Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Enter peoples dreams

M. Svendsen

Why do I need to see a doctor? Don't you think I'm doing other things than just this?

First of all: He has seen a doctor.. You know what he got? Depression pills

Second: I've been seeking help everywhere I can get it, and this place is just one out of many places I'm trying to get an idea. I've only lived in this world for a short time, and I have no idea what is possible between heaven and earth. From the things I've experienced nothing surprises me, not even paranormal things.

I'm just trying to help my friend, he doesn't know I'm posting here.. but I will try every option.

what exactly do you mean by this??? do you mean that you are very young or that you're from another world??? serious question. . . . .

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John from Lowell

• one and eleven

• St Q

• beautifulpillows

I have two characters who will be entering dreams. the main character and her daughter. The daughter will be the prominent one who does the drifting. Any suggestions as to how I may be able to explain this to my readers? I'm thinking time continum. Thanks :D

Concept presentations are an art form in itself. You could depict the daughter as open and accepting to all the energies around her and within others. The outer frequently reflects the inner and she can see, feel, and understand this better than any one else. She would have a high purpose to integrate conflicting energies and realize this is best done in the dream state.

John

Edited by John A Spera

If you even try to enter your friends dream you would have to spend the night with him.

the best thing is to find out how serious these nightmares are and how often and what these voices are saying. Stress and depression can do alot of things to a persons mental well being.

• 1 year later...
I have a friend, a good friend that is having nightmares. Bad bad nightmares that makes my friend depressed and scared, there are voices telling him to do things, etc etc... He cries almost everyday, so I wondered if there is any way, that I could enter his dreams or meet him in our dreams while he sleeps.

Please, if you have read about this on another website i don't really wanna know. I wanna talk to someone who has done it, someone that has got it confirmed from both parts, someone that knows how to do it and is 100% certain that it is possible. If this person does not exist, I guess this isn't the way to go.

one night it was midnight and i was alone i was watchin nightmare on elm street 3 and 4.so i called my cousin case i was scared but his mom said he was asleep.then i fell a sleep so idreamt i was in a grave yard by myself then freedy was after me and the weirdest thing happened i screamed my cousins name a he came out of a tree but then we started runing and i woke up we talked about it the day before and i kept happening4 a week so i talked to a doctor a he did test and he said it was a gift. i keep using it

I have a friend, a good friend that is having nightmares. Bad bad nightmares that makes my friend depressed and scared, there are voices telling him to do things, etc etc... He cries almost everyday, so I wondered if there is any way, that I could enter his dreams or meet him in our dreams while he sleeps.

Please, if you have read about this on another website i don't really wanna know. I wanna talk to someone who has done it, someone that has got it confirmed from both parts, someone that knows how to do it and is 100% certain that it is possible. If this person does not exist, I guess this isn't the way to go.

I've heard of it being done but it's mostly done by the person that is experiencing the dreams or nightmares. And what it happening is that you are appearing in their dreams as a guide to them or as an advisior but as far as you going into their dreams personally, I don't know the full extent of how to do it but it is possible. If you can find a way to be there with that person and fall asleep in the same area and make sure to have some kind of contact to them like touching their hand or holding it for the best result. This is just a basic example that I know of how to pull it off. For more information on how to enter someone else's dream I would seek a psychologist in order to gain more information.

Automatic writing I've done that claimed to be a spirit that lived long ago says he used to be a Dreamwalker and could do things like that, and that it is possible, and in fact an entire second life can be lived inside dreams, which can affect the waking world.

I gotta say I haven't seen anything that indicates any of this is possible so my vote is no, your friend needs some other sort of help, likely psychological.

If entering someones dreams is the same as having a shared dream with them then I would say its possible for sure. I've had a few shared dreams with my son so I know they are possible, which means I guess either he entered mine or I entered his or we were just at the same place together. And the dreams were too close to call anything else but a shared dream. So below is the main shared dream that made me think they are real. Its just there is no other way for me to look at it really because it was so obvious. We've had a few too and the shark one was pretty good as well. Anyway the paint one was best so far.

I've told this before I think but I had a dream maybe a year or so ago where I was walking around my house in the early morning and it had been spray painted(like vandalized)with red spray paint. It was painted all over the walls and the doors and just everywhere and I was in shock because I didnt know I was dreaming and I was just thinking who would do that to my house. Anyway I was walking through the house just looking and I stopped in a certain room and was thinking how the red paint was done how a child would do. Like the drawings and the words were written by like a 4yr and I was just in shock kinda and was trying to work it out. Anyway then my son ran into me which made me go lucider and I asked him about the paint and he said that he had done it and that we were dreaming or something and he was just running around having fun painting everything. I dont remember much more after that but just feeling relieved that my house wasnt trashed and it all just went white and the dream ended.

Anyway in the morning I asked my son first(without speaking of my dream)what he had dreamt(which I always do).. and he told me about how he dreamt that he was running around the house painting everything with red spray paint. I asked what else happened and he said that I leant down(which I think is when he bumped into me)and that he kissed me on the nose and a fairy came out. And that was pretty much his dream.

So I told him I was glad we were dreaming.

So yeah.. I think its possible to enter other peoples dreams or have them enter yours.

If you can share thoughts, you can easily share dreams, when people are thinking about their dream or telling part of a vague story, I can fill in tiny details like what the person looked like ,what color that chair they were sitting in..yes it's possible, anyone can do it I believe.

Again it's truely listening, because when you really listen your only listening to them and not planning what you're going to speak next

Again it's truely listening, because when you really listen your only listening to them and not planning what you're going to speak next

Such wise words.

You can apply that concept in all your conversations. Nothing makes a better impression than someone who really listened.

John

• 8 months later...

I don't know how much good this will do me, but still i feel compelled to confirm the possibility (and ability) to enter another persons dream. It should go without mention but just to be perfectly clear i have done this, and have been doing this, for several years now. Otherwise there is no way i would even allow myself to believe it was(& is) absolutely possible. The reasons it has taken me so long to seek a forum in which to explore this topic are many so let's just skip that part for now. I am in relationship of nearly 8 years now. Between the third and fourth year of our relationship my wife (the one person i care for more than anyone or anything in this realm of existence or any other, the one person i vow to protect with all of my breaths and every ounce of my being, the one person for whom i love (and learned how to love) with a capacity beyond my own comprehension) was suddenly and repeatedly having horrible nightmares and experiencing what is called sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis in itself is a very simply stated phrase used to explain something that is not easily explainable (there is much more to it than what the definition states is happening to you when you experience this phenomenon) so it is a term i use loosely and for simplicitys sake. But thats another topic back to the point. After a couple of times of this happening i began to awake suddenly enough to interrupt this occurence, which broke the paralysis immediately, and of course would then comfort her who would understandably be scared. This happened several times And often enough to confirm it was no coincidence. And then it did not happen for awhile. At the time i knew nothing about anything and did not have a computer and did not research through any other means. And then it started again. At first it was the same but we had gained the ability to combat or counter or defend against whatever it was that was happening. At times it would seem so much more intense than others as if something was trying harder and harder against our resistance. Still at this time we had only speculative ideas of what was happening. We moved several times and inbetween moves seemed to be the longest gaps in these events. And to cut a long story short these occurences evolved or changed to where the incidents would happen exclusively in her dreams and after a couple times of this happening was the first time i pulled her out of a dream. But not the last. There have been many different experiences the most recent being last night. So here i am searching. Thank you for listening to what i have to say. Any feedback would be appreciated. Again ty.

Edited by one and eleven

What would you be able to say to him in his dreams that you can't say to him while he's awake? I ask because if you don't know whether or not it's possible, then you might look for a quicker solution if you're only asking because you want to help your friend. If you've never done anything like that before, then it's kind of unlikely that you'll master it quickly. Even if you did, would you know what to do while there?

I agree with the suggestion to introduce your friend to lucid dreaming. Knowing that he can possibly control his dreams, and learning how to do it might help him to take some of the fear out of it. As for him being told to do things... is this scary to him because he feels tempted to do these things, because he suspects that some other person/entity is *literally* causing him to have these dreams, because the nature of the dreams is just generally disturbing? What he needs to do might depend on why he's so upset. If he is honestly afraid that he may hurt himself or someone else, then he needs to talk to a doctor about that. Maybe the medication he is on is not working. Maybe it's the medication which is causing it.

If you want to deal with this thing from a somewhat spiritual aspect as well, then I would seek out a professional, as someone else has recommended. Someone who has real experience with divination, dreams, and the like.

Aside from health issues, the other possibility is that he just has a lot of things on his mind. Whether it's guilt or fear, I wouldn't really know. But sometimes bottling things up, and not honestly dealing with them can cause those problems to come to life in other ways. He should probably start writing down his dreams, and looking at what they mean to him symbolically, and what in his life (currently or in the past) might be causing him to feel this way.

One thing's for sure.... feeding a fear only makes it worse. Aside from his health, if he can be convinced that they're just dreams, and that he doesn't need to be afraid, even if they are upsetting, then that might help the situation as well.

Very intriguing...one person meets another when they are both dreaming. Anyone of you heard of "lucid" dreams, when the person asleep is actually aware of being "a dream" and can alter the surroundings. Ok, you can have a nightmare of falling down into a deep hole to end in a pile of sharp tacks...but your mind changed the landing into one made up of pillows or marshmallows instead. The human brain is an amazing thing nature created over the millions of years of human evolution, a brilliant mind that doesn't stop while we are sleeping...and our power to change not only our dreams, but the world when we are awake. It could well be possible to enter another person's dreams, a better way to emotionally bond instead of a long, expensive & limited chance trip.

After a couple of times of this happening i began to awake suddenly enough to interrupt this occurence, which broke the paralysis immediately, and of course would then comfort her who would understandably be scared. This happened several times And often enough to confirm it was no coincidence. And then it did not happen for awhile. At the time i knew nothing about anything and did not have a computer and did not research through any other means. And then it started again. At first it was the same but we had gained the ability to combat or counter or defend against whatever it was that was happening. At times it would seem so much more intense than others as if something was trying harder and harder against our resistance. Still at this time we had only speculative ideas of what was happening. We moved several times and inbetween moves seemed to be the longest gaps in these events. And to cut a long story short these occurences evolved or changed to where the incidents would happen exclusively in her dreams and after a couple times of this happening was the first time i pulled her out of a dream. But not the last. There have been many different experiences the most recent being last night. So here i am searching. Thank you for listening to what i have to say. Any feedback would be appreciated. Again ty.

Hello and welcome to UM.

I am under the impression that everything happens for a reason. We do not live in a random cause and effect reality, it is actually quite well organized. As a result of my thinking on situations like the one you describe, I am inclined to look for the purpose behind the events.

The idea to combat, counter, or defend against something that may be intending to service your loved one in some way, may not be the best of choices. I realize that our culture is essentially uninformed about spiritual/energy matters. I recognize that many will disagree with this view, however my experiences with matters like this lead me to think this way.

Since you have some skill at contacting an awareness, may I suggest that you investigate the matter more that you have been inclined to do in the past. Ask the awareness about its intentions and purpose. Your assumptions that all unknown energies/awarenesses have harmful intent may not be valid.

John

Since he is not truly dreaming and you don't either, I would say NO.

Important thing to understand is that just because someone seems to be in turmoil does not mean a 'friend' can simply remove the turmoil. Both he and you need to get your priorities straight.

Hello and welcome to UM.

I am under the impression that everything happens for a reason. We do not live in a random cause and effect reality, it is actually quite well organized. As a result of my thinking on situations like the one you describe, I am inclined to look for the purpose behind the events.

The idea to combat, counter, or defend against something that may be intending to service your loved one in some way, may not be the best of choices. I realize that our culture is essentially uninformed about spiritual/energy matters. I recognize that many will disagree with this view, however my experiences with matters like this lead me to think this way.

Since you have some skill at contacting an awareness, may I suggest that you investigate the matter more that you have been inclined to do in the past. Ask the awareness about its intentions and purpose. Your assumptions that all unknown energies/awarenesses have harmful intent may not be valid.

John

First off thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my post. Just to give you a preview of my perspective i am and have always considered myself a very spiritual person, even having no religion. And i do not feel all of the many experiences i, or we, have have had are negative forces. But she has been plagued by seemingly negative experiences. But we have also had our share of positive spiritual experiences. Both seperate and together. But in the case of the most recent (happening on the night before my post) my ignorance got the best of me. Allow me to explain. We lay in bed and go to sleep @ 12pm. I begin to dream or so i thought. Before me appears the setting being the room in which we sleep. I see my wife leaned back on the love seat which should be right beside me but instead there is what i estimate to be 6 to 8ft away. But it seems much farther. My initial reaction was a smile inside, i was happy to see her seemingly content and peaceful. The room was dimlit as it was when we went to sleep. The next part is were i let my "fear" (for her well being) and my ignorance get the better of me. Which now after researching so many things that i have dealt with for such a long time, and not fully understood, i feel very silly about the whole situation. And now i also know i denied myself of a very grand experience. Back to the dream. I call out to great her. I cannot speak or even move my lips but am completely aware of my attempts in my subconcious minds mind. Then i see the the waves in the air throughout the room. Then as i continue to try calling out to her to no avail. Now the noise begins. First it starts out low and the more i attemp to gain her attention the louder it gets until i feel it reverberating throughout my body. Now zig-zag lines of horizontal waves fill the room along with the ever increasing thrumming noise and reverberation. It was extremely intense and i must admit it did instill a bit of fear into me. So now i'm trying to signal her with a arm and lastly a leg or foot. Then I heard a noise which i assumed was her realizing i was there and calling out to me. At this point i summon all of my strength and energy to surge towards her, and out of the stasis i seemed to be in. Then i awake surging across the bed and literally ramming into her at which point she stirs and with her eyes still closed and appearantly sleeping she mumbles something about a spell. Then i shake her gently and ask her if she is ok she says yes im ok and then suddenly awakens and is a bit shaken and wondering why she is talking to me remembering nothing of what she has already said. Now after researching i know i cheated myself out of a very near out of body experiece. So the first thing i googled was dreamspell which lead me on a long two days of research and reading. Still i have many questions. The most prominent being how she obviously knew something of what was going on at least on a subconcious level. Having not actually remembered anything after effectively waking. Any extra insight into this happening would be greatly appreciated. And again thank you for your time and reply.

Then i shake her gently and ask her if she is ok she says yes im ok and then suddenly awakens and is a bit shaken and wondering why she is talking to me remembering nothing of what she has already said. Now after researching i know i cheated myself out of a very near out of body experiece. So the first thing i googled was dreamspell which lead me on a long two days of research and reading. Still i have many questions. The most prominent being how she obviously knew something of what was going on at least on a subconcious level. Having not actually remembered anything after effectively waking. Any extra insight into this happening would be greatly appreciated. And again thank you for your time and reply.

Hi,

At the subconscious level, all that we have ever expressed is present as an active energy. Those vast experiences, what we would call memory, influence everything we do at a so called conscious level. The information exchange between the subconscious and the conscious takes place through our instinctual region of the brain. Those who work with their senses are able to bring in that deeper awareness better than those who do not.

It is good that you are a spiritual person. I suspect that the spiritual essence of your loved one wishes to heal some of her past experiences. There is a lot of that going on these days. Keep in mind that the diverse nature of our experiences from all realms of reality create conflicts in our conscious logical mind where everything is seen in its most simplified form as either good or bad. Subconscious conflicts are healed when we can consciously have compassion and appreciation for all ways of being.

That is the essential understanding or view that I have on your circumstance.

John

• 1 month later...

One school of thought believes that healing can be accomplished while out of body. During an OBE, you must find, recognize and communicate with the subject. You must then expel spiritual energy at the same time the subject can draw upon it. All of these tasks are very difficult, especially if you're relying on dream interpretation as an alternative to what actually may be happening.

Another possibility is that your definition or interpretation of "dream" may be different for you than it is for the rest of us. For example, you may have a type of extra-sensory perception while lucid dreaming that allows you to read the thoughts of individuals who are also dreaming (ESLDP?). However, in this case, you would not be able to effect their dreams, nor would the subjects be able to see you. On the other hand, you may be having OBEs and not even know it.

During unconscious OBEs, or ones that are cluttered with dream symbolism, you may be able to temporarily possess the bodies of sleeping individuals. Robert Monroe claimed that he once possessed the body of a man who was fully awake. However, even though Monroe claimed to have accessed the man's memories, he could not tell what the man was thinking. In your case, I'm not sure how this would work for two dreaming subjects sharing the same body.

Other than science fiction, what you have doesn't fit into any known paranormal category to date. This doesn't mean that it isn't true; it just doesn't currently have any historical information for a frame of reference.

The inability to move is called sleep paralysis. During the hypnogogic stage (before falling asleep) and hypnopompic stage (before waking up), we are highly susceptible to hallucinations. If you find yourself having hallucinations during sleep paralysis, try not to worry too much about it. The greater the fear, the worse the hallucination. Next time, try moving your right pinky finger.

During sleep stage 1 (alpha) and sleep stage 2 (beta), you can carry on complete and rational conversations with anyone and not remember anything about it after waking up. This is normal.

• 8 months later...

I know im a bit late commenting. but it is possible. I had been trying for years to enter a dream of my friends,so i decided to see a shaman he put two crystals in my hand and i fell asleep nothing happended so i thought another failure but i fell asleep the night after and i saw my friend and we both knew it was a dream so we visted places together in this dream. The next day we met up and he clapsed when he actually knew i was there. I have never done it since but just keep trying!

I know im a bit late commenting. but it is possible. I had been trying for years to enter a dream of my friends,so i decided to see a shaman he put two crystals in my hand and i fell asleep nothing happended so i thought another failure but i fell asleep the night after and i saw my friend and we both knew it was a dream so we visted places together in this dream. The next day we met up and he clapsed when he actually knew i was there. I have never done it since but just keep trying!

• 1 year later...

Hi, I am still a Newbie at the part of Dreaming and all that stuff. ^^

But I think one of the best options are, first:

He should learn how to Lucid Dream. (Learn to fully control his dreams, be aware of your dreams)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

second:

He should go to a hypnotist and he will do the rest.

I hope I've helped.

Fear_Me

Going into

his dreams.....

OK, it sounds like your friend is having a serious problem that is affecting his day to day life. I'm almost wondering if he is developing some form of schizophrenia. I suggest your friend continues talking to doctors and probably psychologists. It can be hard to find cures, doctors aren't perfect. My sister had to go to many people until they found out what was causing her mysterious illness.

Most of all, give him lots of support and encourage him to keep looking until something works.

• 4 weeks later...

It is possible i have very strong empathy and i have a friend who has amazing esp and we were meditating reading each others thoughts but then i went upstairs to get food and when i came back my friend was asleep. I decided since my friend took all the pillows and blankets that i should meditate so for 4 and a half hours i sent thoughts at him and imagined myself in his dream then told him things. When he woke up he immediately asked why i was in his dream? and i told him all the things i thought for him to hear and he said it was word for word. Also after experimenting with this i can alter his dreams to nightmares or peaceful or anything if i take the time. However i do not know if you can help your friend and if you can you may both have to be psychic and your best chance is through meditataion.