Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Car that runs on water

promKing

Post removed

Belowim, let's keep this thread for sensible discussion on the water powered car shall we.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BELOWIM

• Torgo

• promKing

• DieChecker

I,m a Silversmith and use hydrogen generated by drano water and aluminum.1 teaspoon-Drano,1 pint water,1 inch x6 inch aluminum foil rolled into balls.Mix in 1 quart jar.1/8 inch tubing soldered to jar lid.Standard brazing tip with flash back arrestor.Continous flame for about 14 days.

What are the ingredients of drano and what about the electrical charge generated by the reaction of those elements with aluminum? Hydrogen and Oxygen are the simple-est to make natually. The most violent way is a lightning strike. To produce it simpy is take a battery, some wires, and a couple of catching tubes or jars, and water and hook a wire to each end of the battery and put the wires in the water and the jars upside down over each wire. One of the jars will collect Hydrogen and the other Oxygen.

Tamberon, are you talking about a candle? I think the problem with the use of Hydrogen is the compression. How do you get power to a car? What is a flash back arrestor?

Oh yeah, I see! The drano forces the water out with a chemical reaction and the reaction with the aluminum creates a charged reaction that separates the H and the O and forces the gases out, Yeah.

Now all we have to do is figure out a way to push pistons with it. How much Drano can you get ahold of?

• 2 months later...
Here's a step by step guide how to change your car so it can run on water!!

http://www.runyourcarwithwater.com/?hop=cyprusmete

None of those videos use water as fuel.

Video #1: the man says he uses a special "electrolysis method" to get "Brown's gas". This is ancient news. He's using electricity to split water into hydrogen and oxygen. It always takes more energy to split water than can possibly be gotten back by burning the resulting hydrogen and oxygen. I can't make out the schematic. At any rate, the best it can do is use some of the energy of the gasoline to turn an alternator to make electricity to split the water into hydrogen and oxygen, and then feed them into the engine to be burned. Remember that it always takes more energy to split water than can ever be gotten back by burning the resulting hydrogen. The alternator drags down the gasoline engine, requiring more gasoline to be burned.

Video #2: The inventor interviewed never says his machine runs on water. He says that water helps increase the efficiency of the gasoline he's using as fuel. Not the same thing.

Video #3: The man at the booth doesn't describe what happens inside the device but he does say that you get one use out of it after filling it with water. Adding more water later will not work. Clearly this uses a chemical reaction with one or more items inside the device. It might be as simple as a wet battery that doesn't work until it's filled with water, which acts only as an electrolyte. Once again, water is not fuel.

The headline in huge font says "RUN YOUR CAR ON WATER". In fine print it adds "and gas". This is a gasoline engine that might, at best, use water to increase the efficiency of the burning of the fuel, which is gasoline.

A bit farther down it says "use electricity from your car's battery to separate water into a gas called HHO". Once again, ancient news. This is simple electrolysis and never yields a net gain of energy.

A few times the claim is made that the device "burns water". This is deceptive. The device uses electricity to split water into hydrogen and oxygen. Hydrogen is burned in the car's engine, not water.

Every time anybody calls water "fuel" they are wrong. Water is never fuel. Water is the energy-dead result of burning hydrogen, which is the fuel.

Here is the problem with this...

Do you know how many oil and fuel companies would fold under if we converted to the use of water as a source for fuel? That is why the government is saying its a National Security threat. It would cause chaos with those monopolies. The government makes a lot of money with these companies too. That's why it hasn't happened yet and won't for a long time. There would be a huge war with these companies if it ever happened.

People say that water costs so much and so would be amazingly cheaper. But, the problem then is that your local water service would immediately raise the price of tap water to a dollar a gallon and the underclass would soon have their water turned off. People would be digging wells and "stealing" river water and on and on.

People thought biofuel would be great because corn was so cheap, but now the price of corn is soaring and food and fuel prices are going up.

Not that I like the Oil Companies. And, not that I believe in water engines.

Yeah oil prices are higher and higher every day and they (Masons and Illuminati of course) don't allow any vehicle that doesn't drive on something other than oil. If they only allow electric cars, but NO! **** you people!!

I'm perfectly aware that if people started driving cars on water that they would increase the cost of water, but they are already doing that in many so called developed country's. That's called privatization of water. For instance in UK water is privatized long time ago (since the era of Margaret Thatcher) so in UK it is forbidden to even collect rain whiteout paying and also since many people can't afford water in their homes the old diseases are coming back.

Yeah oil prices are higher and higher every day and they (Masons and Illuminati of course) don't allow any vehicle that doesn't drive on something other than oil. If they only allow electric cars, but NO! **** you people!!

I'm perfectly aware that if people started driving cars on water that they would increase the cost of water, but they are already doing that in many so called developed country's. That's called privatization of water. For instance in UK water is privatized long time ago (since the era of Margaret Thatcher) so in UK it is forbidden to even collect rain whiteout paying and also since many people can't afford water in their homes the old diseases are coming back.

You are right ~ Oil Companies and GREED are keeping us 'locked' into a distructive path to the future.

I found an interesting article on Coast to Coast AM.... about Nikola Tesla

Open Access Article Originally Published: July 11, 2006

In the summer of 1931, Nikola Tesla, the inventor of alternating current and the holder of some 1200 other U.S. patents, along with his nephew Peter Savo, installed a box on the front seat of a brand new Pierce-Arrow touring car at the company factory in Buffalo, New York. The box is said to have been 24 inches long, 12 inches wide and 6 inches high. Out of it protruded a 1.8 meter long antenna and two ¼ inch metal rods. Inside the box was reputed to be some dozen vacuum tubes -- 70-L-7 type -- and other electrical parts. Two wire leads ran from the box to a newly-installed 40 inch long, 30 inch diameter AC motor that replaced the gasoline engine.

As the story goes, Tesla inserted the two metal rods and announced confidently, "We now have power" and then proceeded to drive the car for a week, "often at speeds of up to 90 mph." ......

So what was the power source? Some charged "black magic", while others remained naturally skeptical. Tesla is reputed to have removed the box and returned to his New York City laboratory without revealing how he did it, though the suspicion lingers to this day, on the 150th anniversary of his birth in Smiljan, Croatia on July 9/10, 1856, that he had somehow tapped into the earth's magnetic field or perhaps even more exotically, zero point energy or gravitation waves."

• 1 month later...
Hello frnds,

This is more information regarding water fuel cars and the mechanism which drives them.

Using sunlight to split water is most certainly possible, and could be a great way to get fuel. The PROBLEM with the idea of a WATER-fueled car that only produces water as exhaust is that no matter what reactions take place in the intermediary steps theres NO NET gain of energy.

Splitting water with sunlight to make H2 and O2 takes the energy in the photons of sunlight and stores it chemically. By recombining the two you take that potential energy and can harness it. With no change in potential energy between water and water, however, you need some other energy source. You CAN'T run an engine on just water with no other energy source, and thats a fact.

When I first heard about hydrogen generators for cars and hydrogen car kits, I thought that people were talking about some futuristic gadget or rocket car, perhaps from the latest science fiction blockbuster at the movies. I never believed that it would be possible to run cars on water which is what these gas mileage devices are claimed to do.

But it seems that hydrogen generators for cars are nothing new and the technology has been around for some time. In fact I found out that these hydrogen car kits are widely available and at a price that almost everyone can afford. The prices seem to range between $100-$150 and are very easily installed as most of them come with a full guide to show you how.

So just what are these hydrogen car kits? Basically in very simple terms what they consist of is a small container of water to which is added a catalyst, such as baking soda, and some stainless steel plates. This is then connected to your cars battery to supply a small amount of electricity. When all these components are put together in the proper way what you end up with is a small hydrogen generator.

Once this system is installed and up and running it is possible to extract hydrogen oxygen (HHO) also known as a brown gas by the use of electrolysis. This is a process were electricity is used to change water into HHO. As water is made up of hydrogen and oxygen this process separates the two hydrogen atoms from the oxygen atom, basically converting the water into two flammable gases.

This HHO gas is then taken into the airflow on the intake manifold of your engine were it is mixed with the ordinary gasoline from your fuel tank. This mixture is then burnt in your engine in the usual way, but as it burns more efficiently and cleanly, it gives you better performance, more power and a huge saving in the amount of gasoline used.

Along with the fantastic gas mileage improvements that you get with these hydrogen car kits there are many other advantages. You get a cleaner burning fuel which will help to remove carbon deposits in your engine and prevent further build up. You will prolong the life of your engine and so save on mechanics bills. And one of the best of all is that this system produces considerably less harmful exhaust emissions, so helping to reduce the green house gases that cause global warming.

So with all these advantages of hydrogen generators for cars and with the actual hydrogen car kits so readily available and at such a great price, it is possible to run cars on water. I really think that water fueled cars are the way ahead. With the rocketing price of oil, and the cost of gas at the pumps going up on an almost weekly basis we really should be doing all we can to make gas mileage improvements for ourselves. And if we are helping the environment by using cleaner burning fuels then so much the better. So do the planet a favour and save cash at the same time and find out more about water fueled cars for yourself.

More useful information is available at www.waterfuelkit.net

Isn't that more rightly called a kind of hydrogen hybrid engine? You are really just introducing hydrogen as an additive to the gasoline. It is pretty well known that some additives will increase your power output, thereby decreasing your fuel usage and sometimes increasing your mileage. I still think electric is better then hydrogen. It is a lot safer for Joe Consummer to deal with batteries then to deal with mixing flamable gases. To get any real amount of hydrogen you need a pressure vessel too.

Yup, this car has already been made years and years and years ago...just some people lets say got killed in the process...sad but true.

There's been such cars for years, but there were problems with it, such as burning off the oxygen with the hydrogen which is really used for fuel..

• 1 year later...

It's actually very ease to make electricity with water. All you need is few volts which few solar panels will do some water and you can make your own hydrogen and store it to make electricity for your house and electric car.

I mean this is so basic and simple that it is utter shame that we still use this horrible oil that is killing us in any way it can.

Take a look at this guy, Michael Strizki, who is making his own hydrogen for car and house. He is storing hydrogen in big propane tanks and he could use much smaller tanks but law does not permit him to compress hydrogen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEdQRVQtffw

And also take a look at this toy a car that is being powered by hydrogen created from small solar panel and hydrogen generator

http://www.pureenergysystems.com/store/Horizon_Fuel_Cell_Technologies/H-Racer_and_Station/

I mean for douche's sake I want that car in real size not just toy!!!

All those stories about the future plans to turn in exploiting different clean and free energy are all lies, people must act now! How many Gulf of Mexico oil spill disasters does it take for people to get their senses?

You do realize that what you just described is not creating energy from water, but rather splitting water using solar energy in order to store said solar energy?

Sure, the thing is you get much more energy if you create hydrogen then conserve solar energy into batteries. I've been thinking about hydrogen cars since 2002 and people have been constantly bullshi*ing me on forums that production of hydrogen is very expensive and therefore completely unusable. So up until few weeks I heard that you only need like 9 volts battery in your house hydrogen experiment to create hydrogen which in instant triggered solar panel in my mind. Like guy on this page for instance who uses 9 volts battery and says how his bottle gets filled in 5 minutes altough he doesn't say how big is his bottle.

http://periodictable.com/Stories/001.1/index.html

So where I live the electric company is a real usurer by constantly raising prices not to mention oil companies and it would give me a great pleasure if I wouldn't have to depend on them.

Edited by promKing

Sure, the thing is you get much more energy if you create hydrogen then conserve solar energy into batteries. I've been thinking about hydrogen cars since 2002 and people have been constantly bullshi*ing me on forums that production of hydrogen is very expensive and therefore completely unusable. So up until few weeks I heard that you only need like 9 volts battery in your house hydrogen experiment to create hydrogen which in instant triggered solar panel in my mind. Like guy on this page for instance who uses 9 volts battery and says how his bottle gets filled in 5 minutes altough he doesn't say how big is his bottle.

http://periodictable.com/Stories/001.1/index.html

So where I live the electric company is a real usurer by constantly raising prices not to mention oil companies and it would give me a great pleasure if I wouldn't have to depend on them.

Hydrogen has issues such as containment and escape. All materials which come into contact with hydrogen enbrittle, which makes the distribution all but impossible on a long term basis. Toyota have had a demonstration hydrogen car for years and it runs round a track just fine. When asked, the development leader wouldn't say when it was going into production as he well understood the infrastructure issues involved.

Bare in mind that hydrogen is one of the most difficult gases to liquify, and as a gas it has a relatively low energy value compared to fossil fuels.

For purely technical reasons it seems unlikely that hydrogen cars will become a reality -ever.

Hydrogen on demand (browns gas) may be able to boost hydrocarbon efficiency (typically currently just 15% of the energy in petrol makes it to spinning the wheels, so even a tiny increase in conversion rates would be significant).

The hydrogen dream - is just that.

Br Cornelius

• 2 weeks later...

OK great for the info Br Cornelius I just have few more questions: If Hydrogen has issues such as containment and escape how could they fill zeppelins with it before 1939 until Hindenburg happened? I mean in if it escapes so much how could they contain it with, let's say, cloth? And I never heard it's steel structure to enbrittle.

Beside I didn't actually talk about hydrogen cars but producing electricity by hydrogen (like the guy in video) and then put it in electric car. But now that you mention it where I live people are more and more remaking their cars so they would run on earth gas, which means from time to time you go to oil station and you buy a big bottle looking similar to this

30w776x.png

about 20 liters and yeah I was thinking if it could be possible to put hydrogen instead of earth gas. But now you say there is problem with enbrittling?

Well in any case it's not the thing you find info very easy.

Edited by promKing

OK great for the info Br Cornelius I just have few more questions: If Hydrogen has issues such as containment and escape how could they fill zeppelins with it before 1939 until Hindenburg happened? I mean in if it escapes so much how could they contain it with, let's say, cloth? And I never heard it's steel structure to enbrittle.

The Hindenburg (and other zeppelins) were not pressurized.

Any useful fuel tank for a car would require either liquified or pressurized hydrogen (unless you want to haul around a blimp full of fuel).

Since hydrogen is the smallest possible molecule, putting it under pressure creates lots of problems. It is much easier for hydrogen molecules to squeeze into the steel - even if there are no cracks or holes (just for ball-park numbers, the separation between iron atoms in steel is about 0.26 nm, while the separation between hydrogen atoms in H2 is only 0.074 nm) than other hydrocarbon fuels under comparable pressure.

Edited by sepulchrave

It's actually very ease to make electricity with water. All you need is few volts which few solar panels will do some water and you can make your own hydrogen and store it to make electricity for your house and electric car.

I agree it is easy to make hydrogen in small amounts. Now figure out how much a single family dwelling house covered in solar cells makes... A typical system easily makes 3.5 kW per day. So they you need to figure out how much hydrogen you can make with that. Then you need to figure out how much hydrogen you will need for your car every day. Clearly it is possible to hook up solar panels and use the hydrogen to fuel a car, but the question is, is it more cost effective then say.... a battery operated electric car. The answer is sadly No. Battery technolgy has already made hydrogen cars obsolete.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolysis_of_water

Sure, the thing is you get much more energy if you create hydrogen then conserve solar energy into batteries.

Where did you hear this? I don't think it is true. Converting solar radiation into hydrogen is a lot less efficent then storing energy in batteries. Certain kinds of batteries anyway.

Beside I didn't actually talk about hydrogen cars but producing electricity by hydrogen (like the guy in video) and then put it in electric car.

Are you saying buy hydrogen to make electricity to power a car? You are adding steps in there that an electric car just doesn't need. Adding steps that transform energy, as in from hydrogen to electricity will always cause losses.

Where did you hear this? I don't think it is true. Converting solar radiation into hydrogen is a lot less efficent then storing energy in batteries. Certain kinds of batteries anyway.

Are you saying buy hydrogen to make electricity to power a car? You are adding steps in there that an electric car just doesn't need. Adding steps that transform energy, as in from hydrogen to electricity will always cause losses.

Well the idea is that you need few volts to create hydrogen unlike the need of big solar panels when you use electricity directly from sunlight. If you need 9 volts to create 0.5 liters of hydrogen in 5 minutes then in theory you would need small solar panel and let's say small wind mill when there's no light outside (night) to create hydrogen. You would need some amount of hydrogen which would go to container (not compressed) and then directly burn into hydrogen motor to create electricity for the house.

Since 1 horsepower equals 746 watts of electricity that means, I guess, that you would need small engine of between 2-3 horsepower which would burn hydrogen and give enough electricity for an average home.

But ofcourse I don't know how much hydrogen you need to create 1 horsepower of energy. If it's like oil then it wouldn't take much. Because for instance I know there are oil gasoline cars that use less than 4 liters for 100 kilometers.

And when it comes to hydrogen cars, I don't know if it's a fraud but there are companies that convert your car to use hydrogen. For instance in this article they say: solar powered Hydrogen Generator that manufactures the Hydrogen fuel for your vehicle at virtually zero cost. Simply put, you never have to buy Gasoline again. Since there are no major changes made to your engine, you can still run your vehicle on Gasoline at any time.

axd8uv.jpg

http://www.aboutmyplanet.com/science-technology/diy-convert-your-car-to-use-hydrogen-today/

Edited by promKing

Well the idea is that you need few volts to create hydrogen unlike the need of big solar panels when you use electricity directly from sunlight. If you need 9 volts to create 0.5 liters of hydrogen in 5 minutes then in theory you would need small solar panel and let's say small wind mill when there's no light outside (night) to create hydrogen. You would need some amount of hydrogen which would go to container (not compressed) and then directly burn into hydrogen motor to create electricity for the house.[...]

Actually, you would need approx. 50 kWh per 1 kg of hydrogen (link). Volumetric and mass energy density of hydrogen and other fuels you can find here -> link.