Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Some questions on the Bible and God

Tooth_and_Claw

ok well... i got some questions on the bible and the way god worked

i havent read the bible and im sorry if i have it wrong or if the questions have been aswered before

god made adam and eve, but today the world is full of people who have different ethnicity. if he made two people in the way he saw fit, wouldnt we all have the same ethnicity today. adam and eve were the first two people in there world so they must have had a pure gene as there was nothing to go on. so if for example they were both chinese, their child would be and so one, so how did we get people who look so different. african people look different to english people.

if there were two people at the beginning of the world and they were made the way god intended why do we still look the same now. technically to populate the world there would have been inbreeding (as i said i havent read the bible so i dont know much). im sure inbreeding makes people mutanted......?? so if thats true we wouldnt look the same

god made all the animals the way he intended. he made the snake, which could talk to eve. if that was right wouldnt snakes talk now?

another topic would be the ark that noah built. if the animals went on in pairs, to repopulate they would have to inbreed or breed with other species, so the gene of the actuall animal that went on would die out. if two zebras went on the boat, the would inbreed or breed with say a horse. the more inbreeding they do the less percentage of their gene is actually zebra and it would die out, leaving no zebras. so why are there zebras now?

also god made the earth and the universe in the dark? if it was me personally i would have made light and then have a look at what i had to work with.

one last thing, if god is everywhere, when the snake went to talk to eve, why didnt he tell the snake to go away, cause he was the one who messed everything up.

well....thats all i have to say

i dnt mean to offend anyones religion or nothing, its just i was wondering

thanks,

rosie

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tooth_and_Claw

• Mr Walker

• Jor-el

• Bluefinger

Alright...12 years of Catholic education ACTIVATE!

1-

god made adam and eve, but today the world is full of people who have different ethnicity. if he made two people in the way he saw fit, wouldnt we all have the same ethnicity today

God scattered all the people of the earth and changed our languages to be different after we built the Tower of Babel, thus creating different races and languages.

if there were two people at the beginning of the world and they were made the way god intended why do we still look the same now.

Magic. Plus maybe we don't look the same. the catholic church holds the adam and eve story as metaphorical.

god made all the animals the way he intended. he made the snake, which could talk to eve. if that was right wouldnt snakes talk now?

It's a metaphor. Plus, the serpent was really the devil in disguise, not a real snake.

also god made the earth and the universe in the dark?

That's not true. The first thing God said in the creation of the universe was "let there be light."

So he created the sun first, then the planets and the rest of creation.

one last thing, if god is everywhere, when the snake went to talk to eve, why didnt he tell the snake to go away, cause he was the one who messed everything up.

The catholic doctrine is that God made man with free will, because he wanted them to love him of their own accord. For the love of his creation to mean anything, he had to let them have the ability to reject Him.

Catholic doctrine is that most of the creation OT is methaphorical, though.

wow wee!

thanks for that......me and ma mates at school talked it over for ages and........well nothing came out of it.

also god is seen as the highest power (something like that), so did he make the devil.....or where did the devil come from?

god made adam and eve, but today the world is full of people who have different ethnicity. if he made two people in the way he saw fit, wouldnt we all have the same ethnicity today. adam and eve were the first two people in there world so they must have had a pure gene as there was nothing to go on. so if for example they were both chinese, their child would be and so one, so how did we get people who look so different. african people look different to english people.

As the post before me says, the story of the tower of babel. I'm not religious, but I have read the bible many times. Something that doesn't make any sense is the same question you asked, but also the reason God changed people's languages was because they were building a tower that reached heaven. Guess what, that's impossible. We haven't even built a building into space, so where is this heaven in the bible? No one knows.

technically to populate the world there would have been inbreeding (as i said i havent read the bible so i dont know much). im sure inbreeding makes people mutanted......?? so if thats true we wouldnt look the same

True, and you know what? God is against breeding with people in your family. But it had to happen in order to populate the earth, odd...

Magic. Plus maybe we don't look the same. the catholic church holds the adam and eve story as metaphorical.

Of course it is metaphorical, it was also taken from ancient sumerian stories predating the bible.

It's a metaphor. Plus, the serpent was really the devil in disguise, not a real snake.

Jews would disagree with that.

i havent read the bible and im sorry if i have it wrong or if the questions have been aswered before

Well, my best answer would be this: God did make Adam and Eve, literally. They had kids, that had kids that had kids, ect. Those were wiped out and started again with Noah. Noah's kids had kids, ect. Well, God confused their languages and they began to spread out abroad the earth. This was a good five thousand years ago or so. These people moved to various locations with different climates and altitudes. We can see today that the appearances and attributes of those from Africa GREATLY differ from those from Russia and Norway, ect. The Chinese have a tendency to be more fair in complexion than their Japanese neighbors. Their eyes look similar, but their size and complexion differ. This can be greatly due to the geographic location and the climate there. Notice that Africans mostly have larger nostrils than Russians. This is because the Africans live in a hot climate where they don't need to retain as much body heat as those in Russia who live in cold climates and need to retain more body heat.

if there were two people at the beginning of the world and they were made the way god intended why do we still look the same now. technically to populate the world there would have been inbreeding (as i said i havent read the bible so i dont know much). im sure inbreeding makes people mutanted......?? so if thats true we wouldnt look the same
Indeed. If you notice the creation story, it showed that there was body of water above the atmosphere. We know that the body of water isn't there today. So either it wasn't there, or it disappeared (i.e. fell on earth). You can imagine that while it was there, the earth was like a tropical climate every where and there was no precipitation. Also, the radiation from the sun would have been absorbed more than it is today. You can see in fossils and records that animals and humans were either slightly different or drastically different from today. This may be in part of either location and climate or radiation levels. What caused us to shrink. What causes us to grow taller? You see where I'm getting at. And yes, inbreeding did take place. However, there less defects then than there are today. You don't breed two people with a history of cancer with the guarantee that there child will not carry on that history.

Yes, and they would have legs and be more intelligent as well. But, we see that dolphins can communicate and are more intelligent than snakes. Obviously, God changed things.

another topic would be the ark that noah built. if the animals went on in pairs, to repopulate they would have to inbreed or breed with other species, so the gene of the actuall animal that went on would die out. if two zebras went on the boat, the would inbreed or breed with say a horse. the more inbreeding they do the less percentage of their gene is actually zebra and it would die out, leaving no zebras. so why are there zebras now?
Why wouldn't zebras have more than one zebra offspring when inbreeding? If the zebras actually did inbreed with horses, then either the zebras we have today are not full blood zebras. I don't see the relevance of this question. What am I missing?

also god made the earth and the universe in the dark? if it was me personally i would have made light and then have a look at what i had to work with.

thanks,

rosie

Actually, according to Genesis, light was the first thing made. It was made on the first day. However, the sun, moon and stars were not made until the third day. So where did the light come from? This would be spiritual. When God speaks, its as sure as though it were already fulfilled, even though it isn't yet. Thats how powerful and faithful God is.

If God had to be everywhere, it wouldn't give man the integrity to make a choice on his own. Does God have to hold our hand everywhere we go? If so, then wouldn't our contributions be guided and instructed rather than natural and sincere?

Edited by Bluefinger

the questions you have asked clearly show that Bible is like any other fable, it can't be logically dissected , I see nobody

trying to make sense of Cinderella

the questions you have asked clearly show that Bible is like any other fable, it can't be logically dissected , I see nobody

trying to make sense of Cinderella

cinderella isn't the light of the world...

randomhit10

God made Adam and Eve.

Adam means Mankind.

Eve means Womankind.

Their kids went off to the land of Nod (or whatever) to take wives,

meaning there were other humans around at the same time anyway.

This explains why there was no inbreeding, no mutations.

Then add in the tower of babel and voila - we lal look and sound different.

Everyone else has answered everything else.

Plenty of people have

They have, and you already have some good answers in this thread. No need to be sorry for natural curiousity. It is one of the things which brings most of us to this site.

You have already been given some traditional answers. I might add that god could have created us with a potentially diverse genetic makeup and the ability to evolve quickly to environmental change ,so that as mankind spread around the world, he found a body which best fitted each environment.

The traditional answer to this is that adam and eve were without sin, and created in the image of god. Thus, they were long lived and genetically perfect. They seemed to take a long period to mature also, from some biblical translations. Thus their children, while less perfect as sin found its way into our lives, were still strong, powerful and long lived individuals. There was no sin in the relationship, because it fell within god's original laws and parameters to "go forth and multilpy". God intended, and designed them, to have sex, and to populate the earth.

A good question. It is possible in the garden of eden that there was a form of communication between god and all his creations, which does not exist now. After all, they all lived in peace and harmony. So possibly eve and the serpent did literally speak to each other. The more traditional response is that the snake was actiually Lucifer, the leader of the angels in heaven who had commenced a rebellion against god. Certainly, all the evidence is that angels can shapeshift and speak in various ways(verbally and mentally ) with human beings.

Another good question, and one which brings up an interesting biblical point. Noah did not just take two of each animal. He took two of the unclean ones, but of evey animal which was part of the people's food supply, the bible says he took in more than just two (Presumably to ensure a food supply.) Again, a traditional response would be that god was quite capable of ensuring no genetic flaws in the animals chosen. However, there is some evidence that many animals died out since the flood. So the limited number of animals on the ark may have had an effect on some species.

For a short account, genesis can be quite confusing. It appears to be either two accounts of the same thing, in which some details change, or one long account with some additions. I can't help you with this one personally, as I never studied its interpretation in great detail. However, there is some implication, within the overall context of the bible, that the formation told in the bible, while it took literally 6 days, was restricted to earth. The history of heaven, its inhabitants and the other worlds which constitute it, are obviously much longer than the thousands of years, plus one week which meet the bible truth. So god might have created the earth, and us, much later than the rest of the heavens. In which case he would have had all the light required.(if he needed light) Or it might simply be that the original recipients of gods words did not have the technological and conceptual ability to visualise how god manipulated, transformed and "created", energy, matter, space, and time, to construct us and our world, so they just recounted it as accurately as they could. To them it fitted the natural order, as understood by their science of the day.

You have asked a question at the crux of belief, and pivotal to the whole biblical story, and that of salvation. Angels and humans were both created in god's image. Part of this was the provision of a free will, and ability to choose. If god had not given us these, we would be preprogrammed robots, incapable of learning, growth and development. It was never preordained or predestined that we would go against god's will. After all, none of the other heavenly families had done so , and Lucifers insurrection was the first rebellion in heaven. So god could have prevented sin entering the world, but at the cost of our natural souls. As it is, we all have a chance at salvation, which we would not have if god had intervened, either then or even today, to save us from ourselves .Salvation and response to god's will has always been, and must always remain, a matter of personal choice. This is, arguably, god's greatest gift to us as his creations.

I am more likely to "offend" people with my interpretations, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

thanks,

rosie

You are more than welcome.

Edited by Mr Walker

thanks for all the replies to my thread. i dont mean to sound appologetic but i know that peoples beliefes can be offended very easily and thats not what im trying to do.

im starting to get an understanding from all your answers (i cant be bothered to quote cos im tired :) )

i like what cloud0729 mentioned as it just proves that everyone thinks differently depending on their religion.

alot of the questions were not though out, like the zebra one, as i was just emptying my mind, trying to look for an explaination.

but i have another question?

i was trying to find all the ways the world was made, and i have a science teacher who goes on forever......he told me that the big band theory on the world could work, because ( it went something like this) tiny particles can pop around and grab energy from no where, so the creation of the earth could have been when a particle didnt have enough energy to "pop" from one place to another and got stuck

now i appologise for that as its extremely vague, but i cant remember much of what he says cos his voice makes me tired

id like to repeat the question... who created the devil (if you believe he was the snake)...? because unless i havent looked properly i havent seen it in anyones answers. if god was the highest power and nthing was before him he would have created the devil. or if the devil came first isnt he a higher power than god.

one more thing....

if adam and eve were pure and without sin why did god have that big flood? and save noah and his family. now my thought would be that because of freewill humans ruined the world he created but im not sure.

thanks again

thanks for all the replies to my thread. i dont mean to sound appologetic but i know that peoples beliefes can be offended very easily and thats not what im trying to do.

im starting to get an understanding from all your answers (i cant be bothered to quote cos im tired :) )

i like what cloud0729 mentioned as it just proves that everyone thinks differently depending on their religion.

alot of the questions were not though out, like the zebra one, as i was just emptying my mind, trying to look for an explaination.

but i have another question?

i was trying to find all the ways the world was made, and i have a science teacher who goes on forever......he told me that the big band theory on the world could work, because ( it went something like this) tiny particles can pop around and grab energy from no where, so the creation of the earth could have been when a particle didnt have enough energy to "pop" from one place to another and got stuck

now i appologise for that as its extremely vague, but i cant remember much of what he says cos his voice makes me tired

id like to repeat the question... who created the devil (if you believe he was the snake)...? because unless i havent looked properly i havent seen it in anyones answers. if god was the highest power and nthing was before him he would have created the devil. or if the devil came first isnt he a higher power than god.

one more thing....

if adam and eve were pure and without sin why did god have that big flood? and save noah and his family. now my thought would be that because of freewill humans ruined the world he created but im not sure.

thanks again

I'm am certianly not the most educated on the bible here, (I ask many questions myself) but I do know a bit and maybe I can add something here. (Obviously, it's up to be corrected...I'm a student of God as well)

God did create the devil. The devil was an angel before he became what is now known as the "devil." (I'm not completely sure he was called Lucifer in the bible or not) But he was referred to as Lucifer, and he was one of the most beautiful of God's angel's. I believe what happened was something on the lines of Lucifer was jealous of God's love for and gifts given to humanity, so he began a rebellion. Lucifer was cast out of heaven for this, and there was a challenge to see if he could sway people from God's love. This come to what is traditionally referred to as "the devil."

I've never really been one for the big bang...so I suppose I can't help you too much there.

As far as causing the flood, if I recall correctly, yes it was that the people that were already created were abusing their rights to free will. That's obviously (we're in the same ballpark here lol) extremely vague, but basically God wanted to wash away the abuse going on and the sin created, and start anew with his truly loving and loyal followers.

Hope that may have given some insight ;)

Edited by Ambriel

Yes, biblically lucifer was the leader of one third of the angels who rebelled against god's authority. Lucifer mislead adam and eve. Certainly they did not die immediately but by disobeying god they lost their immortal nature and died eventually.

Many other "sins" came into the world through this disobedience.The bible will tell you dozens of them, but just think about all the bad aspects of human nature to come up with most.

Now that sin was in the world, god had to find another way to protect his people . He gave them laws, and told them to obey those laws. When they refused, society broke down. Families and individuals and societies experienced terrible suffering. God warned and punished but still most men acted badly

Eventually the flood was sent to cleane the world of all sinners. Only Noah and his family were selected as good people. But even within them the seed of "original sin" continued. It soon found fertile ground, and man continued to disobey god.

Eventually god decided to try another tack. He offered a part of him as a sacrifice, but put it in human form so that it could take on all the sin of humanity. Through the sacrifice of this part man/ part god(jesus) we may all be washed free of original sin. While we may still be sinners because of our human nature we are given a second chance at immortality if we accept the sacrifice, repent our sins, and do all we can to follow god's laws for good governance on earth. In other words follow the laws as outlined in the bible.

Hi, Tooth and Claw, while there are already a few answers to your questions, and they are certainly a good place to start, I would like to add here for your consideration a few points which may differ slightly from the traditional and even the secular approach to these issues. I'm not going to say that my version is correct and the others are incorrect but after having spent many years studying these very issues for myself, I thought that you would appreciate a stance that can actually explain things in a logical and straightforeward way.

Ethnicity as we call the subject is actually what is termed a superficial mutation, in other words, the different peoples that inhabit the earth, are all the same genetically, but have superficial mutations in their genes that allow them to be physically different in terms of appearance. Just as people within a specific race have different appearences, whether it be eye colour or hair colour, these mutations also alter what we percieve to be differences in ethnicity. These slight mutations are caused by various things, ranging from climate, to population groups that interbred with one another.

Ethnicity or race is considered by scientists to be a very recent development in terms of genetic mutation, probably in the last 30,000 years or so. It also presupposes that before these mutations took place, that humankind was very similar in appearnce, since we also all come from a very limited geographic location, somewhere in Africa. Which also means that mankind was probably also originally dark-skinned, before differentiation took place.

Any population group you can think of, started with a male and female which bred and interbred until they achieved enough genetic diversity to be called species. Science itself has shown that even though there are genetic mutations in the 1st few generations, that when a population becomes sufficiently large, it will diversify into groupings which enable that population group to become genetically stable (ie, no mutations over a certain percentage).

Thus we can see that there is absolutely no reason to doubt what genesis says in regards to human development as far as population growth and ethnic diversity is concerned.

There is only one problem with this idea, which by the way is held by most christians, the original hebrew word for snake or rather "serpent" is the word "Nachash". Which actually has more than one translation depending on whether it is spoken as a noun, a verb or as an adjective.

As a noun, it is exactly what you see, a serpent or snake.

As a verb, it means, to conjure by magic or to divine by magic.

As an adjective, it means "shinning one" which is also where people get the word lucifer from. Lucifer simply means "Shinning one"

It is the opinion of experts in semetic languages, that the purpose of the use of this word in this context was done with all three meanings in mind. It is a simple play on words and was understood as such by even the Hebrews as such.

Simply put, the serpent was not actually a serpent at all, but a shinning Serpent like being who could speak and was quite well known to both Adam and Eve before this event. This was a member of the divine court of God or an Angel if you prefer.

Alot more can be said on the subject but this is enough for a simple explanation of the concept.

The same here would apply as with the issues regarding human population growth. The idea that two cannot repopulate a species is a misconception.

If you go read those 1st verses, you will see that by the time God says "Let there be light", the universe and the earth had already been created.

Therefore what people don't take into acount, is that these words do not refer to a universe where light did not yet exist, but rather that on the surface of the earth, no light was visible fom the stars and the sun. In effect, without going into too much detail, there is a speration of time between verse 1 of Genesis and verse to onward. What we actually have in Genesis is not the original creation of the world but rather a reconstruction of the world that was in ruin and desolation.

If you are interested in finding out more, I'll refer you to a post that has all the information in a more exrensive format. By the way, this in effect answers your questions you asked in post 10, so I would take a look at it...

See: Post 444, Post 467, Post 472 to 475

But God also created man with a free will. Man was given instructions, man chose to disobey them. What would have happened to our free will if God had intervened?

Even before sin and death came to mankind, we were still responsible for our own decisions. Especially after a direct command was given and purposefully disobeyed.

Edited by Jor-el

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gott3s5

1. Different ethnicity: The Bible explains why people have different languages and races in Genesis chapter 11, verses 8-9. In summary, the people in the world wanted to join together to make a stairway to heaven, so they would not need God to get to heaven. God confused their language, and caused a break-up of the population into smaller groups which scattered over the earth. There is a book that explains how a lot of Chinese words are directly related to the Genesis' creation story, called " The Discovery of Genesis: How the Truths of Genesis Were Found Hidden in the Chinese Language by C.H. Kang and Ethel R. Nelson." (If you want to read more about it, it's available for free online at http://213.239.196.174/huge/discoverygenesis.pdf)

There are also flood stories from around the world that are very similar to the story of Noah's Ark in the Bible. Most of the stories explain that only a few people in the world were saved after a huge flood that destroyed the rest of mankind. You can read about it here:http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/flood-myths.html.

That's why we look different and speak differently, but our genetic makeup is so alike that we can mate with any other race.

There are many colleges that teach that race is a socially defined concept. For example, if you are Chinese, you can be called Chinese-American, or Chinese today, but hundreds of years ago you would have just been called a Mongoloid. People used to think that it was impossible for different races to make children or donate blood to each other. But that is not true.

Most scientists who study child development and languages agree that there are more similarities than differences. (Linguists like Noam Chomsky, and any child development book)

2. When God made the earth, it was perfect. Adam and Eve lived without diseases, death, and suffering. After Eve took the forbidden fruit, that was the start of diseases. If you look at history of mankind, you will notice that there are more and more diseases now. Think about science for a minute. If survival of the fittest and evolution theory is true, humans should be getting more and more superior. But this is not true. We are getting more illnesses like Down Syndrome, Autism and other illnesses. There is a major increase in the need for special education teachers.

That's why during parts of the Bible, when human genetic makeup was close to perfection, people were allowed to breed with siblings. Later there was a rule not to breed with siblings because of interbreeding diseases.

3. Snakes talking: In the story of Adam and Eve, the snake could talk because it was Satan, or the devil, talking. There are people today that claim that supernatural events happen. Some people see ghosts (which I believe are demons), some people claim to see miracles. I can't logically prove to you the existence of a talking snake, or ghosts. But think of it as this:

If I were Satan, and I hate God, why would I still talk inside of snakes? If I did that, then everyone would know that talking snakes are real. Scientists agree that some snakes have vestigial hind limbs, which means they were walking at some point in time as stated in the Bible.

Another thing is, God really made things how they are intended. If evolution theory is true, how come with almost every animal, we have a male and female? How does evolution explain that?

4. Animals inbreeding: This goes back to the point that when the animals were created, they were perfect. Because of the fall of humans, animals started suffering. In the Garden of Eden animals didn’t even eat each other. They got along fine. Of course you can’t compare that to today. When Adam and Eve took the forbidden fruit, animals also started having diseases and would eventually die. On the other hand, there are plenty of animals today that are not interbreed, but they develop diseases.

5. God making things in the dark: The answer is also in the Bible. God is Almighty.

6. God could have told the snake to go away: God knows things before they even happen. God knew that Adam and Eve were going to be tempted and fall for Satan’s trick. The reason why God lets it happen is that everyone has free choice. Everyone has the free choice to do whatever they want… it’s just that there will be consequences later.

In the story of Job (Job chapter 1-42) in the Bible, it explains why God allows evil to exist. The story explains why good people have to suffer. I highly recommend you to read it because it’s one of my personal favorites.

Another reason is this. God could have made humans that would automatically do whatever they said to him. But what is the purpose of that? Would you want children who would do whatever you told them to do, and who have no choice of what they are doing? That would not make humans God’s children, that would make humans God’s robots.

In the same way, imagine you want a perfect boyfriend or girlfriend. Would you want a boyfriend/girlfriend who would do everything you say out of fear? Or would you want to meet someone who would do everything the way you want it to be because he or she loves you will all their heart?

God made humans and gave them absolute free will. And there are many parts in the Bible that explain that everything you do is out of your free will. Satan is always trying to mess your life up so you will turn away from God. (Read the story of Job… it’s really good at explaining it)

At the end of the Bible, the story of the Revelation, it explains how the Devil, or Satan will die. But why will he die so much later than the creation story?

It’s because God uses Satan to see who the true believers are. There are many people who say they believe in God but they don’t do what is asked of them in the Bible. There are people who believe in God, but once something bad happens, they don’t believe anymore. That is the reason why God is constantly using Satan to test people.

I have a lot more to share to you about the Bible, God, and Christianity if you are interested Rosie. There are plenty of scientific things that explain why things stated in the Bible is true. I'm not a real expert, but there are many books that explain them. They're just not taught in schools. But for anyone who is interested, I am willing to share why I believe in Jesus Christ. For anyone who is interested, email me at gott3s5@yahoo.com.

Guest gott3s5

The devil:

The devil in Christian belief comes in many forms. He is not necessary only in the form of a snake. God created the Devil. But the Devil, or Satan, has to ask permission from God in order to be allowed to do things. I really don’t want to spoil the story of Job because it’s a really good story to read. But read the story of Job in the Bible. It tells you that God and the Devil actually talk to each other and interact with each other. You can ask me questions about it afterwards if it’s still unclear.

God has authority over everything and everyone. But he gives all humans and angels free will. The devil used to be an angel that was God’s favor. He was beautiful and god gave him power. But the devil thought that he could be more powerful than God, so he rebelled against God. When he rebelled against God, he convinced one third of the angels to rebel against God. You will see in the story of Job that the devil has limited powers. (It took me a few days to read the book of Job, but it’s really good. It really explains the power of Satan that God gave him.)

Adam and Eve:

Adam and Eve were the first two humans created. I take the Bible literally for the creation story. Noah lived about four generations down from Adam. You can look at the chart:

http://www.agapebiblestudy.com/charts/Gene...0Adam-Moses.htm

Adam and Eve lived for a while without sin. But then Eve ate the forbidden fruit that God told them not to eat. Before they ate the fruit, Adam and Eve lived in direct contact with God. After they ate the fruit, they were not allowed to live in the Garden of Eden.

Noah comes a lot later. When Noah was alive, all the people in the world rejected God. They worshipped idols, they murdered, they were sexually immoral, etc. Basically, everyone in the world ignored God, rejected God, and even hated God. God decided to punish everyone, except Noah’s family, who were obedient to God. After the flood killed everything except the animals and people in the boat, god made a promise to Noah that he will never destroy life in the earth with a flood. Rainbows remind humans that they have a promise with God that God will not have a massive flood for the whole world like in the Bible.

I believe in the creation story. There is evidence found that explains China used to worship one God in the way that the Bible explained people worshipped God. There are also a lot of Chinese words that indicate the the Biblical stories of Adam and Eve and Noah’s Ark are true. You can read “The Discovery of Genesis: How the Truths of Genesis Were Found Hidden in the Chinese Language: Books: CH Kang,Ethel R. Nelson” if you are interested.

I think the best way to understand the Christian faith is by reading the Bible, and praying to God.

There are Bibles written in every language, and I encourage you to read a Bible. There are stories in the Bible that are just wonderful to read in its own language. When you try to summarize it, it takes away from its meaning.

GOD would never create an angel, name him Lucifer, wich means everlasting carrier of light, then banish him to hell.

Who said Lucifer was the devil? Some realy old guy who probably needed to be on prozac.

The mistake we have is that we as men/woman try to compair GOD with ourselves and our own emotions. GOD is oure love as if a newborn baby is. We can not even comprehend his purity and power.

As far as these religions are concerned; they were all created to govern over people in a way to control them and gain money from them.

If you want to find out about GOD look inside yourself and others with the feeling of complete love. Don't believe everything you read! Only a fool would take a faith over knowledge.

GOD would never create an angel, name him Lucifer, wich means everlasting carrier of light, then banish him to hell.

Who said Lucifer was the devil? Some realy old guy who probably needed to be on prozac.

The mistake we have is that we as men/woman try to compair GOD with ourselves and our own emotions. GOD is oure love as if a newborn baby is. We can not even comprehend his purity and power.

As far as these religions are concerned; they were all created to govern over people in a way to control them and gain money from them.

If you want to find out about GOD look inside yourself and others with the feeling of complete love. Don't believe everything you read! Only a fool would take a faith over knowledge.

The word Lucifer does not even appear in the original text but in the King James Version of the Bible, which is an English translation. The correct translation of the original text is "Helel ben Shachar" which means "Helel son of the morning".

Lucifer is simply the Roman Language translation of "Son of the Morning"or what we call the morning star or Venus. As such it is not a source of real light but reflected light.

Helel is also the name of a God in the Ugaritic pantheon which is the Canaanite pantheon and he tried to take over the position of supreme Ruler by revolting against El, but he failed.

All these things are well known by scholars and christians who study the word and history, so it doesn't leave anything to interpreatation of people who don't bother to study the texts.

Another aspect of this word "Helel ben Shachar" is that as a noun it is interpreted as the above, as an adjective it can be interpreted as simply, "Helel the shinning one" which relates back to the serpent in Genesis.

Nachash (serpent in hebrew) means serpent as a noun but as an adjective it also means "shining one", so the connection to one individual is pretty much a given.

What is being talked about is the individual we call Satan, whose name is not Lucifer but Helel. We also know him in other texts as Enki / Ea in Sumerian texts.

Edited by Jor-el