Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Greek Navy Throws Illegal Immigrants Into Sea

supercar

I just hope the big mouth that are getting happy for the dead people, never have to leave their countries like inmigrants, be legal or not....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• questionmark

• Caesar

• Atheist God

Top Posters In This Topic

Greece has a pattern of inhumane treatment of immigrants:

AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL

Public Statement

AI Index: EUR 25/007/2007 (Public)

News Service No: 112

18 June 2007

Amnesty International is deeply concerned by a video clip that has appeared on the Internet showing two migrants -- one of whom is known to be Albanian -- detained at Omonia police station in central Athens being beaten by police officers and being forced to slap each other repeatedly. The incident took place in June 2006 but the video was only circulated on 16 June 2007. The senior officer involved reportedly stated to journalists, "I did it for a laugh. I wasn't beating them for any particular reason but because I wanted us to have a bit of fun". He, along with three other officers, has now been suspended from duty and an investigation is underway.

Amnesty International condemns the incident and welcomes the swift action taken by the authorities following the publication of the video. Nevertheless, Amnesty International is concerned that the video emerged amid rumours that other such videos exist, and at a time when lawyers and human rights groups have reported to the organization that allegations of ill-treatment in Greece are on the increase.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/document.php?lan...ENGEUR250072007

Yes, and a next of kind report along with LOTS of pictures. I'll be expecting the 44 page report on my desk monday morning.

Hmmm.. ok guys, pictures? nah, except of the guys claiming they have been thrown into the sea in Turkish waters by the Greek Navy.

Starting on Monday there will be an inquiry into this but so far there is a total lack of hard evidence.

Keep ya posted.

You're chairing an Enquiry questionmark ? :o

Wow. Can we come and watch ? (we promise we won't heckle from the public gallery :D )

Meow Purr.

You're chairing an Enquiry questionmark ? :o

Meow Purr.

Where did you get that?

...and heckling... yeh... like you are not banned from the gallery in your hometown :devil: