Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Gay bomb' scoops Ig Nobel award

UM-Bot

user posted image rPioneering research into a "gay bomb" that makes enemy troops "sexually irresistible" to each other has scooped one of this year's Ig Nobel Prizes. Other winners included work on treating hamster jetlag with impotency drugs, extracting vanilla from cow dung, and the side-effects of sword swallowing.

The awards, founded in 1991, mark achievements that "first make people laugh, and then make them think".

news icon View: Full Article | Source: BBC News

• Like 2

linked-imagePioneering research into a "gay bomb" that makes enemy troops "sexually irresistible" to each other has scooped one of this year's Ig Nobel Prizes. Other winners included work on treating hamster jetlag with impotency drugs, extracting vanilla from cow dung, and the side-effects of sword swallowing. The awards, founded in 1991, mark achievements that "first make people laugh, and then make them think". The prize ceremony took place at Harvard University, US. Genuine Nobel Laureates handed out the much-coveted awards to the winners, who took away no cash, but instead received a hand-made prize, a certificate, and, of course, the glory of such an illustrious win. Sword effects: Dan Meyer, executive director of Sword Swallowing Association International and an author of the British Medical Journal paper Sword Swallowing and its Side-Effects, said: "I was surprised and extremely honoured when I found out I was not only nominated for an Ig Nobel prize but that I had won it. I couldn't believe it." He told the BBC News website that the study revealed that when professional sword swallowers ingested a single sword very carefully, it did not do much harm, but swallowing many swords, strangely shaped blades, or being distracted when swallowing, could cause injury. The findings also suggested that sword swallowers should not swallow swords if they already had a sore throat, he said. Unfortunately, said the organisers, nobody from the US military who carried out the research on chemicals that could prompt homosexual dalliances amongst rival troops (a research project called Harassing, Annoying and "Bad Guy" Identifying Chemicals) attended the ceremony because the study's authors could not be tracked down.

Real research: The Ig Nobel Prizes were created by the Annals of Improbable Research (AIR), a science magazine. The Ig Nobels celebrate the unusual side of research The awards, now in their 17th year, are intended to "celebrate the unusual, honour the imaginative - and spur people's interest in science, medicine and technology".

linked-image View: Full Article | Source: BBC News

A "gay bomb"? Is that real reasearch carried out by our "wonderful" (yes that was sarcasm) military? Unbelievable.....but then it is the US military.....

• Like 1

The chemical makes people sexually irresiabile? Man. I got to get me some of that! :lol:

hahahaahhaahaha

they have the true Axe Effect! i could use some actually, or will it not help me at all but simply make all the women aroused among themselves?

Other winners included work on treating hamster jetlag with impotency drugs, extracting vanilla from cow dung, and the side-effects of sword swallowing.

linked-image

who the heck wants a gay bomb unless they r gay them selves and wat the r the army going to do with it, its not as if they want the enemy to spend more time in bed then on the war field :no:

I think these guys should team up with the guys that promote the Darwin awards every year and they can have an IQ deficient hootenanny! :lol:

Katana357 :D

Edited by Katana357

I think these guys should team up with the guys that promote the Darwin awards every year and they can have an IQ deficient hootenanny! :lol:

Katana357 :D

:lol:

sh**, how bout one that makes you irresitable to WOMEN..

Sure its a big compliment when a gay dood is checking you out..but I dont swing/shoot/[verb] that way..

"Right Men, are you ready! Keep your eye's peeled, the enemy's been sighted in the vicinity... I think we'll, LOOK OUT! INCOMING! GET DOWN..OH SH"T IT'S A GAYBOMB!, **BLLLAAAMMOOOON!**.............................

....oh oh dear... is everyone ok? has anyone seen my teapot? where's my teapot. It's lovely, it has a spout and everything."

linked-image

:lol:

"Right Men, are you ready! Keep your eye's peeled, the enemy's been sighted in the vicinity... I think we'll, LOOK OUT! INCOMING! GET DOWN..OH SH"T IT'S A GAYBOMB!, **BLLLAAAMMOOOON!**.............................

....oh oh dear... is everyone ok? has anyone seen my teapot? where's my teapot. It's lovely, it has a spout and everything."

:lol::lol:

Oh, Billy! :lol::rofl::lol:

Thanks for the laugh! :D

Post of the week! :D

• 3 weeks later...

What the hell? would they have onversations like this:

'oooooooo you look so hot in army boots!'

'oh my how sweet of you to notice'

'you have beautiful eyes'

'lets make out!'

'hell yeah!'

then do all the bomber dudes come and kill them all whilst they are snogging or something?

I saw a comedian years ago, talking about the prospect of letting gays serve in the U.S. military.

He had a great line:

"But captain, I couldn't shoot him! He was GORGEOUS!"

• 5 years later...

THAT WOULD BE THE MOST USEFUL TOOL IN THE WAR! ALL IS FAIR!

They need to drop Maxwell Smarts Nude Bomb at the same time.

Bloody hell, do it right.

Nude+Bomb.jpg

And the plans have been leaked

Gay+Bomb+4.jpg

If they ever drop this, I hope we are at war with Gaddafi.

aa5.jpg

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

'Fallout'..........

29b69f62-9ae5-42dc-92a0-4ab19730ab25_zps0d323787.jpg

• Like 1

Well, at least having people to make out with each other instead of killing each other would seem to be less destructive...

could someone drop one on the westboro baptists for gods' sake!!