" which hardly proves anything in the first place.

Edited by Indrid Cold