Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yeti photo fetches $7K at auction

Owlscrying

London - A photograph of a footprint suspected to be that of a yeti sold at a Christie’s auction in London for 3,500 pounds ($7,089).

The photograph was taken during a 1951 mountaineer expedition to Mount Everest.

"There has been a great excitement over the yeti photograph," Christie’s spokesman said.

"What it is, I don’t know," wrote expedition member Tom Bourdillon on the back of the photo, "but I am quite clear that it is no animal known to live in the Himalaya, and that it is big."

Legend has it a yeti is a large apelike creature that inhabits the Himalayas. It was first reported by N. A. Tomaz of the Royal Geographic Society in 1925

go

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nativechick1989

• Smeagol1

• goalienan

• swtp

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's the photograph that I am thinking of then somebody's just wasted 7000$ because everyone has already seen it.

For that much money i would want a video of and a personal interview with yeti himself!

Geez...thats a lotta money.................

I don't believe pix, pix can be fake(d).

For that much money i would want a video of and a personal interview with yeti himself!

:lol::w00t:

Weither the pic is real or not is irrelvant, the money alone will encourage people to fake more sightings so if a genuine pic turns up itll get lost amongst all the fakes, same applies to ufo pics ,etc etc.