Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost Book of Nostradamus

forgotfel

History channel has a special planned for the 28th about this. I've been mildly skeptical of nostradamus' writings but I am interested in this for some reason. Maybe it's just the wannabe detective in my head talking. Any other Nostradamus skeptics?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cinders

• forgotfel

• ~Cheese~

• crk365

History channel has a special planned for the 28th about this. I've been mildly skeptical of nostradamus' writings but I am interested in this for some reason. Maybe it's just the wannabe detective in my head talking. Any other Nostradamus skeptics?

I would be very interested to see what a 'lost book' had to say....I don't dismiss Nostradamus...

but I don't necessarily believe the interpretations. I think it's fun to read his prophesies and

keep an open mind.

The main reason why I don't believe in his predictions (or anybody else) is because:

A. The majority predict events that already happened. Maybe they use this as a way to illustrate their thought process? Still, it is useless.

B. The only relevent predictions are so far into the future that we will never know if they came true or not.

I would like to watch and see how did they come to that conclusion that it was Nostradamus' writings and where did they find it?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning to record this 2 hour show to my PC tonight.

Here is the description of the show from our TV schedule:

"Italian journalist Enza Massa stumbles across a mysterious manuscript dating to 1629 attributed to the prophet Nostradamus and containing illustrations of his predictions. Examining a mysterious book that some believe may be lost text by Michel Nostradamus, the 16th-century French astrologer and physician who many think predicted major world events. Includes the life of Nostradamus and interpretations of the book."

Sounds really interesting!

Edited by Cinders

The main reason why I don't believe in his predictions (or anybody else) is because:

A. The majority predict events that already happened. Maybe they use this as a way to illustrate their thought process? Still, it is useless.

B. The only relevent predictions are so far into the future that we will never know if they came true or not.

Add to this the fact that the prediction about the King of Terror coming down in July 1999 just didn't come true however you spin it and any credibility he had goes down the toilet.

Doesn't take a seer to vaguely predict a possible end to the world in 500 or so years' time.

Here's one,

Secondhand sez: there will be war for quite a long time.

[someone give him a Nobel Prize]

I'm watching it now. And it's kinda interesting really.

My personal opinion: He just made a few lucky guess. In his propheices.

This lost book they have "discovered" was found in 1994. Why are they playing it up like it hasnt been "around" for over 10 years???? Load of crap, I say.

Aside from that, Nostradumbass made several thousand "predictions" in his life time, and only about 1% of those seem to have any relavence to our history (Google it!). Anyone can sit down and just write some lines out and call them predictions. What really gets me is the fact that none of his predictions are specific AT ALL!!! We have to look back a few hundred years after the event has happened, "decipher" what he was saying through some sort of code, and then say, "Oh, look, he for-saw the beheading of Marie Antoinette!" BS if Ive ever wittnessed it before!

Not that this may up the crediability here, but its said that he has forseen the end of times. He knows (somehow) when Christ will return. Hmmm, isnt it also said in the Bible that no mortal shall know the day or the hour of his return? What, did Nostradumbass get an exception to that rule, or did he just happen to overhear God talking to an appostle one day while he was tripping on some shrooms?

Dont take anything anyone tells you about him seriously. I may be a newbie here and all, but I just had to say something about this. It may be fun to relate what he wrote 500 years ago, but its nothing more than that - a crossword puzzle to waste time...

Edited by simonel

I started reviewing the meanings of the images BEFORE the show was aired. You can see it in my thread here:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread310342/pg1

I don't have all of the answers. My information is incomplete. But, I do have a few keys.

I saw the show and should have expected as much. They only showed a few of the plates, but the backgrounds were very enlightening...

http://www.crystalinks.com/lostbookofnostradamus07.html

You know Crystal links, right? Some of the plates are posted there as the author was part of the program. I'd like to see all of them, but it may be a little while before they're all out on the web.

Plate 54

linked-image

Keith Crest

linked-image

The symbol under the 10 point buck here and in the coloring book is a stylized FORK [Trident], like the ones the priests used to take their offering meat.

Plate 70

linked-image

Here you can see the eight spoked wheel of Kilwinning.

linked-image

The crescent in the flower.

linked-image

And the double V, Veritas Vincit, Clan Keith motto.

linked-image

Plate 67

linked-image

Again we have the wheel. And the king with three fingers over the page that says one man, the one man whos shield King Malcolm II of Scotland drew three lines of blood on.

Two red blocks at the bottom that are separated are the two bloodlines that divide then reuite.

I'll be adding a lot more than you see...

I finally got around to watching it late last night. Overall, I was pretty impressed with the show...but for some reason I don't think diaper head Osama is the THIRD AntiChrist- to ME I think it would be BONE HEAD BUSH! LOL

Anyway, for the heck of it, I extracted several images from the 2 hour special and found some music to add in the background.

You can watch it online here (in a bit better quality):

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1394523KNftwMfC

I also posted it on my favorite French owned video site here:

Images from the Lost Book of Nostradamus

Nostradamus was quite an amazing man...

Edited by Cinders

I finally just watched this. Yeah, I know, I'm late to the party again. Sue me, I sold my TV. I found it on Veoh under the name of "Last Prophecy of Nostradamus" -- apparently illiteracy on the internet is not limited to message boards -- and broken into 10 parts of random lengths. Note: if you go looking for it on Veoh ignore parts 3, 7 and 9. 3 is one second of nothing. 7 is a trailer and 9 simply doesn't exist. Yes in the new world Nostradamus predicted we will go straight from 8 to 10!

Anyway, on to what I thought of the show.

First of all, as someone mentioned, it is only lost to the enormous amount of illiterate and un-curious who get ALL their information from a television. I was reading about the Vaticini Nostradami years ago. In fact, I remember posting a question on UM asking if anyone had anymore information on it and I think I received 1 or 2 replies.

I watched the show after finding out it was on the VM, as idea of images of prophecy fascinates me. I don't care if Nostradamus wrote it. For the record, I think it likely it was a collaborative effort between N. and his young son for two reasons.

1) The MS we have is a copy. Therefore, we can't Nostradamus wrote but we also can't say he didn't. He did have a son who grew to be a noted painter.

2) It apparently was in the Vatican Library at one point. How weird is it that is somehow made an escape from there, by the way? And if the Vatican thought it was written by Nostradamus, I'll take their word for it. They seriously suck at defining a religion, but are unbelievable archivists.

But authorship really is not important. Sure, if Nostradamus did write it, the prophecy believing community could believe is more easily, but he wasn't the only one that managed to predict the future -- sometimes -- with eerie clarity. St. Malachy is the first that comes to find. Only a few more popes left! Woohoo! Hope for the world!

The next question I had was, is it prophetic and the answer, just taking the information in the program is, of course: inconclusive. Some of the images are so extremely vague that nothing can be drawn from them.

Others made me raise my eyebrows: such as the one where it appears a pope is looking at a book with a picture of a mushroom cloud on the left hand page. Granted it might be another Tree of Life, but I have never encountered one done in ruddy tones before.

But most of the pictures were zipped bast so you can barely see them. Irritating. I agree with what someone said earlier, that it was a director pushing an "Let's scare some people with 2012!" agenda.

:sleepy:

The fallacy in that line of thought, that no one on the show mentioned, and in omitting this revealed the slant, is that assuming Nostradamus was a prophet, just for the sake of argument, his writings don't come to a conclusive 'end of the world' terminus. They emphatically say, and this is the beauty in them regardless of whether or not they are prophecy, is that things are gonna really suck before they get better. It is kind of ironic that whoever made the program seems to have a real desire for Armageddon, since Nostradamus never appeared to believe in such a thing.

All in all, I thought it a program typical of the kind produced in the last 8 years or so. I think Beavis paraphrased it best: "We're all gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I think I will celebrate New Year's Day 2013 by reading some of my by then and probably now, actually, out of date books on Nostradamus.

• 1 month later...

Hi, my first time here, very interesting stuff. I loved the program last night on Nostradamus lost book and the 2012 theory. A lot of the same things that Saint Malachy proclaimed. :yes::yes:

I would like to watch this show.. I remember watching on history channel they showed a segment on Nostradamus prophercies.. I spelled that incorrectly.. but the show was intersting

• 1 month later...

Im really interested in this TV show "Lost Book of Nostradamus" unfortunately it doesnt premiere here in NZ until next week

I am mostly curious about the 2012 date, as it aligns with a scientifically known galactic alignment on 21st Dec 2012 when the Earth performs 'precession'

this exact date 21st Dec 2012 is also in accordance with the Mayan prophet/high priest Chalam Balam as the end of the 'Long Count' (using their vastly superior calendar/time machine)

it also falls into line with the 'Bible Code' which predicts a Comet hitting Earth in 2012

...... referring back to the Mayans, the final page of their 'Dresden Codec' contains a drawing with heiroglyphs illustrating the end of the long count on 21st Dec 2012... the pictures depict the Earth being inundated with a great flood & although some glyphs are missing, the ones that remain translate to "Black Earth - Black on high" perhaps that could portray a Comet hitting in the Ocean causing a great tsunami and flood and ejecting millions of tons of debris into our atmosphere blacking out the Sun ????? food for thought I guess

I'll probably maybe take a peak of this.

I started reviewing the meanings of the images BEFORE the show was aired. You can see it in my thread here:

<a href="http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread310342/pg1" target="_blank">http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread310342/pg1</a>

I don't have all of the answers. My information is incomplete. But, I do have a few keys.

I saw the show and should have expected as much. They only showed a few of the plates, but the backgrounds were very enlightening...

<a href="http://www.crystalinks.com/lostbookofnostradamus07.html" target="_blank">http://www.crystalinks.com/lostbookofnostradamus07.html</a>

You know Crystal links, right? Some of the plates are posted there as the author was part of the program. I'd like to see all of them, but it may be a little while before they're all out on the web.

Plate 54

linked-image

Keith Crest

linked-image

The symbol under the 10 point buck here and in the coloring book is a stylized FORK [Trident], like the ones the priests used to take their offering meat.

Hi, I want to say I disagree with your interpretation of the first image. I think that the image under the buck is not a stylised fork or trident, but is actually the fleur-de-lis, which is associated with France, and particularly with the French monarchy. Having said that, I enjoyed your interpretations very much, and I hope you post more.

NOTE: edited original quote to include only pictures discussed in reply.

• 3 months later...

interesting to note that the third solar eclipse mentioned, which Nostradamus predicted will herald the beginning of the 'cross-over' is listed in Google as being on November 13, 2012 and the Mayan calendar ends on December 12, 2012.

Edited by crk365

interesting to note that the third solar eclipse mentioned, which Nostradamus predicted will herald the beginning of the 'cross-over' is listed in Google as being on November 13, 2012 and the Mayan calendar ends on December 12, 2012.

Hmmmmm.. that is very interesting! Thank you! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to watch 20 minutes of this before I gave up. The way they used background music really makes you think of a shoddy documentary that need to get an emotional appeal because it's done badly. The lack of any real challenge to Nostradamus or any indication of doing so in the first 20 minutes was what finally made me turn it of.

History repeats itself and if you are nice and vague then you'll be able to sound like you can predict the future.

Something will happen at some point in time that will have some effect on someone and/or something. Perhaps.

• 4 months later...

The positive side of the Mayan prediction could come from recent discoveries of Amazonian Dark Earth called Terra Preta ("black earth"). Charcoal was used successfully to create these anthropogenic soils, which allowed the ancient Amazon civilization to thrive on the otherwise poor soils. Their cities equaled the Mayas, Incas and Egyptians in culture and engineering. They just did not have the stone to build with. Their Terra Preta was the secret of El Dorado - a black gold, which seems to recreate itself when excavated.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=89...orado&hl=en

It may be quite possible to survive a peak-oil Armageddon by using their practices globally. The making of "biochar" results in carbon negative electricity, liquid hydrogen, bio-oils, and organic fertilizer. As it turns out, sinking that biochar carbon into soils is the best way to sequester atmospheric carbon for centuries. It is the most attainable way to reverse global warming, while doubling agricultural and forestry outputs.

The Mayans surely would have known about Terra Preta. Their reference to an abundance of water could simply represent the rise in seas from global warming. Their antidote could indeed be a black earth that ushers in a new age of goodness. Imagine having the know how to go to the moon and back without needing fossil fuels, or feeding everyone on the planet. It is possible.