Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost of previous relations

jwalker

I once heard this story from my mum.

My grandfather always wanted to see his grandchildren. But alas, he past away before me and my sister was born.

my mum said that when my sister was born, my grandfather would visit every night for a few weeks. He would come in the middle of the night when it was quiet and sing a lulaby.

any of this every happen to you guys ??

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• Halo_Jones

• jwalker

• Kira

Yes,

My Grandfather died just before I was born and my Mum saw him a few times standing over my cot.

Also my Mum had a near Death experience where she went through the "tunnel" and was met by my Grandfather who told her,to be strong and have faith as she must go back to complete her life.

Also when my Daughter was born I woke up to see a mist evaporating over her cot, and my mum had a dream that night that my Nan and Grandad had been to see my daughter.

There was a white Feather in her cot!

So whenever I see a white feather outside our house I  

tell my children its a sign from the Angels to let us know that they are looking after us. :su

[blue]Halo, when there are no feathers, do you get paranoid? lol.

I heard that 90% of people seeing ghosts are seeing ghosts of relatives who have died - ie. widows and widowers.  When you're close to someone, then it's probably more of a likelihood that you're going to come back and see that person. In this case, I would say that it's not a ghost, it's a spirit manifestation. Fine line, maybe, but ghosts are repeat performances of previous events, in my opinion.

[/blue] :s06

:s2lol LB

I don't get paranoid, I live on the coast (lots of sea gulls)

but we can't walk down the road without my little ones picking feathers up, we have a HUGE collection. ;D

I have a very similar experience.

I was very close to my 'Gramps' and he came to vivst us two weeks before he died. I was 6 at the time. That New Years eve I saw him walk into my parents bedroom, I followed him and started to cry this woke my mum,who had been dreaming of my Gramps then.

I have had a few people comment that they have seen an elderly man walking behind me, and then go one to describe my Gramps.

When I was expecting my daughter, I woke up one nite to the smell of my gramps pipe and went down stairs to find him stood there so I had a long yap with him and he knew that I was carrying a girl. So hence the name Rhiannon..... well that and cos of the Fleetwood Mac song.

[blue]When my sister and I were in our schooldays, my gran and grandad lived around the corner from the school and so we used to go for our lunch there on a regular basis. In 1984 my grandad died but we continued to go have lunch with my gran.

About three months afterwards a friend of my sister told her in passing that she had seen my grandad the other day walking down the road. She said he had smiled at her as she had passed.

My sister then told her that he had died a couple of months before. The friend, not knowing this, was adamant that the person she had seen was my grandad. Obviously it was not him and from questioning her friend, we determined that either she had seen someone who looked incredibly like my grandad (which she still denies to this day) or she indeed did see good old gramps.

[/blue] :)

Hmm.. I never had any experience with the paranormal. At least none I know of. Relatives that come back ae not an option yet because no one who's close to me died.  :D

I have an agreement with a friend of mine that we will visit the person when one of us is dead. But I hope that I have to wait for that day for a long, long time.  :s5

I think that, as Loonboy kinda said, it's a spiritual thing. There really is a connection in our subconcience with dead relatives. There energy or something must still affect us. We can still "see" them because we know their "energy" very well because they are relatives.

Odin S. :s9

Aboout 2 weeks after my grandad died i was walking down the path to my house and saw him standing in the liveing room. When i got into the house he had gone. Not sure how old i was i think i was around 16 at the time.

I have an agreement with a friend of mine that we will visit the person when one of us is dead.

I made a promise like that with my best friend: which ever one of us dies first will haunt the other one through life--I hope that's me. ;D

My mum's dad died when she was six years old, and they moved out of that house the very same year, I think. But my grandmother and other set of grandparents are still alive (very, very old though), so I can't compare with this "third of the previous family generations" pattern. But my mum told me that my dad's grandmother had lived a terribly lonely life, and only wished for someone to be by her bed side when the time came for her to die. But she died alone, and apparently appeared to one of her daughters as a spirit. It's not a very detailed story--might not even be true, I suppose.  :s9

• 2 weeks later...

haunt your friend ?? .. thats just freaky. .

haha , haunt him in the shower. .

i had a dream once, that a ghost was trying to suck me down the shower drain . DAMN FREAKY DRAIN..  :sk

• 2 weeks later...

My Grandma passed away in May 1995.  She had been hospitalized for a couple of weeks before she died.  My parent flew out to the States to see her while my little sister and I were left at my Aunt and uncles place.  

The morning after she passed away I woke up feeling very miserable.  Squinting through my tears, I saw her sitting in the chair in the room we were sleeping in.  She looked content and tranquil and at peace.  It’s an image I shall never forget.  :se